• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inskipp

bjaelke said:
I only saw one stun coming from him throughout the game. They had so many stuns to line up that Nunu ultimate, but they were not able to capitalize on it.
I guess it's because Trundle was constantly tying them up while Kog and Zilean were behind him backing up from 600-700+ distance. Once they wasted their CC's Talon sprung up with his ult and did tons of damage©

Also iirc most of their(Dignitas) winning fights were done in lane/river, which aren't optimal places to set-up Nunu ults.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
But I'm pretty good.
j4l4i.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Deadly said:
You know when you think you're bad at this game? There's always someone worst than you. GOD. Sorry had to rant.
That's just you I think.

Everyone else seem to believe that they're the best thing since Nutella.

Deadly

Archie said:
But I'm pretty good.
j4l4i.png
Doesn't apply to you then =P. Honestly I haven't played MOBA games since 2003-2004. I know the basics and etc but that's it. So I think I suck pretty bad right now. Except each time I play there's ALWAYS somebody doing 5432654654x worst than me.

Haly

Ferrio said:
We should have troll nights. Just come up with the most troll laden team configs and such.
Shaco, Teemo, Caitlyn, Maokai, Heimer.

NO BRUSH IS SAFE.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Ferrio said:
We should have troll nights. Just come up with the most troll laden team configs and such.

Karma, Kayle, Twitch, Eve and Shen with clease and fortify GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Ferrio said:
Oooh good idea.

How bout a team of everyone with global ults? How many have those?

Ezreal, Ashe, GP, Karthus, Soraka, Shen, TF, and Pantheon

Karthus/GP is actually a pretty mean combo with proper coordination.

Blizzard

Banned
Archie said:
Ezreal, Ashe, GP, Karthus, Soraka, Shen, TF, and Pantheon

Karthus/GP is actually a pretty mean combo with proper coordination.
GP's ult doesn't seem to do much damage though, right, since GP never builds AP? Is Lux's ult global? I saw a Lux with CV. That seems like an amusing combination for sniping people. I want to try Lux. I don't even know what her passive does.

You could try a team with area ults, like galio taunts for two seconds, then amumu stuns for two seconds, while nunu is ideally channelling the whole time. Finish up with karthus ult or something.

bjaelke

Go full support with heal/clarity. That sustain is so retarded you can dominate anyone in lane. Taric top, Janna mid, Soraka jungle, Alistar and Sona bot. Tried it with Taric's old ultimate and had great success.

Jenga

Banned
Inskipp said:
He has been actually nerfed a lot recently.

Yet he still remains as one of the best supports.
well i guess he complements my playstyle

run up to you hit you and run away spamming laugh

OMG THEY ARE USING KATARINA

WOW

Ferrio said:

Best troll team I ever went against was Twitch, Eve, Shaco, etc. They just stealthed and killed my idiot team for days.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ark said:
Now I don't know whether to buy Swain or GP to try out.

God dammit FoM.
If you come away from this tournament impressed with any champions they should be Zilean and Talon.

Ferga

Ferrio said:

I remember a game i played with GAF where everyone took teleport and everyone had a stun

Went 10-0 in the first few minutes

it was a hilarious game

LCGeek

formerly sane
Had to dig deep for this. Normally I don't bring on the pain so bad but they were begging for it. The game was close but riven got cocky and I had to demonstrate ranged ad can dish out just as bad as melee.

1600 plus crits. Never seen a team run so quick from quad kills shame they can't run from vayne in this situation. 4 shots or less for all and 62% lifesteal ensured I never died so fuck armor or magic resistance in this situations.

ssown0036.jpg

Ark

Orianna? My god I've only seen her once since her nerf.

Dance In My Blood said:
If you come away from this tournament impressed with any champions they should be Zilean and Talon.

Oh I've always been impressed by Zilean and Talon, but I don't enjoy playing them very much. I'm fairly tempted by Janna too, actually.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Ark said:
Orianna? My god I've only seen her once since her nerf.

Oh I've always been impressed by Zilean and Talon, but I don't enjoy playing them very much. I'm fairly tempted by Janna too, actually.

Orianna was pimp man that speed burst would ensure no one could run near us or escape us. 26 assists she would've had more kills but once I snapped mid game there was no turning back.

Ferga

laning with shaco just makes me mad

It's like they save their shivs just to ks you. I don't mind if they fight for the entire time and get the kill but they just stay in the bush setting up jitb ignoring the fact that i'm fighting the opponent. They then flash out and throw a shiv to get a kill when im doing all the work

Ferga said:
laning with shaco just makes me mad

It's like they save their shivs just to ks you. I don't mind if they fight for the entire time and get the kill but they just stay in the bush setting up jitb ignoring the fact that i'm fighting the opponent. They then flash out and throw a shiv to get a kill when im doing all the work

You need a deeper understanding of how TwoShiv works in order to fully understand why that Shaco was saving it till the end.

I'm not saying this Shaco was not trying to ks you, but:

Passive: Shaco's attacks poison his target, reducing their movement speed.

The passive is a free slow, essentially.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Legato.Reborn- said:
You need a deeper understanding of how TwoShiv works in order to fully understand why that Shaco was saving it till the end.

I'm not saying this Shaco was not trying to ks you, but:

Passive: Shaco's attacks poison his target, reducing their movement speed.

The passive is a free slow, essentially.

A nasty free slow. That passive and karthus slow at once make people run in one spot basically.

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
Because Randuin got a job somewhere else and Shurelia, his wife, moved with him.
I thought I was just crazy, but I guess ok, a husband and wife team had items named after them. We will always remember them from their items. ;_;

Haly

To clarify, he loses the passive as long as Two Shiv is on cooldown.

On Dom it doesn't really matter because you're sniping people 24/7 anyway but on SR ganks it's almost always a finisher rather than a DPS skill.

(Unless you're playing ballin AP Shaco)

Haly

Ferrio said:
I'm surprised no one has ever bitched at my Riven KSing
Riven: *kills someone*
Teammates: *speechless because Riven did something useful*

Ferrio

Banned
Halycon said:
Riven: *kills someone*
Teammates: *speechless because Riven did something useful*

Hush you.

I will say I rarely see anyone bitch about KSing in general which is good. In DOTA it was rampant for people to go apeshit if they didn't get the last hit. I've always had the philosophy that as long as the other team dies it doesn't matter.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
LoL needs a rental system. 10% of a champ's IP cost to try it out for 7 days with the option to buy it for the remainder. Riot could exclude newer characters and allow only those that are at least ~1 month old to be eligible.

dimb

Blizzard said:
I thought I was just crazy, but I guess ok, a husband and wife team had items named after them. We will always remember them from their items. ;_;
The legacy of Shurelia's shoddy support balancing act will always live on.

The solution is actually pretty simple. If the support classes were more item dependent they couldn't get away with letting their carry farm the whole game while they sat around passively babysitting.

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
The legacy of Shurelia's shoddy support balancing act will always live on.

The solution is actually pretty simple. If the support classes were more item dependent they couldn't get away with letting their carry farm the whole game while they sat around passively babysitting.
I thought the whole point of a support was to not get any last-hits, and let the carry kill all the minions since the carry needs the gold? When I used to play soraka I would have a lane person seem to get furious at me for occasionally killing a minion.

dimb

Blizzard said:
I thought the whole point of a support was to not get any last-hits, and let the carry kill all the minions since the carry needs the gold? When I used to play soraka I would have a lane person seem to get furious at me for occasionally killing a minion.
That's my point. Support champs can still have a huge impact on the game without literally any farm.

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
That's my point. Support champs can still have a huge impact on the game without literally any farm.
So you think it would be better if you forced the carries who need gold to fight with supports for last hits? How would it be better? :/

dimb

Blizzard said:
So you think it would be better if you forced the carries who need gold to fight with supports for last hits? How would it be better? :/
If they couldn't function without gold there would be no complaint about them taking kills. In the current state of the game a support class is most useful to their team by taking as little farm as possible to maximize the gains of other champs.

Everyone should need to be farming. Having two people in one lane who both need to farm is not the end of the world, and has existed in LoL before the current meta and exists in other MOBAs.

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
If they couldn't function without gold there would be no complaint about them taking kills. In the current state of the game a support class is most useful to their team by taking as little farm as possible to maximize the gains of other champs.

Everyone should need to be farming. Having two people in one lane who both need to farm is not the end of the world, and has existed in LoL before the current meta and exists in other MOBAs.
They should make the game fast-forward to the end of 12 minutes and give everyone lots of gold. Communism and equality for all! :D

dimb

Blizzard said:
They should make the game fast-forward to the end of 12 minutes and give everyone lots of gold. Communism and equality for all! :D
They did this. It's called Dominion and it turns out it isn't very fun.

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
They did this. It's called Dominion and it turns out it isn't very fun.
That's probably just your opinion! Some people probably like it!

Also they didn't do it since dominion is a different game mode, with obviously different mechanics! That's kind of a silly suggestion to say they're the same. :p

Fjord

Archie said:
LoL needs a rental system. 10% of a champ's IP cost to try it out for 7 days with the option to buy it for the remainder. Riot could exclude newer characters and allow only those that are at least ~1 month old to be eligible.

People don't remember the hidden cost of complexity. I've been trying a few other "free to play" games and the number of options and tokens is so obnoxious it really saps the fun and atmosphere. I'm trying a facebook game beta, Utopia Kingdoms, a remake of a great old browser game and I can count 7 icons on my screen that I could click on to use/buy $tokens. My point is, keep the store clean and pleasing, no need for tripling its size for rentals or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom