• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thestopsign said:
For anyone who's playing the League on the modded Mac Client, don't! The game won't load when you join a game and you will get a leave, this is a problem and the mod community are currently trying to fix it.

I'd like to point out that LoL runs WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY much better on a PC partition. Absurdly so. CPU usage runs to 110% on the Mac side, and 30-40% on the PC side.

shintoki said:
Pretty mediocre line up.

Ouch!

Ultimoo said:
just constantly gank southerndragon and he's going to get angry and retreat into his reclusive shell.

:<

Man, LoL made me into a dick. I'm not like that outside of the game. ;_;

Honestly, I don't know how you guys put up with me anymore, I've been getting worse. :(

IsayFever

Ultimoo said:
you plan on ganking someone on your own team? you're even more evil than jenga and boken combined.

I'll jungle and bait a gank in a lane, then force them to initiate and walk away. Trolollolol

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Weird things I hear in LoL: "call the plice xcuz i rped shaco"

Destroyed a Shyvana with Amumu today. So she's supposed to be OP?

dimb

Wrekt said:
AD carry shut down by a highly armored tank. Somebody alert Riot and tell them to buff Shyv.
Well she's an early game aggression champ versus a champion who takes a pretty long time to really get rolling, and she does have a knockback, as small as it is.

I was just surprised at how hard he countered her once I could really just lock her down in place. She seems very positioning oriented, so any kind of stun or CC will hit her harder than a lot of other champs.

SouthernDragon said:
I'd like to point out that LoL runs WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY much better on a PC partition. Absurdly so. CPU usage runs to 110% on the Mac side, and 30-40% on the PC side.

I was using it solely for convenience of not having to switch over partitions for work so I knew about the whole performance issues. It just lost me a ranked game and wanted to warn others of what was going on.

I'm also doing well in Ranked as Taric, I'm now 4-0 as him. Start with 3 wards bot and you ward their bush. If you get Vayne, Graves, Ashe, or MF bot you have enough burst to take out a squishy support in two stuns, works really well. You also become virtually ungankable until lvl 6.

dimb

-Check stats after match as Gangplank
-Twice as much damage done as everyone else in the game, including the AD carries

I'm into this.

AcridMeat

Banned
You guys need to stop posting games where I was crap. Oh wait that's most of them. :(

I think I'll wait until a Shyvana free week and enjoy learning more about Gangplank while he's free again. Dance in my Blood what items do you recommend for a GP who isn't jungling?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Survivability is for suckers.

Rush IE/Phantom/BS :D

dimb

I do not really like Phantom Dancer on GP at all. Attack Speed isn't a great stat for him and he has plenty with his E.

Neki

Dance In My Blood said:
I do not really like Phantom Dancer on GP at all. Attack Speed isn't a great stat for him and he has plenty with his E.
the crit though

won't someone think of the crit

Haly

I actually get Phantom Dancer for the crit and running around like a maniac.

And attack speed is really good for someone critting for 500 every other swing.

IsayFever

apcLJ.jpg

I dunno, gaf 5s or something or other.

dimb

Ultimoo said:
the crit though

won't someone think of the crit
Once I have Zeal on GP I'm usually just like..."Welllllll, Trinity Force I guess."
AcridMeat said:
Thanks a bunch! Excited to try him again, had a lot of fun last time around. I don't know why I never got around to unlocking him.

edit: When you say damage do you mean start out with a Doran's blade or get a wriggles or what?
Start Wriggles if you jungle...dunno guess you could roll it in lane. If you're laning I would always start boots and pots. Could go armor and pots too if you're solo top and build that into Wriggles. More just meant build like, Infinity Edge, Beserker's Boots, stuff like that early game.

In other news, why do I always pick last in Draft Mode? It's a mystery.

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
In other news, why do I always pick last in Draft Mode? It's a mystery.
I think someone said the last picks are the people with the lowest record/rating. I think I'm always last and I doubt anyone on NeoGAF has a worse win/loss record than me for normal games.

Rayven

aka surume
Blizzard said:
I think someone said the last picks are the people with the lowest record/rating. I think I'm always last and I doubt anyone on NeoGAF has a worse win/loss record than me for normal games.
Normal draft is random to take the emphasis off of hidden normal rating (just used for MM). I would like us to switch to Host = Captain then random.

Ranked Draft is Host = Captain then descending ELO.

Blizzard

Banned
Rayven said:
Normal draft is random to take the emphasis off of hidden normal rating (just used for MM). I would like us to switch to Host = Captain then random.

Ranked Draft is Host = Captain then descending ELO.
Well nevermind then, guess I'm just unlucky. Someone else also always seemed to be the ban picker which was odd. Is the purple = higher hidden ELO thing also a myth?

When you're Singed and the opposing team only does AD, it's GG. Especially when you're solo top against two melees. Just sit back and farm- then Frozen heart and run around like a mad man never dying.

Had a game tonight where our Jungle Yi got ganked and blamed our Teemo. Yi then proceeded to intentionally feed 7 more kills because he was so mad at Teemo for teleporting when he got ganked. Still, our team was dominating them and we ended up winning in 35 minutes 51-27 kills. It was a roller coaster of emotions. Our Akali was beating the hell out of the new champ and as Singed I was taking zero damage. It was crazy.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Okay, I want to improve my play.

My problem is I don't feel comfortable playing new characters and I fall into the habit of pigeon holing myself into just a few. Why? Because I just don't feel useful then.

Just had an epic game with the GAF crew. Someone said they took a picture of the endgame screen, but I'm not sure who.

Game went on 69 minutes and involved 4-5 baron fights with differing outcomes (besides the fact that we got them all). ufoboy carried hard with Graves, but everyone else was pulling their weight as well.

Shotoko, there's no getting around picking a new champ and sucking. Just do it.

thestopsign said:
Just had an epic game with the GAF crew. Someone said they took a picture of the endgame screen, but I'm not sure who.

Game went on 69 minutes and involved 4-5 baron fights with differing outcomes (besides the fact that we got them all). ufoboy carried hard with Graves, but everyone else was pulling their weight as well.

It was Electrastar.

Also, ufokidd (Graves) was amazing. Ulting him as Yorick was just too funny.

Mothman91

Fuck, sorry Southern, Acrid. My LoL kept on getting errors when I tried to start the game. Fucking mac version, I wish I had windows again =c

Yeah, they mentioned earlier that the Mac client was having issues. No worries, we surrendered at 20. It was a 3v5, one of the randoms decided to sit it out in base. Next time, dude.

Ferga

Nome said:
That's unfortunate. She seems kind of crazy at jungling.

3 minutes 30 seconds to clear the entire jungle with a good leash. 4minutes without one (tried it in custom and i had to wait at least 20-30 seconds to regain my health from pots but 3mins 30 is very achievable).

Ganks aren't great though so you're going to have to take smite/exhaust to ensure kills if your team has no ccs

Ferrio

Banned
Ya kinda wish I didn't buy her now. Her early game just seems so shitty. Your passive is almost useless until late game since you're attack speed is so low. You can't approach enemies without getting the shit beat outta you until you have your ult. Even when you have your ult, unless you have exhaust they get away easily.

AcridMeat

Banned
Mothman91 said:
Fuck, sorry Southern, Acrid. My LoL kept on getting errors when I tried to start the game. Fucking mac version, I wish I had windows again =c

No worries, next time. Like Southern said we were screwed anyway. At least Costume Quest is good guys!

Haly

I'm not really a stranger to Fiddle actually. I just forgot what it was like to play against a competent team. Got in 2 ganks early on and I got overconfident :p

Neki

Halycon said:
I'm not really a stranger to Fiddle actually. I just forgot what it was like to play against a competent team. Got in 2 ganks early on and I got overconfident :p
you spent more time in their jungle than in our jungle at one point. way too aggressive.

Haly

Ultimoo said:
you spent more time in their jungle than in our jungle at one point. way too aggressive.
I wanted to try invading, since I was pretty far ahead of GP. Sadly, Kass kept popping up when I went after GP, and GP popped up when I went after Kass.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ultimoo said:
I've seen horrors worse than southerdragon's yorrick.
I've seen horrors worse.

Shen, Wukong, and Dragon Lady afraid of jumping into a team of Ezreal, Soraka, Shaco, and Aniv. That's right. Our tank for the game was a fucking Vayne. Wasn't even a troll team. They were just that bloody bad.

Ferrio

Banned
Went 6/0/6 as shyvanna. Though only reason was I was solo top lane, and the garen was scared to pressure me some reason.

Though dragon form + her Q + tiamat is pretty fucking evil.

Blizzard

Banned
This thread is so bipolar. A page or two ago, people are like Shyvana is so OP, she is broken as FUCK, then this page, they're like:

Achtius said:
I think i kinda wasted the ip on shyvana, she's fun but i will never be good at using her.
Ferrio said:
Shyvanna sucks laning.
I mean, you will never be good at using her? Never? Ever? In what, one afternoon of trying her you've determined you will never be good and she sucks in lane?

Calm down people, I'm supposed to be the crazy complaining one around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom