• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rune page thing is a load of horseshit. Pages should be 1000 IP. If I were a dick, I'd price them at 3000 IP. 6300 IP per page? It's just stupid... except that I validated Riot's strategy when I paid up for the bundle. :/

Also, the Jarvan entry in that Tank guide is so true. He just does things and doesn't give a fuck. I do need to learn how to jungle, though...

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
the rune page bundle is probably the best deal in the entire store

take advantage of it before you get 4 pages and it becomes unavailable to you.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
FutureZombie said:
I just played a couple games with her. She doesn't qualify as a carry at all since her abilities do not stack well with AP. She's a beast at mid because of the range on flash frost and her egg (which makes her unkillable in mid lane at the start of the game).

Frost bite has .5 AP ratio, and it double once the opponent is slowed, so it has 1AP ratio if you slow your enemy (which should be easy with Q and ult).

Because she is aoe heavy, she is one of the character that you should stack heavy Spell Penetration instead of AP.

Her Q stun also have a .5 AP ratio, It does damage when it passby enemy, and damage .5 AP ratio AGAIN when you denote it. Don't forget its AOE.

I do agree the ult have horrible AP ratio, but if you consider that it is an aoe, easy slow for your frostbite, easy farming tool, scare enemy away, slow group of enemy down, doesn't require you to be in range to do damage. It is pretty awesome.

A lot of people never took advantage of this, but her wall can also give vision, so you can use it as a super long range bush check.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Am I doing something wrong with Nunu, that even with Runes, Masteries, and Cloth Armor, I can still barely take out Blue Buff without a leash? And I mean barely as in "If my Consume Cooldown was .1 seconds longer, I would have died". I know my runes aren't the best, but I have heard people say you can start at blue without runes. Maybe the buffs were given more HP at level 1 at some point?

Junglerunes.png

JungleMasteries.png

Now, I have found a much safer route that I can take without a leash, Mini Golems > Wraths > Wolves > Blue > Mini Golems > Red, which takes about 5 minutes to finish.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
shintoki said:
You always get a leash with blue bluff, its standard practice.
Oh, I know that, I was just trying to practice a bit of worst case juggling, in the event I have asshole for teammates who won't leash.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What the hell is with your runes Dr. Kirby?

Also, Nunu lost a big chunk of his jungle sustain with the consume nerf IIRC, so your information might be outdated.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Those runes and masteries are really weird.

Why would you take the modifier on Exhaust and Smite for example? All junglers should be rolling Smite/Flash. Why dump four points into expanded mind with nothing in Meditation? You should also consider investing your IP into standardizing your runes. What you've got right now is a mess. You shouldn't have any mana regen. Your CDRs should all be flat. You should run with at least one health quint if you are going to be using runes/quints that aren't giving you a combat edge like gold per ten and move speed.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Halycon said:
What the hell is with your runes Dr. Kirby?

Also, Nunu lost a big chunk of his jungle sustain with the consume nerf IIRC, so your information might be outdated.
Oh, I tend to use my IP on champs, and just saved up enough for anther Rune Page. I never really had that great of Runes, so I just tried to make do with what I had. I have a total of 3 Quints (The ones I use), all 3 of them were gained though the Rune Combination System, and tried to fill my Rune slots with Level 1 version of the runes I am hoping to get later. Ran out of IP completely, so my Cooldown blues aren't even all flat CDR. I am looking to get more complete rune sets, I think my best Rune Page is my Caster One (Even then, I think it is a bit messy)

CasterRunes.png

Really wish I was able to get some of those Razor Runes.
I have the Smite and Exhaust Masteries, since those are the skills I rune with Nunu. The reason I don't use flash, is that it didn't really seem to help with imitation, and I build tanky, so I really am not looking to quickly get away most of the time. Being able to Exhaust the enemy makes it easier for the other people in the lane to catch up, and if I just snow ball them, they will just flash away and then none of us can like catch him (Or if I flash to them, I can't do all that much)

I don't know why I skipped over Meditation though. Should I just take the 3 points out of Resistance and stuff them in Mediation? I don't think the extra 6 MR makes much difference.

Haly

Okay. I'm testing Nunu right now to see what you can get away with.

kiunchbb said:
Frost bite has .5 AP ratio, and it double once the opponent is slowed, so it has 1AP ratio if you slow your enemy (which should be easy with Q and ult).

Because she is aoe heavy, she is one of the character that you should stack heavy Spell Penetration instead of AP.

Her Q stun also have a .5 AP ratio, It does damage when it passby enemy, and damage .5 AP ratio AGAIN when you denote it. Don't forget its AOE.

I do agree the ult have horrible AP ratio, but if you consider that it is an aoe, easy slow for your frostbite, easy farming tool, scare enemy away, slow group of enemy down, doesn't require you to be in range to do damage. It is pretty awesome.

A lot of people never took advantage of this, but her wall can also give vision, so you can use it as a super long range bush check.

The wall is incredibly useful; I really like it. Just played another game with her and did well. Her range and ult are great for team fights as well. I decided to build her with lots of cool down reduction since her Q has such a long cool down and the other team had a Veigar, so I didn't want to just stack AP.

Also, the egg is the ultimate troll ability. So funny.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I play with Rac a decent amount, he always says the Wall is one of the skills you want to wait till level up. It is useful, but only once laning is over.

Drkirby said:
I play with Rac a decent amount, he always says the Wall is one of the skills you want to wait till level up. It is useful, but only once laning is over.

For sure. It's the last thing I level up since the only change to it is its width.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The Egg usefulness dies out once laning is over. It can do things like save you From Karthsus Ult, and if you get "killed" at the tail end of a team fight, but if you are egged mid team fight, you are very likely to be killed, or to put the rest of the team in a bad spot trying to guard you.

Haly

Just tried to jungle with runes around your level and you're right, Nunu can't do blue anymore without rune support.

Sucks really, no wonder he's fallen out of favor.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
With even one or two HP quints, I would likely be fine with Blue Buff, but yeah Nunu can not jungle that way without runes anymore.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
TPing to wards is the best thing in the game c/d

Just had a game where the opponent was at Baron, and I respawned, TPed in, and my team cleaned them up.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yes, yes it is. I still don't think you should be able to see a person teleporting to a Bush though, but it is the best.

Haly

Drkirby said:
With even one or two HP quints, I would likely be fine with Blue Buff, but Nunu can not jungle that way without runes anymore.
If you're interested in fleshing out your jungle rune page:
ijF2twOcFlbiY.png

ib22lvN1yiMtBX.png

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Dance In My Blood said:
Way easier to carry a team from a lane than the jungle in my opinion.
Center and if they aren't properly warding. Absolutely. Bot lane nor top can do much without leaving that lane vulnerable, but if you pick an Aki, LeBlac, Annie, Lux, or any of them who can just strut around and blow up people quick. You'll be hell.

Once you get to mid level, they'll have more wards and be playing a lot more conservative, making the jungle more important. 2nd, maybe out 1 out of 10 can actually jungle good. A good jungle is rare and far more important.

Champions I hate to see on the other team:

1) Akali- If she's fed, the game is over because it's so hard to target her in team fights.

2) Twitch- Whoever invented stealth in video games should be shot.

3) Blitzcrank- Rocket grab is arguably the single best skill in the game.

4) Tryndamere- Half the time the person playing him sucks. But when they're good... he's too strong and fast and takes down turrets like they were casters.

5) Sivir- GG backdoor.

6) LeBlanc- I understand she is only good at the beginning of the game. But that's long enough for her to go 7-1 and for my team to surrender.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
With Aki, I'm expecting her to be receiving a nerf soon. Never been a fan of herself myself and since it seems like she is coming into the FOTM class. Expect it within the next 2-3 patches.

Only character I dislike is Soraka. I just don't understand why people in normal play her(Other than clearly being try hards). She is boring to play, fits perfectly in with the conservative, dull meta game, allows for bad play, etc.

Ferga

FutureZombie said:
Champions I hate to see on the other team:

1) Akali- If she's fed, the game is over because it's so hard to target her in team fights

2) Twitch- Whoever invented stealth in video games should be shot.

3) Blitzcrank- Rocket grab is arguably the single best skill in the game.

4) Tryndamere- Half the time the person playing him sucks. But when they're good... he's too strong and fast and takes down turrets like they were casters.

5) Sivir- GG backdoor.

6) LeBlanc- I understand she is only good at the beginning of the game. But that's long enough for her to go 7-1 and for my team to surrender.

1) Whenever i see akali, i go lee sin

5) Teleport

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
That feel when you are dominating early game, go troll Sona, lose two big team fights and throw the game.

Does anyone else know that feel? :/

Haly

Biggest Dominion Play Ever:

WW is chasing me (Shaco) halfway across the map. Akali comes to help me out. WW ults into Akali, and then Flashes into me for the kill.

We lost that but I wasn't even mad. It feels great to be a part of a big play, even if you die.

Halycon said:
Biggest Dominion Play Ever:

WW is chasing me (Shaco) halfway across the map. Akali comes to help me out. WW ults into Akali, and then Flashes into me for the kill.

We lost that but I wasn't even mad. It feels great to be a part of a big play, even if you die.

NO IT DOESN'T

YOU

MUST

WIN

GRRRRRRRRRR

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sivir, AD Anivia, Akali, and Teemo troll team so I picked jungle Yi. Still reeling over how we won.

Rayven

aka surume
Legato.Reborn- said:
I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

and rayven does, he got mad at rlybigmuscles and I one time for dicking off in a normal we should have easily won :X
I don't remember that :p

Happens though.

markot

Banned
I wouldnt be holding my breath in anticipation. The whole idea is to tease with the sales, but that most people cant be assed to wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom