• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Halycon said:
Her clone is useless, it's just there for getting a second of leeway before they figure out who is he real LeBlanc.

You might need ignite and amplifying tome to start. AP runes can help as well. LeBlanc requires a lot of effort from your part but her pay off is pretty good. Since you like Cass you should stick with LeBlanc to see what she can do.

Been starting out with tome ->Mejais and using ignite. But since I haven't been getting early kills it's been fucking me up think I might go dorans ring, boots or mp regen rod first. Seems all the guides I read people are arguing whether mejais is good or not (seems high elo don't use them?)

Just need practice.

Jenga

Banned
just went 21 W and 22 L in solo queue

i am deep in the depths of elo hell

two AP sions who call mid and threaten to feed, they all lost and fed

and then this game we lose terribly because our captain picks terrible bans and we have to face Morgana who is nearly ungankable if they aren't a retard (this one wasn't) and talon and graves and irelia and stklsjfsdf

bjaelke

You can't expect to get many kills/assist at a higher level because people don't overextend that often.

Edit: Meant as a reply to Ferrio

Veritas_

bjaelke said:
You can't expect to get many kills/assist at a higher level because people don't overextend that often.

Edit: Meant as a reply to Ferrio

It's a combination of that and that in higher-ELO play, players who buy snowball items (Mejai, Sword of the Occult, Bloodthirster) tend to get focused hard to keep them from snowballing.

Wrekt

Blizzard said:
XD Have you never tried Annie, Shaco, or Mordekaiser? I'm guessing it's the same for Yorick and Malzahar too.

I mean, it may not be obvious, and it may be annoying, but at least it's the same for everyone.
Malzahar's voidling is basically uncontrollable. It does attack whoever has the DoT on them though.

Blizzard

Banned
Wrekt said:
Malzahar's voidling is basically uncontrollable. It does attack whoever has the DoT on them though.
That's good to know, since I'm not sure I've ever tried Malzahar (or Yorick). "voidling" is a very cute name. It's like, a zergling, but out of a void.

bjaelke

Yorick's ghouls are like that. Just attacking random champions. His ultimate however is controllable and a powerful tool to turn around team fights. One fed Vayne? Try two of them.
Veritas_ said:
It's a combination of that and that in higher-ELO play, players who buy snowball items (Mejai, Sword of the Occult, Bloodthirster) tend to get focused hard to keep them from snowballing.
That's true as well.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would stay away from Mejai's. Guaranteed efficiency > potential efficiency when you play a high risk high reward champ like Leblanc.

Doran's Ring also works, but I like having a pot handy. For most other champs I would rush Catalyst stone, but for Leblanc I feel that she needs the early blasting wand/needlessly large rod to keep up her ganking power. HP is just way too easy to get in this game for anything else to be effective.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ferrio said:
So bought Leblanc, did terrible as her. Some reason telling my team "I'm new to leblanc, putting me mid wouldn't be wise" would never sink in.

Think i need to be more aggressive overall. Also her E skillshot is surprisingly difficult to land, not sure why I'm having troubles with it.
If you don't like mid, don't play LeBlac. She has to be mid. She is utterly useless anywhere else and dies off so quickly if you don't crush the lane.

Ferrio

Banned
shintoki said:
If you don't like mid, don't play LeBlac. She has to be mid. She is utterly useless anywhere else and dies off so quickly if you don't crush the lane.

I don't mind mid, I just didn't want to do it the first few games playing her.

bjaelke

Support Zilean is just too powerful right now. I don't get why people prefer to play him as an ap "carry" in the current meta. He has so much utility available and doesn't depend as much on items/farm compared to some other alternative support champions.

Ferga

bjaelke said:
Support Zilean is just too powerful right now. I don't get why people prefer to play him as an ap "carry" in the current meta. He has so much utility available and doesn't depend as much on items/farm compared to some other alternative support champions.

Janna and sona both have annoying as utility. Zilean can only disrupt a single target with a slow and can't save an entire team with an aoe stun or a pop up.

Zilean has his ult which can be used in the same way when he is either an ap carry or support

So in other words, Janna and Sona can save an entire team with their utility while zilean can also haste one team member

Somax

Playing LoL since the beginning, but last week I was in a shopping spree and unlocked Annie to join the ranks of my mid champions.
Never lost a game with her since then, I don't know why but she just clicks for me. Lots of damage and utility, a reliable farming mechanic. A very good investment for 450 ip, imho.

Somax said:
Playing LoL since the beginning, but last week I was in a shopping spree and unlocked Annie to join the ranks of my mid champions.
Never lost a game with her since then, I don't know why but she just clicks for me. Lots of damage and utility, a reliable farming mechanic. A very good investment for 450 ip, imho.

Probably the best 450ip champ.

Ashe is really good as well.

ElectraStar

SouthernDragon said:
Ladies, ladies.

ElectraStar is now part of the community.
Indeed! And what better way to celebrate than to show off a triumphant game!!

And by triumphant, I mean hilariously disorganized. SouthernDragon and I kept getting kicked off the client because our recently acquired Sorry-but-we're-shutting-down-the-Mac-trial champion pack made the load screen freak out (nothing's really free, huh?), leaving our other three players single laning. That said, Flare, Achtius, and Rizzle proceeded to dominate anyways, and allowed us to farm once we got back online fifteen minutes later, and we won the game.

Needless to say their team was pretty bad, you can't not be impressed by that Sona score (or any of them really, given the circumstances).
Best 3v5 ever.

100511DCgame2.jpg

Ark

Bought Blitzcrank thinking he would be awesome.

I was wrong, so very very wrong. Time to go back to trying out Rammus instead.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ark said:
Bought Blitzcrank thinking he would be awesome.

I was wrong, so very very wrong. Time to go back to trying out Rammus instead.
Best champion in the game, you don't even know.

Ark

Dance In My Blood said:
Best champion in the game, you don't even know.

Blitzcrank? I was solo-top against Katarina (so overplayed it's unreal) and her bouncing blade would just rip me up T__T

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ark said:
Blitzcrank? I was solo-top against Katarina (so overplayed it's unreal) and her bouncing blade would just rip me up T__T
You don't solo Blitz. He's support.

Blizzard

Banned
Irelia seems interesting, though I'm not sure what to do and buy. Does tenacity stack with her passive? In other words, are mercury's treads still a good idea?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Blizzard said:
Irelia seems interesting, though I'm not sure what to do and buy. Does tenacity stack with her passive? In other words, are mercury's treads still a good idea?
Merc Trends are always a good idea!

Blizzard

Banned
shintoki said:
Merc Trends are always a good idea!
Well the reason I asked was that tenacity items warn that tenacity does not stack, and as far as I could tell, Irelia's passive is kinda like tenacity.

Blizzard said:
Trinity Force + Mercury's Treads
her passive does not count as tenacity

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Blizzard said:
Well the reason I asked was that tenacity items warn that tenacity does not stack, and as far as I could tell, Irelia's passive is kinda like tenacity.
Merc trends are a % and exclusive.

broz0rs

Blizzard said:

her passive is definitely not tenacity. so her passive and tenacity stacks. that's why with movement speed buffs, she's so elusive.

it's not necessary to go merc treads for her. since philo stone is very popular on her, players get tabi as boots2 and turn their philo stone into eleisa's miracle. it's a great combo if you want some extra defense against AD champs.

KJTB

Achtius said:
I think everyone is going to get the dragon champ. I know I will :D

First 7200 IP 1250 RP champ, they know they can get away with it as long as they make her sexy enough.

Calling it now!

Anyways, leblanc is awesomely fun, that is all. 3-0 on SR since I picked her up tonight aw yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom