• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm really hating my normal solo queue right now. Got fucking rocked last game. Blitz and Corki combo. I'd die before I even landed from Blitz's knock up.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Halycon said:
I get the cooldown boots, with runes and masteries that's usually 30% ish

CD Boots are the 1st thing I try and buy. I figure though that the closer I can get to say 50% the better though. Am I crazy for thinking this?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Brettison said:
CD Boots are the 1st thing I try and buy. I figure though that the closer I can get to say 50% the better though. Am I crazy for thinking this?
I wouldn't buy Cooldown boots first. You probably want to expand your mana or survival first.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
CDR is capped at 40%

And I agree with what shintoki said.

iShHzLQGleqY2.png

I cry when I play Riven in SR. Toward the end, my W took out half their teams' health.

Haly

We needed one more for 5, and Neki was like "haly, tell boken to get on" and I was all "I don't think I even have him on my friends list."

Complain about not playing with GAF.

Play at 4AM EST.

GGGGGGGG.

Here's another quick survey, just because I looked at my stats and was really surprised at that characters I do well with.

Both of these questions require you to have played the champ in at least three ranked games.

Champion with your best win %:

Champion with your best k/d ratio:

Can you efficiently jungle with more than one champion?:

The third question is more personal interest - it seems like I jungle 2/3 GAF games out of necessity and I get a lot of questions about it from GAF members. I was thinking maybe Haly and I or some others could put together a quick guide to starting to jungle for LOLGAF. Would anyone be interested in this?

Concerning those questions, I looked at my champ stats for the first time since I started the game yesterday.

Best win %: Xerath (60%)

Best k/d ratio: Cho'Gath (7.2:1)

I thought for sure my best k/d would be Brand or Kog and my best win % would be Caitlyn.

Ark said:
I'm afraid jungle Veigar is the new meta.

Also; is Shyvana terrible or am I just seeing people play her wrong?

I have seen plenty of good ones. She is nasty in team fights, doing quite a bit of damage and scaring the hell out of people. Must be all that fire.

Mister Wilhelm said:
Here's another quick survey, just because I looked at my stats and was really surprised at that characters I do well with.

Both of these questions require you to have played the champ in at least three ranked games.

The third question is more personal interest - it seems like I jungle 2/3 GAF games out of necessity and I get a lot of questions about it from GAF members. I was thinking maybe Haly and I or some others could put together a quick guide to starting to jungle for LOLGAF. Would anyone be interested in this?

Concerning those questions, I looked at my champ stats for the first time since I started the game yesterday.

Best win %: Xerath (60%)

Best k/d ratio: Cho'Gath (7.2:1)

I thought for sure my best k/d would be Brand or Kog and my best win % would be Caitlyn.

Champion with your best win %: Taric (75%) 4 games, Warwick (71%) 14 games

Champion with your best k/d ratio: Singed (12.5:1) or Warwick (5.8:1)

Can you efficiently jungle with more than one champion?: Yes: Trundle, Udyr, Jarvan, Warwick, Gangplank, and Nocturne

My season 1 stats are a bit different, not sure if you are talking about those or not though. Warwick is by far my best in general, I think I had something like a 70% W/L through like 65 games.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Mister Wilhelm said:

Have a few with 100% win and 3 games.

Better to say my most played.
Janna = +21 games
Nasus = +15 games
Lux = + 14 games

KDA ratios, Lux is 9.2, Sona is 8.8, Janna is 7.2. If I'm comfortable with the character, its almost always above 4.0

S2

None with 3 games played. Lux has 2, both wins, and 14.2 KDA

ElectraStar

Mister Wilhelm said:

Best win %:

Best k/d ratio:

The old client used to show you those stats on your most played champion, including normal games. For some reason they got rid of it, but I wish that they made it so that when you clicked on a champion in your summoner profile it would bring up that info, because I feel like more games mean more accurate results (and also, I've never played ranked.)

Ferrio

Banned
So wasn't able to replicate that shyvanna game I had yesterday. Either I'd get shut out of a lane completely, or my team were a bunch of retards.

Think I still need to tweak my build/build order. Tiamat works nicely, but I think certain conditions need to be made for it to be effective.

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
So wasn't able to replicate that shyvanna game I had yesterday. Either I'd get shut out of a lane completely, or my team were a bunch of retards.

Think I still need to tweak my build/build order. Tiamat works nicely, but I think certain conditions need to be made for it to be effective.
It is possible that you did not have enough tiamats. Like doubleswords or witch hats, you need at least 4 of them, and then you'll be cruisin' in no time.

Ferrio

Banned
Think I'm going to change my skill order, and level W instead of Q. Seems you get more damage that way... less burst though.

Macattk15

Forgot how fun it is early game to play AP Sion and just blow up carries in 2 abilities. Too bad he kind of falls off towards late game though :(

Even with Lichbane I couldn't do much more than 1v1 people ... and I still had the possibility of losing depending on the champion.

And as an aside, I shut down a Nasus solo top sooooooooooooooo bad as Yorick last night.

Haly

I can't jungle anymore.

:3

Honestly if you want to learn about Jungling, go through every video in this channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/stonewall008

Stonewall consistently plays at high ELO and his jungle strats are all an amalgamation of stuff you see at the highest (lol LoL skill ceiling) level of play.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So many bad ranked games today for me. People just getting destroyed and feeding in bot/mid. I don't mind losing but the worst part is when people on your own team start to blame you, even though they're completely out of position and generally useless.

So is being 4 levels behind the rest of the team Shaco's passive, or is that just a certain play style?

Seriously I'm thinking of playing draft mode so I can ban Shaco. Not so the other team can't play him, but so no one on my team can play him.

dimb

You should play Draft Mode anyways because Blind Pick is for instalocking.

Blizzard

Banned
FutureZombie said:
So is being 4 levels behind the rest of the team Shaco's passive, or is that just a certain play style?

Seriously I'm thinking of playing draft mode so I can ban Shaco. Not so the other team can't play him, but so no one on my team can play him.
Shaco's passive is similar to Master Yi's passive and LeBlanc's passive -- their players tend to be either useless feeders or crazy pro destroyers of worlds. Or something like that.

Haly

Well maybe Yorick's unstoppable lane farming might help with that.

I dunno, maybe.

Valygar

I don't know if I've only encountered good shyvanas or you haven't got it yet, but shyvana feels quite OP. I see her more OP at early than at the end.

Why do I think she's OP? Apart from no mana related costs, her cooldowns are quite low. And that ulti... That ulti is way too good. Basically, you just have to initiate, then you throw the ulti, stomping the enemy team, and just press all the keys in your keyboard, doing lots of area damage. The enemy team is almost dead now, or possibly dead.

You don't need almost any health to survive that phase, because that ulti passive thing. Just build her a bit like Jarvan (with more focus on damage), and it's crazy.

Last game was against a galio-shyvana-kennen-graves-janna . We could do absolutely nothing. If we don't initiate shyvana and graves just farm like crazy (and kennen also). If we initiate, we die instead.

Our problem was a bit more exaggerated due to the luck of stuns (and me playing nerfed corki), but when you play normal games sometimes things like that happen. I hope Dota 2 has a bit more of balance.

Champion with your best k/d ratio: Damn, I can't see this one (I don't play ranked), but it's probably Teemo.

Sure, I jungle pretty often. I usually do it with Amumu, Gangplank, Rammus , and also tried with Olaf and Nunu, but it was a bit of a gamble (I either did fantastically good or terrible).

I use weird champions, I usually let my friends play whatever they want and then try to fill the last role needed. So it depends a bit. I need more jungle champions, as they don't usually jungle. Maybe I'll get fiddlesticks to fill the role of jungler-AP character (Nunu is a bit more jungler-AP-semitank character).

Ferrio

Banned
Valygar said:
I don't know if I've only encountered good shyvanas or you haven't got it yet, but shyvana feels quite OP. I see her more OP at early than at the end.

Why do I think she's OP? Apart from no mana related costs, her cooldowns are quite low. And that ulti... That ulti is way too good. Basically, you just have to initiate, then you throw the ulti, stomping the enemy team, and just press all the keys in your keyboard, doing lots of area damage. The enemy team is almost dead now, or possibly dead.

You don't need almost any health to survive that phase, because that ulti passive thing. Just build her a bit like Jarvan (with more focus on damage), and it's crazy.

Her cooldowns are low? Other than her Q they're all quite lengthy. 12 Secs for W, 8 for E (at highest rank), and her ult is dependent if you're allowed to lane or not.

When her ult is on CD, she's pretty vulnerable. Also, she broadcasts when her ult is ready which is a shame.

Last game was against a galio-shyvana-kennen-graves-janna . We could do absolutely nothing. If we don't initiate shyvana and graves just farm like crazy (and kennen also). If we initiate, we die instead.

That seems more of an issue of being a really good team makeup than shyvana being OP. Galio/Shyvana/Kennen is like a touch of death AOE team.

Ferga

Champion with your best win %: Lee sin (100%)

Champion with your best kd ratio: Lee sin (18-5-45)

Can you efficiently jungle with more than one champion?: Yup, Lee sin, Rammus, Xin zhao, amumu, Nocturne, Skarner and Shyvana is growing on me

It's either solo-top or jungle for me

Valygar

They still seem pretty low for me, for a champion with no costs. Garen, the most similar champion, has the same CDs or higher. And her passive brutally lowers the Q skill CD. It's too powerful in teamfights, and you can't bring her down fast thanks to the dragon form passive. The only way to deal with it is crowd control and flee/stay out of her way.

My point is, in teamfights she can tank like a tank because the ulti gives her very good initiation, have similar stats to a tank, and still do lots of damage, easily the most damage in the teamfight.

And her jungling skills are also quite good. I don't know, it's a champion that has very good pros and few to none contras. Keep playing, and you will see a good player with it.

Ferrio

Banned
Valygar said:
And her jungling skills are also quite good. I don't know, it's a champion that has very good pros and few to none contras. Keep playing, and you will see a good player with it.

I've done really well with her (look at previous page), but she's very easy to shut down I think.

CC her in a teamfight and her ult goes to waste. Her ganks are pretty lackluster if you jungle since she has no cc. Her laning is pretty crappy unless you have a partner that can back you up since she has no sustain.

Macattk15

Champion with your best win %: Sion (71.4%)

Champion with your best kd ratio: Miss Fortune and fucking Mundo tied (14-1-6)

Can you efficiently jungle with more than one champion?: Yeah. Rammus, Mumu, Shyvana, Olaf, Udyr, Fiddle, WW, Sion, Skarner, Yi ... all capable of jungling on them.

Blizzard

Banned
Valygar said:
Our problem was a bit more exaggerated due to the luck of stuns (and me playing nerfed corki), but when you play normal games sometimes things like that happen. I hope Dota 2 has a bit more of balance.
Since I started playing LoL a couple of months ago, I have played 400+ normal games. In those I feel like I've seen maybe 2-3 good/great Corki uses.

I'm sure someone can post a screenshot with a great Corki ratio, but they sure don't seem to happen much, or else my memory is just horrible (quite possible).

Blizzard said:
Since I started playing LoL a couple of months ago, I have played 400+ normal games. In those I feel like I've seen maybe 2-3 good/great Corki uses.

I'm sure someone can post a screenshot with a great Corki ratio, but they sure don't seem to happen much, or else my memory is just horrible (quite possible).

Corki used to be the best carry in the game with a really high damage output and lots of great utility (his Q revealed wards), but they have continually nerfed him to the point where he is middling compared to Cait, Kog, MF, and Vayne.

red13th

Halycon said:
Stonewall consistently plays at high ELO

I don't think he even plays ranked. I remember it caused some controversy a few months back. IDK if he started playing ranked since then, but I think he only played premade normals. Doesn't make his videos any less useful.

dimb

KFbzO.jpg

Had a weird game with Kiunch. Trist gave up first blood heading down to lane through the river and got pretty grumpy when Kiunch took some CS. So she sat AFK in base for awhile while the other team ran game on us. There was too much talking and Cho convinced Trist to keep playing or something, but it was kind of late and the enemy team had taken our mid inhib. Managed to really turn the tides by picking up a triple kill while the enemy team was fighting Baron, and Cho feasted for purple buff. Things kind of went back and forth after that, with us losing another inhib turret but with us grabbing some tower kills here and there before pushing top hard to inhib. Just a really weird and awkward game, but a lot of back and forth so it was kind of fun.

Blizzard

Banned
Wow, anti-rage, constructive nice things said by Cho'gath. Was he a gentleman Cho? You never see people say stuff like that.

And who is this soda cop guy. I never see him in the GAF LoL room!

dimb

He was Jurrasic Cho. And soda cop is me. I haven't really been in the GAF room much before now.

Haly

red_13th said:
I don't think he even plays ranked. I remember it caused some controversy a few months back. IDK if he started playing ranked since then, but I think he only played premade normals. Doesn't make his videos any less useful.
Oh, I didn't know that. I just assumed from his videos that he was playing at a high level, or else his opponents wouldn't do tryhard shit like invasion and counterjungling.

Champion with your best win %: tryndamere (automatic win)

Champion with your best k/d ratio: kassadin

Can you efficiently jungle with more than one champion?: no, i dont know how to jungle even with smite

Yay, my Yorick improves!

I do wish that his ghouls wouldn't draw tower aggro. Almost all my deaths in the second game came from that. I'd be in the middle of a team fight, casting casting casting, and then I'd realize I was tanking the whole time.

Macattk15

Probably the most imbalanced game I've played in a long time ... I ate Malzahar so bad mid.

Sr6bm.jpg

SouthernDragon said:
Yay, my Yorick improves!

I do wish that his ghouls wouldn't draw tower aggro. Almost all my deaths in the second game came from that. I'd be in the middle of a team fight, casting casting casting, and then I'd realize I was tanking the whole time.

That is how I die often on him too ... they don't draw minion aggro, shouldn't do tower either! Damnit!

Blizzard

Banned
We could only find 4 GAF people, so we went with a random. Instalock leblanc! We're doomed, I said. Instalock leblanc, I said. The game started with leblanc sitting afk just outside spawn for maybe...5 minutes? Then they came in and sat under the tower for a bit, disconnected off and on, and once said sorry guys, they were having troubles. So who knows. I didn't report them since I'm such a nice guy and we ended up winning:

4v5qdk7o.png

At one point someone tried to surrender, but at least two of us voted no! They got baron but we still won, and I think we still had 3 towers remaining outside of our inhibitor towers by the end. They surrendered with 1-2 inhibitors down. I think Leblanc wasn't playing again for the last several minutes of the game.

Also, I never do this (partly because I probably still have the worst overall record on neogaf and partly because it never happens), but practicing jungle warwick and having GAF people carry me has paid off in my last 6 games. Of course now I will be afraid to play him since I don't want to break my streak. :p

warwick_2v8kzz.png

I want to try jungle and/or lane fiddlesticks some time since I finally unlocked him recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom