• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

his repeated pleas for people to "get them off me" is akin to someone standing in the snow, naked, asking why he is cold, and why people aren't warming him.

Ferrio said:
You guys are ridiculous, you fight at the wrong times.

Yeah, that was one of the worst ranked games ever.

Singed was useless, Sona played like an AP carry, Kog ran head first into every fight even when we had no wards up, and I couldn't do shit because they always let kass flank us.

On the plus side, that guy's rage was delicious.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Had a pretty brutal match. One that made me rage a bit.

Basically our Lee Sin valued their red, over teamfights, baron, dragon, inhibs, etc. While getting caught multiple times trying to get their red and dying.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Ferrio said:
Eh losses I wasn't too worried about. I just never seen an annie do badly.

Really I had one in ranked go 1-14. Seeing annies do bad is rare considering how ez she be to get kills.

Had a 4v5 stomping yesterday because of her. Even outnumbered with sion and poppy plus my vayne we bulldozed the other side like it was nothing.

Blizzard

Banned
One of my friends had a question that I haven't played long enough to really answer. Have there ever been champions that were nerfed too hard in some sense, and then un-nerfed a little? Morde was nerfed and then hextech was nerfed, and now it seems like you hardly ever seem Morde.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't think so.

LeBlanc is still waiting for the day they unnerf her.

Blizzard

Banned
My cynical response was that a cynic might say that Riot would prefer newer, more expensive champions be more powerful than older, cheaper ones.

Haly

That's partially accurate, they don't make much money off of buffing old champions. It happens from time to time (like the Kayle rework, the Panth buff that saw him shoot to tier 1 and then subsequent nerf that brought him back to trash tier) but old champions tend to be low on the priority list.

New champions that aren't viable, though? Buff immediately or else they lose potential early sales.

Although I think Heimer fits the bill. On release he was insta-ban, then they nerfed him and no one played him anymore, then they reworked him and now he's in a nice place.

Blizzard

Banned
That's true in that they buffed Riven almost immediately, but it still seems like she doesn't work well in most cases. I think even Rayven, that guy who invented League of Legends or whatnot, was like, dude...don't use Riven in Summoner's Rift. Otherwise they were like, the team basically has to be partly tailored for her or have specific matchups.

So maybe she was intended mostly for Dominion. Who knows. =(

Haly

I don't play SR anymore so no comment on that.

Also Rayven works in UI, lol.

Blizzard

Banned
Halycon said:
I don't play SR anymore so no comment on that.

Also Rayven works in UI, lol.
:O But I heard like, Dominion was terrible and not fun! You have fun and play it regularly?

And yes I know Rayven is in UI, I just like to act like everything is his fault.

Haly

SR feels slow as molasses after playing Dominion non-stop.

Although I've hit another period where I'm bored of MOBA-style games in general (I blame RIFT actually), but it's still fun to troll people with Shaco once in a while.

Last I heard Riven is doing alright, middling jungler/ganker, same problem as most other melee heroes, has some issues concerning her basic design, etc. Usual stuff, she isn't Karma-tier or anything, most people just suck with her and assume everyone else does as well.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just not a fan of dominion... feels too unbalanced and I prefer the longer matches of 5.
If anyone wants feel free to add a level 19 noob @whiskeystrike.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
tried reinstalling?
You don't have any skin or UI mods installed do you?

bjaelke

Someone was screaming for a Graves nerf the other day and it seems that Riot listened. Both his range and base stats are likely to get decreased.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
bjaelke said:
Someone was screaming for a Graves nerf the other day and it seems that Riot listened. Both his range and base stats are likely to get decreased.
Ridiculously overpowered, had to happen.

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
Ridiculously overpowered, had to happen.
I think it'll be funny (?) if the same thing happens to Shyvana, and/or she costs more than 6300 IP (unlikely?). Or maybe it's harder for melee characters to be overpowered, who knows.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Graves already has a low attack range of about 550 and has the worst attack speed growth out of the ranged carries as it is.
It's his abilities that made him OP...

dimb

They won't nerf his range. That wouldn't solve anything. Also, his attack speed growth is fine considering his AS modifier can pretty much be up all the time because it is an ability that feeds itself. Great design (not really).

His passive, starting stats, and E are just stupidly good compared to other AD carries. Oh and his scaling is retarded.

broz0rs

Blizzard said:
One of my friends had a question that I haven't played long enough to really answer. Have there ever been champions that were nerfed too hard in some sense, and then un-nerfed a little? Morde was nerfed and then hextech was nerfed, and now it seems like you hardly ever seem Morde.

I think Pantheon and Morgana fits this description quite nicely.

bjaelke

Jesus christ the competitive scene is NA is a joke right now. Dignitas, Phantomlord, Lapaka and now TSM. It's like they decide to have a synchronized meltdown.
Dance In My Blood said:
They won't nerf his range. That wouldn't solve anything. Also, his attack speed growth is fine considering his AS modifier can pretty much be up all the time because it is an ability that feeds itself. Great design (not really).

His passive, starting stats, and E are just stupidly good compared to other AD carries. Oh and his scaling is retarded.
His range was shorter during testing, but then Riot increased it for his release. They probably have some sort of compensation ready if they should decide to reverse it or change any of his base stats. I personally haven't had any problems against Graves. That could, however, have something to do with the player and not the champion...

bjaelke said:
Good. Jenga just got shit on, hard.

His abilities should be nerfed. reduce scaling, and increase cool down time.

Blizzard said:
That's true in that they buffed Riven almost immediately, but it still seems like she doesn't work well in most cases. I think even Rayven, that guy who invented League of Legends or whatnot, was like, dude...don't use Riven in Summoner's Rift. Otherwise they were like, the team basically has to be partly tailored for her or have specific matchups.

So maybe she was intended mostly for Dominion. Who knows. =(

I have seen a few good Riven's last few weeks. Basically playing her like an assasin seems to work. I was impressed by some of the kills they managed to get (but I was giving support with Sona.. so maybe that had something to do with it ;)

Rawk Hawk

So Nocturne's ultimate spell, how do you dash into the enemies? I right click one after casting it and he just walks over an starts meleeing them. Do I need to be a certain distance away to do it?

Also, learned last night that some of the items I have been used can be activated for stats (which I thought I was just alwats getting). So that's pretty cool, that hourglass is sweet, always get that when I play Morgana now.

Rawk Hawk said:
So Nocturne's ultimate spell, how do you dash into the enemies? I right click one after casting it and he just walks over an starts meleeing them. Do I need to be a certain distance away to do it?

Also, learned last night that some of the items I have been used can be activated for stats (which I thought I was just alwats getting). So that's pretty cool, that hourglass is sweet, always get that when I play Morgana now.
The hourglass is ridiculous with Morgana's ult. In a team fight, jump in the middle, ult, hourglass, "TRIPLE KILL!"
I played a game last night and it was such a good game for skill shots for me. I was stunning everyone, even on lucky blind shots in pursuit. Too bad I never got the kill, though. Faster teammates always take them. :p

dimb

Rawk Hawk said:
Press R again and click on someone to dash to them.

Rawk Hawk

EskimoJoe said:
The hourglass is ridiculous with Morgana's ult. In a team fight, jump in the middle, ult, hourglass, "TRIPLE KILL!"
I played a game last night and it was such a good game for skill shots for me. I was stunning everyone, even on lucky blind shots in pursuit. Too bad I never got the kill, though. Faster teammates always take them. :p
Haha, I love playing as her, Morgana and Nocturne have turned into my two favorites. Someone about binding someone and putting a pool of acid under them that's just fun. Even if it doesn't kill them or anything, just amusing to do, lol.

dimb

Rawk Hawk said:
Oooooh, now that would make logical sense.. haha, thanks for the help, knew I had to be missing some easy step.
Yeah, the first R just creates darkness for enemy champions where they can't see very well. Can be useful just to use that in very rare situations to help your teammates get away.

Blizzard

Banned
Rawk Hawk said:

It took me like four or five ult uses when I tried nocturne to actually figure out how to do the dash. XD I guess you have to press R, wait some small delay (1 second?), press R again, make sure the cursor has changed, and then press left click.

This is kinda why I try new champions in bot games. >_> I don't think there were instructions in the ult tooltip but maybe I just missed them.

Rawk Hawk

Yea I don't dare take him into a pvp game, i'm lv10 right now so I don't really have the runes to jungle quickly. I'm getting better at it, but even with a leash I almost died to blue lol.

Think I'll just play pvp games with Morgana for a while, still working on my time of her shield spell, seems like that will be a life saver.

Aesthet1c

I'll be pissed if they nerf Graves. I never usually have problems against him, and he's the one ranged carry I can do well with. I just get tired of Riot releasing an awesome champ so that everyone buys him, then nerfing them immediately. It just feels like a big slap in the face to all of us early adopters of the champs.

inky

Rawk Hawk said:
Think I'll just play pvp games with Morgana for a while, still working on my time of her shield spell, seems like that will be a life saver.

Morgana is great fun. Seeing people melt to your ult while you are Zhonyaing it out is awesome.

Ark

Aesthet1c said:
I'll be pissed if they nerf Graves. I never usually have problems against him, and he's the one ranged carry I can do well with. I just get tired of Riot releasing an awesome champ so that everyone buys him, then nerfing them immediately. It just feels like a big slap in the face to all of us early adopters of the champs.

Graves is certainly too powerful from all of my encounters with him, whether he's on my team or the enemies team.

Rawk Hawk

inky said:
Morgana is great fun. Seeing people melt to your ult while you are Zhonyaing it out is awesome.
Yea I can't wait to try that out, this Saturday and Sunday I'm going to try a bunch of pvp matches. I still haven't really dove into them for fear of being the one everyones is pissed is on their team, but I think I've got enough of a working knowledge of the game now. But just know that if you face a Morgana manned by Watari13, focus all energy on them, should be an easy First Blood, lol.

Ferrio

Banned
Wait hourglass doesn't cancel abilities? So it's work for say gallo?

edit: Dear riot, if you're going to sell merchandise you should probably offer shirts for every damn character.

XeroSauce

So far I've only played horrible Graves, both mid and top lane. I play a lot of Caitlyn and I just outrange him to bits, plus people don't know how to use his E + Q properly.

Same story with Riven, she's difficult to play because you need to time yourself right to proc your passive and Sheen, and people tend to underestimate how much time her Q gives you in between attacks. That and she has basically 0.5 seconds of CC.

Jenga

Banned
if by range they better mean his Q

if they nerf his base stats too much and lower his auto attack range then basically he'll be made useless by a half-decent kog'maw or caitlyn

Blizzard

Banned
XeroSauce said:
So far I've only played horrible Graves, both mid and top lane. I play a lot of Caitlyn and I just outrange him to bits, plus people don't know how to use his E + Q properly.

Same story with Riven, she's difficult to play because you need to time yourself right to proc your passive and Sheen, and people tend to underestimate how much time her Q gives you in between attacks. That and she has basically 0.5 seconds of CC.
Even with Caitlyn, I feel completely useless against a good Kog'maw. Fast autoattacks with more range than you, plus an ult every 1-3 seconds with more range than you, what are you even supposed to do besides hoping you can kill him faster while he hits you (and then try not to die to his passive explosion)? He can kill you on a tower while out of the tower's range.

I don't think I've ever tried Riven with Sheen. It makes sense in that it would make her passive more powerful, but I heard there was some controversy about whether triforce was good on her.
Ferrio said:
I never use the hourglass, but I -think- that it only cancels channeled abilities. So Galio's ult, Amumu's ult, and Nunu's ult would be cancelled, but Morgana's ult, Fiddlestick's ult once it's going, and say, Karthus' defile wouldn't stop.

Jenga

Banned
Ladyboy101 said:
Good. Jenga just got shit on, hard.

His abilities should be nerfed. reduce scaling, and increase cool down time.
lol that's some serious misreporting

what morello actually said

Just saw this one!

His original range was shorter, and we had higher base stats during that time to compensate. When we increased his range, we didn't change the stats back over.

We'll probably hit a couple of these overall - will discuss with the team.
nothing concrete so you can quit masturbating to me now

basically it looks like they'll tone down his base stats

reduce scaling, and increase cool down time.

he already has high-ass CDs outside of AS dash, and his scaling isn't that hard either

come back with good complaints kid i poop on u

Support Alistar is awesome. I had a couple games last night where I saved some teammates' lives by pushing enemies away with W, or slowing them down with Q so my team could escape.

I personally feel more useful as support Alistar than Taric because I can do a better job in setting up kills for my team. Plus, I can be a bit more aggressive and spam my heals without much worry.

So fun :D

Blizzard said:
...what are you even supposed to do besides hoping you can kill him faster while he hits you...
Hope the Kog has bad aim or that he's predictable. An enemy Kog last night kept wasting ults on me. I dodged most of them because he was predictable.

Ferrio

Banned
Blizzard said:
I don't think I've ever tried Riven with Sheen. It makes sense in that it would make her passive more powerful, but I heard there was some controversy about whether triforce was good on her.

Sheen/triforce does not gain increased damage from her passive. Nor can her passive crit, so triforce is indeed a dud on her. Tanky/High AD is the way to go.

brian!

Ferrio said:

edit: Dear riot, if you're going to sell merchandise you should probably offer shirts for every damn character.

ah I hope you are not planning on using hourglass on galio!

dimb

Ferrio said:

I don't think you can channel and cast hourglass, but Galio shoots back damage taken on his ult, so you want them to hit you as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom