• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Achtius said:
Second time Ez. So fun. I am so buying him when the weeks end and when I have enough IP.

My first time was 7/7/2 in a team where Rammus have a Spirit Visage and tread, and Vayne that have a damage item at 30 minute mark.
I thought you said you hated Lux and EZ because you couldn't do skill shots...

(are you smart casting at all or did you just become an expert)

Achtius

Blizzard said:
I thought you said you hated Lux and EZ because you couldn't do skill shots...

(are you smart casting at all or did you just become an expert)

Ez's skillshot is so spammy that missing 1 or 2 wont' kill me :D

theinfinityissue said:
Hey, I'm looking to play a bit of this in advance of dota 2 coming, seeing as how i'll try any valve game, but I don't want to come in completely terrible. Gonna try for a warm-up in LoL. Is there a character which deals a high amount of damage over time, preferably with high mobility? Like a disease necromancer, or light armor poison archer or something like that. I've never really played this style of game before, but I played a ton of wc3 back in the day so I won't be completely helpless.
i suggest you to play HoN, because it's exatly like dota2. LoL is way too different from any other dota colones.

IsayFever

Ark said:
I'm curious, why Warmog's on Irelia so early?

I don't get it early :< I normally open with Philo Stone -> Phage -> merc or ninja tabi -> trinity -> atma's impaler -> something else depends on enemy team -> warmogs

I've just been fortunate to get a TON of gold due to farming and getting kills so it all builds quickly

Oh you were talking about the game Achtius posted -> It was over for awhile so I just bought it at the end

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You have teammates to slow for you: Sheen
You don't have teammates to slow for you: Phage

Haly

So with Shurelia gone, no one is working on Karma anymore?

Moody am cry.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I am really warming up to Skarner, but I really wish his jungle was better. His mana costs are kind of absurd, so he's super blue reliant and kind of slow. Fun to play but just not really a very consistent champ since his jungle can be shut down so easily because he's garbage in one versus one fights. Want to try and take top with him a few times this week and see how that goes.

Blizzard

Banned
FutureZombie said:
Getting people to buy pink wards in solo queue is like pulling teeth. An Akali will kill some idiot 10 times and he will refuse to buy wards.
Even NON-pink wards are this way. I was in a game with 2 other GAF people and 2 randoms, and unless I just missed it, I was the only one (as a Rammus with not much gold) buying wards all game. I probably bought 5-7 total by the end.

Blizzard said:
Even NON-pink wards are this way. I was in a game with 2 other GAF people and 2 randoms, and unless I just missed it, I was the only one (as a Rammus with not much gold) buying wards all game. I probably bought 5-7 total by the end.

It's always a good sign when I'm in solo and I'm the only one buying wards all game (as the AD carry).

Jenga

Banned
never trust fucking anybody at 1200 elo

went to 1350 somethin, lost 4 games cons because of loser junglers or people who can't play garen

people who CAN'T PLAY GAREN

oh god rescue me from elo hell

dimb

Played Ez for the first time in a few months, probably only ever played one game with him ever before. Just rolled over people in Dominion, 13 minute game and went 9/2/7. It was just stupid. I was even rolling with promote as a joke. What a poorly balanced game type.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Jenga said:

went to 1350 somethin, lost 4 games cons because of loser junglers or people who can't play garen

I don't bother with ranked anymore for that reason. I've been in normals where people show more knowledge than I find in ranked. Nothing against people that like it but if I want to make a name of myself I will join a team and work up the way I did in fps or rts games.

It's not any better higher. I shared an account with some in the 1600-1800 ranage last season. Some people get in to high elos through grinding and luck and often make the rest of their team pick up the slack. I doubt unless you're in the highest tier you will avoid them like that because still happens just far less. Bad junglers are the worst especially since they screw up the jungle and whatever lanes need assistance.

I get the overall gist of what's supposed to happen, and i guess i'll run the tutorial or w/e, but man am i reluctant to dip into the notorious lol community. People are going to get so pissed at me while I figure out how to play.

Jenga

Banned
LCGeek said:
I don't bother with ranked anymore for that reason. I've been in normals where people show more knowledge than I find in ranked. Nothing against people that like it but if I want to make a name of myself I will join a team and work up the way I did in fps or rts games.

It's not any better higher. I shared an account with some in the 1600-1800 ranage last season. Some people get in to high elos through grinding and luck and often make the rest of their team pick up the slack. I doubt unless you're in the highest tier you will avoid them like that because still happens just far less. Bad junglers are the worst especially since they screw up the jungle and whatever lanes need assistance.
the worst thing about a bad jungle is when you only last hit and let nasus push you to tower but they never gank

and a nasus that never gets ganked is gg

markot

Banned
Im too lazy to search for the things I want in the shop so I always go for 'recommended' >.< This goes for Hon too....

Mainly because I cant be assed to learn all the stats and crap. I like lifesteal cause its simple % and hp/mp+, the rest are too confusing so bleh! Also how do you know what stacks and what doesnt?!

Nome

Jenga said:

My game plan for solo ranked is to jungle. Least dependent on your allies that way!

dimb

Nome said:
My game plan for solo ranked is to jungle. Least dependent on your allies that way!
You might think that until all of your lanes push to the tower.

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
He sounds like every other AD champ in the world with a smoke screen.
He has a gap closer and an ability that's supposed to nail people hiding behind tanks. I expect him to be blatantly overpowered and get 900 kills each game.

Or at least, I expect him to do a lot of damage.

dimb

Blizzard said:
He has a gap closer and an ability that's supposed to nail people hiding behind tanks. I expect him to be blatantly overpowered and get 900 kills each game.

Or at least, I expect him to do a lot of damage.
Quick Draw is Vayne's Roll but worse.

Collateral Damage is Miss Fortune's Double Up (which is an underwhelming mechanic) but stuck on an ult.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Jenga said:
the worst thing about a bad jungle is when you only last hit and let nasus push you to tower but they never gank

and a nasus that never gets ganked is gg

The worst junglers always do the following to piss me off.

1. Come in to the lane for a gank and feed them kills because of position and timing.
2. Come in my lane and push it up when not necessary.
3. Never goes to the lanes that need the most help
4. Never ganks at all or uses their status for advantage, basically pve all game till the end.

Jenga

Banned
Nome said:
like the other dude said, it's all rosy until every lane is pushed and getting raped

and then they all blame you

Jenga

Banned
graves looks generic but im getting him cuz that shotgun is fuckin stylin

doom guy armor plz

space marine graves + duke nukem graves = best skins of all time
I'd also spend money on a evil dead skin with bruce campbell VA

also, depending on what his ratios are like it looks like he's an AOE vayne. dash out, smoke, shotgun + ult = GG

Nome said:

Jungling is to for most part, dependant on ganks. If you have a shitty mid and solo top then you will just fall behind. Usually in this situation you'd want to TRY to help them with focusing on getting bot to work being the backup plan but any team with a half a brain can just defend bot with their mid or something. Then the game drags into a situation where you're getting no real EXP because you've killed the laning phase early.

I've found relative success with playing offbeat mids/strong solo tops/Galio and Malphite to stomp those AP/AD heavy teams.

For me, getting out of ELO Hell is playing Swain Mid, Renekton/Galio Solo Top, Malphite/Leona/Nunu bot.

Swain tends to be a low ELO master because most mids will get caught in your roots at that level so you'd most likely eat them. Renekton/Galio work well solo top because some games the enemy team doesn't have a jungler and they both do a good 1v2 lane. (Galio's Shield, Renekton's Lifesteal/Ult Tankiness/Kicking Ass)

With Bot Malphite, Leona and Nunu all help your partner win the lane. Nunu can just iceball bully, consume for infinate sustain and generally keep shit off your carry. Malphite can just poke them to death and Leona will keep them in one place so your partner can theoritically kill them.

Or you can just instalock Gangplank.

Ferga

I find getting kills with riven easy

Just get your w up and time your windslash.

If you have trouble laning, become a jungler or lane with a ranged carryJj

theinfinityissue said:
I get the overall gist of what's supposed to happen, and i guess i'll run the tutorial or w/e, but man am i reluctant to dip into the notorious lol community. People are going to get so pissed at me while I figure out how to play.

Play with GAF, there are lots of new people in there.

markot said:
Im too lazy to search for the things I want in the shop so I always go for 'recommended' >.< This goes for Hon too....

Mainly because I cant be assed to learn all the stats and crap. I like lifesteal cause its simple % and hp/mp+, the rest are too confusing so bleh! Also how do you know what stacks and what doesnt?!

Unique Passives don't stack if they are the same.

That's... kinda it.

Damn, I really need to buy Sona. I don't have to worry about farming, and that's pretty cool. Taric was a bit boring for me, and so was Soraka. Sona is fun because she has more than just heals to help a team out; I really like that. Plus, I like that her abilities are on low cooldowns, so, watching mana is a small price to pay.

1200+ IP to go until I can buy her </3

Ferrio

Banned
Riven power!

2mq5ml5.jpg

So sad I died at the very end. Was for a good cause, i decimated a ton.

dimb

My team picks Skarner, Karma and Leona. Loses terribly. Complains about the enemy team picking OP champs. Dear Lord the people who play this game.

Haly

Legato.Reborn- said:
I wonder what was offered to Randuin.

Riot seems like too good a deal to pass up. It had to be really good.
A DOTA2 beta key.

Excuse me for my ignorance guys, but what are the main differences between HoN, Dota2 and LoL?

(Never played any other game of this type except LoL)
Thank you for your time!

IsayFever

xCVY4.jpg

Same build, different game, different skin. More practice as solo top lane, think I'm ready to go back into ranked as something other than a jungler

bjaelke

Melhisedek said:
Excuse me for my ignorance guys, but what are the main differences between HoN, Dota2 and LoL?

(Never played any other game of this type except LoL)
Thank you for your time!
The community and the competitive scene. It's fairly easy to adapt to the different gameplay mechanics if you master the essentials of one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom