• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The drama about Wickd leaving SK gaming is delicioso.

Wickd left and said he didn't get along with the team but wished them the best.
Ocelete made some long statement about how he loved Wickd and did everything he could to get him to stay but didn't really know why Wickd left.
Wickd posted some IRC logs about how he was frustrated with Ocelete (who said he was trolling their game vs. Dignitas last weekend). Wickd says Ocelete is wasting his time if he does that during tournaments and Ocelete tells him to leave.
So good.

IsayFever

d8zWT.jpg

LOLOLOL TEXT BROKE

Flare

Two games with more than two leavers. How does that work? I can't believe I had to stick with those games for 20 minutes.

For some reason though, draft mode inspires a little more seriousness. At least from what I've played so far. But solo blind pick remains shit.

Dance In My Blood said:
The drama about Wickd leaving SK gaming is delicioso.

From occasionally watching their streams, Wickd seems to me an unsufferable annoying 12-year-old with an extremely annoying laugh, while Ocelot is somewhat easier to stomach.

dimb

perryfarrell said:
From occasionally watching their streams, Wickd seems to me an unsufferable annoying 12-year-old with an extremely annoying laugh, while Ocelot is somewhat easier to stomach.
If Ocelot isn't even willing to take tournaments seriously I would say he's the insufferable twelve year old.

Also, Wickd is at least 17. C'mon.

dimb

Ultimoo said:
southerndragon yorrick doing damage to his own team again I see.
Should I even ask why he would build Tear + Catalyst? And not go TP?

I would like to ask what the hell they did to Skarner. A Skarner ate my lunch as Yorick earlier today, it was ridiculous.

That said, here's my current build for Yorick:

Tear
Boots
Glacial
Banshees
Glacial -> Frozen Heart
Tear -> Manamune

Suggestions?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Riven's jungle is horrid x-x

This is why I don't play SR.

Riven is my perfect waifu on Dom.

dimb

SouthernDragon said:
I would like to ask what the hell they did to Skarner. A Skarner ate my lunch as Yorick earlier today, it was ridiculous.

That said, here's my current build for Yorick:

Tear
Boots
Glacial
Banshees
Glacial -> Frozen Heart
Tear -> Manamune

Suggestions?
You have no damage, and hence, are ineffective.

Tear
Boots
Manamune (Unless you're losing lane, then go tanky item first)
Glacial or Spirit Visage depending on enemy team comp
Sheen
Veil or Heart if you didn't get it earlier
Trinity Force
Warmogs
Atmas
Whatever I dunno I just build shit. Get more CDR and Sheen.

Neki

too much sr in here, it hurts.

also you need to assert lane dominance with your farm. if you go tear catalyst, and he goes boots sheen, or catalyst blasting rod, he's going to push you out of lane. that's why gp5 items aren't the best items. the gp5 gives you no lane control.

dimb

I don't like playing Irelia and I don't think I would ever pay IP for Leblanc.

Neki

Dance In My Blood said:
I don't like playing Irelia and I don't think I would ever pay IP for Leblanc.
how can you not like irelia?

see opponent - > press q - > roll face on keyboard - > kill opponent

if opponent survives the initial burst, continue to chase, press q - > roll face on keyboard.

if opponent stuns you

doesn't matter, you're irelia.

dimb

Ultimoo said:
how can you not like irelia?

see opponent - > press q - > roll face on keyboard - > kill opponent

if opponent survives the initial burst, continue to chase, press q - > roll face on keyboard.

if opponent stuns you

doesn't matter, you're irelia.
I would just rather be playing someone else most of the time. I love top, and I have a lot of champions that run that lane I like. Jax, GP, Yorick, Cho, Nasus, Ali, Singed, Rumble, and Morgana are all more appealing to me.

dimb

Halycon said:
We had no jungle :x

I can't imagine her laning is very good.
There just isn't anywhere to put her unless you feel like going against a ranged AD/support bottom.

dimb

Ferrio said:
I mid as her yesterday and rocked the lane against ashe.
It sounds like you're just pubstomping people who are trolling or can't play the game at all. Any decent AP mid will crush you.

Haly

Yeah I'm not impugning your skill or anything but, if I saw a Riven mid with any typical mid champ, I would immediately think "woo, free lane".

The odds are just stacked against her.

Haly

I can't even fathom how an Ashe would lose to Riven, kite kite kite kite all day.

Ferrio

Banned
Halycon said:
I can't even fathom how an Ashe would lose to Riven, kite kite kite kite all day.

Exhaust, Flash, Her dash, her Q's, and her ult.

Dance In My Blood said:
The meta is just stacked against Riven.

I agree, and I'd never put her mid unless I had too. But to say her laning isn't good is silly.

Haly

Ah I see. Well, sometime you'll have to show me lane Riven in action.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Halycon said:
Ah I see. Well, sometime you'll have to show me lane Riven in action.
Riven is surprising difficult for squishy range. She has her annoying gap close + strong burst. My first time up against her I was Lux and got one shotted. Put her in her place afterwards. But I was surprised how much damage she does right out of the gate with some speed.

Though she doesn't really seem to scale well.

Flare

Ferrio said:
Riven comes outta the gates with such huge damage potential, you gotta use it early or you're fucked.

This. Riven needs to be very aggressive early game to work late game. If not, she's gonna fade late game unless you and you're team catches up.

Also, what's going on? Practically all threads on the LoL forums are raging at something. It should probably be noted I'm not really into the whole LoL pro-scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom