• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ioU5dKKjzMg7f.png

It must be great to be able to kill someone without fear of retaliation.

Fucking Xerath, if he was anyone else I'd have eaten him alive.

Okay I've decided, I'm going to buy either Graves, Xerath or Shyvanna depending on whether or not she's halfway decent.

Haly

"Players keep complaining about Wukong's W, but how to make it not suck?"
*someone at Riot shows the designers Phantom Lancer's Dopplewalk*
"BRILLIANT, let's put that in!"

Oh Riot, get some of your people on DOTA already.

Jenga

Banned
solblade00 said:
Bahaha, Caitlyn got nerfed.
Even if it's a small one
hell naw, any range reduction on her fucking annoying ass traps is good

just minding my own damn business in a bush and then she traps and stuns me a map away

Jenga

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
Except it's actually a buff if he can pop Jack-In-The-Boxes reliably in combat with their new timers.
except most AP shacos are trolling assholes and it won't matter anyway because they suck

anyways I predict base stat nerfs for Graves next patch

Haly

This is actually a buff.

Lol at you shaco haters.

Haly

Jenga said:
i'm talking about the laning AP shacos who stack boxes in a bush and feed all game
Oh yeah those are the worst.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Talon nerf is pretty huge. He was kind of ridiculous though.

And I guess the setup time for JitB is the same for now so whatever, straight nerf to AP Shaco for now.

Blizzard

Banned
Caitlyn's my favorite champion! I think she was my first to spend 6300 IP on! Oh hi, nerf.

Talon was pretty good, waiting on him to be free or get enough IP -- oh wait, nerf.

Although I'm just reacting to what people are saying in the thread. Are there actual text patch notes somewhere?

Blizzard

Banned
Well, Caitlyn seems like she could still be useful as long as they don't nerf her into oblivion. :( The traps could already be walked around, and now they will be even more useless for guarding bushes. Oh wells. The peacemaker change doesn't seem like a big deal but presumably it will rob me of innumerable kills. I'm already QQ'ing.

Talon should now have major mana problems with the rake.

Haly

Talon's lane sustain was silly, he needed a nerf.

Jenga

Banned
Blizzard said:
Well, Caitlyn seems like she could still be useful as long as they don't nerf her into oblivion. :( The traps could already be walked around, and now they will be even more useless for guarding bushes. Oh wells. The peacemaker change doesn't seem like a big deal but presumably it will rob me of innumerable kills. I'm already QQ'ing.

dude you're talking like caitlyn got raped

she's about the same only her Q was slightly toned down and now she can't just trap you freely with no risk

i fight caits who know what they're doing, her nerfs were slight touches to make her slightly less annoying, she's still potent as all hell

Haly

Blizzard is in constant troll mode when it comes to LoL.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Blizzard said:
Way too easy in top lane with no real counters. He could harass and farm with his Rake without worrying about mana. It was kind of obscene. No real hard counters in a situation like that, and his ult on such a low cooldown was both an offensive weapon and a get out of jail free card every 30 seconds.

It would be cool if Wukong could go top now. Always like seeing more variety up there.

Blizzard

Banned
Jenga said:
dude you're talking like caitlyn got raped

she's about the same only her Q was slightly toned down and now she can't just trap you freely with no risk

i fight caits who know what they're doing, her nerfs were slight touches to make her slightly less annoying, she's still potent as all hell
Using traps too much caused Caitlyn mana problems though, especially if she also used piltover. Anyway, I'm just glad they didn't reduce her range and stats yet.

Dance In My Blood said:
Way too easy in top lane with no real counters. He could harass and farm with his Rake without worrying about mana. It was kind of obscene. No real hard counters in a situation like that, and his ult on such a low cooldown was both an offensive weapon and a get out of jail free card every 30 seconds.
Oh I imagine Talon probably was overpowered, but I only used him briefly the week he was free, and it's always sad when I don't get a chance to use overpowered champions more often. ;(

*edit* I am embarrassed for that team that lost to Eve + Sivir, but at least Eve did die 13 times, almost exactly half of her entire team's deaths. :p

Steaks

Blizzard said:

It was pretty much impossible to kill Caitlyn before unless you had like Nocturne ganking her lane with Taric with flash and Graves or something.

Boken

Banned
Looks like RiOT are trying pretty hard to limit downtime. Their server problems are like a problem of yesterday. This is good.

Boken

Banned
Shyvana instant impressions:

Saintvicious says shes "broken as fuck" - double buff at 3:30 (jungle duh). AHAHAHA

Phantomlord top laning with her, eating faces with W. Dragon form + W = real scary looking.

Hero

Talon nerf? What the fuck? They already nerfed his mana regen and now they increased the mana cost on his most used ability? Fucking Riot, I'm so pissed right now. Ultimate did not need to be changed either.

Swig_

Blizzard said:
Caitlyn's my favorite champion! I think she was my first to spend 6300 IP on! Oh hi, nerf.

Talon was pretty good, waiting on him to be free or get enough IP -- oh wait, nerf.

Although I'm just reacting to what people are saying in the thread. Are there actual text patch notes somewhere?

I know how you feel. I just bought Graves. I knew nerfs were coming, but they didn't sound that bad. Now I'm getting raped by Wukong and the dragon bitch all game. Feels bad, man. :\

Inskipp

Graves and Caitlyn nerfs are very slim, they will still remain as popular/powerful characters.

New character however looks OP from looking at saintvicious's stream. Very high sustained AoE- damage, strong burst potential with Q, ridiculous mobility and low cooldowns with no mana to hold you back... Not to mention her ult.

Does she have a weakness?

I'm gonna get an IP boost and grind enough IP before she gets released in EU.

red13th

Irelia doesn't have weaknesses, Caitlyn doesn't have weaknesses, Nocturne has negligible weaknesses etc. Giving champions weaknesses isn't something Riot seems to enjoy doing very much.

EDIT: I love Olaf buff, he was my favourite character a long long time ago, can't wait to try him out now. :D

red13th

Inskipp said:
Farm-dependent, and is susceptible to be countered by certain champions (Nasus for example)

LOL it's super easy to farm with Irelia top against... almost any champ. Poppy is hard to farm with, Irelia isn't.
And farm dependency isn't an inherent design weakness. Kinda like Vlad having bad early game and still being toxic to the game unless he was weak.

Inskipp said:
Assassins/Anti-carries.

Exhaust, Flash, positioning (not hard with her range), slow+short teleport to prevent chasing and jump over walls. Oh, and traps for field control.
I suppose she does have a weakness (being squishy) that's ridiculously easy to ignore, since she can easily prevent engages or reset non-hard engages.

Blizzard

Banned
Steaks said:
It was pretty much impossible to kill Caitlyn before unless you had like Nocturne ganking her lane with Taric with flash and Graves or something.
Are you serious? Do you mean impossible to kill her in the laning phase? Because otherwise she's a squishy AD carry and needs focused down by the team. If you're saying it's pretty much impossible to kill her at ALL, well, trying playing Caitlyn in a Summoner's Rift game and see if you get 0 deaths in all your games. :p

Rammus with thornmail and taunt is very hard for Caitlyn to kill in my experience. You need an AP teammate to kill him instead, though if you have two farmed bloodthirsters you might be able to heal off the damage. Flash and exhuast have long cooldowns. Even the net has a 10-20 second cooldown. Caitlyn doesn't have anywhere near the crazy running speed and heal of people like Singed or Mundo (or TF ulting out, or Nocturne ulting out) if you want to talk about champions who are hard to gank.

Also Irelia only has single-target abilities I thought. Doesn't that make it hard to last-hit without wasting mana?

red_13th said:
Irelia doesn't have weaknesses, Caitlyn doesn't have weaknesses, Nocturne has negligible weaknesses etc. Giving champions weaknesses isn't something Riot seems to enjoy doing very much.

EDIT: I love Olaf buff, he was my favourite character a long long time ago, can't wait to try him out now. :D

GAH HAHAHAHHAHAHA

Inskipp

red_13th said:
LOL it's super easy to farm with Irelia top against... almost any champ.
That may be so, but she can't easily commit to harass without disrupting her farm. Which isn't always the ideal case.
red_13th said:
And farm dependency isn't an inherent design weakness.
It is. Why do you think zoning exists?
red_13th said:
Exhaust, Flash, positioning
All those tools are also available for everybody else.
red_13th said:
slow+short teleport to prevent chasing and jump over walls.
Has a very slow animation, you can practically catch her mid-flight.
red_13th said:
Oh, and traps for field control.
You can walk around the traps.

red_13th said:
I suppose she does have a weakness
Good thing we agree on that.

tryndamere is the best carry in the game. nobody carries as hard as he does. but if your team is straight up garbage who dont participate in team fights he still cant be victorious.

also i hate to see shaco on my team, most of them are either straight up unskilled feeder or just some retard fuck who never go in a team fight.

Steaks said:
i rape caityn with tryndamere, gangplank, straight up 1v1, pre level 6 or not. she's squishy and slow.

Blizzard

Banned
Why is League of Legends so full of rape? :( Everywhere you go, Caitlyn is getting raped, or someone is "raping face", or the team is getting raped, or a GAFfer is telling someone on the other team to "get shit on". Why so violent?

Flare

I can't check right now, so what are Shyvana's skin bundles? Please tell me the one skin bundle includes Ironscale and not Boneclaw.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Blizzard said:
Why is League of Legends so full of rape? :( Everywhere you go, Caitlyn is getting raped, or someone is "raping face", or the team is getting raped, or a GAFfer is telling someone on the other team to "get shit on". Why so violent?

I'm nice. :)

solblade00 said:
I can't check right now, so what are Shyvana's skin bundles? Please tell me the one skin bundle includes Ironscale and not Boneclaw.

It's Boneclaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom