• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawk Hawk

I know it's verse bots, but this is my best round so far. That games so fun, hahaha.

t8584n.png

Jenga

Banned
Here's the trick to fighting graves.

Don't run.

Think of him like Xin Zhao. One he dashes in on you, and does Q+W, he can't get out of there.
So many times people just run away and I simply pick them off with R.

Does it sound rigged? It kinda is, but it needs to be because Graves is still a squishy ranged AD outside of his passive armor buff. I've seen Akalis and Jax's run away from me, which you don't need to do.

Another thing about fighting him, turning around after his burst is the worst thing you can do.
He's a ranged dps. He WANTS you to run away so he can hit you a couple times with his AS steroid and do ANOTHER dash so he can chase or back off.

brian!

Ferga said:
Are you saying you should get kindle gem first over philosopher's stone which gives you massive mana and health regen plus free gold stats when you solo top?

whaaaat....?

aiyaiai no -___-. Most people will have gotten phil first. Ok look, check this out. Philo Stone. Kindlegem. Then you need to pay MORE money to get Shurelias. Get it? You can get both without immediately turning it into a Shurelia's. You know? Like how a lot of people get warden and HoG without paying for Randuins.

How is this so hard to understand

JesseZao

brian! said:
To my understanding:
Since you will normally be soloing top, staying there, and farming your q (I like to get teleport for dragon and counter-ganks) you will initially want some sort of sustainability. If the lane is pressing you too hard put a couple of points in Spirit Fire so your tower doesn't die immediately.

Sustainability usually means a philo stone, sometimes I like to get a heart of gold too if I can afford both on the first trip back. Those are pretty helpful if your lane is punishing you for last hitting. Usually for Nasus the rule is triforce -> tanky items; if you would like cdr you can pick up a kindlegem -> shurelias and a glacial -> frozen heart. I tend to wait a bit to get shurelias unless I'm really missing the movement boost, instead just picking up a kindlegem for health and cdr. All your damage is from your farmed q and bossing around in your ult. Because your ult gives health its better to get resist tank items.

Obviously though if, for example, their entire team is AP or something crazy, don't bother with glacial. CDR comes secondary to strutting around in your ult during team fights and appropriate tank items do that much better. You asked for a DPS build and I'm telling you tanky nasus does more dps than ad/ap nasus.

Gotcha. I enjoy tank builds too, I'm just not a big theorycrafter. Thanks

Blizzard

Banned
How do you know if the IP boost is active on your account? How does it work? Is it just a flat bonus, or a percentage bonus?

Also I never knew until like yesterday that the purple (top) team on summoner's rift is apparently the higher-ranked team. That would explain why I play on the blue team like...98% of the time. Fortunately I like the blue side better. The one time I remember playing purple in the last few weeks, we lost.

IceIpor

Usually, I wouldn't share stories of my games... but this one I felt that I had to make an exception.

1Xbuq.jpg

See that Xerath? He was mid against me.
He was so annoying and kept trying to kill me. He would keep my health low with his stupid thunder strikes. Then he would stun and barrage me.

Luckily I always kept Quickdraw handy, so I dodged his most important spells. Then he would flash, and I would turn it around and unleash my attakcs on him. Thanks to Grit, I would have the upper hand afterwords. He would run, and I would then flash after him and kill him.

This kept happening, until I killed him 3 times. Then I had enough for Wit's End. The 4th time, he was a joke.

My fifth kill was against Graves. He almost killed me, but I ran away, my team jumped him and I got him with a smoke bomb.

This was probably the most intensive I've had to play in a long time to keep myself alive.

In the end, I felt bad for Xerath. Because I get the feeling that he was trying really, REALLY hard to kill me, but always failed. (Checked his profile, seems like Xerath was one of his mains.)

brian!

Blizzard said:
How do you know if the IP boost is active on your account? How does it work? Is it just a flat bonus, or a percentage bonus?

Also I never knew until like yesterday that the purple (top) team on summoner's rift is apparently the higher-ranked team. That would explain why I play on the blue team like...98% of the time. Fortunately I like the blue side better. The one time I remember playing purple in the last few weeks, we lost.

Huh I never knew that either, where did you hear that from? To check if you have an IP boost there's a glowy thingy near your ip at the top right, at least there is for me. I believe its a percent bonus since the amount seems to vary each game.

Blizzard

Banned
brian! said:
Huh I never knew that either, where did you hear that from? To check if you have an IP boost there's a glowy thingy near your ip at the top right, at least there is for me. I believe its a percent bonus since the amount seems to vary each game.
Someone said it ingame. I don't know whether it's true or not, but I really seem to play purple very rarely.

And apparently I don't have the IP boost yet.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Blizzard said:

100% bonus to games, doesn't include first win of the day. Don't play Dominion with it if you want to maximize the results of it.

Purple team gets higher ELO players because they have a vision disadvantage. This is especially noticeable at bottom lane.

John

Dance In My Blood said:
100% bonus to games, doesn't include first win of the day. Don't play Dominion with it if you want to maximize the results of it.

Purple team gets higher ELO players because they have a vision disadvantage. This is especially noticeable at bottom lane.
I've never understood why they don't allow players to turn the map around, since that's such a noticeable disadvantage. I guess it'd make the SR map bigger or something.

dimb

John said:
I've never understood why they don't allow players to turn the map around, since that's such a noticeable disadvantage. I guess it'd make the SR map bigger or something.
I would guess the objects aren't drawn in a way that makes the world viewable in a 3D space. If Project Shiney ever comes out that might be something it addresses though.

John

Dance In My Blood said:
I would guess the objects aren't drawn in a way that makes the world viewable in a 3D space. If Project Shiney ever comes out that might be something it addresses though.
Yeah, if you use LOL Replay you can adjust the pitch, and the dark side of the map is nonexistent.

brian!

xerath is real great
you kind of have to build against him to beat him imo

even then, I can instill fear in people who think they can rush me down with xerath's incredible dmg and stun...so they leave me alone for the rest of the game haha. His passive is so great that the only real tank item you need is an ap item. And late game I end up with 3000+ health if I've taken rylai's and nearly 100 in each resist and crazy damage.

I've used up 4 of my IP boost wins, but 3 of them have been 20 min. surrenders -____- my fiiiiiiiiggght money

broz0rs

Blizzard said:

My free IP boost is active.

An icon should be displayed right next to your IP points. It glows too.

Also appears on your summoner's profile.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, I definitely don't have the icon.

I also just had a 91-minute loss, and I think we had like 20-30 more kills than the other team at one point. By the end we had maybe 10 more kills. I think I had 17 stacks on sword of the occult with riven before the teams stopped ever encountering each other.

I know it was probably mostly my fault (like 12/4/11 with riven, but that's not great for a 90 minute game), but it was so FRUSTRATING. Like, we wasted baron three different times, just got it and sat around. We spent like three minutes begging nasus to stay with us and help us push, trying to guess what language he spoke, asking brazil, japanese etc., and then finally he was like yeah I speak english duh.

That was like the only thing he said ALL GAME LONG.

Shaco did well in the end, but shaco and teemo kept being off to the sides...anyway, I'm probably just blaming other people for my problems. I tried to basically sacrifice near the end to kill the superpowered graves, and it looked like an AD carry next to me focused 6000 HP mundo instead of graves. Accident? Who knows.

Ferga

Dance In My Blood said:

and baron... god damn blue side baron

Champions I like seeing selected on my team:

Akali
Kog'Maw
Caitlyn
Any tank
Tryndamere

Champions I hate seeing selected on my team:

Tristana
Anyone who is free that week
Ashe
Wukong

Blizzard

Banned
brian! said:
hey blizz, maybe you blew all of them on bot games? a wins a win
I would think I would have noticed the glowing number. Someone on mumble said they weren't in either, I think, and Rayven said maybe they were doing it in phases. :/

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ferga said:
and baron... god damn blue side baron
Most games will be well decided before Baron even comes into play. Dragon control is more important.

Top definitely has the advantage with the better position bottom lane and direct access to Dragon, where they can pull it back.

Achtius

Blizzard said:
I would think I would have noticed the glowing number. Someone on mumble said they weren't in either, I think, and Rayven said maybe they were doing it in phases. :/

I just got it today. So just be patient? :p

GG's to all the Gafers I played with for the first time last night.

Highlights included a 9-0 Sona, 22-2 Shaco, and 14-4 Xerath on Dominion.

Good times were had by all.

AcridMeat

Banned
Blizzard said:

Hey Blizz we won that bot game in 40 minutes WOOO!!!!!

Blizzard

Banned
Achtius said:
I just got it today. So just be patient? :p
I just got it this morning. I was just explaining that I didn't think I had it yet, since someone suggested I wasted it on bot games. :)

AcridMeat said:
Hey Blizz we won that bot game in 40 minutes WOOO!!!!!
That Ezreal took 5 years off my life. </rage forever>

dimb

Dooraven said:
So anyone care to explain what the vision disadvantage is for purple specifically is? Something to do with dragon?
Has to do with screen orientation. On a widescreen monitor you can see everything in bottom lane as blue where it curves at the tower. On purple when you're at your tower your vision is extremely limited looking down because the screen cuts off. Minimizing the size of the UI and taking out the bars helps, but purple still is going to have a tougher time in that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom