• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrekt

bjaelke said:
Have you been online today? It's instant lock Xerath or first ban Xerath -> "Summoner X has left the game and you have been placed back in the queue"
Nope, won't get a chance to play till tonight. But I'm going to play SR in hopes of seeing one.

And then countering the piss out of him with Talon.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm glad for free Xerath week. I have yet to see a Xerath do really good. Their either free kills, or just relatively harmless. Reason I think this is, is because he has no defensive abilities to keep himself at maximum range where he's suppose to be. Once you're in on him, he's screwed unless he has a flash. I know that's what they though his passive would help alleviate, but it seems to do little for him.

Ferrio

Banned
Jenga said:
he's an artillery

of course he isn't running around like brand, that's not what he was made for

Right, but I'm saying artillery doesn't work good in this game far as a can tell. It's too easy to get in someone's face, and he has no way to put a gap between someone once they do.

AcridMeat

Banned
Ferrio said:
I'm glad for free Xerath week. I have yet to see a Xerath do really good. Their either free kills, or just relatively harmless. Reason I think this is, is because he has no defensive abilities to keep himself at maximum range where he's suppose to be. Once you're in on him, he's screwed unless he has a flash. I know that's what they though his passive would help alleviate, but it seems to do little for him.

Well I suppose if you see someone closing in you could try to get W off then cancel for the 30% haste. But yeah there really aren't any great defensive options.

bjaelke

Assuming he's rooted, there's the haste buff and his stun. You shouldn't get jumped during the laning phase, if you ward probably and once the team fights start, you have four champions protecting you from any harassment.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Xerath is useless. He doesn't do enough damage, its as simple as that. Reminds me of an AP version of Sivir. Range is annoying, but not really a threat unless you fuck up.

XeroSauce said:
You think I could jingle as Fiddle with no runes?

I have never jungled Fiddle before but from what I understand he is one of the most difficult and reliant on blue buff.

Easiest jungles I've done without runes are Gangplank, Cho'gath, Warwick, and Rammus.

Use the solomid jungle guides, they are mostly very good. You can always try and jungle Yi but it will be slow. Use the safest routes possible and don't start blue unless you have a reliable and strong leash.

bjaelke

I'm pretty sure you can jungle with Fiddlesticks even if you don't have any runes. All you need is a strong pull at blue. Masteries might be a problem. What level are you?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Cannon Barrage on dragon for vision, flash in and smite steal and pick up a double kill.
rV3S7.gif

I love Gangplank.

unifin

Mister Wilhelm said:
I have never jungled Fiddle before but from what I understand he is one of the most difficult and reliant on blue buff.

Easiest jungles I've done without runes are Gangplank, Cho'gath, Warwick, and Rammus.

Use the solomid jungle guides, they are mostly very good. You can always try and jungle Yi but it will be slow. Use the safest routes possible and don't start blue unless you have a reliable and strong leash.

If you get a solid pull it's not that bad at all - and as far as jungling is concerned fiddlesticks is one of the safest ones due to his amazing sustain.

dimb

After playing some Xerath in normals I went back to Annie in ranked and pretty much trashed the enemy team with super farm, multi-stuns, and AOE burst. Yeah...just going to stick to this 450 IP champ, thanks for trying Riot.

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
After playing some Xerath in normals I went back to Annie in ranked and pretty much trashed the enemy team with super farm, multi-stuns, and AOE burst. Yeah...just going to stick to this 450 IP champ, thanks for trying Riot.
Ranked? Do you feel that Annie is viable late game? I have felt like she becomes mostly useless except for stuns in long games due to low Annie HP and potential enemy magic resist despite void staff.

unifin

Blizzard said:
Ranked? Do you feel that Annie is viable late game? I have felt like she becomes mostly useless except for stuns in long games due to low Annie HP and potential enemy magic resist despite void staff.

she's not useless late-game at all. She's not the nightmare she is at lower levels, but her damage is still great. And a good Tibbers like a good mumu ult or crowstorm has the potential to turn games around even if you aren't the most fed member of the team.

dimb

Blizzard said:
Annie is still really strong late game, and because of her farm she can hit it faster than most other champions. I usually also feel like I have a lot of HP on Annie. Just go Rod of Ages first on her if you don't feel like you have enough. If your damage is trailing off end game then grab a Void Staff. Compared to other mages I think she's fairly useful in the end game because her team fight is so strong.

Swig_

I don't think I've ever seen this much gold farmed in one game before.. I had every item I wanted, all 3 elixirs and oracles and about 4K gold on hand.

rhwsf.jpg

Kod1ak said:
I don't think I've ever seen this much gold farmed in one game before.. I had every item I wanted, all 3 elixirs and oracles and about 4K gold on hand.

rhwsf.jpg

NO.

NO!

BAD!

STOP THAT, STOP GETTING BOOTS OF SWIFTNESS.

STOP - IT.

Swig_

Those boots were key to my score and victory.

They kept thinking "oh, just one more second and I'll catch him and he'll be dead"

5 seconds later... TRIPLE KILL.

unifin

Kod1ak said:
Those boots were key to my score and victory.

They kept thinking "oh, just one more second and I'll catch him and he'll be dead"

5 seconds later... TRIPLE KILL.

Manamune Nasus and glass cannon WW... I think you're just fine without building merc treads. lol

Swig_

unifin said:
Manamune Nasus and glass cannon WW... I think you're just fine without building merc treads. lol

I only build boots3 on Singed and Teemo when they're low on CC. Otherwise it's usually merc treads unless I'm playing an AP champ that needs the pen.

I build them on teemo because of my teemo build/tactics.. the speed is more important than CC reduction because of my playstyle.

Kod1ak said:
I only build boots3 on Singed and Teemo when they're low on CC. Otherwise it's usually merc treads unless I'm playing an AP champ that needs the pen.

I build them on teemo because of my teemo build/tactics.. the speed is more important than CC reduction because of my playstyle.

THIS MAKES MY BRAIN FULL OF FUCK, DO YOU KNOW THAT?

Mister Wilhelm said:

What about Nunu? Seems like he was made to jungle without runes.

dimb

FutureZombie said:
What about Nunu? Seems like he was made to jungle without runes.
Nunu is pretty blue reliant early game. I don't like doing blue without armor, but I guess it depends on how good the leash is.

I think Cho is probably the easiest jungle without runes, but his ganks are going to be hard.

I just had a quadrakill that would probably be on League Top 5 Plays if I had recorded it. 4v1 under a tower as Gangplank, I beat full health Shaco, Rammus, Xerath, and Lee Sin. It wasn't like they were switching focus to something else at the time either, they were all focusing me. I killed two of them off poison damage (one of which was on it's last tick after I had died). Pretty good game overall after starting 0-2.

w3bTL.png

LEGENDARY
LEGENDARY
LEGENDARY
LEGENDARY
LEGENDARY
LEGENDARY

It never gets old.

lolgamekogcarriedallthewayhome.png

Kod1ak said:

Fuckin' nice work.

dimb

cdyhybrid said:
Thinking of buying Shaco next, does he need runes to jungle effectively?
Your boxes do the bulk of the jungling, but you still need runes because Shaco is reliant on ganks early game.

But please...don't buy Shaco. Especially if you have IP for runes but haven't bought them yet.

Edit: Graves Patch Notes: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/graves-patch-notes

Raise Morale was nerfed because it is the best buff in the game, Talon regen nerfs, easy mode Kog nerfed.

Wrekt

I'm so glad they are changing the scoring on Dominion. I am always stuck with Eve's that jizz themselves over their personal score, yet they are completely fucking worthless.

Great, you neutralized a tower for 2 seconds. Too bad Talon gaped you before his attack animation even started. Now it's 4 vs 5 for half a minute while you sit in the time out corner and think about how bad your champ is.

dimb

The Skarner buffs are pretty big, especially the heal on kill. He could be big on top lane now.

Swig_

cdyhybrid said:
Thinking of buying Shaco next, does he need runes to jungle effectively?

Shaco is one of my top picks in Dominion, but I can't stand playing him in Summoners Rift. His jungle is also very technical. He's probably one of, if not the most, hardest to jungle with.

Blizzard

Banned
Those Talon regen nerfs sound significant. He was already pretty squishy.

I'm not exactly sure how to interpret the Riven Q change. Does this make broken wings always target the most recently targeted enemy, or something like that?

Swig_

Legato.Reborn- said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That was a joke, but seriously, I've tried every kind of boots on Teemo and they're the most effective. I usually run merc treads on most my other champs, but boots3 work in certain situations. Shouldn't rule them out entirely, all the time.

dimb

Blizzard said:
Those Talon regen nerfs sound significant. He was already pretty squishy.
Supposedly his regen rates were pretty insane in comparison to other champions. For a mana based champion Talon rarely has to worry about his mana bar even without building for it. I think they'll also have to increase the mana cost of his abilities down the road.

VaLiancY

I like these consectives patchs. Nothing excessive and they're slowly tweaking stuff. I like the Orianna buff, GP nerf (which is hopefully the last) and the Gunblade nerf(still a good item.)

Jenga

Banned
apparently graves has some hero interaction

fuckin hell riot, give us more of that shit

seriously, i don't care if it's a dota 2 ripoff, it's really nice and should be used

nasus and renekton def need it

Blizzard

Banned
It SEEMS like Riven's Q now targets a minion or champion under your mouse cursor if you're close enough, rather than always going forwards or towards where you clicked last. Maybe that was the change.

Ferga

I've been getting every new champ since Yorick but Graves doesn't look that good to me..

probably because i can't play ranged dps

legato's reactions to speed>tenacity = priceless

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Blizzard said:
It SEEMS like Riven's Q now targets a minion or champion under your mouse cursor if you're close enough, rather than always going forwards or towards where you clicked last. Maybe that was the change.
Always worked like that.

It's one of the worse parts of her Q actually, wastes travel distance if you're not careful.

dimb

I don't really have an AD carry I like, but Graves looks pretty appealing in the video.

cdyhybrid

Dance In My Blood said:
But please...don't buy Shaco. Especially if you have IP for runes but haven't bought them yet.

I was gonna wait until 20 to buy runes so I won't have to waste points on tier 2 runes that I'll replace in 4 levels. Guess I'll just stick with Warwick and Nasus for now and save my IP to splurge on runes at 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom