• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

What build are you running on her? I tried getting Mejai's Soulstealer on Soraka because it's such a cheap item and thus affordable for a support champion. At first I got a few "wtf noob", but when they saw how easy it was to secure assists (stacks), they started to appreciate the item as well. I'm only going for it if I can see that the game is going to be even or in our favor. The cooldown reduction from a fully stacked Mejai's Soulstealer enables you to buy Mercury's Treads (assuming you went for Shurelia's).

LCGeek

formerly sane
bjaelke said:
What build are you running on her? I tried getting Mejai's Soulstealer on Soraka because it's such a cheap item and thus affordable for a support champion. At first I got a few "wtf noob", but when they saw how easy it was to secure assists (stacks), they started to appreciate the item as well. I'm only going for it if I can see that the game is going to be even or in our favor. The cooldown reduction from a fully stacked Mejai's Soulstealer enables you to buy Mercury's Treads (assuming you went for Shurelia's).

A good soraka makes sense with me considering she is a support that isn't dying. My friend bludstanes gets that and levianthan at times simply because with a good team it becomes hard to get at her.

Very few items are useless in LOL. A lot of the better solid designed ones are just waiting for opportunity to be used in such a fashion.

Rawk Hawk

Got to level 5 last night, only played verse bots and regularly got my butt kicked.. I started to get comfortable towards the end with Soraka, so thinking today I might try out someone different. I think on a non-bot team though, Soraka's ability to give MP and HP would be a lot more useful. My bots didn't seem to really use their abilities. =\

Jenga

Banned
thoughts on graves:

has really long CDs and short attack range

tried AS build on him, the short range made it suck huge balls

seems to need to stack a blade or two for early game survivability

Q: it's fine
W: needs to have a bigger radius, otherwise does its job alright and with Q makes him a good farmer
E: long ass CD for a REALLY short dash. tried AS on him since the CD goes lower the more he attacks but it didn't work out at all
R: also seems fine, does nice damage

all-in-all a bit underwhelming

i feel like they're gonna buff his CD's
triforce seems core on him, he benefits in every single way from it
he might see his base stats increase a bit

rune-wise:
he NEEDS arpen reds
he benefits from flat manaregen yellow
blues are whatever, flat CDR or mr/lvl seem fine
quints are either MS, HP, ArPen, AD

basically generic ad runes

Blizzard

Banned
Rawk Hawk said:
Got to level 5 last night, only played verse bots and regularly got my butt kicked.. I started to get comfortable towards the end with Soraka, so thinking today I might try out someone different. I think on a non-bot team though, Soraka's ability to give MP and HP would be a lot more useful. My bots didn't seem to really use their abilities. =\
Bot games are fine for learning how abilities work, or getting win of the day, or trying out a new jungle route, but they're probably bad for practicing a support champion unless you have at least one human teammate to heal/buff. Just my guess.

Rawk Hawk

Blizzard said:
Bot games are fine for learning how abilities work, or getting win of the day, or trying out a new jungle route, but they're probably bad for practicing a support champion unless you have at least one human teammate to heal/buff. Just my guess.
That's kind of how I felt playing last night as well, think I'm going to give a mage characer a go tonight, Cho'Gath is what I'm thinking.

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone have any idea what this means?

Riven

Broken Wings
Now counts as an attack command when you use it to lock-onto a target.
Slightly extended duration of collision ignoring with minions after using this ability

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
Anyone have any idea what this means?
No, I asked earlier in the thread, and played a bot game with her last night, but I couldn't figure it out.

Side note, I was going to try your sword of the occult strategy before/after phage, but the bot game ended too soon. :p

Achtius

Blizzard said:
No, I asked earlier in the thread, and played a bot game with her last night, but I couldn't figure it out.

Side note, I was going to try your sword of the occult strategy before/after phage, but the bot game ended too soon. :p

because patch was implemented today and not yesterday :p

Goon Boon

Banned
Archie said:
Halloween quints are a go. 24 HP for 995 IP. (Compared to 26 HP for 2050 IP normally)
Christmas runes apparently are 66% of normal cost for special yet identical to normal t3 runes, rather than 2.5 tier runes.

Jenga

Banned
AcridMeat said:
Thanks for the impressions. Think I'll still get him and play Dominion then.
He's worth it. He's a great pusher in lane, and throughout the game he's a very mobile mid-range bully

Jenga

Banned
I'm looking over the forums and everyone seems to be whining about the fact that Graves has a dash.

People, he's not freakin nidalee. It has like a 10 second CD, is a VERY short dash, and if he's using it to run away it's not that great because he has to auto-attack to get the reduced CD, which he isn't going to do if he's RUNNING AWAY.

Riot is very shrewd for making the dash more offensive oriented than others

Ferrio

Banned
Oh figured out what the Riven change means. It's not really nerf.

Basically since it counts as an attack command, she'll automatically target the person you were aiming for after the move is done.

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
Oh figured out what the Riven change means. It's not really nerf.

Basically since it counts as an attack command, she'll automatically target the person you were aiming for after the move is done.
Did you figure out whether it procs on-hit stuff, and whether we're supposed to now build triforce (tm) on her?

*reluctantly puts nerfrage away*

Ferrio

Banned
Blizzard said:
Did you figure out whether it procs on-hit stuff, and whether we're supposed to now build triforce (tm) on her?

*reluctantly puts nerfrage away*

No, don't think it does any of that. Just a minor change. Basically means you don't have to right click the person right after your Q, since it auto targets now.

The proc on hit stuff is a pipe dream. A tiamat would be fucking brutal.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I keep winning in ranked, and I feel like I'm just waiting for the game to swing back on me with some giant lose streak.

Ferrio said:
No, don't think it does any of that. Just a minor change. Basically means you don't have to right click the person right after your Q, since it auto targets now.

The proc on hit stuff is a pipe dream. A tiamat would be fucking brutal.

or building crit, it'd be like parrley but over and over and over.

Ferrio

Banned
Worst thing in this game is playing as support, but the person you're laning with is so stupid they don't deserve to be supported.

dimb

Ferrio said:
Worst thing in this game is playing as support, but the person you're laning with is so stupid they don't deserve to be supported.
This is when you just say "fuck it", and become AP Soraka.

AcridMeat

Banned
Just played a few games with Graves, I like him. First game I wasn't much for dealing killing blows but I only died once, which rarely happens. Something like 4/1/13.

Ark

God dammit, when is Riot going to release the Arctic Warfare Caitlyn skin onto the store? :(

The more I play Caitlyn, the more I enjoy her.

brian!

Ferrio said:

when the jungler thinks that their role is just to lane in the jungle

brian! said:
when the jungler thinks that their role is just to lane in the jungle

This makes me the most sad. Just because we can't kill the person doesn't mean you shouldn't gank at all. It can help to keep them honest.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
bjaelke said:
60 min game and we let Nasus free farm all the time. gg.

edit: oh, it worked out :D
Nasus still has the weakness of being kited extremely easily. Even if you let him free farm. He's still very manageable.

So nice playing a game as Veigar when you have a good tank and no one attacks you during team fights. Just hanging back and nuking people back to the Stone Age.

bjaelke

shintoki said:
Nasus still has the weakness of being kited extremely easily. Even if you let him free farm. He's still very manageable.
Somewhat manageable. He was able to 2-shot me with a SS, Wither, Exhaust, Flash, SS combo.

dimb

shintoki said:
Depends on the Nasus. I can crush teams pretty hard on him, even fairly early into the game.

Ark

ZoEWO.png

Ok, now THIS was both my final and best game of the night. Ended up bottom with Alister and just dominated from there on out. Damage output was insane o___o

Played a few guys with the new champ on dominion today. Greaves is ok. Good burst. Probably a C+/B- tier AD carry.

The Kog nerf is annoying. Not particularly effective in any way, but I do have to watch my W meter closer.

Deadly

My friend just played a game as Graves and ended up with like 24k gold and 450 minion kills. He had crazy damage at the end, forgot how many kills he got though.

So annoyed right now. The exact Morg skin I want is on sale, but I can't get it yet. It needs to do a permanent price drop, THEN do a 50% off sale. Otherwise I'll never spend with 350 Riot gave me back in the day.

Ferga

EskimoJoe said:
So annoyed right now. The exact Morg skin I want is on sale, but I can't get it yet. It needs to do a permanent price drop, THEN do a 50% off sale. Otherwise I'll never spend with 350 Riot gave me back in the day.

support the game and buy some rp..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom