• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Ark said:
I'm not on my Mac partition.

The Karthus ult is a prime of example of how broken LoL balance is.
Soraka's ulti cancels out Karthus' ulti. Epik new that and picked both champions at the same time.

Also, I am on Mac hardware and I've never had the issue.

I used to play primarily on my Mac partition, too, until I've started using the PC partition recently.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
red_13th said:
Can Riot please fire Phreak, his commentary is so annoying and he's a terrible person overall. At least don't make him a commentator. Does anyone remember that first LoL tournament CLG won when he constantly belittled and made fun of the German guys. He would ask the camera to film the faces of the Germans when they lost teamfights and those kind of needless stuff.
I would mute the stream but then I'd be missing Rivington which I most certainly do not want to miss.
Dear god yes. He is like a fucking 7 year old. And if he is the one controlling the camera too, he needed to be gone months ago after I saw one of the tournament. He would go off on this stupid rant about the two middle characters just passively farming, while there was action below and above... you even see it on the mini map, and he is just talking about the two. And after they die, he asks something like "Guess there was fighting".

Talk about no map awareness.

Ferga

woo 6 wins and 1 loss for my solo queue

Going for that platinum this season. Hopefully the decline in wins don't come any time soon

Rayven

aka surume
FlightOfHeaven said:
Yo, Rayven, include a Dragon counter for the spectator mode, showing how many dragons have been killed by each team.
We're considering it. Even though the info is baked into the team gold numbers, it's an important sub-story.

Epik's late game is hilarious in this game 1. Everyone is so fed.

I've completed my rune page for AP and am now working on an AD page. I only need seals. I was thinking of buying the .75% dodge instead of the 1.41 armor. Dodge seems like a good stat, but if that's true, why do I so rarely see anyone using the boots that give 12% dodge?

Should I go armor seals or dodge?

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
Never played a DotA game before, tried this yesterday... what a blast! it's really addictive.
If anyone on EU West wants to play with me, my nick is NanairoPuppeteer. Be warned I'm just a noob. Will be online early at night probably.

FutureZombie said:
I've completed my rune page for AP and am now working on an AD page. I only need seals. I was thinking of buying the .75% dodge instead of the 1.41 armor. Dodge seems like a good stat, but if that's true, why do I so rarely see anyone using the boots that give 12% dodge?
Should I go armor seals or dodge?

People more knowledgable than I can explain it better, but armor defense is simply more reliable. That, and the Tenacity from Merc treads is simply a lot better for resisting CC effects.

DKnight said:
Never played a DotA game before, tried this yesterday... what a blast! it's really addictive.
If anyone on EU West wants to play with me, my nick is NanairoPuppeteer. Be warned I'm just a noob. Will be online early at night probably.

Welcome! :) Ask questions, we're here to help.

Ferga

wow epik was completely dominated in the second round

hopefully round 3 will be alot more exciting with a few comeback fights

Umm, Heimer banned? Morgana/Trundle/Vayne/Akali/Sona with no tank?

what the hell

--Edit

Lee Sin kicks Akali out of her shroud and chases her mid air with his Q

That looked so damn cool

red13th

Did it get superlaggy or is it just me?

Rayven said:
Glad you like it. Thoughts on missing data or presentation?

I think it's looking pretty good, but we still haven't had the chance to actually play with it to properly assess.
Visually it seems pretty much spot on.

FlightOfHeaven said:
People more knowledgable than I can explain it better, but armor defense is simply more reliable. That, and the Tenacity from Merc treads is simply a lot better for resisting CC effects.

That makes sense because dodge isn't reliable since it's just a chance to dodge, and it doesn't work on anything except auto attack. At the same time, armor is easy to come by and 12 armor late game isn't anything, whereas the dodge doesn't have the diminishing returns. And, dodging just one attack could prevent 200 damage each time. But I guess everyone has taken all of that into account already.

I could also go with .43 AD which is somewhat tempting since there are not diminishing returns with AD and I like playing as Garen.

Ferga

Dayum that chase on Scarra's akali was too good.

A Q to stop mf's passive then all those dives in the jungle

I was just amazed at the route he took

Hero

FutureZombie said:
That makes sense because dodge isn't reliable since it's just a chance to dodge, and it doesn't work on anything except auto attack. At the same time, armor is easy to come by and 12 armor late game isn't anything, whereas the dodge doesn't have the diminishing returns. And, dodging just one attack could prevent 200 damage each time. But I guess everyone has taken all of that into account already.

I could also go with .43 AD which is somewhat tempting since there are not diminishing returns with AD and I like playing as Garen.

This is not completely accurate. Dodge allows you to dodge proc-on-hit effects as well.

Inskipp

Hero said:
This is not completely accurate. Dodge allows you to dodge proc-on-hit effects as well.
No it doesn't. During season 1, they made pretty much every autoattack-proc (Siphoning strike, pick a card etc)undodgeable.

Dooraven

You guys really need to post more on the IPL/MLG Threads ><, need to balance out the complete Starcraft domination on those threads ><

Here's my nightmare scenario. I pick Morgana and go mid, only to be against Katarina. She scares the hell out of me. Any tips?

I had this happen last night. I felt terrible. I didnt feed her or anything, but she got a few kills, and eventually just became this unstoppable monster. I felt like it was my fault we lost. Then she ended the game with "gg nubs" :(

bjaelke

Chinese LoL art is superior to the original.

lBnaH.jpg

EskimoJoe said:
Here's my nightmare scenario. I pick Morgana and go mid, only to be against Katarina. She scares the hell out of me. Any tips?

I had this happen last night. I felt terrible. I didnt feed her or anything, but she got a few kills, and eventually just became this unstoppable monster. I felt like it was my fault we lost. Then she ended the game with "gg nubs" :(
Stay behind minions and farm with Tormented Soil. If she starts to glow (Killer Instinct), you have to be ready with Black Shield to mitigate the damage from either her Shunpo or Bouncing Blade. If she jumps you with Shunpo, you should be able to catch her with Dark Binding and let the minions and tower take her down. If you use a potion, you might have to activate the Black Shield, so she can't affect your healing process. The same goes for her passive.

Blizzard

Banned
Kogmaw seems hard to combat mid. I think I was playing either Annie or Caitlyn, and it seems that if you get within range, he is able to autoattack you once or twice and then drop an ult. And my reflexes are so bad that even if I move quickly with level 2 shoes, I typically get hit by the ult.

Once he pushes you to the tower, he can then take the tower down with his W while being out of range, it seems like, and can ult you if you hide behind the tower without the tower attacking him at all.

Another person who seems not fun to play against is Xilean. If anything is anti-fun, I feel like the bombs are, if only because of how they work. I know several champions may have unavoidable seeking attacks where if you are within range, you get hit. But with Xilean, every 5 seconds or so he can use the bomb. I tried to attack with Caitlyn and run, but apparently Caitlyn's max range is the same as the bomb's max range, so each time you are within range, you are tagged with the bomb for 150-300 damage. Within the next 3-5 seconds it will do it again if you are anywhere within range. If you are not within range, he will move forwards while your minions ignore him and then bomb you behind the minions. The bomb has no sound effect and no way to block it or escape it at all, unless say, Sivir's spell shield absorbs the explosion?

At any rate, the long range, very short cooldown, complete lack of a sound effect, AOE damage, and feeling of despair and hopelessness because it is unavoidable make it a frustrating ability to me.

bjaelke

Inskipp said:
Am I the only one who prefers the western splash art over the chinese- counter parts?
If that was the case, then the Chinese art would probably be in the Western client. I was just referring to that Irelia art. Some of the other splash images are rubbish.

Inskipp

bjaelke said:
then the Chinese art would probably be in the Western client.
I haven't seen any, which ones are you referring to?
bjaelke said:
Some of the other splash images are rubbish.
I agree that the pre-season 1 splashes we're pretty mediocre(Anivia and the old Morgana being the biggest offenders), but I think after season 1 they've really stepped the ante up. Especially the splash arts done by Kienan Lafferty(He re-did Janna and Twisted Fate, to name a few) look very nice imo.

JWong

Banned
Dominion is making the LoL community behave better. I haven't played a game where the team blames each other, or if there are rage quits, etc.

Everyone GGs, even me on a losing game, because the design removes all reasons to be frustrated.

Inskipp

Dominion is making the LoL community behave better. I haven't played a game where the team blames each other, or if there are rage quits, etc.
I partially agree on the behaviour (you get the occasional smack-talk but w/e) too but for some reason I've been getting people who frequently disconnect at the start or in the middle of a game. Almost every second game somebody DC's. Not sure if it's just coincidence, but it's been going on for a solid two weeks on my part.

JWong said:

Everyone GGs, even me on a losing game, because the design removes all reasons to be frustrated.

It's because Dominion is easy to grasp and hard to fuck up.

So, while most of the time people are more civil, when someone fucks up, EVERYONE on the team lets out.

I know I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom