• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
John said:
Anyone have tips for early-game mana as Sona? Build order is Tear/Philosopher's Stone/Boots, start with a Meki and two mana potions and I'm still having mana problems during lane phase. I don't want to run clarity since it'd be redundant 20 minutes in.
Run MP/5 scaling runes.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
ShadyMilkman said:
I honestly have no idea.

I'm just assuming that after 3 straight weekends, there was going to be a break. Hopefully, I am proved wrong.

WellPlayed's Rampage is starting up again next weekend, so there will be some competitive play streamed. Not tournaments but it's a lot easier to catch two or three games than fifteen in a weekend.

Blizzard

Banned
It was terrifying to see this other team at the start of the last GAF game (I don't think we were even using mumble):

leagueoflegends2011-10spa3.jpg

They ended up surrendering 4/1. It was very close for most of the game. They were exceedingly mobile.

I bought the 3day IP boost on Friday.

What a ridiculous thing. I'm nearly burned out. I must have put at least 25 hours into it just this weekend trying to maximize that return (I've kept count, and so far I've got 2961 IPs for my 520 RPs). I enjoyed the hell out of it but I ran into a brick wall today and only played a little.

In the future I think the 1 day boost is where it's at. I can't keep this up over 3 days.

I did manage to unlock Lux and Leblanc just from this weekends playtime though. I freaking love Lux, Finales is probably my favorite ulti in the whole game so far. I haven't tried Leblanc yet.

Achtius

Blizzard said:
It was terrifying to see this other team at the start of the last GAF game (I don't think we were even using mumble):

[ img]http://www.abload.de/img/leagueoflegends2011-10spa3.jpg[/img]

They ended up surrendering 4/1. It was very close for most of the game. They were exceedingly mobile.

You can't remember something that happened 5 minute ago?

Blizzard

Banned
Achtius said:
You can't remember something that happened 5 minute ago?
Well I have a terrible memory...

But also, the main reason I said that was because no one ever explicitly said that they WEREN'T on mumble. For all I know, kurrupt could have been on mumble with dizzy and maybe no one wanted to invite me. ;p

*edit* I learned maybe two things today:

1. Lux's ult is NOT global, it apparently has a max range.
2. Either riven's Q-leap can hop OVER Ashe's spread-arrow slow attack, or else something lucky happened (maybe Sona's speedboost just cancelled it out...I'm assuming that attack always slows).

dimb

Blizzard said:
You get terrified of other teams that run lane Xin/Jarvan with no jungle? And of Clarity/Heal Lux? And teams without exhaust?

dimb

FieryBalrog said:
I bought the 3day IP boost on Friday.

What a ridiculous thing. I'm nearly burned out. I must have put at least 25 hours into it just this weekend trying to maximize that return (I've kept count, and so far I've got 2961 IPs for my 520 RPs). I enjoyed the hell out of it but I ran into a brick wall today and only played a little.

In the future I think the 1 day boost is where it's at. I can't keep this up over 3 days.

I did manage to unlock Lux and Leblanc just from this weekends playtime though. I freaking love Lux, Finales is probably my favorite ulti in the whole game so far. I haven't tried Leblanc yet.
This doesn't sound like a great return to be honest. For 487 RP you could have gotten a 6.3k champion on sale.
Jazzy Network said:
Lane Jarvan is the only way to play. His jungle sucks.
Right, but if there's no jungle and you have people who could it gets weird. The only way to play Jarvan is to not pick Jarvan by the way.

Dance In My Blood said:
This doesn't sound like a great return to be honest. For 487 RP you could have gotten a 6.3k champion on sale.

Right, but if there's no jungle and you have people who could it gets weird. The only way to play Jarvan is to not pick Jarvan by the way.

Can't disagree with that.

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
You get terrified of other teams that run lane Xin/Jarvan with no jungle? And of Clarity/Heal Lux? And teams without exhaust?
They all had sunglasses, which was intimidating enough for me. They all matched, and the natural conclusion from so many matching skins that is that they're all on voicechat coordinating advanced strategies (and that they're super pro).

But mostly the skins.

Ferny

Ehh they didn't worry me at all really. When I saw Lux with heal/clarity i knew I could take her easy. Those two early deaths didn't really hurt because I got them back quickly and they could never really take any big lead on us. Fun game

Kozak

Banned
Ferny said:
Ehh they didn't worry me at all really. When I saw Lux with heal/clarity i knew I could take her easy. Those two early deaths didn't really hurt because I got them back quickly and they could never really take any big lead on us. Fun game

When I see Lux I know I can take her easy.

Bitch ain't no match for my Brand.

Ark

Blizzard said:

You think that's bad? We went against a team yesterday that had all the super expensive skins, demon blade tryndamere etc etc.

We surrendered at 20.

XeroSauce

How many of your Gaffers are Level 10-20 and willing to play with me?

All my friends are either level 30 pros (and when I queue with them I lose to runes and superior handling) or newbs who don't know what a lane is.

Ferga

Blizzard said:

Me and my friends vsed a team like that too. I think they had initials at the front of their names

We got raped so hard :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That reminds me, that I have actually faced the same Clan Tag people twice, some MIA people. The only reason I remember them after the first time was the dumb joke we made to the guy who didn't have a tag about his whole team already missing.

We stomped them both times.

dimb

Try to play ranked. Suddenly Eves and Teemos all over my team. What the heck is this?

Edit: And now there's a Shaco. Greeeeeeeeeat.

bjaelke

John said:
Anyone have tips for early-game mana as Sona? Build order is Tear/Philosopher's Stone/Boots, start with a Meki and two mana potions and I'm still having mana problems during lane phase. I don't want to run clarity since it'd be redundant 20 minutes in.
Start with Faerie Charm (Philostone), 2 wards and some potions. You'll also need 9 greater seal of clarity and 3 points in meditation.

2th

Banned
Lots of fun Dominion tonight with Rayven, Legato and some other whose GAF names i do not know. Yeah i suck as vayne in Dominion i do know this.

Ferga

Dance In My Blood said:
Turns out he was awesome. He went 12/3/14, but that's usually not the case.

keep your fingers cross when you see shaco/twitch in your teams. It's a big hit or miss, there is no average play

AcridMeat

Banned
XeroSauce said:
How many of your Gaffers are Level 10-20 and willing to play with me?

All my friends are either level 30 pros (and when I queue with them I lose to runes and superior handling) or newbs who don't know what a lane is.

I'm level 22 I'll play with you.

Wait what's a lane?

cdyhybrid

It is the law of the universe that I cannot get a decent pub team.

Edit: Unlocked Warwick. Tried jungling but it didn't work so well, so I went with a lane build that focused on tankiness/mana regen to spam Hungering Strike. Did pretty well, ended up 12/7/16 or something and started rolling over people once I got Bloodrazor at the end.

Blizzard

Banned
Haha, whoever said another Annie skin for Halloween was right. Now if only I were any good with Annie. ;_; Is there any way for her to be semi-useful endgame, or do you basically have to win early?

Also, that surprise party Fiddle skin is amazing. I want to see how it looks ingame. I can only hope it has awesome sound effects and streamers everywhere.

Blizzard

Banned
Deadly said:
Are there any heroes similar to Sona? She's the only one that I play quite well so far.
In terms of being support, or in terms of not having to aim (besides the ult)? Soraka is a support champion who gives health and mana, and she has an auto-target area attack. Janna is a support champion who can shield and buff an ally, but you have to aim one of her attacks.

With both of them, you still have to click on people to do stuff.

bjaelke

Sona is quite unique with her auras and self-target spells. Some of her abilities to some extend can be found on other champions. The closest is probably Taric with Shurelia's.
Archie said:
Blitz has the 'haters gonna hate' strut. Awesome.
I'm getting an Inspector Gadget vibe from that picture.

dimb

The Graves skins are awful. Between Xerath and Graves it seems like they don't even try with the first set of skins released for a champion.

Mephala

Hi guys I'm a bit new could I ask for some tips for Kayle? I'm just going with recommended items at the moment but I seem to be both squishy and lacking in mana until quite late in the game.

I'm also interested in learning to jungle. Any advice/guides to who and how?

dimb

Mephala said:
Hi guys I'm a bit new could I ask for some tips for Kayle? I'm just going with recommended items at the moment but I seem to be both squishy and lacking in mana until quite late in the game.

I'm also interested in learning to jungle. Any advice/guides to who and how?
Run this for Kayle: http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=806

If you want to junlge you should really have runes geared for that. If you're just starting I consider Amumu, Yi, Warwick, Nunu, and Fiddlesticks to be cheap characters that can jungle well. If you want to spend more and play easy mode buy Nocturne.

Here is a very basic jungling guide: http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=4307
Achtius said:
Where does one see the Grave skins? I only see the halloween ones in the link =/
They were pulled.
Here: http://imgur.com/a/S8YqE

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Did they really just notice Gunblade is way too cost efficient for hybrid champs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom