• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I tried wukong in a bot game finally, before he goes non-free. He seems surprisingly fun. I guess one thing people do is quickly go E-W so he pops forwards and then stealths.

It's related to being high.

I just played with two people who were high, and repeatedly left me high and dry as the team tank... when we clearly had the advantage. I stopped caring when I noticed that I died because they were busying farming wraiths next to my death 30 minutes in.

Uchip

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
It's related to being high.

I just played with two people who were high, and repeatedly left me high and dry as the team tank... when we clearly had the advantage. I stopped caring when I noticed that I died because they were busying farming wraiths next to my death 30 minutes in.

ive been high every game we have played

bjaelke

Zilean taking one for the team
KuGsj.gif

Man...that was a damn good game. Props to the winners of that one. Can't wait for the rest.

EDIT: Oh, man...that Chinese food conversation in the chat...haha.

Telaso

Banned
dragonlife said:
Man...that was a damn good game. Props to the winners of that one. Can't wait for the rest.

EDIT: Oh, man...that Chinese food conversation in the chat...haha.

Well what Joe said was right. Why would you go to China to eat McDonalds??

When I was there in 2005 the best part was the food. I will never forget the real Peking Duck I had, it was so different, but soooo good. It was amazing other than having to drink bottled drinks always since even the ice is not edible to foreigners.

Telaso said:
Well what Joe said was right. Why would you go to China to eat McDonalds??

When I was there in 2005 the best part was the food. I will never forget the real Peking Duck I had, it was so different, but soooo good. It was amazing other than having to drink bottled drinks always since even the ice is not edible to foreigners.
I was more laughing that one of the commentators left the chat open for everyone to see the guy say "I **** so much today" and seeing their reactions to it.

What makes China's ice not edible for foreigners?

sohois

I think i'm about to give up on trying play LoL on american servers. For about a third of my games i can have a reasonable, lag-free game, but the other 2/3rds will be either really laggy or completely unplayable and its just not something i can bother with anymore.

I should explain that the reason for this is that i moved to China a few months ago (strange coincidence given the last few posts) but wanted to keep paying on my lvl30 account, plus i had no idea what kind of services Riot offered in China. So my main question is this: Does anyone know if how to go about downloading the Chinese Client for LoL (assuming there is one)? Any other solutions would also be appreciated.

Telaso

Banned
dragonlife said:
I was more laughing that one of the commentators left the chat open for everyone to see the guy say "I **** so much today" and seeing their reactions to it.

What makes China's ice not edible for foreigners?

I don't remember the real reason, but something about the water source being unsuitable for us. This was nearly 7 years ago so it might be different now, but all the tour guides wouldn't let us have anything that wasn't bottled outside the country.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Going to add Shaco to a queue dodge list or something. Had way too many people pick him this week when they shouldn't have.

MultiCore

sohois said:
I think i'm about to give up on trying play LoL on american servers. For about a third of my games i can have a reasonable, lag-free game, but the other 2/3rds will be either really laggy or completely unplayable and its just not something i can bother with anymore.

I should explain that the reason for this is that i moved to China a few months ago (strange coincidence given the last few posts) but wanted to keep paying on my lvl30 account, plus i had no idea what kind of services Riot offered in China. So my main question is this: Does anyone know if how to go about downloading the Chinese Client for LoL (assuming there is one)? Any other solutions would also be appreciated.
http://lol.qq.com/

Official chinese LOL site.

Most recent version download link:
http://lol.qq.com/download.shtml

dimb

This week is already shaping up to be "First Time Kog", "First Time Vayne", "First Time Riven".

dimb

Free week Riven is literally game ruining. Lost a 4v5(my team was the five) with a wombo combo of worst Riven and worst Olaf.

Riven should never be free. This is why we can't have nice things.

Sorry but is there a Neogaf channel and how do I know what players I can add? As in what players are from EU or USA?

In any case I play on EU servers, newb as hell nick is
Oldblood

Dance In My Blood said:
In 99.9% of games it isn't a viable strategy, so having a character who can only do that is pretty worthless. Backdooring is easy to spot with proper warding, and offers no real counter unless you are able to deliver a finishing blow. Otherwise the team with five people in the team fight crush the team with one person MIA and go destroy the nexus before your backdoor gets anywhere, and maybe even send one or two guys back to destroy you while you think you're getting fancy with the spices on some turret.

Sivir and Eve aren't even worthwhile backdoor tier. Go Yi or Trynd if you want to do that.

You forget about Twisted Fate, who is in my opinion by far the best backdoor champ. He can nail two turrets and get back to your base before the other team can make something happen easy.

I honestly don't think anyone else is nearly as viable at this as him.

bjaelke

I'd say Shaco. Secure the area with a few JitBs, use the ultimate to get double the damage and then use Deceive if they decide to teleport back to the tower.

Blizzard

Banned
bjaelke said:
I'd say Shaco. Secure the area with a few JitBs, use the ultimate to get double the damage and then use Deceive if they decide to teleport back to the tower.
Doesn't his ultimate do reduced damage against towers? Plus that seems like it would only work if you had a super farmed AD + AS + tanky Shaco, unless you were pushing with minions...in which case the other team should have kept the lane pushed.

And if you have a super farmed AD + AS Shaco, then you could probably carve up people on the other team. I dunno.

*edit* I forgot to mention, the turret will make the jack in the boxes visible. I'm still not sure whether jack in the boxes can fear stealthed people, by the way. I want to test that.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Does anyone know if Adobe Air 3 releasing is gonna have an effect on LoL? Would LoL have to be recoded for Air 3, recompiled in Air 3, or would we just get improvements purely from Air 3 being installed?

bjaelke

Blizzard said:
Doesn't his ultimate do reduced damage against towers? Plus that seems like it would only work if you had a super farmed AD + AS + tanky Shaco, unless you were pushing with minions...in which case the other team should have kept the lane pushed.

And if you have a super farmed AD + AS Shaco, then you could probably carve up people on the other team. I dunno.

*edit* I forgot to mention, the turret will make the jack in the boxes visible. I'm still not sure whether jack in the boxes can fear stealthed people, by the way. I want to test that.
A decent jungle shaco should be able to do it without being fed. You don't place the boxes near the towers but in the nearby bushes to alert you.
Dmorr07 said:
Anyway to watch the game 3 from SK vs. CLG last night? I'd like to see how the Sivir played.
Sivir was against AP Janna, so it was fairly easy. I don't know why SK went with Sona and Janna...

Somax

Macattk15 said:
I played AD/AS Cho'gath last night for the shit of it .... literally wrecked peoples faces with it too.

Xerath come out today?

Tomorrow, they delayed the patch to 5/10 in US and 6/10 in EU.

n0b

Macattk15 said:
I played AD/AS Cho'gath last night for the shit of it .... literally wrecked peoples faces with it too.
I love doing that with cho. My favorite part is that you can still build him full tank for the beginning of the game and transition perfectly into ad for late game with cho and be viable in both roles.

Repgnar

solblade00 said:
So I'm wondering, is it worth it to spend money on IP boosts?

I'm asking myself the same thing. I'm level 19.5 right now and starting to focus on 2-3 champions right now so I can buy runes but it's going to cost like 15k+ IP to get a full page. I still have 10 levels to go until i'm 30 and can play ranked games so i'll probably just keep playing for now.

Dmorr07 said:
I'm asking myself the same thing. I'm level 19.5 right now and starting to focus on 2-3 champions right now so I can buy runes but it's going to cost like 15k+ IP to get a full page. I still have 10 levels to go until i'm 30 and can play ranked games so i'll probably just keep playing for now.

It costs around 10k for a full page.

That is still obscene...

CrazedProfessional said:
I've been playing AP Sion lately and he just seems like a really fucking good anticarry and backdoorer. Go double Dorans Rings into Needlessly Large Rod + Boots 1 and watch as you kill all the squishies with your shield.

You can wipe out entire minion waves by mid-game so he can REALLY push lanes fast. He seems like Yorick, Awesome as fuck but underplayed. By end game you shield and Stun do about 900 magic damage each and since the shield procs enrage you will have around about 3k HP if you farm well enough with your shield. It's just crazy fun.

Actually try going ap tome + pots---> sheen ----> boots-----> Lichbane---> sorc boots. The amount of lols at a 426 speed stunning, exploding sion is amazing. I feel like that one Orc from LOTR charging at Helm's Deep with the torch while Ashe is trying to stop me with arrows but she gets the funny look and is stunned

Afterwards adda RoA and Rylai's for even more fun as you wind up with 3600+ health.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
n0b said:
I love doing that with cho. My favorite part is that you can still build him full tank for the beginning of the game and transition perfectly into ad for late game with cho and be viable in both roles.
You always talk about doing it, but I have never seen you actually pull it off in a game.

Played 3 games tonight. Saw 6 Vaynes.

I tried her in a bot game this afternoon and I don't really get how her ult is any good for anything but ganking during laning. Someone enlighten me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
FutureZombie said:
Played 3 games tonight. Saw 6 Vaynes.

I tried her in a bot game this afternoon and I don't really get how her ult is any good for anything but ganking during laning. Someone enlighten me.
What more do you want from a ranged carry's ult?

Halycon said:
What more do you want from a ranged carry's ult?

Well Caitlyn has an ult that's good in team fights as well as for ganking. Vayne's requires her to do things that might get her killed since she is so squishy. I don't know for sure since I only played against bots and that is way too easy with a character like her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom