• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Poppy is ultra squishy too. I tried using her and found out she had like 600 HP.

What's the deal with Twitch? He's not free, but my last 4-5 games have had a twitch and/or an Eve in probably 4 of them. (as a side note, I think the Eve had a skin, a crapton of wins, and crushed our team)

"Poppy is ultra squishy too. I tried using her and found out she had like 600 HP."

Poppy's passive shaves off 50% of all incoming damage that's more than 10% of her health. She's not squishy at all.

Jenga

Banned
Ladyboy101 said:
graves is op as fuck, need a huge fuckin nerf next patch
a ranged dps, burst like talon, lots of sustain, and very hard to chase him down.
so basically, nerf Q base damage (because no one finds a lot of issues with his mid to late game burst)

nerf Bloodthirster (he has little to no inherent sustain)

and...well frankly, he isn't hard to chase down because his short little dash has a 10 second CD
and unless he does his W+Flash combo the slow on that thing is negligible and isn't a guaranteed escape

Jenga

Banned
Kyaw said:
Graves is OP as fuck, seen him killing champions after champions when he's on the losing side.
Yeah I kill champions as Jax when I'm on the losing side, what's your point? And what exactly is OP about him? specifics plz k thx

everyone's basic complaints all comes down to his Q burst, which would be fixed by shaving off base damage

Nothing is better than when you play a game and teammates keep saying things like "Clutch Morgana." It was a great way to play my first ranked match. 1-0.

Nome

EskimoJoe said:
Nothing is better than when you play a game and teammates keep saying things like "Clutch Morgana." It was a great way to play my first ranked match. 1-0.
Nothing is worse than when your teammates say "Clutch ____" and you still lose because they suck.

AcridMeat

Banned
17NnR.jpg

That was one hell of a match, kept seesawing back and forth, they had baron 3 times. I will say if I can do that then Graves is a bit OP.
Please don't nerf him too badly.

Blizzard

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
"Poppy is ultra squishy too. I tried using her and found out she had like 600 HP."

Poppy's passive shaves off 50% of all incoming damage that's more than 10% of her health. She's not squishy at all.
Well, I'll have to try her again, because she's 100% melee and practically every time a ranged person shot me I seem to recall it being like 1/5 of my health.

Also, I'm not sure I've ever got more than like...15 kills in a PVP game. I hate you people with 20+ kills. ;(

Nome

Two things...
1. Are there any minimalistic UI mods? Really hate the default UI.
2. Just started playing ranked. Is it normal to be getting ~50 ELO per game? Is this because I'm new, and it's trying to place me, or is it always this high?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Nome said:
Two things...
2. Just started playing ranked. Is it normal to be getting ~50 ELO per game? Is this because I'm new, and it's trying to place me, or is it always this high?
1. I dunno about mods but you can disable the grey banner and resize the bar to be much smaller. It helps a lot.
2. Yeah, it values the first few games highly in an attempt to place you better. It's only for a few games.

Rayven

aka surume
Nome said:
Two things...
No real UI mods anymore. Turning the walls off and scaling it all down is about it. You can also flip the minimap to the other side.

What do you hate about the default HUD?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It occupies a lot of unnecessary space for people who aren't new to the game.

The HP/MP Bars could be scaled down, the skill icons as well. Even 60-70% size would be perfectly manageable for most experienced players.

Rayven

aka surume
Halycon said:
It occupies a lot of unnecessary space for people who aren't new to the game.

The HP/MP Bars could be scaled down, the skill icons as well. Even 60-70% size would be perfectly manageable for most experienced players.
CDs and health/resource are the most important things to monitor during a match. Not to mention, legibility when watching a stream.

I'd much rather shave the art down or scavenge space from elsewhere. Any other ideas?

Haly

Can the area between the health bars and the minimap be toggled?

I was just thinking of a slider bar for the player to scale their UI. Once you guys release spectator view it doesn't matter how large the UI is for the player does it?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It'd be cool if health bars had some kind of transparency when they intersected or sat on top of each other.

Dunno if that's part of the UI but that's really the only thing that ever bothers me.

Except for some of the older icons I guess. Like Kat's passive looks really weird.

Haly

Just two quick and dirty mockups:

Cut the area in red
ibhShG566oNmsO.png

Cut the areas in red, shrink, and consolidate at the center.
ib2mCiHO9Q5NB2.png

Basically, letting relevant bits "float" in space, maybe with a rounded border just to make it easier on the eyes, would help a lot with screen real estate.

EDIT: Oh wow, I never noticed the HUD scaling thing. Handy.

cdyhybrid

Halycon said:
Just two quick and dirty mockups:

Cut the area in red
http://i.minus.com/ibhShG566oNmsO.png[IMG]

Cut the areas in red, shrink, and consolidate at the center.
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ib2mCiHO9Q5NB2.png[IMG]

Basically, letting relevant bits "float" in space, maybe with a rounded border just to make it easier on the eyes, would help a lot with screen real estate.

EDIT: Oh wow, I never noticed the HUD scaling thing. Handy.[/QUOTE]

Me likey.

Jenga said:
so basically, nerf Q base damage (because no one finds a lot of issues with his mid to late game burst)

nerf Bloodthirster (he has little to no inherent sustain)

and...well frankly, he isn't hard to chase down because his short little dash has a 10 second CD
and unless he does his W+Flash combo the slow on that thing is negligible and isn't a guaranteed escape
no.
graves can burst and he doesnt even need to be next to your face while every other high burst champs has to be next to opponent's face.
graves' passive gives him a lot of armor and magic resis. compare to other ranged dps, especially Ashe, this is way unfair.
he's dash has 10 sec cd, but combined with his AOE smoke cloud which blocks vision and slows down movement speed, graves is a escape artist, on the same level as nidalee.
i played a game as trandemare i could never get him him.

i like how kids play op camps and defend them with unreasonable reasons, its just too funny.

bjaelke

Blizzard said:
Well, I'll have to try her again, because she's 100% melee and practically every time a ranged person shot me I seem to recall it being like 1/5 of my health.

Also, I'm not sure I've ever got more than like...15 kills in a PVP game. I hate you people with 20+ kills. ;(
You should try jungle Poppy. Poppy is outclassed at top and can't really farm well, but those ganks are outstanding! Devasting Blow is great for jungling and her passive prevents her from counter jungling.

Jenga

Banned
Ladyboy101 said:
no.
graves can burst and he doesnt even need to be next to your face while every other high burst champs has to be next to opponent's face.
graves' passive gives him a lot of armor and magic resis. compare to other ranged dps, especially Ashe, this is way unfair.
he's dash has 10 sec cd, but combined with his AOE smoke cloud which blocks vision and slows down movement speed, graves is a escape artist, on the same level as nidalee.
i played a game as trandemare i could never get him him.

i like how kids play op camps and defend them with unreasonable reasons, its just too funny.
his AOE smoke cloud radius is so small and the slow so negligible it's only really a factor in the middle of a teamfight for melee champs and isn't that great for escaping ganks (it's never stopped me from ganking as udyr)

his passive only works if he's in combat for 10 seconds, which is forever in the middle of a teamfight, and a non-factor if the enemy team is smart enough to target him

his dash has 10 secs which means it's terrible for anything besides as an offensive gap closers and a half assed escape

he is nowhere on the level of fucking nidalee in escape

aside from his burst doing too much damage at farther range, it's fine for what it's intended (more dmg close range) it needs a slight base dmg nerf

all your complaints suck balls sorry bro

I like dickshits ridicule reasonable defense with ad hominem attacks like this kid

some little kid is mad as fuck i can see. lol
i am sorry but graves will be nerfed hard in the future, trust me on that.

aoe cloud is small??? trolololo
his passive also works when recieving damage from enemy champs

Jenga

Banned
Ladyboy101 said:
some little kid is mad as fuck i can see. lol
i am sorry but graves will be nerfed hard in the future, trust me on that.

aoe cloud is small??? trolololo
his passive also works when recieving damage from enemy champs
i poop on u kid

no kidding he'll get nerfed hard because riot listens to QQers

his AOE is too small foo, nearly everyone agrees except the most hardcore haters

also he'll be DEAD if he's getting damage from champs WHILE getting the passive

but it's ok, riot will be too busy nerfing graves while I play garen and I completely shut down solotop and push all the way to inhib

Ferga

Jenga said:
i poop on u kid

his AOE is too small foo, nearly everyone agrees except the most hardcore haters

but it's ok, riot will be too busy nerfing graves while I play garen and I completely shut down solotop and push all the way to inhib

I find it exceedingly easy to defeat garen solo top with my solo top characters

(irelia/akali/cho gath/jarvan)

his not hard to shut down when jungling too. Garen pushes lanes by spinning into minions while trying to get the opponent. easy ganks!

Jenga

Banned
Nome said:
Graves pretty DotA-esque design. Two good skills, two one point wonders.
Actually I'm kind of curious, what exactly is your stance on Graves Nome? Is his kit just too good for a ranged dps?

Ferga said:
I find it exceedingly easy to defeat garen solo top with my solo top characters

(irelia/akali/cho gath/jarvan)

his not hard to shut down when jungling too. Garen pushes lanes by spinning into minions while trying to get the opponent. easy ganks!
the only one that gives me trouble from that list is irelia

everyone is just harass and run away for scott free every 6 seconds and then flash and hit with ult

AcfEx.jpg

Excellent game. First we were challenged by some tower losses and fights gone bad. Then team work kicked in and we slowly pushed forward, caught 'em in our jungle a few times, and aced 'em for the win.

I just love playing Morgana at mid. Flash and teleport so you never need others to take mid while you're shopping. Two doran's rings into deathcap. Then zhonya's and void staff for magic pen.

bjaelke

Garen is usually picked in tournaments as a counter to another top hero. I've yet to see him get first picked, as he too can be countered by the likes of Kennen, Warwick and Yorick.

Jenga

Banned
bjaelke said:
Garen is usually picked in tournaments as a counter to another top hero. I've yet to see him get first picked, as he too can be countered by the likes of Kennen, Warwick and Yorick.
Warwick and Kennen are pretty tough I will admit. Yorick? I mean I can see why but it's usually an equal fight imo

bjaelke

It probably has to do with his sustain (E) and his slow (W). Garen can't use his passive if he's constantly being attacked by ghouls and the speed bonus from his Decisive Strike is cancelled out by Omen of Pestilence.

I'll admit I haven't see either picked in a very long time and last time I saw them pitched against each other was at Dreamhack.

Jenga said:
i poop on u kid

you dont poop on me son, when he gets nerfed, you get shit on, hard.

Haly

Settle this like men.

1v1 mid, first to 3 kills wins. Record the replay for posterity.

Inskipp

Halycon said:
Settle this like men.

1v1 mid, first to 3 kills wins. Record the replay for posterity.
1v1's are usually determined after the 1st kill, so might as well as make it one kill only.

Also what's up with ladyboys hostility? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom