• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Since I'm pretty ignorant of the whole rune metagame or whatnot, what is the advantage of holiday runes? Are they just a better deal than other runes even though they're tier 2? Are health quints (for instance) a good idea if I'm just wanting one or two general rune pages that work for most champions?

Blizzard said:
Since I'm pretty ignorant of the whole rune metagame or whatnot, what is the advantage of holiday runes? Are they just a better deal than other runes even though they're tier 2? Are health quints (for instance) a good idea if I'm just wanting one or two general rune pages that work for most champions?

Health quints are great, they work for anyone doing anything.

Halloween runes are like 450IP for a +85% whatever while normal quints are 1050IP for +100%.

Just a great deal.

What I did was buy 3 health quints and then fill in my red blues and yellows for jungle, ad, and ap.

Now I'm getting the quints for each.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Blizzard said:
Yes, holiday runes are just super cheap and nearly as effective. Health quints are a very strong general rune. Everyone wants to live longer, and those times you walk away with just a few HP you'll have your HP runes to thank.

I am pretty partial to movespeed runes though. They're good both offensively and defensively, but their usefulness is obviously going to be diminished in direct confrontations.

Repgnar

Going to pick up the dodge runes for Udyr jungle. Almost have all the yellow dodge runes I need and was not looking forward to spending another 6k IP on 4.5% dodge. After that i'll probably pick up 3 of each of the 495 IP runes for general builds.

I've been insulted more playing LoL during the last 3 weeks than in every other area of my life over 26 years. When will online gaming begin to divide the player base up by age? I want a 25+ matchmaking option.

Maybe the insult are coming from adults, but I would bet the majority of the people that ruin the community are teenagers.

dimb

Blizzard said:
I like him for jungling, since flash and his ult works well if you have good teammates. Plus you can try to chase and howl at people!
I just find him very dull to jungle as because of how auto-attack based he is. Turn on the attack speed steroid and congrats, you're jungling.

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
I just find him very dull to jungle as because of how auto-attack based he is. Turn on the attack speed steroid and congrats, you're jungling.
The easier the better! Q occasionally. I need easy champions. :D

*edit* I just realized that jungle Riven is perfect for you. Buy her, press lots of buttons in the jungle, and thank me later.

cdyhybrid

Dance In My Blood said:
Why did I buy Warwick? Oh my god so boring.

I like him, but I play him in the lane since I don't have runes for super-effective jungling. I get some mana regen early on and spam Q. Work my way towards Wit's End and Bloodrazor later on.

Disclaimer: I am low level and only play pubs :D

dimb

Blizzard said:
The easier the better! Q occasionally. I need easy champions. :D

*edit* I just realized that jungle Riven is perfect for you. Buy her, press lots of buttons in the jungle, and thank me later.
Not really interested in playing a champion where I handicap myself like Riven. I have a lot of character to jungle with, I just prefer to have to at least pay attention to what I'm doing. With Warwick I can literally just look around at whatever I feel like on the map while I'm killing a camp.
cdyhybrid said:
I like him, but I play him in the lane since I don't have runes for super-effective jungling. I get some mana regen early on and spam Q. Work my way towards Wit's End and Bloodrazor later on.

Disclaimer: I am low level and only play pubs :D
I haven't seen him too much in lane at higher levels. WW's place usually ends up being top, and I don't really see him as a very good match up for the opponents who usually take top, but I'll still see some strong ones every once in awhile. I have a lot of champs I run top already between Nasus, Cho, Yorick, Gangplank, Jax and Morgana, who are all really fun to play. I should probably take WW into lane, but it's kind of hard to choose him over the other options I have available.

Entwain

Graves is insanely fun, after all the ranged ad champs I've played this one finally clicks, best so far was 24/1/12 i think, too lazy to look at the profile. Hes a beast, but I'll bet his passive gets nerfed a few seconds. It builds up very fast in all fights, even farming minions..

bjaelke

Those AP quintessences are really good value. Only 0.39 AP less than tier 3 and at half the price. With most caster champions have ability ratios below 1.0, the difference will be even less. 13.68 AP vs. 14.85 AP.

wowzors

Devestated that Talon got nerfed, dont really see how is health/mana regen were OP, but whatever I can overlook it. I only spent 20k ip on making my rune page for him and trundle :( Live and Learn and deal with them buffing Shaco I guess (wtf?).

Rawk Hawk

So last night played some Coop vs AI, mainly played as Soraka since everyone in my rooms were taking melee/mages, figured someone should play a support role.

What a blast, ended like every game with 1-2 kills, 3-4 deaths, and 15-19 assist. haha

Safe to say I'm hooked for a while. Ashe and Soraka are still the only two I'm good at playing though. I was horrid on Cho'Gath.

EDIT: By the way, if anyone wants their own personal Soraka following them everywhere my summoners name is Watari13.

Ark

First normal game of the day (patch his EU West today too):

Me & my friend pick Caitlyn & Alistar respectively, some guy insta-locks Graves and someone picks Kog'maw and Irelia. Then Kog changes to jungle fiddle saying 'I've never jungled before'.

Not taking the risk, dodged like a ninja.

Deadly

Rawk Hawk said:
So last night played some Coop vs AI, mainly played as Soraka since everyone in my rooms were taking melee/mages, figured someone should play a support role.

What a blast, ended like every game with 1-2 kills, 3-4 deaths, and 15-19 assist. haha

Safe to say I'm hooked for a while. Ashe and Soraka are still the only two I'm good at playing though. I was horrid on Cho'Gath.

EDIT: By the way, if anyone wants their own personal Soraka following them everywhere my summoners name is Watari13.
What's the fun in playing vs AI? =/

Rawk Hawk

Deadly said:
What's the fun in playing vs AI? =/
I dunno, I had fun. Of course I've only played like 5 games now, 3 were coop vs ai, the other 2 or 3 we me and bots vs bots. Just trying to find a champion I like before trying other players I guess, since I'm like 2 years late to this party.

Either way, it was still fairly fun.

Wrekt

Playing vs AI is the way to go until you start getting close to level 10. The MOBA community is just too volatile to jump in earlier than that.

Deadly

Wrekt said:
Playing vs AI is the way to go until you start getting close to level 10. The MOBA community is just too volatile to jump in earlier than that.
My friend and I were matchmaking with our other level30 friend when we started :lol Just have to find a hero you enjoy and play well and you're good. I guess going through a guide and getting tips is good.

Gets boring always playing the same hero though. I've tried some of last week's free ones and didn't really enjoy. Think I'm more of the support type. Whoever suggested Soraka to me, thanks. I definitely enjoy playing her. I heard her CD was nerfed bad though, it takes so long to heal.

bjaelke

Holy f*ck Morgana, Katarina and Alistar is a dangerous combo. First Morgana flashes in and uses her ultimate on as many enemies as possible. Then Alistar flashes in and stuns everyone with pulverize so they stay in Morgana's ultimate for the entire duration and thus gets stunned for a longer period. Katarina follows immediately after Alistar with her Death Lotus and secures another(!) penta kill. Morgana's Black Shield and Alistar's heal helped keep her alive on both occasions.
Achtius said:
:O

holy crap.

Where is this?
Singapore, Taiwan, Philippines, Vietnam and Malaysia.

Jenga

Banned
I can't get over how good Graves is at he does.

Mid-range skirmisher is so fun

At long range he can't do anything except maybe hit you with blowback from ult, and if you get too close his dash is way too vulnerable to get out of anything, but his Q will do more damage.

Just an all-around great champ with a great kit.

I'm running him with movespeed quints and it works great. Being that his game is so centered around keeping the enemy the right amount away, I think he really does need the extra MS

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
Not really interested in playing a champion where I handicap myself like Riven. I have a lot of character to jungle with, I just prefer to have to at least pay attention to what I'm doing. With Warwick I can literally just look around at whatever I feel like on the map while I'm killing a camp.
That sounds like you're handicapping yourself playing other champions then. You say you don't want to handicap yourself, yet you also want to have to micromanage killing MONSTERS, of all things? :^P

Just admit it, you have an anti-wolf agenda!

Ark

Which champions would you guys consider the most viable for jungling? I keep hearing that Rammus, Trundle and Udyr are good, but I can only afford one atm.

Ark said:
Which champions would you guys consider the most viable for jungling? I keep hearing that Rammus, Trundle and Udyr are good, but I can only afford one atm.

What do you mean by viable? Easy to play or best at high competitive play?

Ark

Mister Wilhelm said:
What do you mean by viable? Easy to play or best at high competitive play?

The "best" junglers I guess. I'm not bothered by a learning curve, learning the best part. Jungling is the only thing I haven't really had a chance to try and I'm raring to try it so I don't have to lane with the morons I sometimes get in soloQ.

Achtius said:
fiddle, amumu, lee sin

Amumu is almost always banned in the draft pick games that I play :(

Blizzard

Banned
I don't know much about anything, but I figure fiddlesticks, nocturne, warwick, amumu, lee sin, rammus, udyr, xin are common decent junglers. Some of them are cheaper than others.

I'd say Nocturne, Lee Sin, Udyr, and Amumu are probably the strongest characters that can jungle.

Rammus is very good as well.

Gangplank I'm not so supportive of after the nerf. Had a few games with him last night and didn't feel as good.

Not sure about Skarner post-buffs. Haven't seen any.

Trundle is making a good case for himself as of late.

Blizzard

Banned
Mister Wilhelm said:
Gangplank I'm not so supportive of after the nerf. Had a few games with him last night and didn't feel as good.
RAGE. Everyone claimed he was such an OP hero, and I was never effective with him. Instead I've been using Riven which is apparently handicapping myself.

Who's an OP champion that I should use who won't be nerfed? ;_;

Achtius

Blizzard said:
RAGE. Everyone claimed he was such an OP hero, and I was never effective with him. Instead I've been using Riven which is apparently handicapping myself.

Talon, he just got nerfed so probably wont' get nerf anytime soon :p

Cheeto

Blizzard said:

Annie

Ark

Mister Wilhelm said:
I'd say Nocturne, Lee Sin, Udyr, and Amumu are probably the strongest characters that can jungle.

These are the four I'm considering trying atm, with Trundle. I'll wait to see what the new rotation brings next week.

Blizzard said:

Probably Udyr. Lee Sin just got a few slight nerfs but he's much harder to use imo.

Amumu hasn't been touched in a long time but he's pretty boring to use to me.

Blizzard

Banned
Achtius said:
Talon, he just got nerfed so probably wont' get nerf anytime soon :p
Talon is OP after the nerf? Anyway he's 6300 so he doesn't count.

Cheeto said:
She got nerfed too, and I think I've mentioned this a few times -- I used to be okay with her, but almost invariably the last 2, or 4, or 13 times I've used her, I've been terrible. I save the stuns for champions so I end up not farming much, when I use the full combo on enemy teams I only do 25-50% damage and then I get killed and no one dies, I'm useless endgame except to stun, that sort of thing.

Udyr seems effective but I know someone who uses him.

bjaelke

Cassiopeia. People don't play her that much outside competitive tournaments, so they're not aware of her capabilities + she's allegedly hard to master.

Cheeto

Blizzard said:
Talon is OP after the nerf? Anyway he's 6300 so he doesn't count.

She got nerfed too, and I think I've mentioned this a few times -- I used to be okay with her, but almost invariably the last 2, or 4, or 13 times I've used her, I've been terrible. I save the stuns for champions so I end up not farming much, when I use the full combo on enemy teams I only do 25-50% damage and then I get killed and no one dies, I'm useless endgame except to stun, that sort of thing.

Udyr seems effective but I know someone who uses him.
When did Annie get nerfed? I've been using her with success since early beta never had problems... I don't really pay attention to patch notes...

Blizzard

Banned
Cheeto said:
When did Annie get nerfed? I've been using her with success since early beta never had problems... I don't really pay attention to patch notes...
I think there was a very slight nerf to her Q or W like a month ago. It probably wasn't much, I'm just not good with her.

Anyway, the natural conclusion of this OP discussion is that I should stick with Riven and Teemo. =D

Cheeto

Play with whoever you want... most likely you need to get better at things not related to the champion you're playing. Map-awareness, game sense, farm, etc

It's the same mentality in SC2, if you can't beat a 4-gate as zerg, you don't switch to Terran, you fucking learn how to scout and defeat the 4gate.

dimb

Rammus is a very specialized jungler. I wouldn't take him as your base jungling character.
Cheeto said:
I'm not sure I would say she was nerfed. Her AP ratios were buffed then brought back down a little. Pretty sure she's still stronger than she was before the buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom