• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeroSauce

Ferrio[B said:
]Sheen/triforce does not gain increased damage from her passive.[/B] Nor can her passive crit, so triforce is indeed a dud on her. Tanky/High AD is the way to go.

Wat.

And here I thought I was finally understanding this game.

Ferrio

Banned
XeroSauce said:
Wat.

And here I thought I was finally understanding this game.

Read it:

Sheen (and Trinity Force) only multiplies the champions starting base attack damage plus any gained from leveling up. Bonus attack damage from items, runes, and masteries is not included, nor does it include the bonus damage from skills

Also another reason it sucks on her

The proc has a cooldown of 2 seconds.

So getting a proc off all 3 of her Q's would take a bit too long.

Really check out the league of legends wiki, it'll note stuff that isn't outright said in descriptions. Makes you realize that some item combos aren't as good as you think they are.

XeroSauce

Ferrio said:
Read it:

Also another reason it sucks on her

So getting a proc off all 3 of her Q's would take a bit too long.

Really check out the league of legends wiki, it'll note stuff that isn't outright said in descriptions. Makes you realize that some item combos aren't as good as you think they are.

Yea, I knew about the cooldown, which is why I try to space it out as much as I can..but I didn't know the passive counted as a "skill".

Jenga

Banned
apparently they're looking at changing xerath's passive

morello mentioned maybe bonus damage for doing damage at his longest range

also more buffs this patch

OLAF BUFFS

time to break out the techno-viking

Jenga

Banned
Graves
HP: 410+84
Armor: 15+3.2
AD: 51+3.1
Mana: 302+40

Ezreal
HP: 350+80 (-64)
Armor: 12+3.5 (-2.7)
AD: 47.2+3 (-3.9)
Mana: 235+45 (-62)

Corki
HP: 375+82 (-37)
Armor: 13.5+3.5 (-1.2)
AD: 48.2+3 (-2.9)
Mana: 243+37 (-62)

for base stat comparisons for AD ranged with comparable range (550)

I'm thinking they're gonna hit his HP to Corki level (hurt the most), Armor (which ain't a big deal cuz his passive), and mana (really force him to use Mana regen yellows or even have more careful mana management) and a couple points off his AD. I'm thinking they'll more or less put him on par with Corki because they both mess-around at mid-range the most while Ezreal has like a billion longer range skillshots

Couple that with some base damage knockoff on his Q and that will make his early game on par with others. and fuck the haters, I want better scaling on Q and more slow on W.

Ark

Jenga said:
apparently they're looking at changing xerath's passive

morello mentioned maybe bonus damage for doing damage at his longest range

also more buffs this patch

OLAF BUFFS

time to break out the techno-viking

I've been wanting to try out Olaf for quite some time, so this'll be interesting.

And yes please to Xerath passive change, his passive is neigh on useless.

Jenga

Banned
Ark said:
I've been wanting to try out Olaf for quite some time, so this'll be interesting.
he's in a very weak spot right now, his jungle is shit compared to a lot of the top junglers, and frankly his ganks are very weak. TheOddOne more or less said Nocturne does everything Olaf does but better.

he's a great anti-carry tanky dps late game tho.

Blizzard

Banned
I bought Olaf after seeing a good one, then couldn't figure out what to do with him. Most junglers who gank seem to have some sort of CC...all Olaf can do is slow people with the axe and try to catch up to them, right?

Also, does reckless swing do the same amount of damage to Olaf as it does to his target?

Jenga

Banned
Blizzard said:
I bought Olaf after seeing a good one, then couldn't figure out what to do with him. Most junglers who gank seem to have some sort of CC...all Olaf can do is slow people with the axe and try to catch up to them, right?

Also, does reckless swing do the same amount of damage to Olaf as it does to his target?
Yeah, his Axe is all he can do. It's not -bad-, it's a nice amount of damage and slow, but it makes him easier to kite than Udyr (who can at least tank and attack you at tower if he must).

No, I'm not sure about swing, but it doesn't really matter because how his passive works.

Apparently he's a pretty decent solotop against people like Garen or Singed.

I'm not sure HOW they're buffing him, but I'm thinking it'll probably be so he can be a more viable jungler.

Blizzard

Banned
I was just thinking that most junglers have the dive and CC, though you mention Udyr as a counterexample. Udyr can attack, stun, possibly tank and tower dive. Warwick can dive ult to suppress in place for a few seconds. Malphite can dive and knock people up, and slow them running away. Nocturne can dive and fear. Fiddlesticks can dive ult and fear. Rammus can fly in with speedball and slow + taunt.

Olaf seems kinda like Xin jungling in that regard. The jungle part goes okay, the ganking part not so much.

Jenga

Banned
Blizzard said:
I was just thinking that most junglers have the dive and CC, though you mention Udyr as a counterexample. Udyr can attack, stun, possibly tank and tower dive. Warwick can dive ult to suppress in place for a few seconds. Malphite can dive and knock people up, and slow them running away. Nocturne can dive and fear. Fiddlesticks can dive ult and fear. Rammus can fly in with speedball and slow + taunt.

Olaf seems kinda like Xin jungling in that regard. The jungle part goes okay, the ganking part not so much.
Xin has the gap closer and the CC knockup.

Olaf's buffs have been a looooooooong time coming.

Aesthet1c

Blizzard said:

I've started playing Malphite a lot lately, but I always lane with him. Is he supposed to be jungling? That sounds enticing with his ult.. I'll have to try it.

Wrekt

I bought the collectors edition when I first picked up LoL. I still have a handful of RP left from the $10 worth it came with. I decided I need a jungler but I'm still paying off the level 20 rune tax so I looked at another RP pack for a champ + an extra rune page. I am completely amazed that with my leftover change and $10 worth of RP, I cannot afford 1 champ and 1 extra rune page.

I love LoL but there isn't a bigger ripoff in the gaming industry today.

Achtius

Wrekt said:
I bought the collectors edition when I first picked up LoL. I still have a handful of RP left from the $10 worth it came with. I decided I need a jungler but I'm still paying off the level 20 rune tax so I looked at another RP pack for a champ + an extra rune page. I am completely amazed that with my leftover change and $10 worth of RP, I cannot afford 1 champ and 1 extra rune page.

use rp for skins and ip for everything else :p

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Wrekt said:

L2 Runes are a trap.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Rawk Hawk said:
Yea I don't dare take him into a pvp game, i'm lv10 right now so I don't really have the runes to jungle quickly. I'm getting better at it, but even with a leash I almost died to blue lol.

Think I'll just play pvp games with Morgana for a while, still working on my time of her shield spell, seems like that will be a life saver.
Noc works best I think if you start vampiric scepter at wolves. Clear, then head to wraiths. Smite the big wraith, clear and then go clear golem camp. Blue pill and buy boots or cloth armor with a potion. Defeat giant wolf but leave the little ones. Then go blue and do a full clear. Either look for a gank or blue pill and then keep jungling.

Jenga

Banned
patch preview out:

Graves: Passive nerfs. -10 on total Armor/MR bonus, and it goes away quicker if he's not in combat. uh, I guess this is fine. I don't know, I don't think the total 10 armor/mr bonus reduction will affect him too much, I'm guessing they'll reduce it by rank?

Q nerf: Reducing the damage bonus for each enemy getting caught by all three shells. Well i thought they'd just shave off base damage but this works too I suppose.

Overall pretty light nerfs.

Wukong: Slight damage buff on Q. Slight AS buff on E. Bug fixes for W (decoy)

Light buffs and bug fixes.

Olaf: Can now break out of CC with Ult. Which is nice. But they reduced time of CC reduction at higher levels. I'm thinking using MS quints and "GOTTA GO FAST" boots to make up for the time reduction.

Shaco: More shaco buffs. Longer range and less arm time on Box. oh boi

Ferga

You know the scariest thing about the shaco buff is?

Good shaco junglers will now piss the hell off the entire opposing team

I like how the video said his burst isn't enough right now....
He has a stealth,slow,poison,100% crit and if placed correctly, a fear.

If your lane can't kill someone with all those ccs by one jungler ganking by stealting in and critting, then you don't deserve to win your laning phase :\

tl;tr Shaco buffs are unnecessary as I've seen what the current shaco can do

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Someone ran into one too many boxes on Dominion.

:>

Aesthet1c

Yeah I'm ok with the nerfs they are giving to Graves. They are all pretty light, and sound reasonable.

Also, I'm excited for the Dominion changes that they teased.

Blizzard

Banned
Achtius said:
Is Vayne suppose to rape Ezreal? Or am I playing Ezreal wrong.

She goes PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW and I die.
If it's a good Vayne, yes, Ezreal is squishy. Competent and/or fed Vaynes will kill people in like 3-4 shots or something.

*edit* What is with all the poop flying around in this thread. =(

Achtius

Blizzard said:
If it's a good Vayne, yes, Ezreal is squishy. Competent and/or fed Vaynes will kill people in like 3-4 shots or something.

*edit* What is with all the poop flying around in this thread. =(

How can you say you love this thread, if you can't even eat the poops flying around.

Also I was doing better than vayne in laning phase :(

ez is a poker, needs to keep distance, has long CD on his blink
vayne is a gapcloser, has short CD on her tumble.
on same skill level, vayne does have upper hand

Achtius

Ladyboy101 said:
ez is a poker, needs to keep distance, has long CD on his blink
vayne is a gapcloser, has short CD on her tumble.
on same skill level, vayne does have upper hand

She was raping our tower, I didn't have the luxury of poking her. She just tumbled in and rape me at my tower even tho I am better equipped :(

Achtius said:
She was raping our tower, I didn't have the luxury of poking her. She just tumbled in and rape me at my tower even tho I am better equipped :(
she probably stun you on your tower, with her ulti, tumble and sheen, she probably killed you instantly, 3-4 hits within 2 sec

ez vs vayne, its not a fair match.

Blizzard

Banned
Ultimoo said:
bewitched nidalee skin worth it

or does nidalee suck too much now
Ask yourself, can anything really be worth more than the French Maid Nidalee skin?

Sometimes she has really painful spears, but other than that I dunno if she's very good anymore.

Neki

decided not to, just using nightblade irelia

nightblade irelia too op. only have trinity force and thornmail, able to 1v1 anyone on their team, regardless of ap/ad.

gogo irelia.

Ferrio

Banned
So, I was forced to mid as Riven against an Ashe. I thought I'd get creamed, but I was harassing her good and she couldn't dent me. Ran her off many times (almost kills, but she'd always flash). We won the game at like 20 mins due to a surrender even though had a leaver on our team.

Ultimoo said:
decided not to, just using nightblade irelia

nightblade irelia too op. only have trinity force and thornmail, able to 1v1 anyone on their team, regardless of ap/ad.

gogo irelia.
you can't 1v1 jax and tryndamere

Wrekt

Ferrio said:
So, I was forced to mid as Riven against an Ashe. I thought I'd get creamed, but I was harassing her good and she couldn't dent me. Ran her off many times (almost kills, but she'd always flash). We won the game at like 20 mins due to a surrender even though had a leaver on our team.
Assassins are working out pretty good at mid. I mid'd against a Talon yesterday as Malzahar and he put up a better fight than most traditional mages do. At the end of the laning phase we were even at 1 kill each (his jungler actually ganked while mine was apparently playing a very different PvE game.) Still though, even with no ganks I usually come out at least a kill or two ahead against traditional mid champs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom