• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark

KlockreN said:
Do you guys listen to music while playing? If so what do you listen to?

I love playing with TOOL in the background.

I love my electronic & drum n' base.

I can highly recommend Feint, Approaching Nirvana, The Glitch Mob & Trentemoller.

Swig_

Thinking about buying Graves or Vayne.. can't decide which. The Graves nerfs worry me a little, but they don't sound THAT bad.. Which one is a better choice? I prefer Graves' aesthetics..

MultiCore

Kod1ak said:
Thinking about buying Graves or Vayne.. can't decide which. The Graves nerfs worry me a little, but they don't sound THAT bad.. Which one is a better choice? I prefer Graves' aesthetics..

I have graves. He's ok for now, but I have a feeling they'll keep nerfing him.

I've seen some really wicked Vayne play lately....

Inskipp

Kod1ak said:
Thinking about buying Graves or Vayne.. can't decide which. The Graves nerfs worry me a little, but they don't sound THAT bad.. Which one is a better choice?
Both characters are similar in playstyle, as in getting close and ruining their targets day. Here's what both characters have over one another:

Vayne:

-Superior mobility (tumble + passive)
-Can stealth during ult (amazingly handy in teamfights/juking)
-AD steroid
-Stun
-% scaling True damage
-Shorter cooldowns mid/endgame

Graves:

-Superior burst
-Superior durability
-All of his abilities are AoE (apart from E)
-Long-range AoE slow (with DARKNESS)
-Can dash over thin walls
-Attack speed- steroid

Pick your poison.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Kassadin vs. Morgana. Jungle Blitz. SK trying to beat the best team in the world with this nonsense.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Archie said:
http://www.twitch.tv/wellplayed

Dignitas stomped SK in game 1
Terrible picks by SK. I played Kass vs. Morgana mid earlier this week and she is seriously such a hard counter to him. She can push the lane and deny farm like nothing, Black Shield his silence, and hold him down in place with her Q.

Edit: Trynd banned. Hueheuehuehue.

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
So, I was forced to mid as Riven against an Ashe. I thought I'd get creamed, but I was harassing her good and she couldn't dent me. Ran her off many times (almost kills, but she'd always flash). We won the game at like 20 mins due to a surrender even though had a leaver on our team.
Did she not use the slow spread arrows and single arrows? I would think that would prevent you from even getting in charge range, but maybe not.

Aesthet1c

Ultimoo said:
decided not to, just using nightblade irelia

nightblade irelia too op. only have trinity force and thornmail, able to 1v1 anyone on their team, regardless of ap/ad.

gogo irelia.
I started playing Irelia because of this comment, and I thank you. She is amazing and a ton of fun to play. I've been playin her tanky with trinity force and it's crazy how much damage she can still put out.

Achtius

Aesthet1c said:
I started playing Irelia because I'd this comment, and I thank you. She is amazing and a ton of fun to play. I've been playin her tanky with trinity force and it's crazy how much damage she can still put out.

True Damage^TM

Ark

I don't even build trinity force on Irelia, I go straight for frozen mallet & atmas impaler into a force of nature/thornmail and I'll usually get my trinity force towards the 50-60 minute mark if I can.

Funnily enough I actually find that I do better with this build than with my trinity force build.

Ark

Dance In My Blood said:
I don't really even play Irelia and I know this build is terrible. Everyone maxes Hiten Style first.

Also: running ignite/ghost is just dumb.

I don't follow that build anymore, but it was actually different when I first used it...It used to tell you to max W first, ah well. I actually max my E first now simply because of the burst harass it gives me in top-lane.

Achtius

Ark said:
I don't follow that build anymore, but it was actually different when I first used it...It used to tell you to max W first, ah well. I actually max my E first now simply because of the burst harass it gives me in top-lane.

I alternate between the two, but sometimes max hiten first if I get harass like hell.

Merovin

Devin Olsen said:
I'll pay 30$ for a good Ashe skin. Riot I beg of you, please.

I'd give double this for a legendary Anivia skin, turning her into a true fire phoenix. (Think Cryocore Brand opposite)

Ferga

SouthernDragon said:
now I want to try out Irelia again

item build order and skill order, please

I get trinity and GA and really that's all i need. I spam wards after that with some extra hp items with a late atma's if the game goes on for too long

Max hiten style and the slow/stun first

Only play her solo top though or it's really pointless playing with her because i've found that to completely stomp on the opposing team is to get at least 110cs in the first 15-20minutes.

Once you get there, you've pretty much won the game imo.

Careful of swain or singed at top vsing you though. Singed won't allow you to harrass him so you just gotta get good at last hitting at the tower.

Swain... you're just kind screwed lol

Ferny

I've played Irelia a lot and have never maxed W first. Always a point at 4 and that was enough for me. It just seems like a waste to me since you should be good on health anyway but I don't know. Im sure it doesn't hurt either.

Ferga

Ferny said:
I've played Irelia a lot and have never maxed W first. Always a point at 4 and that was enough for me. It just seems like a waste to me since you should be good on health anyway but I don't know. Im sure it doesn't hurt either.

True damage and heal.... Why wouldn't you max it?

And by level 9 you're still in lane so you can constantly harass your opponent while being on full health the entire time. Keep doing that and you'll zone them out of a whole level of exp by level 11.

Free farm for the first 20minutes of the game? yes please!

Blizzard

Banned
Ferga said:
True damage and heal.... Why wouldn't you max it?

And by level 9 you're still in lane so you can constantly harass your opponent while being on full health the entire time. Keep doing that and you'll zone them out of a whole level of exp by level 11.

Free farm for the first 20minutes of the game? yes please!
Wait, Irelia DOES have a heal. I could have sworn someone was telling me in a game today that she didn't. :mad:

Also, I just accidentally got random'd into Ashe since I wasn't paying attention at champion select. I went like 11/2/7 thanks to good teammates and CC. She did surprising amounts of damage, it's weird, I'd be like oh crap we gotta run, here I'll poke and shoot a volley *double kill* *triple kill*

MultiCore

My best game ever. Normal PvP.
26OBL.png

Achtius

SouthernDragon said:
My apologies to J Rizzle.

I did really poorly. We shouldn't have played that last game.

The rest of us don't matter apparently. :p

I d/c'ed tho half way through. And then when i tried to reconnect, it say something about firewall so i had to restart the comp.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
i5jfDTXu0xJ0d.png

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Blizzard

Banned
Most painful win ever. Their Teemo and Eve were doing ludicrous damage by the end when I didn't have my bloodthirster's farmed. I finally got another BT instead of boots, but that's slightly slower movement.

cait5rurx.png

It was SO painful trying to coordinate everyone too. People kept diving in, getting 3-shotted by Teemo, and then we'd have to wait until next time. My hair is now 100% gray. ;( At least I broke the 20 kill mark finally. Largest crit strike 1712.

Blizzard

Banned
AcridMeat said:
Did that game go an hour 1/2?
76 minutes, if I recall correctly. :( I think I had 7k+ gold at one point before I started buying all the buff potions each death and got the extra phantom dancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom