• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achtius

SonaKS.png

Rizzle, i got 7 more kills with Sona. Tally it up please!

Blizzard

Banned
cait4zugr.png

In memory of pre-nerf Caitlyn. ;_; Not a great game since the other team was bad, but a good game as far as I usually do. Twitch died at least twice thanks to walking into my traps while cloaked and getting murdered by my team.

Blizzard

Banned
Seriously though, if they nerf Caitlyn's range, that leaves Kogmaw and Xerath with even longer range, right? They didn't nerf Kogmaw's range, just the duration of the range extension, so shouldn't they be able to cause whatever problems Caitlyn did?

Achtius

Blizzard said:
[i mg]http://www.abload.de/img/cait4zugr.png[/img]

In memory of pre-nerf Caitlyn. ;_; Not a great game since the other team was bad, but a good game as far as I usually do. Twitch died at least twice thanks to walking into my traps while cloaked and getting murdered by my team.

you didn't invite me this time. DRAMAAAAAA DUN DUN DUNNNN.

Inskipp

Blizzard said:
Seriously though, if they nerf Caitlyn's range, that leaves Kogmaw and Xerath with even longer range, right?
Plenty of other long-range options

Ezreal
Corki
Tristana

And if we're gonna include casters:

Cassiopeia
Brand
Orianna

There are probably a couple of others I'm forgetting.

Blizzard

Banned
Achtius said:
you didn't invite me this time. DRAMAAAAAA DUN DUN DUNNNN.
:O

I didn't realize that you'd had the "Not Here" status on the friends list for the last week straight. I figured you might be busy! (also, I hadn't played a game with you right before it)

No court in the land would convict me!

Inskipp said:
Plenty of other long-range options

Ezreal
Corki
Tristana

And if we're gonna include casters:

Cassiopeia
Brand
Orianna
The thought of Ezreal being better than Caitlyn makes me die a little inside.

Kyaw

Fucking hell, finally won a match with Gragas. I've been put with shitty teams or put against higher level teams since Monday T_T

I'm loving this guy though, so much survivability and AP damage.
And i think i've actually overcome my fear of dying... ><

Blizzard

Banned
Does anyone have advice for 3v3 people? I got 21000+ gold with Caitlyn, had 399 AD, but couldn't do much anything against thornmail + thornmail + sion stun + rammus taunt + occasional Morgana snare.

I think if our team had more CC we could have picked one of them off, but we just had the Malz ult and Skarner ult besides my abilities.

Blizzard

Banned
solblade00 said:
Free 10-win IP boosts for everyone. Thank god they're win-based. Too busy these days, mostly make it in for first win.
Is there a link to describe this? I hadn't heard of it.

Also, just had what was probably my best warwick game yet:
warwick_19pao.png

Unfortunately even with 12 more kills we lost the game when they blew our nexus up. We sucked at pushing lanes even with voicechat, and Irelia was SUPER hard to kill. Also, is guardian angel a good choice to replace wriggles? I ran out of things to buy. I figured that was a better idea than bloodthirster.

Played maybe 30 vs scrub ai's, finally got the balls up to really queue tonight. Oh, fuck. Victory is one hell of a word, especially when you know you micro'ed well. I'm not sure how I did overall, but my decent k/d when they surrendered fuckin.. it feels fucking awesome.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Achtius said:
wait thye gave ppl 350rp b4? fuuu
i wantthat :"(
Every bad downtime, they ended up giving a boost. I think I had to of got half a dozen+. Everything from 3 wins, 1 day, 10 wins, etc.

Then around the same time every hero become 6300 and the 4800 category was brought in. They dried up.

Kozak

Banned
Blizzard said:
Seriously though, if they nerf Caitlyn's range, that leaves Kogmaw and Xerath with even longer range, right? They didn't nerf Kogmaw's range, just the duration of the range extension, so shouldn't they be able to cause whatever problems Caitlyn did?

What?

Riot members said in that thread topic that was linked to earlier in this thread that Caitlyns range wasn't getting nerfed.

Where are you reading that shes getting nerfed?

Wrekt

Just queue'd for a game where 3 people insta-locked 3 different junglers and then argued about who had to lane. All 3 were still running smite as the timer ran out. I dodged and came back to a 15 minute wait time.

wtf I thought queue dodging was 5 minutes.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Wrekt said:
Just queue'd for a game where 3 people insta-locked 3 different junglers and then argued about who had to lane. All 3 were still running smite as the timer ran out. I dodged and came back to a 15 minute wait time.

wtf I thought queue dodging was 5 minutes.

It stacks up if you do it twice within a certain period of time. If you dodge use the cheat I mentioned and no penalty will happen.

Blizzard

Banned
Kozak said:
What?

Riot members said in that thread topic that was linked to earlier in this thread that Caitlyns range wasn't getting nerfed.

Where are you reading that shes getting nerfed?
The thread said in regard to Caitlyn "long-range is the dominant bottom lane that's pushing other options out - and we're fixing that.". Someone else said that Riot likes to contradict themselves, if they had ever mentioned not nerfing Caitlyn's range in the past.

I just lost my second game of the day where my team had about 10+ more kills than the other team. That after my Warwick loss going 15/0/15. I just want a win...I'm gonna be like 60 more losses than wins by the end of the weekend. ;_;

Touch

It feels like just yesterday my friends were making fun of me for playing this game. Two years later, they all are playing and are addicted.

brian!

JesseZao said:
I'll do it once I get home tonight.

Trying to figure out a good dps build for Nasus. Would it be bad to go for an all CDR build?

To my understanding:
Since you will normally be soloing top, staying there, and farming your q (I like to get teleport for dragon and counter-ganks) you will initially want some sort of sustainability. If the lane is pressing you too hard put a couple of points in Spirit Fire so your tower doesn't die immediately.

Sustainability usually means a philo stone, sometimes I like to get a heart of gold too if I can afford both on the first trip back. Those are pretty helpful if your lane is punishing you for last hitting. Usually for Nasus the rule is triforce -> tanky items; if you would like cdr you can pick up a kindlegem -> shurelias and a glacial -> frozen heart. I tend to wait a bit to get shurelias unless I'm really missing the movement boost, instead just picking up a kindlegem for health and cdr. All your damage is from your farmed q and bossing around in your ult. Because your ult gives health its better to get resist tank items.

Obviously though if, for example, their entire team is AP or something crazy, don't bother with glacial. CDR comes secondary to strutting around in your ult during team fights and appropriate tank items do that much better. You asked for a DPS build and I'm telling you tanky nasus does more dps than ad/ap nasus.

Dance In My Blood said:
Kindlegem is a piece of Shurelia's.

I know. But getting Shurelia's first means you spent money on getting Shurelia's first. I am suggesting to someone with surviving issues to get the health/cdr component of Shurelia's and then investing the Shurelia completion money into buying an armor/cdr item as a way to better stay alive. In retrospect you can certainly make many escapes with Shurelia's active, but in most ganks they usually perma cc you; in this situation more armor is > movespeed.

Blizzard

Banned
Maybe it's just my imagination, or just my own cowardice and hatred of dying, but I seem to be getting decent RATIOS lately...yet of course still losing games. 15/0/15 with warwick, or just now 9/1/11 with Riven, but my team will still have someone 0/8 or whatnot and we'll lose. Last game I had a 2/11 heimer, and 0/8/whatever Eve on my team. Awesome! =P

bjaelke

The initial 20 minutes of farming. The 1 top, 1 mid, 2 bot and 1 jungle setup. SR doesn't really offer any alternatives to this if you want to be competitive. Some of the teams have already tried to mix it up with a roaming support and double jungle, but it honestly changes very little.

Inskipp

bjaelke said:
The initial 20 minutes of farming. The 1 top, 1 mid, 2 bot and 1 jungle setup. SR doesn't really offer any alternatives to this if you want to be competitive. Some of the teams have already tried to mix it up with a roaming support and double jungle, but it honestly changes very little.
Doesn't Dominion fix this?

Inskipp

bjaelke said:
The objectives and the game types are too different to be compared. I haven't seen a single competitive Dominion game so far.
You're talking about breaking the meta and you claim Dominion is 'too different"

I think you're contradicting yourself.

Kozak

Banned
Blizzard said:
The thread said in regard to Caitlyn "long-range is the dominant bottom lane that's pushing other options out - and we're fixing that.". Someone else said that Riot likes to contradict themselves, if they had ever mentioned not nerfing Caitlyn's range in the past.

I just lost my second game of the day where my team had about 10+ more kills than the other team. That after my Warwick loss going 15/0/15. I just want a win...I'm gonna be like 60 more losses than wins by the end of the weekend. ;_;

Yeah in that same thread they said that they're not looking to nerf her range because thats whats unique about her and is the reason she has a sniper.

More like they'll nerf her base damage or something.

Ferga

brian! said:
I know. But getting Shurelia's first means you spent money on getting Shurelia's first. I am suggesting to someone with surviving issues to get the health/cdr component of Shurelia's and then investing the Shurelia completion money into buying an armor/cdr item as a way to better stay alive. In retrospect you can certainly make many escapes with Shurelia's active, but in most ganks they usually perma cc you; in this situation more armor is > movespeed.

Are you saying you should get kindle gem first over philosopher's stone which gives you massive mana and health regen plus free gold stats when you solo top?

whaaaat....?

Ark

Blizzard said:
Maybe it's just my imagination, or just my own cowardice and hatred of dying, but I seem to be getting decent RATIOS lately...yet of course still losing games. 15/0/15 with warwick, or just now 9/1/11 with Riven, but my team will still have someone 0/8 or whatnot and we'll lose. Last game I had a 2/11 heimer, and 0/8/whatever Eve on my team. Awesome! =P

You're probably just getting really unlucky with your team comps. A few weeks ago losing a game was a rare occurrence for me, nowadays winning a game is a rare occurrence..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom