• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nome

Blizzard said:
They should make the game fast-forward to the end of 12 minutes and give everyone lots of gold. Communism and equality for all! :D
Too bad that in DotA, HoN, and LoL, the #1 differentiator of skill is the laning phase :p

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
First picked Kat in draft and the enemy team were nice enough to pick Malphite, Kennen, and Warwick. Somehow won so I guess everything went better than expected.
2th said:
i didnt ask WHY... i asked WHEN. WHEN did they leave?
Oh. I dunno. Like two weeks ago? Maybe one week.

So what kind of build is generally good for Trundle? I have played a lot with him (jungle) and I never seem to do good with him (unlike most of my other heros). Yesterday I noticed he was used quite a lot by very high level players so... full tank or what? I like his play style.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Fjord said:
People don't remember the hidden cost of complexity. I've been trying a few other "free to play" games and the number of options and tokens is so obnoxious it really saps the fun and atmosphere. I'm trying a facebook game beta, Utopia Kingdoms, a remake of a great old browser game and I can count 7 icons on my screen that I could click on to use/buy $tokens. My point is, keep the store clean and pleasing, no need for tripling its size for rentals or anything.

Would a rental option really add that much complexity and confusion to the store? TF2 has a rental system and it is not intrusive at all. Champions are expensive and rentals would let players know if they like a specific character without waiting for a free week or gambling thousands of IP away.

bjaelke

NemesisPrime said:
So what kind of build is generally good for Trundle? I have played a lot with him (jungle) and I never seem to do good with him (unlike most of my other heros). Yesterday I noticed he was used quite a lot by very high level players so... full tank or what? I like his play style.
He's mainly used as an off-tank/fighter on a competitive level. Wriggle's Lantern, Trinity Force, Aegis and Mercury's. I see people build Warmog's on him, but it usually takes too long to farm it up.

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
Ugh went up against a Mundo+Leblanc in the bottom lane as riven with soraka. I couldn't do shit against them.
Obviously you're the Riven expert and I'm new to Riven, but I still feel like she either needs to be jungle (probably not a good option) or laning with someone who is ranged. I'm not sure how well she can handle a solo lane against two super powerful enemies, or a support + AD lane against ranged tanks/ranged AP/ranged whatever.

Repgnar

NemesisPrime said:

If you plan on watching more of the stream today/tomorrow you could always write down what they're building. Had a game yesterday where an Anivia went into the game with smite. Wasn't too sure about a jungling Anivia but after he got the firstblood with a gank we never lost a tower. The other team had given him some flak at the start but they surrendered as soon as we reached their base.

Nome

Dmorr07 said:
If you plan on watching more of the stream today/tomorrow you could always write down what they're building. Had a game yesterday where an Anivia went into the game with smite. Wasn't too sure about a jungling Anivia but after he got the firstblood with a gank we never lost a tower. The other team had given him some flak at the start but they surrendered as soon as we reached their base.
No replays = difficult to proliferate rogue strats :(

Achtius

I just realized I haven't seen kiunch and mudkira on for the longest time. I know mudkira is busy with University, but how about kiunch? o_O

Blizzard

Banned
Achtius said:
I just realized I haven't seen kiunch and mudkira on for the longest time. I know mudkira is busy with University, but how about kiunch? o_O
Kiunch probably had a heart attack after playing Leona and raging too much (even if he won). You have to control the rage!

Ark

So who won between Fnatic and Dignitas? I saw the first game but I don't know if there were other games after that.

Ferrio

Banned
Blizzard said:
Obviously you're the Riven expert and I'm new to Riven, but I still feel like she either needs to be jungle (probably not a good option) or laning with someone who is ranged. I'm not sure how well she can handle a solo lane against two super powerful enemies, or a support + AD lane against ranged tanks/ranged AP/ranged whatever.

You need to lane with someone that can be aggressive. Laning solo is usually a recipe for disaster, really matters who you're up against.

Soraka wasn't being aggressive, and the mundo+leblanc combo was pretty damn tough. I couldn't touch leblanc since she was so mobile/ranged, and her damage output early is insane. I roughed up mundo up a lot, but never enough before leblanc would intervene. Then the bastard would just heal up.

I should try solo laning with her just to see how it goes again.

Ferga

Blizzard said:

Riven is strong but she is just hard to play during the laning phase.

I've tried jungle riven but i lack either tankiness or damage during mid game. If i lane and do well with my farm then i become unstoppable mid-late game.

too much of a risk to use in my ranked games even though i do well in normal games with her.

Only combo i can see that can work in ranked games for me is that if riven laned with a support GP at bot. GP can harass and buy gold items while riven farms up her items for the first 20minutes

I don't understand how to play Pantheon mid/late game. Every game for me goes the same way with him. I start with a few kills, then once it's time to team fight I can't do anything. And the ult is not working for me. Every time I jump in, I get instantly stunned and die. It's like trying to play a melee caster with no health or escape whatsoever.

The only wins I can get are when I dominate early and the other team surrenders. If the game goes 30 minutes or longer, I just start feeding.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
FutureZombie said:
Karthus and Twitch now 3150IP

I've seen a lot more Twitches lately, and he seems fun. Karthus seems boring as hell though.
The last thing the game needs right now is a bunch of Twitches running around with the stealth system still in a state of disrepair. Karthus is awesome though, you don't even know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom