• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nome

Dance In My Blood said:
Taking out an inhibitor shouldn't mean you win the game. Destroying an inhibitor or two means you pretty much get map control handed to you on a platter, and you get the bonus of super minions pushing with you. If you can't destroy the Nexus with three inhibs down that's on your team.

You didn't lose because of respawning inhibs anyways. You lost because you 3/5ths of your team are crummy champions with no synergy who don't scale well into late game, and you couldn't clench an early victory versus a team that scales super well into late game.
All this does is make push-centered lineups less viable.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Nome said:
All this does is make push-centered lineups less viable.
I don't really see respawning inhibs as the reasons push-centric teams aren't very viable. The Nexus is very weak, especially to high AD champs, and if the inhibs go down the push team can keep pushing into the base and end the game. Push teams usually get countered because the other team can effectively hold them off around the towers just outside the walls of the base and stop them, creating team fight situations where those pushing champs find themselves out of their element.

Jenga said:
anything that kills me is op

also with most ranged dps's they're at a disadvantage when i leap at them, gp eats oranges midway and crits me with melee
jax is pretty shitty at early game, pretty much anyone can harrass you down. if you cant handle the "OPness" solo tops can offer then i suggest you go jungling.

bjaelke said:
If you guys want to try some new champions, then you should join the public beta. All champions are free to play!
What exactly is the public beta? I see your link above, but why is there a beta of LoL...I'm confused.

But if all Champs are F2P, then, hmmmm...

dimb

dragonlife said:
What exactly is the public beta? I see your link above, but why is there a beta of LoL...I'm confused.

But if all Champs are F2P, then, hmmmm...
It's to test patch changes and champions before they put them into the main game.

dimb

bjaelke said:
If you guys want to try some new champions, then you should join the public beta. All champions are free to play!
Turns out everything is locked up in the public beta by the way.

Irelia's going on sale.

I never played her and I tend to not like bruisers...the only one I play sometimes is Garen. I count Gangplank as more of a utility guy than a bruiser.

Should I buy her now instead of regretting later?

Achtius

Despite a few good games (read: 3 out of like 10), I think i am horrible with Ez. :(

I should either practice more or give up on him.

edit: what is this PBE i am reading about?

Achtius said:
Despite a few good games (read: 3 out of like 10), I think i am horrible with Ez. :(

I should either practice more or give up on him.

edit: what is this PBE i am reading about?

Play him in dominion.

Build...

1.) Brutalizer
2.) Cooldown Boots
3.) Trinity

...and whatever from there.

You will wreck face. This is a great mode to get a feel for him in.

Him and Kog'maw are the two best AD carries in dom.

dimb

So I guess there's going to be another Annie skin for Halloween.

Wouldn't want to go a few weeks without a new Annie skin.

I'd estimate my winning percentage as Singed is about 80% and my winning percentage with every other champion is just under 50%. He's so good, plus no one in solo queue ever wants to tank, so playing a tank is a great way to score wins.

ITT9b.png

Best game I've ever had as a champ I never played (basically, maybe once years ago).

Oh man. I support the team, stun their "carry" (Soraka), and I'm an asshole. Good times, good times.

Oh, and apparently anything I say is snark. I'm trying to remember why I play this fucking game in the first place when I got shit to do.

Boken

Banned
Archie said:
lol? Respawning inhibs is a comeback mechanic bro. It allows the other team to turtle until respawn and give them another chance to win.

Nice strawman about the kill streaks btw.
What is a comeback mechanic?
It is a mechanic that improves your chances of winning when you are behind. What does the Mario Kart item distribution do? Players that are further behind get stronger ones. What does X-Factor do? It gets stronger the more downed fighters you have. What does kill streak bounty do? Give you extra gold for killing an enemy that is ahead of you.

A respawning inhibitor doesn't do anything to improve your actual chance of winning. It makes the game longer to give you more opportunities to win, but your chance of winning isn't directly increased just because your inhibitors respawn.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Respawning inhibs facilitate a comeback, but it isn't worth arguing since my choice of words was poor and you are technically correct.

Flayer

Archie said:
Respawning inhibs facilitate a comeback, but it isn't worth arguing since my choice of words was poor and you are technically correct.
You're still wrong. Being able to kill inhibs in the first place and spawn stronger creeps helps the team in the lead. Inhibs as of themselves are a mechanic which rewards teams that have the advantage.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
If you say so. I was salty when I made those posts yesterday and now I don't care to argue it.

Let's post some comics or something.

Wrekt

I tried Anivia for the first time last night.

Holy hell, I am so glad I didn't pick her up when she got that price drop. What a nightmare of a champ. I don't think I've ever played a champ as unenjoyable as her. Between the mana sponge Ult, the extreme reliance on blue buff and the skill shot that travels at about half of unmodified walk speed, no thank you. I didn't even do that bad with her, I just hated every minute of that match.

bjaelke

I find her to be quite enjoyable. You can force people to walk into your Flash Frost by placing a wall right after. If you follow that up with a Frostbite, there's a good chance you can get first blood. Anivia is only dependent on blue buff between level 6 and 13-14. After that you should have enough mana regen through your items, masteries and runes.

Nome

Wrekt said:

Holy hell, I am so glad I didn't pick her up when she got that price drop. What a nightmare of a champ. I don't think I've ever played a champ as unenjoyable as her. Between the mana sponge Ult, the extreme reliance on blue buff and the skill shot that travels at about half of unmodified walk speed, no thank you. I didn't even do that bad with her, I just hated every minute of that match.
What I dislike most about her is that she's yet another "If you hit X, then Y gets additional effects" champion. It's a really overused mechanic and really shoves a skill build down your throat.

I'm going to try an Anivia tank build. Her best skills are in reality support, but she needs to be close to the action to use her ult and E effectively. Therefore building magic resist and armor on her and not going for high AP may be a decent build. Or it could suck. We'll see.

dimb

Mister Wilhelm said:
Give him some credit, Kayle dies in 2 or 3 hits from anyone.
Eh. So press R. She's nowhere near as squishy as someone like Sona or Ez. I don't think of Kayle as a champion with a high skill ceiling.

Dance In My Blood said:
Eh. So press R. She's nowhere near as squishy as someone like Sona or Ez. I don't think of Kayle as a champion with a high skill ceiling.

Nah she's one of the easiest by far but that doesn't mean she gets free kills either.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Ark said:
Opinions on Sion? Tempted to buy him.

He is an insane bully during the laning phase, but loses effectiveness later in the game. I go 2 rings, sorc boots, Sheen, Deathcap and Lichbane in that order.

dimb

Ark said:
Opinions on Sion? Tempted to buy him.
Can be alright, but on the lower end of the usefulness spectrum of champions when it's pretty common for late game to hit and him to kind of unhelpful.

Be super cool and build him AD.

Ark

So which one is 'better' AD or AP? Or what are the general pros and cons?

Also, Akali is still retardedly OP. Beginning to get tediously tired of blind pick now.

Achtius

Ark said:
So which one is 'better' AD or AP? Or what are the general pros and cons?

Also, Akali is still retardedly OP. Beginning to get tediously tired of blind pick now.

You should seen the one in your game? 1//10/X by the end of the game and fed morde 7 times in a row.

I think I have officially given up on Madred's Bloodrazor.

Infinity Edge + Zeals has been melting everything so much faster for me, including the tanks.

I started experimenting with this after IEM2 seeing all the kogs get it and I don't think I'm going back.

Inskipp

Very impressive first round by Dignitas in IEM NY, they completely flipped the game within the second dragon.
I think I have officially given up on Madred's Bloodrazor.

Infinity Edge + Zeals has been melting everything so much faster for me, including the tanks.
QtPie did pretty well with the bloodrazor build vs solomid just now.

bjaelke

Reginald missed a lot of ultimates or only got a slow on them. I only saw one stun coming from him throughout the game. They had so many stuns to line up that Nunu ultimate, but they were not able to capitalize on it. Great play by Dignitas to turn the game around at dragon.

Neki

Wrekt said:

anivia is fun. she's all about controlling space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom