• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenga

Banned
Actually the threat of her ult is scary. Does it not decrease over time? Like, fighting her is scary when she constantly has that thing up and you know she can ult if you try to get too smart and pressure her

ElectraStar

thestopsign said:
Just had an epic game with the GAF crew. Someone said they took a picture of the endgame screen, but I'm not sure who.

Game went on 69 minutes and involved 4-5 baron fights with differing outcomes (besides the fact that we got them all). ufoboy carried hard with Graves, but everyone else was pulling their weight as well.

SouthernDragon said:
It was Electrastar.

Also, ufokidd (Graves) was amazing. Ulting him as Yorick was just too funny.

Somebody else volunteered to do it so I didn't screen cap :/

But anyways, it was nice to have a fun and challenging fight for a change. I specifically enjoyed the part when Yorick (Southern) and Shen (Chronos) got ganked, and Shyvana (Deus) Graves (ufokidd) and Vlad (myself) took it upon ourselves to kill almost all 5 of them at our nexus turret and proceded to push mid.

Awesome turnaround, and great teamwork. Let's do that again soon, yes?

Blizzard

Banned
ElectraStar said:
Somebody else volunteered to do it so I didn't screen cap :/

But anyways, it was nice to have a fun and challenging fight for a change. I specifically enjoyed the part when Yorick (Southern) and Shen (Chronos) got ganked, and Shyvana (Deus) Graves (ufokidd) and Vlad (myself) took it upon ourselves to kill almost all 5 of them at our nexus turret and proceded to push mid.

Awesome turnaround, and great teamwork. Let's do that again soon, yes?
Are you suggesting that in the vast majority of your games, you crush the opposition without a challenge?

Please invite me to everything ;_;

Blizzard

Banned
Jazzy Network said:
I think most gaf games are get stomped early and /ff or do well enough to turn it around late game.
What is /ff?

It seems like a fair number of GAF games I'm in lose. The ones that have crushing wins get posted but the losses (especially if Eve dies 14 times) are filled with tears and rage and we hide them to hide our shame.

I mean, it could just be that the challenge of having me on a team brings everyone on GAF down -- and I'm only being partially sarcastic -- but I feel pretty sure if our GAF team win percentage was that awesome, we could win more games with full teams. :p

Boken

Banned
Blizzard said:
This thread is so bipolar. A page or two ago, people are like Shyvana is so OP, she is broken as FUCK, then this page, they're like:
She is a bit of a pointless and weak solo top. There's no way for her to assert dominance over her opponent and she has 0 sustain. The only thing she does good is clear minions.

Which leads to why she seems really crazy - she is the fastest to 6 jungler in the game. She can get double buff at 3:30 and gank or counter jungle. Her biggest weakness is a lack of real cc.

Jenga said:
Actually the threat of her ult is scary. Does it not decrease over time? Like, fighting her is scary when she constantly has that thing up and you know she can ult if you try to get too smart and pressure her
No, her fury doesn't decrease. EVER. Infact, it increases when she does nothing. Lol.

Blizzard

Banned
Boken said:
She is a bit of a pointless and weak solo top. There's no way for her to assert dominance over her opponent and she has 0 sustain. The only thing she does good is clear minions.

Which leads to why she seems really crazy - she is the fastest to 6 jungler in the game. She can get double buff at 3:30 and gank or counter jungle. Her biggest weakness is a lack of real cc.

No, her fury doesn't decrease. EVER. Infact, it increases when she does nothing. Lol.
I'm just saying, all of this commentary is after she's only been out 24 hours or so. I figure maybe after a week people will have had more time to sort her out.

Ferrio

Banned
Boken said:

Right, so ya she maybe able to jungle.. but it doesn't do much good since she has no real ganking capability. Best she can hope for is to Ult to push them toward your tower... but that ult animation has some weird issues I think. I believe the recovery frames are way to much.

edit: Seems a lot of people are calling her to shittier version of Blitzcrank.

ElectraStar

Blizzard said:
Are you suggesting that in the vast majority of your games, you crush the opposition without a challenge?

Please invite me to everything ;_;
Haha, I wish that was the case.

What I meant is that the games in SR are generally decisive in one way or another: either we get crushed or we do the crushing. But there rarely is a game where the two teams (both in skill and in comp) are equals to the point where the winner can't be determined, where everyone is on the edge of their seats, until it's actually over, which in this case was 66 minutes in. A game where whether you win or lose you actually mean the "GG" in all chat.

But of course winning makes it better :D

Blizzard

Banned
ElectraStar said:
Haha, I wish that was the case.

What I meant is that the games in SR are generally decisive in one way or another: either we get crushed or we do the crushing.
Haha, fair enough.

Or you could have the occasional game like the solo queue one I posted with Caitlyn, where BOTH teams were bad and we went on for 79 minutes. XD

Actually, it was 69 minutes. I remember blinking when someone asked if his eyes were working correctly upon seeing us hit the 66 minute mark. I hadn't even noticed.

Blizzard said:
I mean, it could just be that the challenge of having me on a team brings everyone on GAF down -- and I'm only being partially sarcastic -- but I feel pretty sure if our GAF team win percentage was that awesome, we could win more games with full teams. :p

Team comp, dawg. We've been winning more than losing since we've started setting up adequate team comps. Most of the time that I've lost is because we have something weird like two AD range champs.

Macattk15

I gotsa play some GAF games. I consider myself a better than average LoL (thanks DotA / HoN) player and I keep rage to myself / directed at pubbers!

I THINK my summoner name is Siccar ... I have a few accounts ... but thats my main one with almost all of the champions (spent too much $$$) ... I'll tank, I'll carry, I'll support, I'll jungle ... whatevs ... add me!

broz0rs

SouthernDragon said:
Team comp, dawg. We've been winning more than losing since we've started setting up adequate team comps. Most of the time that I've lost is because we have something weird like two AD range champs.

I think the 2nd time I played with GAFers Cait and Graves were insta-locked, no negotiations possible. The game lead to a 20 minute surrender lol

But yeah, team comps pave the way to a better chance at winning.

Boken

Banned
You guys should just play draft mode. That'll force people to think of the team comps instead of having that one considerate dude who picks last and has to fill jungler and AP roles or something.

Hey Neki, I should stream our matches, y/n

EDIT: Graves is still a dick.

Macattk15

tubster68 said:
Did they even nerf graves at all? I don't feel it. Still OP as fuck..

Nope not really. His burst is still insane. I was still dropping people with ease in 2 abilities and a steroided auto attack burst last night.

Neki

Boken said:
You guys should just play draft mode. That'll force people to think of the team comps instead of having that one considerate dude who picks last and has to fill jungler and AP roles or something.

Hey Neki, I should stream our matches, y/n

EDIT: Graves is still a dick.

go ahead. the only problem is half of the sound is going to be me telling you why are you playing so bad and why you would make those items on that bad hero that you're terribly playing. and the other half will be you telling me all the stuff I should be doing.

ElectraStar

During champion select, when Tristana insta-locked and called mid, I felt like this was going to be a total trainswreck.

110211Vlad.jpg

But I guess we did okay! (we won)

Solo queue is so unpredictable, heh.

Blizzard

Banned
ElectraStar said:
During champion select, when Tristana insta-locked and called mid, I felt like this was going to be a total trainswreck.

The key strategy with solo queue is make sure that you end up with terrible enemy teams. I've found those are the easiest to beat. When you end up with the terrible team it's much harder to win. :(

Macattk15

ElectraStar said:

110211Vlad.jpg

But I guess we did okay! (we won)

You leave Tristana alone!

Blizzard

Banned
It is great when you get the unexpected good person in solo queue, like "Oh crap, Shaco instalock" and then it turns out they're a ridiculous Shaco tricking people into boxes and getting like 15 kills.

ElectraStar

Blizzard said:
It is great when you get the unexpected good person in solo queue, like "Oh crap, Shaco instalock" and then it turns out they're a ridiculous Shaco tricking people into boxes and getting like 15 kills.
Yeah, that's always a nice surprise.
To be fair the Fiddles was pretty bad, he was laning against Tristana and died three times within the first 10 minutes.
Also, I should try TP on Ashe next time I play her, it made for some pretty nice game changers when she TP'ed top as they got ganked.

Just played a Ranked game where each team had three teleports and two globals a piece, plus the other team had a very mobile Kassadin. You would start a fight somewhere and everyone would all of a sudden appear. It came down to who had the better timing for coming in/using globals.

We won as we had a surprisingly good AP Teemo and Vayne duo bot that got both of them fed fast, and our Karth eventually turned it around mid against Kassadin by getting fed off of other lanes with his ult. I somehow ended up with a very support like score with GP 3-4-19, Singed was solid as always top.

Blizzard

Banned
SouthernDragon said:
Good Fiddle = clickable multi-silence + clickable fear

So... they need to have eyes and a finger? :p
No, the good ones need to be able to do that, ult properly, and not get killed in 3-4 hits by AD champions and/or team focus.

Blizzard said:
No, the good ones need to be able to do that, ult properly, and not get killed in 3-4 hits by AD champions and/or team focus.

Since 'star usually plays casters, fear + silence in a teamfight is death, even if the Fiddle does nothing else.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Blizzard said:
Drain + Fear > AD champs.

Boken

Banned
Imagine if they removed Fiddle's ult from the game. He'd be pretty lame right? Well that's what a bad fiddle is like.

Ultimoo said:
go ahead. the only problem is half of the sound is going to be me telling you why are you playing so bad and why you would make those items on that bad hero that you're terribly playing. and the other half will be you telling me all the stuff I should be doing.
I'm like, the nicest guy in dominion. Unless I have shaco and rammus and eve on my team all trying to back cap. Then I quit dominion forever.

Question:

Does QSS remove channeling times? Wouldn't that be sick on any channeling ultimate?

Fiddle caught in the middle of a fight? Ult -> QSS to catch aggressors off-guard.

Neki

Boken said:
Imagine if they removed Fiddle's ult from the game. He'd be pretty lame right? Well that's what a bad fiddle is like.

I'm like, the nicest guy in dominion. Unless I have shaco and rammus and eve on my team all trying to back cap. Then I quit dominion forever.

back caps win games, amirite

Ferrio

Banned
Okay... Been crunching through items trying to figure out what I should try out with Shyvanna.,... this is what I have it boiled down to trying today

1. Wiggles
2. merc Boots
3. Cleaver
4. Trinity
5. Tiamat (maybe get it before trinity, or get zeal then tiamat... not sure yet)
6. Guardian

The other optino would be to replace tiamat/guardian and go Atma/warmogs.

The tiamat sounds too good on paper though. If you were able to get a tank like galio it'd be brutal.

Blizzard

Banned
SouthernDragon said:
Question:

Does QSS remove channeling times? Wouldn't that be sick on any channeling ultimate?

Fiddle caught in the middle of a fight? Ult -> QSS to catch aggressors off-guard.
This sounds like an interesting question, but I've never heard of QSS cancelling channel times. That sounds like it would be considered a bug even if it did work. Try it and report back!

Dance In My Blood said:
Drain + Fear > AD champs.
Right, but the idea is that there will be at least two people on a team who can deal out damage, and only one of them can be drained and fear'd. A reasonable team can have at least two and preferably four people kill fiddle instantly if he tries something like that.

And if you start arguing that Fiddle's team will protect him or he will use his ult and abilities strategically, well then you're arguing for a good Fiddle AND a good team combination with the Fiddle. Claiming that having an eye and fingers are all that's needed is silly, occasionally you run into situations where say, one champion is so big that it's hard to even click the right champion because the models are on top of each other. Say, giant Cho'gath on top of an AD champion. Did you just fear Cho instead of Vayne/Xin/Tryndamere/Cait? Oops, you may now be dead.

Arguing that the fiddle will be smart enough to only engage one person at a time, or to fear + drain the right champion (and that it's a squishy champion without magic resist), is again arguing that it's a decent/good fiddle.

Do mercury treads reduce fear time?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I dunno. I think Fiddle is pretty easy to play. You ult in, you can throw a crow at anyone and it'll bounce, you fear a high DPS target and you drain. The bigger thing is positioning and timing when and where you ult in.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Jazzy Network said:
Thinking about getting Riven to jungle. Anyone that has jungled with her have any opinions?
Slow, fragile. But she's a good invader, duelist and ganker.

She's definitely not your typical "jungle for 30 minutes then carry" type of champ.

Also she is the most kawaii jungler ever.

Blizzard

Banned
Jazzy Network said:
Thinking about getting Riven to jungle. Anyone that has jungled with her have any opinions?
If you mean "I already own Riven and I want to make her jungle", then my advice is don't. If you mean "I am considering purchasing Riven because I want a jungler", than my advice is don't.

If you are absolutely set on it, I think you will need either a bunch of potions or a bunch of lifesteal/HP regen runes. You might have to recall a couple of times too. Once you have several levels and brutalizer you should be able to kill minions easily, but I really didn't feel like she was a good jungler, though the half-second group stun after an dash combined with the ult might make for a decent gank assuming your team is ready for it.

If you find a way to prove me wrong though, please share.

*edit* She is a kawaii jungler, there's no arguing that.

Haly

Not even close.

Arpen Red
Armor Yellow
Choice Blue
AD Quints
21/0/9

QWEE

Vampiric Scepter -> Cloth Armor + Health pots -> Boots -> Wriggles

Wolves -> Wraiths -> Golems -> B -> Blue -> Wolves -> Wraiths -> Red -> Golems -> B

You can gank after getting Wraith during the first run, and after Wraiths in the second run. Doing Red and Golems in the second run will leave you too low to gank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WZU9E0tAV8

Blizzard

Banned
Halycon said:
Not even close.

Arpen Red
Armor Yellow
Choice Blue
AD Quints
21/0/9

QWEE
I thought you said she was slow and fragile though! And why did you say this:
Halycon said:
Riven's jungle is horrid x-x

This is why I don't play SR.

Riven is my perfect waifu on Dom.
And also:
Halycon said:
We had no jungle :x

I can't imagine her laning is very good.

Are you saying you changed your mind or am I missing something?

Haly

All junglers have weaknesses, it's up to the player to decide if the pros outweight the cons.

Being slow and fragile doesn't mean she's not jungle viable. My point was that her playstyle differs from that of other champs like WW or Fiddle, who will remain more or less at 100% health throughout the entire jungling phase, and will never have to B if they don't want to.

And I stand by my Dom comment. No jungle metagame = infinitely better than SR's farmfest.

Blizzard

Banned
I just hesitated to take your advice (though the linked video is a different matter) since I thought you had been complaining that Riven was bad jungling, bad laning, bad solo lane, and bad for America. =P

However, ouch at the attack damage quints. Maybe I should spend a million dollars and purchase some. Someone in this thread mentioned that an HP quint and two movespeed quints were pro territory, so I was using those instead. I also may not have had as many armor runes as I now do when I tried Riven jungling before.

I am not sure I understand the second E level's motivation since the shield has such a short duration (and I thought an 8-10+ second cooldown), but I will have to investigate further. Thanks for the video link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom