• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merovin

Fjord said:
LoLReplay works really well, you just have to fraps it later.

Yeah I do have that installed. I also have fraps because I'm usually with a group of mates on Skype, just fraps seems to kill everything. If I'm playing a game whilst recording on fraps, every known again I get some strange frame lag.

Inskipp

FGwY1.jpg

So many triple kills.

Here's a replay for those who are into that kind of thing. (note: I failed early game)

bjaelke

Just found a new favorite troll setup: Nocturne, Twisted Fate, Pantheon, Evelynn and Twitch. Helps a lot if you're all using some kind of voice chat.

*darkness* and suddenly 5 champions appear in front of you. The fights at dragon were very amusing, but eventually they figured out how to counter us and took the game with ease.

Blizzard

Banned
I ran the wild gamut of solo queue today, and though I didn't do great myself, one of my teams had a Galio no it. People were like, can Galio solo lane, and he was like sure. He ended up against Pantheon and Shyvana, and if I recall correctly he went 8/0/11 before they surrendered. It was especially hilarious when he had guardian angel by like 10 minutes in.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
How much does not being 30 hinder you? I got a buddy playing, but he's only 12. I swear he'd do better if he had more talent points and tier 3 ruins.

Am I crazy?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Brettison said:
How much does not being 30 hinder you? I got a buddy playing, but he's only 12. I swear he'd do better if he had more talent points and tier 3 ruins.

Am I crazy?
Yes.

It doesn't make that much of a difference outside of Flash. Even then, Ghost and Exhaust are adequate substitutes until you get your get out of jail free card.

Blizzard

Banned
I thought masteries made a difference considering some of the final level masteries (level 21+?) are relatively substantial, right?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Relative to the rest of the tree, yeah.

LoL is not like WoW in that an extra 4-5% DPS will let one person top the charts over another, (and thus become, mathematically speaking, better than the other). Improving basic skills is far more important for a new player than worrying about masteries/runes.

Nome

Brettison said:

Am I crazy?
If you play AP you get screwed. Everything else is OK.

Blizzard

Banned
It may be bad form to post a 5v4 game, since their Olaf left early (they were complaining about how much damage leblanc did early, I think =P), but they put up a very long fight anyway:

4v5_2fsu8r.png

I guess I got oracles after dying twice and kept trying to kill akali at most every opportunity after that. Gragas was doing barrel rolls. Singed was in all-out troll mode, it took like four of us to kill him especially if alistar showed up and started punching people around.

AcridMeat

Banned
YxEL0.jpg

One of the most memorable games as of late. I started out soooo badly (1/4/1 or something). Yet we held it together and started gaining speed in the late game. I forgot how much I liked Caitlyn.

Achtius

So i was playing a draft game with other gaffers and the other team took my sona. I was not amused >=(

I need to learn another support if that happens :(

any suggestion gaf?

Flare

Achtius said:
So i was playing a draft game with other gaffers and the other team took my sona. I was not amused >=(

any suggestion gaf?

Janna, all the time.

AcridMeat said:
http://i.imgur.com/YxEL0.jpg[IMG]
One of the most memorable games as of late. I started out soooo badly (1/4/1 or something). Yet we held it together and started gaining speed in the late game. I forgot how much I liked Caitlyn.[/QUOTE]

Also, nooooo, that's too embarrassing. Don't show that.

Blizzard

Banned
Achtius said:

any suggestion gaf?
Janna and Taric are both good options. I don't see people use Soraka much anymore, so I can't speak for her much.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Mind if I play with someone who plays a strong AD carry? I don't know if I hit a wall or anything, but I continually keep losing right now. Probably on the longest losing streak in a while. And I don't know if its me with lacking skill or a bad selection of partners. Even when I crush the other lane, we still seem to lose is all.

bjaelke

Blizzard said:
Janna and Taric are both good options. I don't see people use Soraka much anymore, so I can't speak for her much.
Soraka's is fantastic. She just lacks an initiating/escaping ability like the other support champions. Her sustain is by far the best - even after the nerf.

broz0rs

one of the cheapest things you can do in this game is get a full AD rune page to your ranged AD. makes your auto attack get CS easier. you really don't need to last hit all that carefully. also brings a world of hurt to whoever you're up against during lane phase.

dc89

I love Nunu!

Can't read through 160+ pages but you guys who have a Mac know this can be played on OS X now right?

Ferga

broz0rs said:
one of the cheapest things you can do in this game is get a full AD rune page to your ranged AD. makes your auto attack get CS easier. you really don't need to last hit all that carefully. also brings a world of hurt to whoever you're up against during lane phase.

But armour pen runes overtake ad runes real fast

Vanillalite

Had an epic game last night with Soraka. I ended up going 7/4/32 and was healing like a boss in team fights. Granted the other team should probably have surrendered way earlier which would have meant lower stats, but oh well. :p

AcridMeat said:
YxEL0.jpg

One of the most memorable games as of late. I started out soooo badly (1/4/1 or something). Yet we held it together and started gaining speed in the late game. I forgot how much I liked Caitlyn.

Kog and Cait on your team and almost zero armor on theirs (plus stacking frozen hearts?).

Wonder how that goes...

Vanillalite

AEGISX said:
this.
its so good I use both mark and quintessence for armor pen, total 25. at level 1 my attacks deal true damage.

I've heard this exact line before mainly in many of the vids I've watched. I've never completely understood this though (immediately I never really did any research either LOL).

What makes certain damage true damage and what's the difference between that and normal damage?

I mean I have that exact setup on my jungler build (usually Noc) because of the vids I watched. Never really understood it all though.

bjaelke

True damage is damage that cannot be reduced by either magic resistance or armor. Cho'Gath's Feast is true damage and will always deal the same amount of damage no matter how much armor and magic resistance you're packing.

A rune page full of armor penetration runes and quintessences will penetrate the starting armor of any champion and thus make your damage "true". The highest base armor is around 20, so with enough runes, this can be penetrated. It's not the same as true damage because this can be affected by exhaust and stacking armor.

AEGISX

Banned
true damage means damage done not reduced by armor or magic resis, champs that has ability to do true damage are: irelia, cho gath, vayne.
lets say your autoattack's damage is 60.
armor reduces physical damage. at level 1, it blocks about 20 damage. so every hit you do is about 40
when you perice all their armor, each hit you are dealing 60. you can clearly see the result in a level 1 fight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p4bMaeO4XA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom