• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
ShadyMilkman said:
apparently i missed the race

ashe arrows just make everything more fun
Everyone just Banshee Veils or QSSes by end game, so the impact of Ashe is actually kind of deafened as the game goes on long. Meanwhile Kog becomes a poke monster with his ultimate, and can tear down a team defending a tower by pushing them back.

Ferga

ShadyMilkman said:
IEM is fun to watch, but fuuuuuck, watching every ad carry be kog or cait is hella tedious.

Gimme some Ashe, dawg

After the last nerf on her ult CDs she hasn't been seen in tourneys :(

Always liked seeing those crazy ass arrows

Ferny

Man some nights on LoL surprise ya. Just had two great games going solo queue and met some really cool people. You always get those games with dicks but sometimes, you do end up getting some really cool games with good folks. Imagine that

Patch preview up! Skarner buffs!

bjaelke

Ultimoo said:
soraka and sona are more popular than janna in competitive play.
That's just not true. If you look at IEM New York and IPL then Janna was preferred over Soraka in most of the cases. You might see some of the smaller teams run Soraka, but teams like TSM, CLG and Fnatic all prefer Janna. It's also the same reason Caitlyn isn't first picked so often anymore (compared to Kog'Maw). They both have a really strong laning phase, which unfortunately doesn't carry over to the team fights.

dimb

Boken said:
Nobody stacks Gunblades in SR.
Could care less about the stacking, I don't like people building just one item over and over so I think that's a good change. Just don't like item nerfs like that when the problem is clearly specific champions.

Unless you thought every champion who builds a Gunblade like Skarner and Kat needed a nerf.

Ark

Gunblade nerf? WHOOP!

Skarner buff? Lulwut.

EDIT:

Just went 0/4/31 with Janna in my first game with her, I did SC the results page but deleted it by accident :(

bjaelke

Yeah very "safe" picks all around. I really hope Elementz had enough practice to introduce the Lux support for their semifinal later on. They've already teased about it but weren't ready for it on Thursday.

dimb

bjaelke said:
Yeah very "safe" picks all around. I really hope Elementz had enough practice to introduce the Lux support for their semifinal later on. They've already teased about it but weren't ready for it on Thursday.
This game looks much better at least. Not sure why Sypher pretty much gave them the same team comp, but it could work out for them. It's kind of crazy they didn't ban Lee Sin though.

Boken

Banned
Sona didn't win that game, Sypher just went for no damage at all. GP rushed warmogs, as did Garen. Their only AP damage was Swain, who could be bursted down with the 3 assassins FN had (+ignite if need). So FN just got Armor and smashed them in team fights...

dimb

Boken said:
Sona didn't win that game, Sypher just went for no damage at all. GP rushed warmogs, as did Garen. Their only AP damage was Swain, who could be bursted down with the 3 assassins FN had (+ignite if need). So FN just got Armor and smashed them in team fights...
Not saying Sypher played that well, but Sona's impact on team fights compared to Soraka's is huge, and was a big part of why Sypher couldn't put out damage. Between the stun of that and the evasive maneuvers available to champions like Talon, Akali, aned Ez Sypher wasn't even able to pick up the kills they closed in on.

Boken

Banned
Soraka was just a poor pick vs that team. Burst vs Heal? lol, not going to happen. AOE heal vs single target burst? yeah.

Janna/Alistar/Sona would've been better against all the assassins.

Sypher says they picked Soraka for her Armor Buff, but that's so tough against all that burst. Plus, Akali is crazy by herself already.

dimb

Boken said:
Soraka was just a poor pick vs that team. Burst vs Heal? lol, not going to happen. AOE heal vs single target burst? yeah.

Agreed. Sypher said on the stream just now they were expecting Gragas instead of Talon. Not sure why they would think this after the last game.

Dance In My Blood said:
Everyone just Banshee Veils or QSSes by end game, so the impact of Ashe is actually kind of deafened as the game goes on long. Meanwhile Kog becomes a poke monster with his ultimate, and can tear down a team defending a tower by pushing them back.

Yeah, I see the validity in picking another carry over her, I just carry a bias because she was the first champ I became decent with. It's fun to watch her in competitive play.

BUT ALAS

bjaelke

Boken said:

Sypher says they picked Soraka for her Armor Buff, but that's so tough against all that burst. Plus, Akali is crazy by herself already.
Taric says hi.

dimb

Interview with HotshotGG, swears maybe 3 seconds in.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Edit: Oh, it was ocelot.

My stream was chill for most of game 1, but now...

the audio is perfect, but the video lags for a moment every 10-15 seconds

fffff

E: I'd take own3ed's 5000 fucking adds, given that it actually works.

bjaelke

http://www.own3d.tv/live/137583/Intel_Extreme_Masters_live_from_ComiCon_New_York_comment_es_FR

French commentators, but at least it works
KuGsj.gif

Edit: Beaten

Boken

Banned
The english stream works at 720p+ for me....

But I feel as if CLG has already given up.

EDIT: Just realised how good a counterpick Gragas is vs Kassadin.

Entwain

That was painful to watch for clg :/. Did I miss a match or has trundle been useless in every game hes chosen minus the rare pillar that saves them for one team fight?

Dance In My Blood said:
Here is a detailed run down of the matches from Elementz.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1366623

In a nutshell: Hotshot continues to treat tournament games like solo queue ranked and they lose. He is pretty much the reason I find it hard to like CLG, although I am a fan of Elementz and Saint.

Ooh, I read that. It was an interesting read. It's as if they have the most talent, but they forgot how to harness it, for lack of a better term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom