• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
I have to watch it at 480p. So yes, I guess?

EDIT: While its a shame we dont have spectator mode yet, I have to say, the spectator UI is very intelligently designed.

in dom, people need to stop going to top if there's 3 enemy players there. Honestly, is it that hard to comprehend that backdooring their mid will force them to leave so that other can take top or bot?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
les papillons sexuels said:
in dom, people need to stop going to top if there's 3 enemy players there. Honestly, is it that hard to comprehend that backdooring their mid will force them to leave so that other can take top or bot?
B-b-b-b-b-but it's close to their spawn D:<

Yeah, idiots. I've had people yell at me asking why I went mid/bot instead of top.

IT'S CAUSE YOU FUCKERS CAN'T BREAK THROUGH THEIR DEFENSE.

Which reminds me...

Mothman, I apologize, but if you are going Shaco in Dominion, I hope to God you go AP and spam boxes all over that top turret.

I facepalmed so hard when we were 10 minutes in and I realized what you were doing.

Rayven

aka surume
Boken said:
I have to watch it at 480p. So yes, I guess?

EDIT: While its a shame we dont have spectator mode yet, I have to say, the spectator UI is very intelligently designed.
:) comments/crits?

Boken

Banned
Rayven said:
:) comments/crits?
If I understand correctly, you had a hand in designing it, eh?

I like that everything important is readily available - summoners, ultimates, items (item CDs show too, nice touch - even if items arent that important).

What I'd like though - total gold per champion.

Secondary wants:

- dragon/baron timers on a toggle.

- How above an Info button with the champion vital stats (the one in the bottom left corner) that opens the champion information panel (showing the champion's skill descriptions, their archetype, etc) - to ease in new players. (This is assuming players can freely spectate at some point)

- show skill cooldowns beneath a champion's floating hp bar - lets you judge the pace of a team fight a lot more easily. Have it on a toggle - clutter concerns???

Other Notes: I like that Phreak tries to explain the game at the start of the match for newer players, but I think that having illustrated diagrams or annotated game images in combination with Phreak's explanation is better than having the viewers watch him talk.
- I also know it isn't possible right now, but I'd like to see timers above wards without having to click on them!

bjaelke

Boken said:
What I'd like though - total gold per champion.
You can access this information by clicking on the "sack" icon above the champion items. They showed it in the last game between CLG and Goose.

Edit: Ah, they just did it again
KuGsj.gif

I dig the spectator UI, Rayven. Lots and lots of info, easily accessible. Can we have charts generated in real time like the ones we get at end game?

Also, are there pro-games that feature Jarvan? I want to see a pro-Jarvan. :(

Edit: TSM ate that team alive :x

Nome

Archie said:
Flash is a cancer. Nearly every big play I've seen today has been nullified by that one skill.
From a design standpoint I have very little problem with Flash or Ignite (both of which seem to be complained about a lot). I do have a MASSIVE problem with Clairvoyance.

red13th

Nome said:
From a design standpoint I have very little problem with Flash or Ignite (both of which seem to be complained about a lot). I do have a MASSIVE problem with Clairvoyance.

I wonder why they made CV's cooldown so freaking low.
But I think Morello said they were reworking CV.

IsayFever

FlightOfHeaven said:
I dig the spectator UI, Rayven. Lots and lots of info, easily accessible. Can we have charts generated in real time like the ones we get at end game?

Also, are there pro-games that feature Jarvan? I want to see a pro-Jarvan. :(

Edit: TSM ate that team alive :x

Flash makes Jarvan non-viable

bjaelke

red_13th said:
A lot of the summoner spells seems to be getting changes in the future. Ignite is likewise getting reworked and flash is possibly getting removed soon™.

Haly

IsayFever said:
Jarven is a dedicated Flash counter by making people use up their Flash.
Fixed!

(And only semi joking)

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Nome said:

I dislike the concept of summoner spells in general, but I hold exceptional ire for Flash. Granted, outright removing it would probably make the game even more passive.

And I agree, CV is too good. It probably doesn't need a global range but a large radius ala Panth/TF ults post nerf.

IsayFever said:
Flash makes Jarvan non-viable

Hahahaha, NO

Pop 'em up, fight, isolate them

Then Cataclyms.

Flash? HA, by that time, your Standard-Spear combo is up again, so chase them anyways.

You should also have Flash and a slow on you, so they shouldn't be able to get away anyways.

Ark

Archie said:
Socially awkward nerds.

It would just be decent if some of them worked out how to speak more than one sentence and could actually change the tone of their voice mid conversation.

Nome

Archie said:
I dislike the concept of summoner spells in general, but I hold exceptional ire for Flash. Granted, outright removing it would probably make the game even more passive.

And I agree, CV is too good. It probably doesn't need a global range but a large radius ala Panth/TF ults post nerf.
I think Flash would have a lot of its problems solved if they just disallowed you from flashing past walls. Removing it probably isn't an option at this point since there are champs that are dependent on it (Fiddle, Annie, etc).

Also, Clairvoyance is just awful design. The core problem with it is that it's risk-free scouting. Placing a Ward forces you to be somewhere, whereas Clairvoyance you can cast from anywhere. It should just be outright removed.

Haly

The solution is clear, bring back old Clairvoyance.

Haly

FutureZombie said:
Without flash the game would be too dominated by melee characters with a good initiate. Too many casters don't have an escape without flash.
But melee characters also have Flash.

Halycon said:
But melee characters also have Flash.

But flash can save you by allowing you to get back in range of your turret or team if you're attacked in a bad spot. Then (most of the time) flash has saved your life, regardless of whether the enemy also flashes.

Blizzard

Banned
Third day in a row, I get invited to a lobby, game starts, I'm instantly replaced by someone else and left in a lobby by myself. The only thing the rest of the team can do is queue dodge from the champion select screen and take the 5-minute penalty while I restart the client.

Side note, does queue dodging from the champion select screen count as a dodge/leave/loss/whatever?

Blizzard said:
Third day in a row, I get invited to a lobby, game starts, I'm instantly replaced by someone else and left in a lobby by myself. The only thing the rest of the team can do is queue dodge from the champion select screen and take the 5-minute penalty while I restart the client.

Side note, does queue dodging from the champion select screen count as a dodge/leave/loss/whatever?

Happening to my friends and I a lot lately.

Somax

Blizzard said:

Only in ranked games, as far as I know. And it counts as both a loss and a leave.

LCGeek

formerly sane
FutureZombie said:
Without flash the game would be too dominated by melee characters with a good initiate. Too many casters don't have an escape without flash.

No it wouldn't. People make bs arguments about what flash would do if it wasn't in the state it is, while 2 other big games in the genre do fine. Make flash an item or put limits on it like blink and portal key do, which I have no clue why they didn't besides this whole lets make the genre more casual business.

Riot in this area screwed up big and has few options left on balancing it out before it get worse. Melee characters are broke in general as most if not all the top tanks and bruisers have too much ms or gap closing which is something the other two games don't share. Riot wants to fix the problem maybe they should encourage the base to learn positioning and awareness instead of ez mode tactics that create problems like these. You mentioned the problem and rather than redesign the melee base to be more traditional they go away from it increasing the problem.

Blizzard if you wish to dodge right, instead of hitting play now choose the other choice dodge and no penalty. If you're in the selection screen you will take the penalty queue penalty and be prevented from making a game until it's gone. You only take a loss and rank when you do it in ranked elo situations.

Blizzard

Banned
Well after about 5 solo queue lobbies in a row had someone queue dodge, I finally got into a game...only to end up with 2 leavers on our team, and someone connecting and disconnecting on the other team. Is there a full moon or something?

leavers_1bjbl.png

Even 3v5 we sadly had more kills, and I think 2-3 turrets killed. My final death was me getting malz down to like 100 HP as they were about to kill the nexus, but sadly like 2 of his teammates killed me before I could finish him off.

Oh, and the Ezreal asked for mid and then refused to leash the blue golem, so I had very little jungling going on, especially once Kayle left and I just kind of sat in the lane against Ryze and Vayne. I didn't see a lot I could do against them. I finally mostly gave up and killed some jungle stuff.

Nome

red_13th said:
If I had to grasp at the reasoning, it'd be to reduce the negative impact that spending so much money on Wards causes. Having more vision in general will reduce the amount of action in a game (difficult to foresee ganks), but having too little will also do the same (players end up playing too passively). DotA decided that fooling players was the best way to handle vision oversaturation (Smoke of Deceit), but that's obviously not a very streamlined (or fun) solution because it makes Wards unreliable and adds a really specific exception to an already complex vision system. Having a low CD on Clairvoyance also means that your team can operate with a single one; you'd definitely want to make sure that teams don't pick up more than two of them, especially when there are much more dynamic, potentially offensive options available.

The core problem with summoner abilities though, is that champions are balanced around them, which makes tweaking them very difficult. A secondary problem is how extremely LONG some of the cooldowns are; what you find in the MOBA genre is that in almost every case, good players will wait until all their cooldowns are up before engaging in a major battle. This leads to passive play.

red_13th said:
Stream is now showing Rivington! Yey.
Dammit. I just got online so I missed this :(

What's the jtv account used for these streams? Hopefully they have archived vids. If anyone could help me out...

LCGeek said:
No it wouldn't. People make bs arguments about what flash would do if it wasn't in the state it is, while 2 other big games in the genre do fine.

Riot in this area screwed up big and has few options left on balancing it out before it get worse. Melee characters are broke in general as most if not all the top tanks and bruisers have too much ms or gap closing which is something the other two games don't share

Thanks for proving my point.

Haly

Well, if you look at it that way, Flash becomes a stopgap solution to melee having too much mobility. As long as Flash exists, they will continue making these kinds of melee champs just to put them on even footing with ranged champs with Flash, which will make it harder for them to remove/tweak Flash, resulting in a vicious feedback loop.

Blizzard

Banned
Legato.Reborn- said:
With Shurelia gone, maybe Flash will finally be removed.

haha fat chance
Wait, what happened to Shurelia? *edit* Oh, apparently it was a person at Riot rather than that reverie crown item I was thinking of. =P

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
0vNsK.jpg

This game gave me an ulcer. I went 1-8 and was raging before turning things around. Thankfully, their Garen was pretty dumb.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Archie said:
0vNsK.jpg

This game gave me an ulcer. I went 1-8 and was raging before turning things around. Thankfully, their Garen was pretty dumb.

Your kennen seems useless in a situation like that especially with a lee sin and you being soraka no reason he should be that fail.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
LCGeek said:
Your kennen seems useless in a situation like that especially with a lee sin and you being soraka no reason he should be that fail.

ehhh, he was the only thing that prevented us from having a 20 min concede. Both bot and top lane got stomped and he was able to kill Kat about 3 times mid.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Archie said:
ehhh, he was the only thing that prevented us from having a 20 min concede. Both bot and top lane got stomped and he was able to kill Kat about 3 times mid.

I read you're picture wrong. Considering scores and what you said seems like a comeback was inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom