• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrekt

I need to learn a jungler and Skarner is on sale this weekend. Is he worth picking up now or should I just wait on a Nocturne or Lee Sin sale?

Ferrio said:
So i tried a straight up tank Shyvana. Was pretty fun and effective. Actually might make her my tank of choice.
staright up tank, she does no damage, she has no cc? what is her good for in a teamfight other than being a gaint meat ball?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Wrekt said:
I need to learn a jungler and Skarner is on sale this weekend. Is he worth picking up now or should I just wait on a Nocturne or Lee Sin sale?
Just depends on if he fits your playstyle. I'll probably buy Skarner this weekend over Nocturne and Lee Sin because I like playing him more. Nocturne is probably one of the most popular junglers in low and medium level play because his ganks are so easy and reliable with his ult. Lee Sin is god tier if you know how to play him. Skarner is a good jungler now, and he's lots of fun to play.

Ferrio

Banned
Ladyboy101 said:
staright up tank, she does no damage, she has no cc? what is her good for in a teamfight other than being a gaint meat ball?

1. Her initiate as a tank is good.
2. Her Q hit's all. So if you have Frozen mallet you've just slowed their whole team down. Add an atma's implaler+ tiamat as your only offensive stuff and you're good damage.

Maybe that'd be called tanky dps.. just cause of those two items.. but I don't know where people draw the line between tank/tanky dps.

IsayFever

Wrekt said:

I used to absolutely hate Skarner with a passion when he was trash tier, but now that he's been buffed he seems to be the go-to champ for wins. Jungle is quick and painless, and ganks are easy enough to pull off as long as you can get the Q to slow

Wrekt

IsayFever said:
I used to absolutely hate Skarner with a passion when he was trash tier, but now that he's been buffed he seems to be the go-to champ for wins. Jungle is quick and painless, and ganks are easy enough to pull off as long as you can get the Q to slow
What are your runes? I think I'd need to buy some attack speed reds but I have armor yellows and MR blues with health quints.

Ferrio

Banned
Tryndamere being able to cleanse exhaust is going to be such a fucking pain.

No more fortify either... there goes troll tank team :(

The changes to flash is going to make this game so different. It's going to make some champs like Gallo be very sad. They really should change it to like Dota's dagger.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, Annie and Galio were the first two champions that came to mind as being adversely affected by a flash range reduction and cooldown increase. I thought it was already like 3-5 minutes.

Achtius

Blizzard said:
Yeah, Annie and Galio were the first two champions that came to mind as being adversely affected by a flash range reduction and cooldown increase. I thought it was already like 3-5 minutes.

morgona too probably. black shield, flash, ult, hourglass.. problem?

dimb

Cooldown on Flash already seems really long, but those seem like cool changes. Even if you think Flash might hurt a champion realize that it's just as common for people to Flash out of their spells (except for Galio obviously). Only champion that will really suffer is Fiddlesticks.

IsayFever

Wrekt said:
What are your runes? I think I'd need to buy some attack speed reds but I have armor yellows and MR blues with health quints.

ArmPen red, AD yellows, AS blues and a mixture of movement / attack speed quints

JesseZao

Changes sound good to me. Flash will affect Fiddle ult adjustments, but then again opponents aren't going to be flashing as far either so it's not so bad. Just gotta be more precise with your initial guess.

cleanse can only cast on oneself, ignite and exaust can be casted multiple times within short time. i guess if you get focused, cleanse only looks good on paper.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would've liked to see 5 Promote 1 Surge 4 Heal super push strats but, I guess that would've been too Anti-Fun™.

Ferrio

Banned
Someone made a good point about the changes. Nerfing flash isn't bad. But nerfing it then buffing/redoing all the other spells at the same is. They should of done one or the other, then seen how things panned out.

Rawk Hawk

Ferrio said:
Someone made a good point about the changes. Nerfing flash isn't bad. But nerfing it then buffing/redoing all the other spells at the same is. They should of done one or the other, then seen how things panned out.
Yea think that's the best way to put it, the fact that 97% of summoners have flash on at any time likely points to it being a little bit better than the other summoner spells, I don't mind them bringing a little parity among them so everyone isn't so cookie cutter. But this seems like a lot at once.

dimb

Ferrio said:
It's better to just overhaul everything at the same time. They want people to use all of the summoners spells and it's obvious that Flash needs to be nerfed in order to create some parity between all the spells, so it's not worth just leaving it as is.

KJTB

As long as the nerf to flash is significant, i'm happy. Seriously, screw flash.

I've decided that I'm not going to bother with ranked games. Every time I play them I just get way too frustrated. This morning I decided to play one on a whim... top pick insta locks akali. Fine, whatever, however she didn't have runes for akali (didn't have either passive up at lvl 1 o.0) and then proceeds to feed the enemy karth mid. D:

Aesthet1c

Dipindots said:
As long as the nerf to flash is significant, i'm happy. Seriously, screw flash.

I've decided that I'm not going to bother with ranked games. Every time I play them I just get way too frustrated. This morning I decided to play one on a whim... top pick insta locks akali. Fine, whatever, however she didn't have runes for akali (didn't have either passive up at lvl 1 o.0) and then proceeds to feed the enemy karth mid. D:
I really doubt it's going to be a significant change. I see them doing something like 15% off the flash range and 30 sec added to the cool down.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wrekt said:
And there goes my Galio. I don't wanna learn a new tank :(.
Give it a built in Flash like Fiddle's ult.

DESIGN PROBLEM SOLVED FOREVER!

Juravsky

I like the changes in the summoner spells. The flash nerf is a must. I agree that some champions are going to need some rework but I still think these changes are actually for the better.

IsayFever

So I played Miss Fortune, had a pretty weird start. Was laning against Jax/Lux so yeah it was kinda gay. Died once and bought my bf sword, got back in lane and we double killed em. Then Lux/Jax never returned to lane and I just pushed all the way up and killed the nexus within 18 minutes.

What the fuck is it with normal queue today?

Jenga

Banned
Christ AP Sion is retarded. Nerf his shield into oblivion Riot.

Before anyone starts whining to me about being bad or "just pop his shield hurr" not all champs can pop it easily early game, and other champs are too fragile to venture out to do anything because he'll stun and get free hits

Feels like a counter-pick honestly

red13th

Isn't Sion kinda of an aberration, though? I mean he's a barbarian zombie with a two-handed axe that builds mage because of two ridiculous AP-scaling abilities and has two vestigial AD/melee/tanky related abilities (including his ult) and a mostly irrelevant passive.
He's pretty bizarre and cyclical in that he causes problems and major QQ - I remember when they nerfed his stun duration and his starting HP. He should be remade IMO.

Jenga

Banned
red_13th said:
Isn't Sion kinda of an aberration, though? I mean he's a barbarian zombie with a two-handed axe that builds mage because of two ridiculous AP-scaling abilities and has two vestigial AD/melee/tanky related abilities (including his ult) and a mostly irrelevant passive.
He's pretty bizarre and cyclical in that he causes problems and major QQ - I remember when they nerfed his stun duration and his starting HP. He should be remade IMO.
i would

nerf shield ratio

give him a real passive

that's about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom