• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsayFever

3VM85.jpg

I dont even know anymore

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dance In My Blood said:
What's Lee Sin's weakness? Being banned?
Yes.

:3

No, his weakness is his unreliable ganking. If he lands his Q, it's a guaranteed kill, if he misses it, it's a botched gank. In that respect, Riven is much easier to gank with even though her jungling is molasses. Also, Lee Sin's jungle is just barely faster than Riven's.

Wrekt

This week's free champs were like a perfect storm of champs I wanted to try.

Gangplank - Fun and I did well with him. Doubt I'll buy him but I might play a few more free games with him.

Vlad - Really fun but doesn't seem super strong. I'll just stick to one of my other 24 ranged carries.

Graves - I suck with him and don't really like his skills.

Jax - Fuck this guy. I was mega shitty with him.

ElectraStar

Wrekt said:
Vlad - Really fun but doesn't seem super strong. I'll just stick to one of my other 24 ranged carries.

If you feel he isn't super strong, than my dear friend you are doing it wrong! By level 9 your E-Q combo should take near half of most AD carries' health (assuming you max out your Q first).

Riven's jungling is a joke.

I have seen one person successful with it and I'd describe their performance as "satisfactory". This is out of the dozens I have seen, ranked or otherwise.

When someone says they're going to jungle Riven, I autolock Warwick and pretend I don't speak English.

Ferrio

Banned
Mister Wilhelm said:
Riven's jungling is a joke.

I have seen one person successful with it and I'd describe their performance as "satisfactory". This is out of the dozens I have seen, ranked or otherwise.

When someone says they're going to jungle Riven, I autolock Warwick and pretend I don't speak English.

Agreed, Riven is a laner. Not easy mode though.

Haly

iFudFjej8mb45.png

Jungle Blitz and Support Shaco? Fuck yes, troll team ftw.

Achtius

ElectraStar said:
If you feel he isn't super strong, than my dear friend you are doing it wrong! By level 9 your E-Q combo should take near half of most AD carries' health (assuming you max out your Q first).

nunu forced me out of lane when i was playing vlad for the first time. However, he was a cool nunu with the demolisher skin.

Haly

Oh damn, it was FOTM?

Lame, well that diminishes the victory somewhat.

Ark

I'm afraid jungle Veigar is the new meta.

Also; is Shyvana terrible or am I just seeing people play her wrong?

Ferrio

Banned
Ark said:
I'm afraid jungle Veigar is the new meta.

Also; is Shyvana terrible or am I just seeing people play her wrong?

Hard to say at this point. Right now I think her early game is really weak, but once she gets rolling she's pretty evil.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Anyone have any good Soraka tips? I've been using her a lot as of late.

Do you go for Gold Per X items? How much do you try and get AP wise from items?

My main thing I've been trying to do is to make sure I get cool down reducing items so I can spam mana for people and get my heal cd to a reasonable level.

I've heard different thoughts on starcall. Some people seem to think it's a great if you can level it and grab a slowing item. Others thing even at the lower mana cost it's a big mana drainer especially in early game.

Also what two summoner spells do you take? I tend to always take teleport and then either clairvoyance or sometimes clarity. People seem to think clarity is overkill with infuse, but with clarity I feel like I can use infuse a tad more as a silence and I never have to B for mana. Yet I sort of feel like I'm wasting a spell slot for that. IDK...

Ferrio

Banned
I'm not really good with her, but I think Mejai's is an excellent buy for her. It's cheap as dirt, and you get so many assists as soraka that you always have stacks.

What you don't get flash? That's.. odd.

Vanillalite

Ferrio said:
I'm not really good with her, but I think Mejai's is an excellent buy for her. It's cheap as dirt, and you get so many assists as soraka that you always have stacks.

What you don't get flash? That's.. odd.
I feel like flash is good to get you out of situations when you over extend. Yet if you just don't over extend the problem solves itself. This is provided you get boots of course.

I'm probably in the minority of course.

ElectraStar

Here is the story of Cait and AP Tristana.

Cait is walking by her turret with 100% HP.
AP Tristana jumps in.
Cait is dead.

I really gotta try that build!

Blizzard

Banned
ElectraStar said:
Here is the story of Cait and AP Tristana.

Cait is walking by her turret with 100% HP.
AP Tristana jumps in.
Cait is dead.

I really gotta try that build!
I hate this story since it involves Caitlyn dying. :( Plus, someone in this thread said Caitlyn had virtually no weaknesses!

(the only way I can think of to counter this would be for the Tristana not to be fed, the Caitlyn to be fed with lifesteal, or the Caitlyn to manage to pull off a net/exhaust/flash)

Is this the end of Caitlyn as we know it, folks? Tristana everywhere! </overreacting>

Blizzard

Banned
I'm not sure how to interpret some of these screenshots. =P

The first one has...a somewhat even game where they surrendered after 26 minutes? The other team was apparently bad, Graves and Kassadin were fed but Wukong had a similar score on the other team.

The second one has a Shyvana with lots of kills. Other than that, the overall kill/death/assist stats are pretty even.

I didn't total up the gold but what am I to draw from these? Rayven, this is kind of why I wish tower kills were still displayed. You don't know if the first game was surrendered because the other team got pushed to their nexus in 26 minutes, or if they just gave up after losing two towers.

Tell us an exciting story to go with your screenshots!

Brettison said:
Anyone have any good Soraka tips?

I like Morello's Evil Tome on her a lot. Cooldown reduction gives you more silences and more heals, while you still get a nice 75AP. I don't see other people use it on her, but I like it on support characters quite a bit. Though, this is still mostly theoretical as I am not very good at this game.

Haly

First game they surrendered after I ripped them a new one with my big fat
health pool

Their Wukong only survived the laning phase because I was too busy being a pimp, along with my #1 ho, Karma.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
FutureZombie said:
I like Morello's Evil Tome on her a lot. Cooldown reduction gives you more silences and more heals, while you still get a nice 75AP. I don't see other people use it on her, but I like it on support characters quite a bit. Though, this is still mostly theoretical as I am not very good at this game.
Most people would rather just go Shurelia's Reverie instead of Morello's.

Haly

Rod of Ages -> Deathcap.

Then again, that's my go-to ap hero build for everyone except Cass. Then it's Rylai's -> Deathcap.

Neki

I really hope that lux was a pub, guardian angel first on lux, lol...

Halycon said:
Rod of Ages -> Deathcap.

Then again, that's my go-to ap hero build for everyone except Cass. Then it's Rylai's -> Deathcap.

Brand is just Deathcap -> Void Staff. ;o

Veigar is usually Tear -> Deathfire Grasp -> Deathcap ->

Vanillalite

Halycon said:
Rod of Ages -> Deathcap.

That seems semi overkill for Soraka though seeing as her major block is her cool down timers right?

what is everyone's frames per second? In light battle I get about 25 to 30, out of battle I get 30 to 40, and in heavy battle I get 15. I am very worried that this is hindering my performance.

Ferrio

Banned
terrdactycalsrock said:
what is everyone's frames per second? In light battle I get about 25 to 30, out of battle I get 30 to 40, and in heavy battle I get 15. I am very worried that this is hindering my performance.

60. Of course my machine is vastly overpowered for this game.

Vanillalite

terrdactycalsrock said:

25 to 30 should be fine. 15 might be a bit of a hindrance though. Try turning down your settings (lighting is the 1st thing to tone down for big fps increases) and see how that goes.

KJTB

terrdactycalsrock said:

I get 60, never fluctuates for me really

Brettison said:
25 to 30 should be fine. 15 might be a bit of a hindrance though. Try turning down your settings (lighting is the 1st thing to tone down for big fps increases) and see how that goes.

You have control over graphics in this game? The closest thing to an options menu that I have found just lets me turn the volume off.

Flare

terrdactycalsrock said:
You have control over graphics in this game? The closest thing to an options menu that I have found just lets me turn the volume off.

You have to be in a game to be able to change your video and other setting. Just start up a custom game and change the settings.

Haly

Brettison said:
That seems semi overkill for Soraka though seeing as her major block is her cool down timers right?
I get the cooldown boots, with runes and masteries that's usually 30% ish.

Also.

Apologies to Legato Reborn and friends for that dumpster tier lee sin. Going to have to play solo for a while so I can relearn jungling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom