• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inskipp

SamVimes said:
Like? I want to get a little into the scene but i just watch some solomid guys.
Guardsman Bob is pretty good.

Another good ones that pop in mind are Dan Dinh, Salce, Tree Eskimo and Shushei.

Blizzard

Banned
Gragas is just funny to watch. He's a big guy, and he walks around, and you can make Star Fox jokes about doing a barrel roll, and then he throws this barrel which explodes purple and makes a BAMF noise, and people die. It's funny. :D

broz0rs

the two most popular streamers are HSGG and Saint Vicious. They both are pretty funny, talk a lot of shit, and have the potential to rage. There are better players who stream, but not with that type of personality to generate the huge amount of viewers.

In terms of just really great play, my favorite streamers are LoCicero, Voyboy, and Candy Panda.

Boken

Banned
There's nothing wrong with HSGG. He's popular for a reason. He has an interesting character.

SamVimes said:
Like? I want to get a little into the scene but i just watch some solomid guys.
I think Dyrus is fucking hilarious. (if you like deadpan humour)
If you want to watch people who will help you get better:
JUNGLER: SaintVicious (when he's playing jungler) is by FAR the most helpful streamer around, if you're a jungler. Describes routes, who he's going to gank and why, why he's counter jungling. etc.
SOLOBOT: bigfatLP or Chaox - chaox has gotten very analytical lately.

Ferrio

Banned
Ended on some terrible games last night. I swear all the randoms I've been getting lately have been terrible, and barely speak english.

You think after 3 deaths people would start to hug towers.

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
Ended on some terrible games last night. I swear all the randoms I've been getting lately have been terrible, and barely speak english.

You think after 3 deaths people would start to hug towers.
That's why you gotta stick with GAF people! We're pro except for all the times we feed and lose horribly.

And in regard to feeding and towers, in and out of GAF games, it's even better when someone dies 4+ times and then says they're having problems/lag, a 500ms ping or whatever. If you know you're having problems like that, shouldn't you like...stay closer to your tower instead of overextending repeatedly? I mean, maybe the other team doesn't get much gold when you die but still.

Ferrio

Banned
I was playing leblanc too. Not doing bad, not doing great (1-1-0). Then a fed singed comes outta no w here.. and singed is like the last person you want to see as leblanc.

tubster68

So i heard Cassiopeia and Xerath are underground OP.. And i totally agree

But i just want to include karma as one of the underground best support ever ^^..

Ferrio

Banned
Cass needs a really good team to shine though, and that's the trouble with her and randoms. Otherwise she just gets blown away before she can do her damage.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
tubster68 said:
So i heard Cassiopeia and Xerath are underground OP.. And i totally agree

But i just want to include karma as one of the underground best support ever ^^..
The basis of a support is that they can help the team out without farming. Karma is really terrible at that.

Neki

Boken said:
There's nothing wrong with HSGG. He's popular for a reason. He has an interesting character.

I think Dyrus is fucking hilarious. (if you like deadpan humour)
If you want to watch people who will help you get better:
JUNGLER: SaintVicious (when he's playing jungler) is by FAR the most helpful streamer around, if you're a jungler. Describes routes, who he's going to gank and why, why he's counter jungling. etc.
SOLOBOT: bigfatLP or Chaox - chaox has gotten very analytical lately.

you should start your own stream so people can hear you bokening it up while we play.

tubster68

Dance In My Blood said:
The basis of a support is that they can help the team out without farming. Karma is really terrible at that.

I semi-agree, maybe not the best full support, but she really shines late game if she gets a lot of minions and a few kills if you play her right. IMO the best support in team fights.

Blizzard

Banned
tubster68 said:
I semi-agree, maybe not the best full support, but she really shines late game if she gets a lot of minions and a few kills if you play her right. IMO the best support in team fights.
This may be true, but who is going to partner with support-karma if she is getting "a lot" of minion kills?

Ferrio

Banned
You know, one of these days instead of raging at each other from constantly losing we should actually build a viable kickass team. So when we're feeling like shit we just whip it out and smash faces.

Neki

Ferrio said:
You know, one of these days instead of raging at each other from constantly losing we should actually build a viable kickass team. So when we're feeling like shit we just whip it out and smash faces.

yeah, it's called the ap carry middle, support ad carry bottom, tanky dps top and jungler team.

derp.

solblade00 said:
What's this? In-house GAF rage?

Because, I sucked.

naw, it's a case of boken gonna boken and southern gonna southern.

Ferrio

Banned
Ultimoo said:
yeah, it's called the ap carry middle, support ad carry bottom, tanky dps top and jungler team.

derp.

Ya ya, but specific characters that also synergize, and people who know how to play them well.

^ Someone should organize an in-house GAF-only tournament with actual teams. Just like GAF HoN and GAF Starcraft 2. Would be fun.

I may try to set this up if there's enough people interested in it.

Flare

perryfarrell said:
^ Someone should organize an in-house GAF-only tournament with actual teams. Just like GAF HoN and GAF Starcraft 2. Would be fun.

There would be so much rage D:

A few in-house games I played really soured everything up.

Neki

Achtius said:
or gaf vs gaf game, boken vs southern
not sure whose team would be worse to be on, amirite?

do I deal with boken lecturing me all game, or do I deal with the dreaded southerndragon yorrick.

whoever wins, we all lose.

Blizzard said:
Have we not semi-regularly tried that and lost with GAF people? :/ Two of my good warwick records (and losses) may have even used that formula.

Presumably to have a better fighting chance you would need to be able to master 3 champions for your role and play draft mode so you don't get bad matchups?

you've never played with me, so not sure on that one.

Blizzard

Banned
Ultimoo said:

derp.
Have we not semi-regularly tried that and lost with GAF people? :/ Two of my good warwick records (and losses) may have even used that formula.

Presumably to have a better fighting chance you would need to be able to master 3 champions for your role and play draft mode so you don't get bad matchups?

*edit*
perryfarrell said:

I am un-volunteering for this so hard! =P

Ferrio

Banned
perryfarrell said:

Small steps, let's just get atleast one gaf vs gaf game before a big ass tourny.

Achtius

Ferrio said:
Small steps, let's just get atleast one gaf vs gaf game before a big ass tourny.

We had one, the team with Eve won

GAF_Game-1.png

Flare

Achtius said:
We had one, the team with Eve won

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii105/achtius/GAF_Game-1.png[/mg][/QUOTE]

Bahaha, oh Kiunch. [spoiler]I was on the losing team =([/spoiler]

Neki

doesn't seem right, I see 8/3 sona and I see moodyshuffle actually doing something useful besides talking about tribes and calling other games garbage.

Blizzard

Banned
Yikes, that Miss Fortune score. I didn't even realize Tekno played LoL.

Also, I like how Eve has over twice as many deaths as anyone else on her team. :D

Neki

I played an inhouse with my aussie/new zealand friends against southerndragon + GAF once, and he got so angry that he lost he never let us do another inhouse again.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'll join LoLGAF IHL with my #1 Fiddlesticks.

Neki

Halycon said:
I'll join LoLGAF IHL with my #1 Fiddlesticks.
southerndragon yorrick
haly fiddlesticks
kiunich irelia
j rizzle renekton
teknopathetic karma

the dream team

moody...shuffle = teknopathetic

that's his mumble name

I know I'm not that great, but cut me some slack with Yorick, I've played like 10 games with the dude.

Oohhh, I remember that in-house game. If I'm not mistaken, you guys banned Caitlyn back when she was my main. I was totally fucked, I got ganked repeatedly and was eaten alive.

That sucked.

Boken

Banned
SouthernDragon said:
You tried to insult me, but this comment makes no sense in context. Try harder.
You suddenly decided to insult me. Insult's dont have to make "sense in context". I was merely sarcastically pointing out what a wonderful specimen you are. But to satisfy you, maybe I should have said:

- "there's worse pain than self immolation, it's playing with Southern's Yorick."
- "bokening is better than Southerning - have a whine about how terrible you are at the game very 30s during the game"

Really though, very random insult. I don't play with you southern, and last game, you weren't on vent to hear all the bokening and neki-ing. If you're still upset at me being BM at the end of that dominion game, I blame dominion. Either way, bokening is telling you not to build ryalis on Yorick, rather than BM. (Which your endless crying counts as too, btw.)

EDIT:
bjaelke said:
Yet another skin for Shaco. It's hard to get excited...
Shaco is one of the new FOTMs. Riot has sensed this.

Haly

Man, you guys suck at this inter community drama thing.

When we do Gaf vs Gaf Part II, we should have one game where we play super serious, and then another game where everyone is required to play a character they have never played before.

Wrekt

And then a 3rd game where everybody is required to stay in the middle lane from start to finish. No jungle, no dragon, no baron.

Haly

FutureZombie said:
When we do Gaf vs Gaf Part II, we should have one game where we play super serious, and then another game where everyone is required to play a character they have never played before.
I don't have a character I never played before.

Unless you're forcing me to buy Shyvana.

Haly

Graves is like, my worst character. Please don't make me play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom