• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Riven doesn't scale well? What?

I'm confused, it feels like we're talking about two different Rivens.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't see a place for characters who require early aggresion. I sit under my tower and it's pretty much GG.

Ferrio

Banned
I disagree that she doesn't scale well. But if you don't play her aggressive in the beginning you'll be left behind for the rest of the game with not much way to catch up.

I don't see a place for characters who require early aggresion. I sit under my tower and it's pretty much GG.

She farms waves amazingly. Even if I don't get a kill, being able to farm like mad is worht it.

dimb

solblade00 said:
This. Riven needs to be very aggressive early game to work late game. If not, she's gonna fade late game unless you and you're team catches up.

Also, what's going on? Practically all threads on the LoL forums are raging at something. It should probably be noted I'm not really into the whole LoL pro-scene.
There was a big match today between Dignitas and Chicks Dig ELO.

They were playing in a tournament last week. The tournament rules called for them to play a best of three with the team coming in from the losers bracket at a one game disadvantage. Dignitas had previously won, so CDE came in thinking they were going to lose. Against all odds they won two games in a row and thought they had qualified to go to WCG in Korea.

Then WCG came back a few days later. They said the rules they had written on the internet were wrong, and that they were actually supposed to play best of three best of three (this was supposedly a joint decision with input from Riot that best supported the "spirit of competition"). In other words, a best of three set would only count for one point, and to win a team would need two points. No other teams playing the tournament followed these rules. CDE were forced to play another best of three with Dignitas to qualify for WCG Korea. They lost.

Here is a long post detailing a lot of the junk: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/lqzrn/my_opinion_on_the_cde_vs_dignitas_decision/

The rule isn't even logical. The teams could be playing six games straight with the "intended ruleset", which could last well over six hours. That's absurd.

dimb

Also, Dignitas had a player that played on two seperate teams in the tournament, representing two different countries because he had dual citizenship. He was not disqualified because SPIRIT OF COMPETITION SHUT UP AND FOLLOW THE RULES.

Haly

What are they going to do when that team goes against Dignitas?

DUAL BOX LOL Y/N?

Flare

Huh, that's pretty messed up. Didn't something similar happen at Dreamhack earlier? This Marcou dude seems to be getting all the flak. It mostly seems to be WCG who's responisble for this mess.

Ah well, CDE must've felt like crap after they lost that third set after winning the second round. At least now I know why everyone's writing scumbag Jatt all over the place.

AcridMeat

Banned
VQmqL.jpg

After losing all day it feels so good to get the win on a 4v5.

Feep

Banned
Oh man, Riot Games just invited me to take a tour of their studios next week down in Santa Monica, because I released Sequence.

Hilariously, the guy who invited me doesn't seem to know I'm in the game as Nocturne, so I get to surprise him. = D

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Feep said:
Oh man, Riot Games just invited me to take a tour of their studios next week down in Santa Monica, because I released Sequence.

Hilariously, the guy who invited me doesn't seem to know I'm in the game as Nocturne, so I get to surprise him. = D

Turn off the light, and scream "darknessssss"

Feature

Banned
Feep said:

What's Sequence? and your voice is actually nocturn??? awesome.

Blizzard

Banned
Halycon said:
Riven's jungle is horrid x-x

This is why I don't play SR.

Riven is my perfect waifu on Dom.
Why would you jungle with Riven? She doesn't even have a built-in heal, only a very short shield.

I tend to agree with that Dancing Blood guy though, even Rayven from Riot was like, use Riven on Dominion, but don't use her on Summoner's Rift unless you have a team built just so she fits in. I suspect the same thing is kinda due to Morde now, unless he counts as an AP mid person?

Haly

She's a pretty decent ganker, and as I've stated before, I was doubtful of her laning abilities.

I thought she was more suited to jungling than laning, and she is sustainable even if very fragile. I messed up somewhere so I couldn't clear the jungle in two runs (I had to skip red) but Stonewall's shown that it's possible. And he lists her as Tier 2 in his list, so I was curious if that placement is justified.

I may have to rethink how jungle Riven works though, obviously she is not your typical jungler.

dimb

Blizzard said:
I tend to agree with that Dancing Blood guy though, even Rayven from Riot was like, use Riven on Dominion, but don't use her on Summoner's Rift unless you have a team built just so she fits in. I suspect the same thing is kinda due to Morde now, unless he counts as an AP mid person?
Morde is tanky/sustain, so you'd run him top. His shield nerfs just push him into obscurity though.

Haly

Morde was a pretty binary champ. If you faced him in your lane, there was one of two outcomes:

1) Morde sucks: You keep him away from creeps, no shield makes him useless
2) Morde is smart: He's willing to take some extra damage to get near creeps to recharge his shield. He gains lane dominance, his shield never dipping below 50% between waves, the rest of the laning phase devolves into a passive farm fest.

Rayven

aka surume
Blizzard said:
Why would you jungle with Riven? She doesn't even have a built-in heal, only a very short shield.

I suck, don't listen to me. I've seen her do well on Dominion though. High mobility, short CDs, no resource.

Blizzard

Banned
Rayven said:
I suck, don't listen to me. I've seen her do well on Dominion though. High mobility, short CDs, no resource.
You heard it here first folks, Rayven sucks. And yes, I've seen Riven do ok in Dominion, even though having only 400-500 movement speed seems SO SLOW in Dominion.

Speaking of Rayven, the death recap UI in Dominion seems messed up sometimes, like when I would die after taking 1800 damage with Rammus, and the death recap screen would claim I died from like 400 total damage.

Jenga

Banned
Feep said:

is it a recruitment kinda thing or just "wow you're a talented indie dude come over and we can have a sleepover"

Feep said:

Whoa, can you explain how you're in the game as Nocturne?

Congrats though, you deserve it.

Inskipp

Boken said:
So like, who's side should I be on?
There's too much under the hood- stuff going on to be picking sides here... We're barely scratching the surface.

I'd like to hear Dignitas's version of the story.

Haly

Her expression is too gentle.

Riven is SRS BSNS warrior, man.

Haly

He probably has masteries to lower the cooldown.

Haly

That's overkill. You only need a bit to achieve sustainability in the jungle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom