• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I really think I'm done with the game. Its been fun, but the IP system(On top of the very formula-based play) has reached the point with me. Trying to get multiple rune pages, already in a very homogenized state. Pure tank, AD carry, AP carry, tank, and jungle. While having no specialization without buying another page.

shintoki said:
I really think I'm done with the game. Its been fun, but the IP system(On top of the very formula-based play) has reached the point with me. Trying to get multiple rune pages, already in a very homogenized state. Pure tank, AD carry, AP carry, tank, and jungle. While having no specialization without buying another page.

Can't you just change your runes out before you play certain characters? Kind of a pain to do, but perhaps better than spending money.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
FutureZombie said:
Can't you just change your runes out before you play certain characters? Kind of a pain to do, but perhaps better than spending money.
There are other factors too. The competitive nature of the title with its current meta game has left a very sour taste in my mouth. Even in normal, there is very little room for doing something different. The higher price in champions with the reduction in IP and we are still waiting on the very basic of features.

Maybe its just DOTA2.0 over loaming, general boredom, or just a bad two weeks but the standard play just has hit a wall with me. I've lost some 15, out of my last 20. And I really just don't give a fuck. Probably just stick to Dom like others, and play something else.

Dance In My Blood said:
As if the world needed another Caitlyn skin.
Been a while since we had a pro-tit skin.

Kozak

Banned
FutureZombie said:
Well Caitlyn has an ult that's good in team fights as well as for ganking. Vayne's requires her to do things that might get her killed since she is so squishy. I don't know for sure since I only played against bots and that is way too easy with a character like her.

Caitlyns ult is actually pretty terrible in most team fights. Anyone with health/armour can block it for the squishies in team fights.

Ashe probably has the best ult out of all the ranged carries.

Caitlyn has superior range and good attack animation though.

markot

Banned
Teemo has the best skins ^_^

vfTQC.jpg

Uchip

Banned
markot said:
Teemo has the best skins ^_^

while true, this just makes his gigantic head more noticeable

Blizzard said:
Whoa at that Caitlyn skin.
And who is the last skin, Katarina? I -almost- thought it was a female Nocturne. :p

I think you mean "whoa at the art for that caitlin skin!" :p
(its irelia)

n0b

Drkirby said:
You always talk about doing it, but I have never seen you actually pull it off in a game.
I've done it, but yeah it is kind of annoying because I usually win before I can get there.

Blizzard

Banned
He does look very strong though, like with the first blood kill. I anticipate his stun and the long-range lightning poke thing being very annoying.

Boken

Banned
Xerath seems intentionally designed for Dominion. Though this might lead to problems in SR. All that AOE damage and all that range.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Boken said:
Xerath seems intentionally designed for Dominion. Though this might lead to problems in SR. All that AOE damage and all that range.
He looks kind of crazy good in mid. He can help a team fight or gank from half way down the river.

I'm kinda new to this game. What exactly does the 7 rune-page bundle give me? Is that a good purchase to get all the runes out of the way while I unlock some heroes with IP? The idea of grinding out new runes everytime I want to change something kind of puts me off.

bjaelke

Holy f*** that Jax! Just wiped the floor with ~100 hp.

FieryBalrog said:
I'm kinda new to this game. What exactly does the 7 rune-page bundle give me? Is that a good purchase to get all the runes out of the way while I unlock some heroes with IP? The idea of grinding out new runes everytime I want to change something kind of puts me off.
If you're impatient, then go for it. You don't really need the runes until level 30, so if you're new to the game, I'd just wait some time. You can't get the best runes (tier 3) before level 20 anyway.

markot

Banned
FieryBalrog said:
Wait till you hit lvl 30 to bother with that stuff too much.

FieryBalrog said:

It only gives you pages, not Runes.

I bought the pack, if only for the flexibility of changing pages easily. Also, shintoki needs to play with GAF.

Margalis

Banned
FieryBalrog said:

A rune page is just a space to put a set of runes, not the runes themselves. You won't need more than 3 for a good while.

bjaelke

Wx makes me want to play Vayne. Such a strong carry.
markot said:
Why does Lol region lock?
Mostly it has to due with latency and the increased player base. You can change regions for a small cost. First change is (was?) free.

dimb

bjaelke said:
Wx makes me want to play Vayne. Such a strong carry.
Works best against bad team/lane comps. Not sure what CLG was thinking there.

bjaelke

I was thinking more about the first dragon fight. In the lane it was the setup from the Taric stun that allowed Vayne to get in position for a second stun.

sohois

CLG seemed to lack any focus fire in the team fights, plus they were really uncoordinated in general with people jumping in & out too much. They never really took advantage of the Galio ult in the final match because they were never in a position to, or it would come to late.

dimb

bjaelke said:
I was thinking more about the first dragon fight. In the lane it was the setup from the Taric stun that allowed Vayne to get in position for a second stun.
Any champion can do that kind of stuff if nobody even goes after them. The most impressive AD carry at IEM this week was probably Kog'maw. Showed up in a lot of games and carried hard almost every time. The combination of his range, damage, and utility are unrivaled.

Cheeto

Uchip said:
hes either OP as hell
or phreak is doing the usual clips from when hes more farmed than the opponents
He had like 8k gold worth of items at the 20 min mark at one point in that video. I wish I had games like that more often.

Anyone play as Xerath yet? I've been wanting him since I first read about him, and I might just buy him now if he doesn't suck. I've got 20,000 IP and only one champion I'm good at. I should probably learn another.

Wrekt

EskimoJoe said:
Anyone play as Xerath yet? I've been wanting him since I first read about him, and I might just buy him now if he doesn't suck. I've got 20,000 IP and only one champion I'm good at. I should probably learn another.

That is really, really weird. Which champ are you good at?

Wrekt said:
That is really, really weird. Which champ are you good at?

I'm good with Morgana. After getting all my runes, I never bought anything else. I'll occasionally try someone new, but never bought anyone. I guess I also have Kayle, but she was free, so...

Boken

Banned
EskimoJoe said:
I'm good with Morgana. After getting all my runes, I never bought anything else. I'll occasionally try someone new, but never bought anyone. I guess I also have Kayle, but she was free, so...
What do you think of Kennen and Lux?

Somebody almost picked Xerath in a ranked game. I was scared.
Myself? I'm not convinced by his skillset. He might have a strong laning phase, but otherwise his W becomes a little useless. So then he only has a few skills to be useful in a team fight? bleh

Reginald is playing him right now though. 3-7-3

bjaelke

iir2a.jpg

I really wish they'd do something about the chat. We had zero communication on our team - at least between me and the rest of the team.

Boken said:
What do you think of Kennen and Lux?

Somebody almost picked Xerath in a ranked game. I was scared.
Myself? I'm not convinced by his skillset. He might have a strong laning phase, but otherwise his W becomes a little useless. So then he only has a few skills to be useful in a team fight? bleh

Reginald is playing him right now though. 3-7-3

I haven't played either, but I bet the bullet and bought him anyway. It's no loss if he sucks, because I'm not using that IP anyway. I just played a bot game to familiarize myself with his skills. Granted, bots are a terrible way to judge, but so far I really like him. Time to play some real games.

I thought the W would be useless outside of laning too, but it's so quick to toggle on that it makes it really easy to snipe kills that are about to get away. The added range is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom