• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bjaelke said:
Cassiopeia. People don't play her that much outside competitive tournaments, so they're not aware of her capabilities + she's allegedly hard to master.

She's really, really hard to play correctly.

The constant skillshotting plus having to make perfect decisions with miasma placement can be stressful.

On the plus side, she's not like Annie or Brand where if you miss your chain in a team fight it could mean you're useless for the next 5-9 seconds. She can constantly output high damage.

Dance In My Blood said:
Rammus is a very specialized jungler. I wouldn't take him as your base jungling character.

Hitting defensive ball curl and auto-attacking is pretty hard.

Ferrio

Banned
Mister Wilhelm said:
She's really, really hard to play correctly.

The constant skillshotting plus having to make perfect decisions with miasma placement can be stressful.

<3 Cass. One of my first heros. Ya she's easily the hardest character I've played as. You're constantly doing something. Her ult turns around teamfights, it's amazing.

Swig_

Mister Wilhelm said:
Hitting defensive ball curl and auto-attacking is pretty hard.

I think that he means hes not similar to any other junglers, and you have to gear/rune him right to be efficient. Also, learning to gank with him is priority and calling for assistance for an early dragon.

There's more to jungling than autoattacking creeps.

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
<3 Cass. One of my first heros. Ya she's easily the hardest character I've played as. You're constantly doing something. Her ult turns around teamfights, it's amazing.
Does her ult (stuns champions in a cone) offer additional advantages over ults from champions such as malphite (knock up champions in a zone), galio (taunts champions in a huge zone), amumu (stuns/snares champions in a huge zone), or annie (stuns champions in a cone/zone)?

*edit* Sona has a zone stun too. I suspect the answer may be that Cass is better than any of these champions in a teamfight.

Jenga

Banned
if graves get hit by a nerf I only can see in two areas

Q - probably a slight ratio nerf.
E - tone down the AS bonus

otherwise he's fine

he has some REALLY long ass CDs to balance him out

Ferrio

Banned
Blizzard said:
Does her ult (stuns champions in a cone) offer additional advantages over ults from champions such as malphite (knock up champions in a zone), galio (taunts champions in a huge zone), amumu (stuns/snares champions in a huge zone), or annie (stuns champions in a cone/zone)?

Don't think so, probably worse since they have to be facing you for it to stun. But the fact she's an AP caster who's getting an ability tanks usually get... that's pretty unique.

Cheeto

Blizzard said:

*edit* Sona has a zone stun too. I suspect the answer may be that Cass is better than any of these champions in a teamfight.
Not really, but Malph, Galio, and Amumu fill different roles and can synergize well with Cass. And Annie is a burst AP champion and Cass is a more sustainable damage AP champion, both have their places.

zYTQz.jpg

Doing some 5s with Rayven.

bjaelke

Cassiopeia usually has more AP compared to most of those champions (Annie aside), so her damage from the ultimate is more significant. The AoE is also bigger than Annie's and it lasts 0.5 seconds longer than Sona's.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Kod1ak said:
I think that he means hes not similar to any other junglers, and you have to gear/rune him right to be efficient. Also, learning to gank with him is priority and calling for assistance for an early dragon.

Yes, this. I was also reffering to the fact that Rammus is really best against AD heavy team comps. If the enemy team has a lot of AP champions Rammus is kind of an awkward choice.
bjaelke said:
Cassiopeia usually has more AP compared to most of those champions (Annie aside), so her damage from the ultimate is more significant. The AoE is also bigger than Annie's and it lasts 0.5 seconds longer than Sona's.
The thing about Cassiopeia's ult is that the stun can be inconsistent. There were even times at IEM recently where pro Cass players could only get the slow instead of the stun. With Annie your stun is very consistent. I don't know why the other champions are being brought up in comparison to Annie, as they serve vastly different roles and don't have her damage output. Her stun is also not reliant on a long cooldown ultimate, so you're going to see it come up multiple times in certain team fight situations, and it can also be used well as an escape tool.

Edit: Oh, you were comparing Cass stun to others. Nevermind.

bjaelke

I think the inconsistency has to do with how you use it. The other stuns are often used as initiates, but Cassiopeia's is much better when they are committed to the fight. If they get a lock on you, they wont have time to turn around (0.5 second cast animation).

Kod1ak said:

I know, I'm just kidding around.

bjaelke

Skarner seems to be a pretty decent jungler following his buffs. Just played with him on a team that turned out to be pure ad against an ap team including ap Warwick
KuGsj.gif

I love these team compositions that breaks with the current meta game. I was bot against Sona and Lee Sin with a roaming Pantheon helping both solo lanes. Notice how Skarner had the second highest CS after me despite being the only jungler in the game.

VLAMz.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Jenga said:
holy shit riven is op
Why/what items/equal levels/what situation?

Ferrio said:
Shhh... I'm trying to keep this on the down low here... I don't wanna see my girlie nerfed :(
No one uses her in competition, she only seems to work in the jungle or a dual lane in certain circumstances, and the neogaf thread just mentioned that using her is handicapping oneself (at least in the jungle).

WHOM DO I BELIEVE, FERRIO?!

Achtius

Blizzard said:
Why/what items/equal levels/what situation?

No one uses her in competition, she only seems to work in the jungle or a dual lane in certain circumstances, and the neogaf thread just mentioned that using her is handicapping oneself (at least in the jungle).

lol riven.

Ark

Jenga said:
his barrel is so avoidable he needs the burst to be useful

This is true, but when he turns up slightly late to a team fight in mid and just ulti's five people on low health.

QQ's follow.

Achtius

Ark said:
This is true, but when he turns up slightly late to a team fight in mid and just ulti's five people on low health.

QQ's follow.

he is quite strong, but i am unable to use him at all. :(

i am bad with every ap champ I own tho.

Ark

Achtius said:
he is quite strong, but i am unable to use him at all. :(

i am bad with every ap champ I own tho.

The only proper AP champion that I own is Xerath and I only use him when we need a mid-mage, otherwise I'll try to play someone else.

Although I'm getting kinda bored of my current champion pool so I'm hoping the new rotation brings in some decent new champs that I can try & have fun with :)

Achtius

Ferrio said:
Hush you, didn't see you complaining about her when you were laning with me! Of course that Leblanc sucked...

Just because you were handicapped with crappy champ doesn't necessarily mean you'll feed :p.

Also lol at that leblanc.

wowzors

Been playing trundle for a while, great jungle, although runes and masteries are a must. Currently have 9 marks desolation (armor pen) cool down glyphs and armor pen quints. Seals for crit chance masteries 1/20/9

Ferrio

Banned
Blizzard said:

Should also ask, you're rocking runes/masteries right?

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
Should also ask, you're rocking runes/masteries right?
Yeah, I have like +20000 armor pens, and some sort of other stuff too. I want to buy mana regen as a general investment, but collective neogaf tells me (in the form of some guy earlier) that I should buy the Halloween health quints and (in the form of Achtius) that Riven is terrible no matter how well you do, so clearly runes won't help me!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I just started playing and was wondering your opinion. I have like 900-something IP and I liked Garen the one time I played as him. Is he actually good? Should I save up for him or buy one of the initial 8 champions. If so, which?

dave is ok said:
I just started playing and was wondering your opinion. I have like 900-something IP and I liked Garen the one time I played as him. Is he actually good? Should I save up for him or buy one of the initial 8 champions. If so, which?

Garen is amazing early game but not viable in every match up. I bought him and play him every ten games or so. He's awesome on Twisted Treeline because the game rarely gets to the point where he falls off.

Achtius

Blizzard said:
Yeah, I have like +20000 armor pens, and some sort of other stuff too. I want to buy mana regen as a general investment, but collective neogaf tells me (in the form of some guy earlier) that I should buy the Halloween health quints and (in the form of Achtius) that Riven is terrible no matter how well you do, so clearly runes won't help me!

get runes

Being terrible with runes is better than horrendous without.

Blizzard said:

Buy the ability power, armor pen, and health holiday quints, three of each if you can.

It's well, well worth the 4.5k IP.

Blizzard

Banned
I do not have that many IPs. If I were to buy only for say, Riven/Caitlyn/Gangplank/Teemo, would they need the HP or the move speed or the LARPing? Presumably they don't need many AP quints.

Achtius

Blizzard said:
I do not have that many IPs. If I were to buy only for say, Riven/Caitlyn/Gangplank/Teemo, would they need the HP or the move speed or the LARPing? Presumably they don't need many AP quints.

Get armor pen mark, flat armor or mana regen per level seal, magic resist per level or cooldown reduction per level glyph, and armor pen quint

dimb

Blizzard said:
One HP quint and two movespeed quints is pro territory.

dimb

Blizzard said:
Is this sarcasm or not? I was just told to get armor penetration quints, so I can't tell. =P
Totally serious.

ARP quints are good, but not really the best thing you want. Even on the AD carries people were running at IEM people were running flat damage quints instead on most champions. HP and movespeed are good all purpose quints.

Achtius

Jazzy Network said:
Hey look. Acthius 2 more KS.

First kill. I saved akali from being killed.
Second kill. I don't remember.

Remember when you(or someone) said jungle getting no appreciation, neither does sona, who i might add, supported u the whole game and get accused of ks >=(

also ks= kill secured (as someone said) :p

dimb

shintoki said:
That Nasus build took 5 years off my life
I had an AP Nasus on my team the other day.

We won, but I wouldn't exactly attribute any of that to him.

dimb

Shurelia's is the new it item on Nasus. CDR is the key to turning Nasus into a god, and Philostone is a good starter item for farming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom