• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
who the fuck defends a op champ? only its users.
i turned hostility because op champ abusers are the ones that ruin the game. their dirty level is on par as the OMA noobtubers in MW2 and hackers in COD4. they are the roaches in the community, should get shit on by the community.

dont even come challenge me with that 1v1 shit, i dont take on a pussy that's wider than its length.

Jenga

Banned
Ladyboy101 said:
i turned hostility because op champ abusers are the ones that ruin the game. their dirty level is on par as the OMA noobtubers in MW2 and hackers in COD4. they are the roaches in the community, should get shit on by the community.

dont even come challenge me with that 1v1 shit, i dont take on a pussy that's wider than its length.
how dare you brush away graves by not even referring to his name

HE HAS A NAME

IT'S GRAVES

GRAVES THE OUTLAW

also say that to my face not online see what happens, my dick is hard meet me somewhere, etc etc

bjaelke

Spectator mode should be live in the next patch. Trying to watch my first game now, but the host is taking forever (giving $10 rp away to the winner or something).
SouthernDragon said:
10 ppp is so stupid.
Their forum is awful. I hate going there for information.

kodt

Banned
Hey guys, I posted this in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread but it really only applies here.

I have two PaySafeCard PINs worth $50 each. These can be used to purchase Riot Points for League of Legends or used for purchases for a variety of other games.

I will sell them for $40 each.

These are US paysafecards and cannot be used for purchases made in Euros or GBP.

pm if interested

Nome

Jenga said:
Actually I'm kind of curious, what exactly is your stance on Graves Nome? Is his kit just too good for a ranged dps?

the only one that gives me trouble from that list is irelia

everyone is just harass and run away for scott free every 6 seconds and then flash and hit with ult
On paper he looks kind of imbalanced if only because he's got an escape and he doesn't really compromise autoattacking ability for spell damage like other RDPS champs do. First thing that sticks out to me is that his range is set at 550 (which seems to be a common number), below the top-tier RDPS like Cait but still probably 25 higher than where I'd put him seeing as how he's got a gap closer and clear synergy with being closer to an opponent.

Another general design problem I have with him (and many other League champs) is the lack of scaling on some abilities, making them one-point-wonders and effectively limiting more skill builds.

In practice I haven't seen him do anything insane at all. I don't know if it's because I haven't seen a good player take over games with him or because he's just not that good in practice compared to the current stable of champs. I think he's definitely in a bit of an awkward situation though. I put MF as the epitome of well-designed champs with a good mix of casting and autoattacking. I think Graves is probably too strong in the casting department right now, and I'd personally like to see his skills (particularly E) tweaked more towards the autoattacking side, coupled with some damage nerfs to his R.

Achtius

So yesterday, I was laning with Grave as Sona. We started by hiding in the bush to ambush our opponent. When Renekton walked up to the bush, I initiated the attack with q and an autoattack (charged power chord) and grave use his buckshot pointblank and autoattacked him; the combined attacks took him down to less than 1 bar of hp. Grave then flash to him and finished him off with an autoattack.

So fun.

Nome

Achtius said:
So yesterday, I was laning with Grave as Sona. We started by hiding in the bush to ambush our opponent. When Renekton walked up to the bush, I initiated the attack with q and an autoattack (charged power chord) and grave use his buckshot pointblank and autoattacked him; the combined attacks took him down to less than 1 bar of hp. Grave then flash to him and finished him off with an autoattack.

So fun.
Yeah, that brings up a good point tangentially. Graves is a huge meleefucker. This isn't a big problem in LoL because melee champs aren't necessarily worse than ranged champs due to the wide availability of tanking items and gap closing abilities, but in DotA/HoN this would effectively kill the design.

Achtius

Nome said:
Yeah, that brings up a good point tangentially. Graves is a huge meleefucker. This isn't a big problem in LoL because melee champs aren't necessarily worse than ranged champs due to the wide availability of tanking items and gap closing abilities, but in DotA/HoN this would effectively kill the design.

He is, but the worst part is even if the bullets doesn't hit his target multiple times, it still hurts like hell.

Blizzard

Banned
I can't remember who I was using (Riven?), but I encountered at least one Graves that made me think he is pretty squishy. Like, I thought I just ran up and 1v1 killed him a couple of times mid or late game as he was roaming the map or pushing lanes.

However, if he actually has a couple of defense items in addition to the passive buffs, or if he is actually really good with the buckshot, then I guess he could be OP. The only major time I remember one being super strong was when he got crazy attack speed and damage, like a Tristana or Cait late game killing towers.

But as I mentioned, I never get more than like 12-15 kills max so I don't have these 20+ kill games like you people.

Jenga

Banned
Blizzard said:
I can't remember who I was using (Riven?), but I encountered at least one Graves that made me think he is pretty squishy. Like, I thought I just ran up and 1v1 killed him a couple of times mid or late game as he was roaming the map or pushing lanes.

However, if he actually has a couple of defense items in addition to the passive buffs, or if he is actually really good with the buckshot, then I guess he could be OP. The only major time I remember one being super strong was when he got crazy attack speed and damage, like a Tristana or Cait late game killing towers.

But as I mentioned, I never get more than like 12-15 kills max so I don't have these 20+ kill games like you people.
graves is a bitch late game if he builds AS + sustain + armor/MR

which is idk, AS shoes, PD, two BTs, maybe BV and GA or something

Blizzard

Banned
I have a few quick warwick questions. I have been buying more runes to finish my rune page, and I am finishing yellow with mana regen.

1. Is per level mana regen really a better idea than flat? It seems to me that low level is when you run out of mana most easily in general, though in warwick's case you hopefully have blue most of the time.

2. Is armor a better idea, or split armor and mana regen for jungling/warwick?

3. My final build has been something someone suggested on here, and I almost never deviate. Wriggles lantern, merc treads, whatever that suggested armor is for warwick (has a kindlegem in it maybe?), warmogs and wits end (order can vary), atmas weapon. If I were to replace anything late game, it might be wriggles...would a frozen mallet possibly be useful since people still sometimes seem to get away, to make myself even more tanky? Would a bloodthirster be useful so I could actually do more damage instead of just being support? Would a guardian angel be good (this seems to be common on endgame warwick) to crank magic resist and armor even higher?

4. I have some bad games, but for most normal length games I seem to consistently get maybe 8-12 kills, 1-5 deaths, and 10-15 assists. Is this about what I should be getting?

I always run flash and smite, but the one downside of being tanky seems that my damage output is not too great and of course I don't have a way to escape without flash, but otherwise he's probably the one jungler I'm decent at.

bjaelke

1. Mana per level, because you might want to give blue to your AP carry after you've cleared the jungle a few times. But...

2. I'd recommend armor runes over mana regen. It lets you buy more offensive items and not worry that much about defense.

3. Have you considered Madred's Bloodrazor? If you're having a good game, then try to save up for it rather than go for the cheaper Wriggle's Lantern. The AS alone from MD makes up for the lack of life steal by synergizing with his passive. The armor you're thinking of is Spirit Visage. Godlike item on WW. Frozen Mallet and Atma's Impaler are also great offensive items with defensive bonuses (health+armor). If you run blue MR runes, Spirit Visage and Mercury's Treads, then your MR should be sufficient. Otherwise Hexdrinker and Wit's End are great upgrades.

Build example: Madred's Bloodrazor, Mercury's Treads, Spirit Visage, Frozen Mallet, Atma's Impaler, Hexdrinker/Wit's End.

4. If you win the games, then yes, those are the scores you should be getting :)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Blizzard said:
I have a few quick warwick questions. I have been buying more runes to finish my rune page, and I am finishing yellow with mana regen.

1. Is per level mana regen really a better idea than flat? It seems to me that low level is when you run out of mana most easily in general, though in warwick's case you hopefully have blue most of the time.

2. Is armor a better idea, or split armor and mana regen for jungling/warwick?

3. My final build has been something someone suggested on here, and I almost never deviate. Wriggles lantern, merc treads, whatever that suggested armor is for warwick (has a kindlegem in it maybe?), warmogs and wits end (order can vary), atmas weapon. If I were to replace anything late game, it might be wriggles...would a frozen mallet possibly be useful since people still sometimes seem to get away, to make myself even more tanky? Would a bloodthirster be useful so I could actually do more damage instead of just being support? Would a guardian angel be good (this seems to be common on endgame warwick) to crank magic resist and armor even higher?

4. I have some bad games, but for most normal length games I seem to consistently get maybe 8-12 kills, 1-5 deaths, and 10-15 assists. Is this about what I should be getting?

I always run flash and smite, but the one downside of being tanky seems that my damage output is not too great and of course I don't have a way to escape without flash, but otherwise he's probably the one jungler I'm decent at.

1 I run mana regen/level for AP casters. I haven't done the math in a while but I think they pass at level 6/7. Before then, you shouldn't really be spamming too much as you aren't likely to kill the target anyway. I actually don't lane WW much though. I could see why it might be helpful for his early sustain.

2 I always run armor on a jungler. Some people suggest dodge. I wouldn't consider anything other than these two.

3 You should deviate more. Warmog's is really good, but if you're facing a heavy AD team you might want to consider frozen heart. Mana and cooldown reduction help with Q spamming, and you get a ton of armor. Force of Nature is great on any tanky DPS when there's high burst on the other team (movespeed OP). If they just aren't damaging you, think about Frozen Mallet instead of Warmog's. If you're jungling, think about Randuin's for armor, health, and to build off a gold item. Realistically, you're going to fall into a similar build in most games but you should be more flexible and build items for a reason.

4 Don't worry about it. It's situational. Just think about the deaths that you do have and think were they avoidable, did you gain more than you lost out of the engagement, did you kill a higher value target, and so on. Focus on why you died and whether you got a team objective out of it.

Wrekt

Blizzard said:

Maybe it's just because I started playing LoL a couple months ago and I don't "get" you, but why do you keep asking questions like this? Do you really go 8-1-10 during a normal game and question whether or not that was an acceptable score? Is this some sort of weird stealth-brag thing? You seem to play a ton of games, what summoner level are you and what is your record?

Or did I just get astrolad'd?

Ark

Blizzard said:

Stop worrying about your kill/death ratio, as long as you win the team fights, you will win the game.

Rawk Hawk

Think I've decided to roll support for a while, I have played around with Soraka, Anumu, Ashe and Tristana, but jut always have more fun following players around and healing them than actually killing stuff. Who knows, maybe I'm just weird..

Anyway, looking through the support characters, Sona looks sweet (and I've heard she's pretty sweet), so saving up my IP for her now.

Now that i've kind of determined what I'm going to play as, I'm curious about items. I basically buy everything on the recommended tab, almost in order... I can only assume that's decent, but by no means the best path. So for someone developing a support chatacter, what's the best way to determine items you should be buying?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
1) Go to www.solomid.net
2) Find the character you're playing
3) Read the featured or approved guide

Edit: Items you want to typically buy on support characters are wards, Philosopher's Stone, wards, Heart of Gold, wards, Shurelia's Crown, wards, oracle elixers, wards, cooldown boots or Mercury Treads, wards, Aegis of the Legion, wards, Banshee's Veil, wards, and so on. (Don't forget about wards)

Rawk Hawk

Archie said:
1) Go to www.solomid.net
2) Find the character you're playing
3) Read the featured or approved guide

Edit: Items you want to typically buy on support characters are wards, Philosopher's Stone, wards, Heart of Gold, wards, Shurelia's Crown, wards, oracle elixers, wards, cooldown boots or Mercury Treads, wards, Aegis of the Legion, wards, Banshee's Veil, wards, and so on. (Don't forget about wards)
Oh man that sites awesome, thanks so much.

Blizzard

Banned
Wrekt said:
Maybe it's just because I started playing LoL a couple months ago and I don't "get" you, but why do you keep asking questions like this? Do you really go 8-1-10 during a normal game and question whether or not that was an acceptable score? Is this some sort of weird stealth-brag thing? You seem to play a ton of games, what summoner level are you and what is your record?

Or did I just get astrolad'd?
I think when I started I got raged at a LOT (by GAF people if not randoms), and I feel bad if I let my team down or if a loss is my fault now, even if my team doesn't rage at me about it afterwards. If I was tank, people would rage about dying, or me not initiating properly. A gaffer would like, yell at me if I was Soraka and ever used starcall on minions since they wanted all the kills etc. Now I understand that may be true, but so much abuse has crushed me into a cowering husk of a man. ;(

I wanted to know if the ratios I mentioned were an approximate measure of doing well -- as someone suggested, winning team fights can be much more key, (assuming the other team actually lets you have team fights). However, I feel that in some cases teammates who are say, 0/17 with blitzcrank can significantly hurt the team. Thus I try not to feed, which as I understand it is dying needlessly and giving the other team gold. I don't like dying if I feel that it could have been avoided, or it didn't accomplish much.

I play a lot of games, I'm summoner level 30, I have like...204 wins, and I think about 250-260 losses. Yes, about 50+ losses more than wins. I might post a screenshot like everyone else to brag about a good game, but I hardly think my record is worth bragging about, do you? :p

Thanks for the detailed suggestions, bjaelke and Archaix. One suggestion I have heard is to get used to a build and then learn how to vary it, and I think that sounds like a good idea.

Ferrio

Banned
So i got like 7k ip... think i'll hold it to see what the next champ will be. Not sure what archtype I want next either...

Don't have a ranged AD yet, but graves doesn't interest me and doubt next champ will be another ranged.

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
So i got like 7k ip... think i'll hold it to see what the next champ will be. Not sure what archtype I want next either...

Don't have a ranged AD yet, but graves doesn't interest me and doubt next champ will be another ranged.
Have you tried Kogmaw? He's one of the more unique ranged AD/AP options. Teemo is another slightly unique one since you can play more of a support/stealth role, but he's presumably not very good in comparison.

Jenga

Banned
Two ranked games in a row I get AP Sions mid that lose terribly, and two solo lanes that lose terribly and feed. One dude goes fiddle and fucks up blue (apparently he missclicked? something?) and proceeds to never go bot and I lose to soraka and vayne because support lux (?) had to do fiddle's job and help the other lanes. Vayne proceeds to talk shit because all cunts start talking shit when they get kills.

2-17 by 20 minutes.

Shit like this makes me want to uninstall this game and never fucking look back.

Ferrio

Banned
Blizzard said:
Have you tried Kogmaw? He's one of the more unique ranged AD/AP options. Teemo is another slightly unique one since you can play more of a support/stealth role, but he's presumably not very good in comparison.

Doesn't interest me.

Maybe a lesser used mage character? Hrmm

Ark

Blizzard said:
I think when I started I got raged at a LOT (by GAF people if not randoms), and I feel bad if I let my team down or if a loss is my fault now, even if my team doesn't rage at me about it afterwards. If I was tank, people would rage about dying, or me not initiating properly. A gaffer would like, yell at me if I was Soraka and ever used starcall on minions since they wanted all the kills etc. Now I understand that may be true, but so much abuse has crushed me into a cowering husk of a man. ;(

Quite the baptism of fire, I hate it when people rage on new comers to a franchise.

AcridMeat

Banned
Alternatively, I just won a normal random where we had a disconnect within 2 minutes so it was 4v5. We went on to dominate all team fights/take towers/force surrender in 26 minutes.

Edit: That 23 kill game and this most recent one came after going 1/11. This game always seems to be highs or lows for me.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Achtius said:

So fun.
This really isn't new or exclusive to him. Many combos are exactly like that.

Wrekt

brian! said:
these days when I see a skarner jungle on my team, my face lights up
Did the buffs help that much? Jungler is the one role I'm not comfortable with filling and so now I'm weighing my options. I'd love to hear that he is viable now.

Ladyboy101 said:

lol.

I hope Scorporex goes free sometime soon. I want to try him with the new buffs.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There are two kinds of LeBlanc players, people trying her out for the first time (then quit immediately after) and people who main her forever despite her very apparent weaknesses.

Ferrio

Banned
Halycon said:
There are two kinds of LeBlanc players, people trying her out for the first time (then quit immediately after) and people who main her forever despite her very apparent weaknesses.

I stuck with Cass, so I'm sure I could handle LeBlanc. She's suppose to destroy early game, but then be totally useless end game right?

Ferrio

Banned
What's the reason for her dropping off so hard late game?

Also sounds like the typical Dota caster. Rules early game, near useless end game.

broz0rs

Ferrio said:
What's the reason for her dropping off so hard late game?

Also sounds like the typical Dota caster. Rules early game, near useless end game.

because she's one of the few (if not only) ranged AP that has only single target abilties.

Haly

Giant burst coupled with long cooldowns. She can kill someone immediately at the start of the fight, then she's kind of useless for 10 seconds. She is also super reliant on items because all it takes is one hp item to fuck up her burst. She needs to bring someone down during her first volley of spells, or close enough that she can auto attack for the kill. Landing all 4 skills is relatively easy... in a 1v1 scenario. In team fights or fights with lots of creeps, chain becomes unreliable and with it, your burst/control.

Haly

You rarely get more than 1-2 levels in her blink early game anyway. Chains and sigil are more important for control/damage, respectively. Leveling sigil + blink gives you slightly more farming capability and stable damage, but it reduces your killing power overall.

Oh right, she can't farm creeps at all. So she needs those kills bad, and those kills are only easy to get between 1 and 5 minutes.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Halycon said:
You rarely get more than 1-2 levels in her blink early game anyway. Chains and sigil are more important for control/damage, respectively.
We're talking about why she falls off end game though.

Haly

Yeah I know :3

If I had to choose someone who was similar to LeBlanc from DOTA/HoN, I'd say she is a mix between Hag and Pyro. She doesn't have the AoE of Hag but they both suffer from the same problems. Her silence/disable makes her closer to Pyro, but at the same time she's not nearly as good at stunning as Pyro is (single target, slow, delayed).

Ferga

If the other team stays together after laning phase and has the map warded (which usually happens in higher elo ranked games) then leblanc is going to be useless

that's how i see it

Jenga said:
how dare you brush away graves by not even referring to his name

HE HAS A NAME

IT'S GRAVES

GRAVES THE OUTLAW

also say that to my face not online see what happens, my dick is hard meet me somewhere, etc etc
oh you so touch mr ethug

Graves isn't even that bad. I can name a ton of heroes that were OP on their release. Just off the top of my head, Xin, Brand, Nocturne, Vayne, Leblanc, Miss Fortune, Jarvan. They were much worse than Graves is right now.

Card Boy

Banned
I think i might start playing this again, i noticed Twitch dropped in price. Dropped to 1370 in HoN as i was solo queing, due to no gaffers wanting to do Matchmaking with me.

The thing that pisses me off about ranked matchmaking in general (in both games) is the more you lose, the more you get bundled with shitter players and the more you lose. It's never a true indication of your skill.

brian!

Wrekt said:
Did the buffs help that much? Jungler is the one role I'm not comfortable with filling and so now I'm weighing my options. I'd love to hear that he is viable now.

I've only had good experiences
But mostly, its probably just people who actually know how to jungle. There seems to be less of a chance getting a shitty jungler when you have a not-so-popular jungler. So many fail nocs, shacos, and lees lately.

Rawk Hawk said:
Think I've decided to roll support for a while, I have played around with Soraka, Anumu, Ashe and Tristana, but jut always have more fun following players around and healing them than actually killing stuff. Who knows, maybe I'm just weird..
Hey, I'm the same way, though I do like my AP casters. I always gravitate to support in multiplayer games, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom