• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Champs you own and play all the time

Galio
Amumu
Lux
Annie
Kog Maw
Nasus
Swain (lately)

Champs you USED to play all the time but don't touch anymore
Urgot
Kassadin

Your champs that are collecting dust

Alistar
Anivia
Ashe
Ezreal
Fiddledicks
The Plank
Irelia
Master Yi
Nunu
Orianna
Poppy
Rumble
Ryze
Shen
Singed
Sion
Sivir
Soraka
Taric
Teemo
Tristana
Veigar

Champs you want bad

Gragas - He looks silly
Miss Fortune - Was fun when I played her in the free week

Champs that you hate (for whatever reason)

Morgana - Fucking spell shield fuck fuck fuck
Mundo when nobody has ignite
TF and his bullshit teleport

Kozak

Banned

Brand
Maokai
Ashe
Caitlyn
Gangplank
Nunu
Lux

Most of them.

Champs you want bad

None

Ezreal cause I suck at him so bad.

Fiddle

Ryze
Anivia
Panth

Champs you want bad

Malz
xerath

Trynd god damn ulti
Nasus easy mode

Fiddlesticks
Rumble
Master Yi
Tryndamere
Nocturne
Annie
Rammus
Gangplank
Xin Zhao
Pantheon
Renekton
Vladimir
Malzahar
Jarvan IV

Sona
Janna
Soraka
Jax
Evelynn
Kayle
Akali
Alistar
Lux
Miss Fortune
Shen
Teemo

Champs you want bad

Cassiopeia
Talon

Morgana
Janna
Soraka
Amumu
Poppy

Veigar
Garen
Singed

Soraka
Amumu
Kayle
Tristana
Alistar (never even played him)

Champs you want bad

Kog'Maw

I don't think stealth should be in this game (or really any multiplayer game where not everyone has that ability).

Blizzard

Banned
Has anyone ever seen a bug where the champion stops receiving input every few minutes? A friend says that they tried resetting their router and it didn't fix it. If the champion was attacking a tower, they will keep doing so, and if they were standing still, they will keep standing etc. I thought at first it could be like the really bad lag I got a few games ago, but I'm not sure...any ideas?

*edit*

Caitlyn, Gangplank, Warwick

Ashe, Fiddlesticks, Soraka, Kayle, Tristana, Alistar, Cho, Vayne, Olaf, Malphite, probably several others

Champs you want bad

Kog'Maw, Talon, Riven, Xerath

Xilean with the annoying revive ult, and the complete silent bombs that cannot be avoided if you're in range (barring shields)

Karthus with the global ult

Udyr and Jax with their stun/hump/attack stuff combined with being really hard to kill

Fighting Leblanc and Kog'maw because of range or burst

BJK

Tristana, Teemo, Caitlyn, Zilean, Taric

The rest of the CE champs, plus Ashe

Champs you want bad

Riven, Garen, Gangplank, Vladimir (haven't tried him yet), Sona (ditto), Lux (3-for-3)

Garen, Fiddlesticks, Nocturne, Cho'Gath (when fed), Shaco

Ark

Hydranockz said:
I'm in the Western Europe server sadly :p

Even better! You can add me 'TheConcierge' if you want :p

Heroes you own and play all the time

Irelia, Taric, Xerath

Your heroes that are collecting dust

Caitlyn, Ashe

Champs you want bad

Gangplank, Alistar (gunna try him out tonight), Sona (same again)

Yi. I hate seeing people play master Yi because there are much better choices available.

bjaelke

This is on my EU account:

Alistar
Cho'gath
Ezreal
Singed
Soraka

Annie
Ashe
Evelynn
Garen
Jax
Kayle
Master Yi
Nunu
Poppy
Ryze
Sivir
Teemo
Tristana
Twitch
Warwick

Champs you want bad

Cassiopeia (I went 9-1 during the free week with her)
Trundle

Skarner (he's useless)
Yorick (stupid clones + great lane harass)

IsayFever said:
Probably wanna finish the RoA before the FoN and possibly before the merc treads depending on farming power. Rhylais is a must too, poisons proc the slow
I'm not a fan of Rhylais on Singed. I mean why would you want to outrun your opponents? It's about making them think they can kill you while running through the poison. If they ever get you down to 1/3 of your hp, you can always drop a Mega Adhesive to gain some distance.

My build looks like this:
Mercury's Threads
Rod of Ages
Force of Nature
Banshee's Veil
Abyssal Scepter
Frozen Heart

IsayFever

C7xA3.jpg

Gaffers gaffing

Ferga

Alistar
Jarvan
Gragas
Lee Sin
Yorick
Poppy
Amumu
Xerath
Pantheon
Riven
Nasus
Cho gath

Trydamere
Veigar
Swain - Should pick him up again but eh
Rammus
Kayle
Nunu
Oriannaa
Nocturne
Leona
Eve
Rumble
Ryze
Mundo
Skarner
Taric
Talon
Vayne
Wukong
Warwick
Tristana
Xin zhao

Champs you want bad

Trundle
Lux

Twitch. They are either so bad that they become useless for the entire game (my team) or they are so good not even a 500 armour rammus can tank him (their team)
Shaco. STOP MESSING WITH MY JUNGLE YOU JESTER
Sion. Dat stun.
Sivir. I just know i'm losing

Inskipp

Jarman
Lee Singer
Skarner
Caitlyn
Yorick
Pantheon
Master Yi
Poppy
Irelia

Champs that are collecting dust

Mundo
Twisted Fate
Kassadin
Zilean
Ashe
Vayne
Annie
Brand
Shen
Orianna
Gragas
Amumu
Akali
Warwick
Garen
Corki
Kog'Maw
Ezreal
Kunkka
Jax
Xin Zhao
Miss Fortune
Olaf
Mordekaiser
Soraka

Champs you want bad

Maokai - Fun kit, good ganker

Karthus - His passive just makes him gross in teamfights.

bjaelke said:
I'm not a fan of Rhylais on Singed. I mean why would you want to outrun your opponents? It's about making them think they can kill you while running through the poison. If they ever get you down to 1/3 of your hp, you can always drop a Mega Adhesive to gain some distance.

My build looks like this:
Mercury's Threads
Rod of Ages
Force of Nature
Banshee's Veil
Abyssal Scepter
Frozen Heart

FoN, BV, and AS is an overkill on magic resist. You only need two of those items since the additional magic resist from the third item will probably only equate to like 2% reduction on damage. Warmog's would be a better choice if you aren't a fan of Rhylai's.

bjaelke

FutureZombie said:
FoN, BV, and AS is an overkill on magic resist. You only need two of those items since the additional magic resist from the third item will probably only equate to like 2% reduction on damage. Warmog's would be a better choice if you aren't a fan of Rhylai's.
I run armor/health runes, so it's just to boost my effective hp. I should say, that I only run Banshee's Veil if the enemy team has a lot of disablers.

Nome

FutureZombie said:
Magic Resist and Armor don't have diminishing returns. Each additional point is just as good as the last.

52club

Last night in a ranked match I parcipated/contributed in my first Penta-Kill I've ever seen (ranked, non-ranked or dominion). I actually played a big role as Kayle. GP got the Penta-Kill thanks to me granting invincibility (right before he was going to die) and speed/health buff to him late in his Ult. He went from double kill to penta after my contribution. It was pretty cool.

It is interesting, every match I'm literally get yelled out during the selectin process when I go Kayle. Then when I say I'm going tank/support people get even more irrate, but in ranked matches my play late in the game has been huge. She seems like she is a little underrated at this point, but maybe it is just the low to mid elo I'm at.

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
Surprising to see some decent rivens this week. <3 Riven.
I got a quadra kill with her...in a beginner bot game. I really feel like she isn't good, but I like the idea of a bunch of abilities that happen when you mash buttons.

Wrekt

52club said:
It is interesting, every match I'm literally get yelled out during the selectin process when I go Kayle. Then when I say I'm going tank/support people get even more irrate, but in ranked matches my play late in the game has been huge. She seems like she is a little underrated at this point, but maybe it is just the low to mid elo I'm at.
People read a tier listing created by 1 guy and decide it's the end-all be-all of champ selection. There are certain match-ups where I'd want a Kayle over one of the "better" support characters.

Ferrio

Banned
Blizzard said:
I got a quadra kill with her...in a beginner bot game. I really feel like she isn't good, but I like the idea of a bunch of abilities that happen when you mash buttons.

Ever since the buff I've never had issue wracking up kills with her. Long as you got a solid build, and do mash like an idiot she's a good AD.

Opiate

I don't typically play ranked games, but I've started being occassionally matched against well known professional players in normal matches (BruiseLeet, Xpecial, sxssp), so I assume my hidden rating is getting quite high. It's also possible that the rank reset is entirely to blame for this -- although these games were all over last weekend, and not in the first week or two of season 2 where everyone's rating was shifting around. I have thus far lost every single match when paired up against such people.

Wrekt

Opiate said:
I don't typically play ranked games, but I've started being occassionally matched against well known professional players in normal matches (BruiseLeet, Xpecial, sxssp), so I assume my hidden rating is getting quite high. It's also possible that the rank reset is entirely to blame for this -- although these games were all over last weekend, and not in the first week or two of season 2 where everyone's rating was shifting around. I have thus far lost every single match when paired up against such people.
I got matched against Dan Dinh in Dominion about a week or two back. We won pretty handily but we had a group of 4 on vent and I'm assuming he just got lumped into a pug.

IsayFever

Wrekt said:
People read a tier listing created by 1 guy and decide it's the end-all be-all of champ selection. There are certain match-ups where I'd want a Kayle over one of the "better" support characters.

Which is odd because Kayle should be top tier currently. Dyrus was like the highest ranked player in the world as Kayle at the start of pre-season 2

Ark

5UEUX.png

Double success!

First game since the Riven patch that I've won against a Shaco, and my first game playing with the new Infiltrator Irelia skin (which is frickin' amazing btw) <3

GP
Tryndamere
Evelynn
Caitlyn
Garen
Cho'Gath
Malzahar
Vayne
Sion

Champs you USED to play all the time but don't touch anymore
Kassadin
Ash
Katarina
Nocturne
Yi
Rammus
Shen
Teemo
WW
Janna

Brand
Jarvan
Xin
Lux
Ezreal
Kayle
Miss Fortune
Leona
Riven
Nidalee
Sivir
Tristana
Twisted Fate
Twitch
Vlad

Champs you want bad

Galio
Kag'mow

Tryndamere (Jesus mode)
Zilean (Jesus mode)
Kassadin (hard to catch)
EZ (hard to catch)
Teemo (hard to catch)
Nidalee (hard to catch)
Twitch (snowballer)
LeBlanc (snowballer)
Jax (snowballer)
Akali (snowballer)
Fiddlesticks

Champs that you USED to hate but was nerfed
Twisted Fate
Pantheon
Yorick
Soraka
Sona
Taric
Orinna

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Who do I like to play
Janna
Lux

Who do I own and don't like to play
Some 44 others

Who do I hate?
Aki is the closest. Most lanes have a counter or weakness, she really doesn't. I said it a long time ago, Shadow Shroud is bullshit.

LOOK AT THIS TEAM.

HOW DID WE WIN???

lolhowdidwewin.png

Skarner died twice at the start jungling. He was level 3 when we were level 8.

We were down by like 5 kills at the start.

HOW???

Blizzard

Banned
Mister Wilhelm said:
LOOK AT THIS TEAM.

HOW DID WE WIN???

Skarner died twice at the start jungling. He was level 3 when we were level 8.

We were down by like 5 kills at the start.

HOW???
The easy answer is that the other team was terrible, as judging from their three 0/8 or 1/8 people. I feel sorry for Annie. :(

Opiate said:

I don't always play Normal games, but when I do, I play against professionals.

In all seriousness, are you in solo queue?

And if you are, join the community!

broz0rs

As much as I like this thread, every damn page would have screenshots of some roflstomping kill scores followed by a description of how well they played that game or how epic the game was. After awhile, it's just redundant and annoying because the screenie takes up so much space and I'd have to scroll more to read the next post. lol

Blizzard

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
I'm terrible as both Annie and Akali, despite both of them being "Easy mode" :(

Maybe I need to try again?
I had the same thing with Annie, and then I think I started doing well with her, and then I tried her in a few games recently and didn't do great.

My main piece of advice is not to play mid against kogmaw.

Neki

broz0rs said:
As much as I like this thread, every damn page would have screenshots of some roflstomping kill scores followed by a description of how well they played that game or how epic the game was. After awhile, it's just redundant and annoying because the screenie takes up so much space and I'd have to scroll more to read the next post. lol
we can talk about how competitive league is if you want.

Hey, I'm looking to play a bit of this in advance of dota 2 coming, seeing as how i'll try any valve game, but I don't want to come in completely terrible. Gonna try for a warm-up in LoL. Is there a character which deals a high amount of damage over time, preferably with high mobility? Like a disease necromancer, or light armor poison archer or something like that. I've never really played this style of game before, but I played a ton of wc3 back in the day so I won't be completely helpless.

I dunno, I like looking at the different builds GAFfers use, it gives me ideas. It also lets me know what to avoid.

P.S. Electrastar is trying to become an official GAFfer by joining the forums. Someone give her a helping hand!

P.P.S. Who do I contact to get my name changed? I want my LoL username and GAF username to match (SouthernDragon).

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
theinfinityissue said:
Hey, I'm looking to play a bit of this in advance of dota 2 coming, seeing as how i'll try any valve game, but I don't want to come in completely terrible. Gonna try for a warm-up in LoL. Is there a character which deals a high amount of damage over time, preferably with high mobility? Like a disease necromancer, or light armor poison archer or something like that. I've never really played this style of game before, but I played a ton of wc3 back in the day so I won't be completely helpless.

Singed. He is a bald drunk instead of a necromancer, though.

theinfinityissue said:

Singed for high armor, high mobility low damage poison tank (easy mode)

Cassiopeia for kiting, high damage poison mage (hard mode)

Achtius

SecondEz.png

Second time Ez. So fun. I am so buying him when the weeks end and when I have enough IP.

My first time was 7/7/2 in a team where Rammus have a Spirit Visage and tread, and Vayne that have a damage item at 30 minute mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom