• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrekt

EskimoJoe said:
I'm good with Morgana. After getting all my runes, I never bought anything else. I'll occasionally try someone new, but never bought anyone. I guess I also have Kayle, but she was free, so...
You can get Tristana and Alistar for free by liking them on facebook and subscribing to their youtube, respectively. They might be a good start.

I'd consider Xerath and Morg a bit too similar. Branch out to a different role like tank or AD carry. You don't want to get in a Draft game where the first 2 people pick AP carry and suddenly you are playing as a 3rd AP carry or a char you have no experience with.

Wrekt said:
You can get Tristana and Alistar for free by liking them on facebook and subscribing to their youtube, respectively. They might be a good start.

I'd consider Xerath and Morg a bit too similar. Branch out to a different role like tank or AD carry. You don't want to get in a Draft game where the first 2 people pick AP carry and suddenly you are playing as a 3rd AP carry or a char you have no experience with.

I tried Talon a few times, but I was rubbish with him. I do eventually want to learn to play someone like that, though. Doing boring AP casters like that can be too similar.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I was being sarcastic (cue quoting my title)

Basically, Meeru begged Icefrog for some keys and turned around and sold them on eBay for $3000.

Ark

Archie said:
I was being sarcastic (cue quoting my title)

Basically, Meeru begged Icefrog for some keys and turned around and sold them on eBay for $3000.

Is Meeru a Gaffer? I'm confused :(

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
He was.
jvV6E.gif

Mothman91

FlightOfHeaven said:
Why would you want an RP refund?

I didn't sign up for one, because I still want my skins and everything... not to mention I CAN STILL PLAY
I have legendary Tyrn skin, but before I bought that I got the King Tyrn skin... lol. Plus, I regret getting some skins(Recon Teemo.....)....

Wait, you have to sign up for the RP refund?? How did you get an email then without signing up? I just sent them an email.

Mothman91 said:
I have legendary Tyrn skin, but before I bought that I got the King Tyrn skin... lol. Plus, I regret getting some skins(Recon Teemo.....)....

Wait, you have to sign up for the RP refund?? How did you get an email then without signing up? I just sent them an email.

You get the email. I did, but I didn't sign up for it.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
Mothman91 said:
You might get a "server is busy" once the queue is done. Happened to me twice with 5 minute queues.
Couldn't you just use the magical code? Did they change it again? I haven't been able to play in a good long while now so I wouldn't know.

So, I log in, I get a debug error.

No biggie, I'll go to my PC partition and sign in through there.

Server is busy.

wtf riot

RAYVEN HELP

Edit:

Is it because the champion pack is currently lacking Hiemerdinger? When the game loads it checks for him and freaks the fuck out?

Blizzard

Banned
Jazzy Network said:
Gangplank is so OP. Wrecking face with him and I've barely used him at all.
Share advice please! When I play him his parley seems good, but you run out of mana if you harass with it, and you can't harass if you farm with it. If you run up to melee champions or minions, it seems like you're asking to be nuked by the enemy lane ranged combo.

Achtius

Blizzard said:
Share advice please! When I play him his parley seems good, but you run out of mana if you harass with it, and you can't harass if you farm with it. If you run up to melee champions or minions, it seems like you're asking to be nuked by the enemy lane ranged combo.
three_v_five.png

Edit: Check out his build.

One thing you have to realize was that this game was mostly 4v5 (although it started as 3v4; Jarvan and Vlad dropped for our team and Jax for thiers). Jax reconnected when most of us were level 3, Jarvan reconnected when I was level 8 and Vlad came back around 13-14.

I think the only reason we won was because we were able to pick Jax off several times in the jungle, allowing us to win the team battle and push.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
End game build does not help him at all.

Get a Philo stone earlier on and it should take care of all your mana problems. Save a bit of mana for your ult. Recall if you're empty and low on health.

His mana management is no different from any other non-caster champion.

I can't believe I'm the only person that uses Deathfire Grasp. At its absolute minimum, it takes away 30% of a champion's life. If you have 500AP, you're taking away almost 50% of any champion's life in one hit! And it's only a 60 second cool down! And it gives you 60AP, 10 mana regen per 5 sec, and -15% cool down reduction. It's by far the best item in the game, yet I never see anyone else use it.

This is an item that may deal 900-1,800 damage in one hit!

Holy shit I can't believe Electrastar hit level 18. Last I remember when I looked at her level, it was at 11 and that was probably at around the 30-35 minute mark.

Yea and I usually go jungle GP so I don't worry about mana as much. If I solo top, I woud try not to waste mana harassing unless I know for a fact the damage will scare them off. Just farm up all game and you'll be pretty much a beast.

I actually got Wriggles first then sold it when I had no room left. Then build Warmogs so I can farm it up early, then it's up to you whether you wanna get something like Atma's or Triforce first. There is no real set build for him I think. Triforce is good on him cause of the burst, but if you were to get like a BT or something, it's totally understandable.

Repgnar

Any thoughts on Shen? Tried jungling with him today and he seemed really slow compared to Udyr. His abilities seem to really help out the team though. The taunt acts like a stun forcing a champ to stand while your team gets some damage in, which works well with a coordinated gank. His ultimate is able to save teammates and even turn the fight if an enemy champ is getting greedy. He just didn't seem to make much of an impact until later in the game where as Udyr's presence is almost always felt once he gets bear stance. Might try laning with him tomorrow or just keep practicing with the jungle.

IsayFever

Dmorr07 said:
Any thoughts on Shen? Tried jungling with him today and he seemed really slow compared to Udyr. His abilities seem to really help out the team though. The taunt acts like a stun forcing a champ to stand while your team gets some damage in, which works well with a coordinated gank. His ultimate is able to save teammates and even turn the fight if an enemy champ is getting greedy. He just didn't seem to make much of an impact until later in the game where as Udyr's presence is almost always felt once he gets bear stance. Might try laning with him tomorrow or just keep practicing with the jungle.

I jungle shen like all the time and he's AMAZING. Just gotta make sure to coordinate your ganks and once you get that wriggles it's smooth sailing to quick jungle

Ferga

FutureZombie said:
I can't believe I'm the only person that uses Deathfire Grasp. At its absolute minimum, it takes away 30% of a champion's life. If you have 500AP, you're taking away almost 50% of any champion's life in one hit! And it's only a 60 second cool down! And it gives you 60AP, 10 mana regen per 5 sec, and -15% cool down reduction. It's by far the best item in the game, yet I never see anyone else use it.

This is an item that may deal 900-1,800 damage in one hit!

I always use it on veigar but that's it unless i feel like trolling mid with gragas.

deathfire-ult dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom