• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steaks

Yeah when I watch those streams I turn down the sound and pump up music beacuse HotshotGG is pretty unbearable. "GOD WHY ARE MY TEAM SUCH NOOBS WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?!??!!" *farms in a corner of the map*

y2dvd

Augh, lost a rank game where Shen and Scion went 1/6/3 and 2/12/2 each. :'(

If you guys ever see me on and I'm in a game just holla and I can wait for the next game. I want some consistently decent teammates damnit! :lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
kensk said:
Yeah when I watch those streams I turn down the sound and pump up music beacuse HotshotGG is pretty unbearable. "GOD WHY ARE MY TEAM SUCH NOOBS WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?!??!!" *farms in a corner of the map*
So much this.

"YOU GUYS SUCK AND YOUR ITEMS SUCK."

:: FARM FARM FARM COMES OUT FOR EASY GANK AND GETS THE KILL FARM FARM::

y2dvd

I accidentally randomed Ezreal but now I find him to be really fun. Though I'm like 2-5, I've managed to do well with him. Need to test out more chars!

Insured

I decided to try out Sivir for a change, since she's free now and all. First I got flamed to hell for picking her in the selection screen already, then my whole team picks physical melee carries after me. We lost terribly, and they blamed me.

... I guess you run have to run into people like this sometimes, but I didn't know picking certain heroes in a non-ranked game is suddenly a crime?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's not, just bad luck with the teammates. Unless you pick Eve. Then someone WILL flame you, hell I might even flame you.

Yeah I was just in a match where Sivir ran the table. I put her in a single lane while I tried (and failed) to jungle and she owned shit.

Insured

I still lost the feeling of maybe playing a physical hero for a change, I thought her ulti might make her somewhat of a supportive dps something, yet I still found myself farming most of the game :p

Think I'll stick to my tank/support types for now, had so much fun playing mostly Singed, Alistar, Janna, Soraka and Amumu, it doesn't feel like a farmfest and my teammates seem to love me when I do well with these too. I also found Fiddlesticks jungling terribly awesome, just SO fast it feels stupid (starting with an elixir of brilliance).

Insured said:
I still lost the feeling of maybe playing a physical hero for a change, I thought her ulti might make her somewhat of a supportive dps something, yet I still found myself farming most of the game :p

Think I'll stick to my tank/support types for now, had so much fun playing mostly Singed, Alistar, Janna, Soraka and Amumu, it doesn't feel like a farmfest and my teammates seem to love me when I do well with these too. I also found Fiddlesticks jungling terribly awesome, just SO fast it feels stupid (starting with an elixir of brilliance).

"Hey guys, be careful, we haven't seen fid... CAWCAWCAWCACWWACAWCAWCAWCAWCCAWWACAWCAWCACWCAWACWACAWCAW"

Alex

It takes all sorts, our last match had a person bitching non-stop because the Kayle and Taric on our TEAM were beating the utter shit out of the enemy together. They got called out for not healing that person enough ... :lol

Also, we had a Heimer who died to Eve 8 times and got no kills. What a world.

IcedTea

Sivir is good, but she's almost a support champ and is a complete team player. It's awesome to grab teleport + rally and just teleport to a random tower, drop rally and your ult, and drop the tower in a few seconds. Most champs can do that well later, but Sivir can do it very well very early.

Anyways, some people will bitch about any champ. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Alex

I want a toggle to play only with people who have a PC made in the past five years. On the plus side, I have gotten a few chapters of my book read while waiting for them to load.

bluemax

Banned
Alex said:
It takes all sorts, our last match had a person bitching non-stop because the Kayle and Taric on our TEAM were beating the utter shit out of the enemy together. They got called out for not healing that person enough ... :lol

Also, we had a Heimer who died to Eve 8 times and got no kills. What a world.

I've found that any time I play a support champ like Kayle or Soraka in a non arranged team people bitch at me for not healing enough or using Kayle's ult or whatever.

They expect you to dish out heals non stop and they do stupid shit because "oh hey I'll get healed". There is a limit to what I can do with a heal champ!

Alex said:
I want a toggle to play only with people who have a PC made in the past five years. On the plus side, I have gotten a few chapters of my book read while waiting for them to load.

This isn't Runescape people!

I feel your pain.

Daigoro

i tried this game for the first time last week. only got in about 3 games after the tuorial though. 3rd game was the worst... i died sooo many times. :lol (sorry Toku!)

i need to find a total noobs guide to LOL. never played a dota game before.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Daigoro said:
i tried this game for the first time last week. only got in about 3 games after the tuorial though. 3rd game was the worst... i died sooo many times. :lol (sorry Toku!)

i need to find a total noobs guide to LOL. never played a dota game before.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/learn/new_user_guide

http://leaguecraft.com/

Both are great resources (Leaguecraft is for more advanced aspects of the game, though). The best advice I can give is play as defensive as possible and not get frustrated, especially if people are rude to you. You will learn things and get better, but it takes experience.

Tetsuo9

JWong said:
Wow, my team surrendered when we were winning. How the hell does that happen?
One time we were stomping the other team, and we were destroing the last towers and inhibitors, and then someone started the surrender vote and 3 more of us voted yes at the instant. We lost that game. :lol

Steaks

The only time to surrender is when your nexus is dying so your nexus explodes twice. I will never tire of this bug.

Had a good game with Tekno, bluemax, and EGM92 earlier. Was my best game in a long time. I personally went 20-2-12 with Veigar. I didn't even go a good build for Veigar, but it worked out okay in the end.

Daigoro

Archie said:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/learn/new_user_guide

http://leaguecraft.com/

Both are great resources (Leaguecraft is for more advanced aspects of the game, though). The best advice I can give is play as defensive as possible and not get frustrated, especially if people are rude to you. You will learn things and get better, but it takes experience.

thanks a bunch. ill be patient with it. ill check out those guides too.

certainly getting too offensive is a bad choice. hard to stop myself though. and yeah, there was almost nobody who wasnt rude to me. :lol

bluemax

Banned
thestopsign said:
Had a good game with Tekno, bluemax, and EGM92 earlier. Was my best game in a long time. I personally went 20-2-12 with Veigar. I didn't even go a good build for Veigar, but it worked out okay in the end.

One of the few times where I got play Kayle with a team that was good. I had like 22 assists.

bluemax

Banned
So I was off to an awesome start in this game:

9bdcsw.png

But Riot's servers crashed and all but 1 got got disconnected. The opposing team only had 2 players reconnect and one of them decided to quit instead of wait 5 more minutes to finish.

I legitimately had an infinity edge 20 minutes in though :(

Kyoufu

My friend has been having freezing issues lately. Does anyone know what the problem might be? The freezing is exclusive to League of Legends, and doesn't happen all the time, but often enough to be a pain in the butt.

y2dvd

NemesisPrime said:
When I check this game on Steam it is 19.99??? I thought it was free?

/noob

There's a pack you can buy with a bunch of skins and I think 20 champions of your selection to unlock. My friend got a physical copy for his bday. Maybe it's something like that.

sohois

New Skins in the Store
Enchanted Galio
Hextech Galio
Guerilla Tristana
Grungy Nunu
Bandito Fiddlesticks

You can now preview a larger image of any skin before purchasing by clicking the information circle in the Store

Rune Pages now available for purchase in the Store!

* Individual Rune Page
* Bundle of 7 Rune Pages

PVP.net v1.16.12

Summoners who are level 20 and above can now participate in full Arranged Team Ranked Games.
Summoners must be still Level 30 to participate in Solo Ranked Games.

Improvements

* Music at the end of Champion Selection will now fade out properly
* The Store button will now be greyed out when it is offline for maintenance
* Improved the matchmaking algorithm
* Changes to free to play champions should now be updated without having to log out and back in
* When a minimum number of players for a practice game is required, it should now correctly count players on both teams
* You will no longer receive a notification when someone denies your friend request, or removes you from their friend list

Bug Fixes
* Fixed a bug where champion selections would sometimes have no champions to choose from
* Fixed issues where looking at another player's runebook sometimes showed your runepages
* Fixed an issue where you sometimes would not get the skin you selected.
* Fixed an issue where players would sometimes not transition from the "Waiting for Stats…" screen to the end of game stats screen
* Fixed a bug where queue dodging a Normal Game would result in a Leave
* Fixed a bug where queue dodging a Ranked game would only grant a Loss instead of both a Loss and and Leave
* Fixed a bug where disabling Champion Selection help tooptips was not working properly
* Fixed a bug where in rare cases a Summoner would be told that it was not their turn to pick when attempting to lock their selection
* Fixed a bug where Champion filters applied in the Summoner Profile would persist through into Champion Selection
* Fixed a bug where purchased Champions would not show up until logging out and back in
* Fixed a bug where in rare cases a team would receive a rating decrease if they won a game where one of their teammates had left
* Fixed a client crash

League of Legends v1.0.0.98

Galio – The Sentinel’s Sorrow

* Resolute Smite: Galio fires a concussive blast from his eyes, slowing and dealing damage to enemies caught near the impact point.
* Bulwark: Galio shields an ally Champion, increasing their Armor and Magic Resistance, and restoring Galio's health each time that Champion suffers damage.
* Righteous Gust: Galio claps his wings, unleashing a gust of concussive wind that damages enemies and leaves a directional draft in its wake that increases ally movement speed.
* Idol of Durand: Galio assumes the form of a statue, taunting nearby enemies and storing concussive energy as they attack him. Galio then bursts from his statue shell, releasing the stored energy to damage surrounding foes.
* Runic Skin: Galio converts 50% of his total Magic Resistance into Ability Power.

Blitzcrank

* Rocket Grab cooldown reduced to 20/19/18/17/16 from 22/21/20/19/18
* Overdrive cooldown reduced to 20 from 22

Ezreal

* Fixed a bug with Trueshot Barrage where Ezreal's voice would play at the target location instead of where Ezreal was

Garen

* Decisive Strike now resets Garen's auto attack timer on cast

Heimerdinger

* H-28G Evolution Turret
o Base damage increased to 30/38/46/54/62 from 28/36/44/52/60
o Turrets no longer get bonus attack damage based how many hits they have landed
o Ability Power coefficient reduced to 0.2 from 0.25

Mal'Zahar

* Base movement speed increased to 315 from 310
* Malefic Visions range increased to 650 from 600
* Malefic Visions cooldown reduced to 15/13/11/9/7 from 16/14/12/10/8
* Nether Grasp range increased to 650 from 575

Nasus

* Fixed a typo in Siphoning Strike's tooltip that indicated the spell did magic damage when in fact it does physical damage.

Nidalee

* Fixed a bug with Swipe that would cause it to occasionally not include Ability Power in the damage
* Takedown is no longer dodgeable and now resets Nidalee's auto attack timer on cast

Nunu

* Consume cooldown reduced to 18/16/14/12/10 from 30/26/22/18/14
* Consume heal reduced to 125/180/235/290/345 from 125/200/275/350/425

Olaf

* Undertow slow percent increased to 24/28/32/36/40 from 16/22/28/34/40

Ryze

* Overload now has a new passive component: 2/4/6/8/10% cooldown reduction
* Rune Prison duration increased to 1.2/1.5/1.8/2.1/2.4 from 0.8/1.2/1.6/2/2.4
* Rune Prison now deals damage over 2/3/4/5/6 ticks (evenly split by the duration) instead of every 0.4 seconds
* Spell Flux Magic Resistance reduction changed to 12/15/18/21/24 from 15/15/15/15/15.
* Desperate Power cooldown increased to 50 from 40

Soraka

* Astral Blessing cooldown increased to 10 at all ranks from 9
* Heal amount reduced to 80/130/180/230/280 from 80/135/190/245/300
* Wish cooldown increased to 120/110/100 from 100/90/80

Taric

* Imbue heal reduced to 100/145/190/235/280 from 100/150/200/250/300

Teemo

* Fixed a bug with Toxic Shot where it was not applying the poison damage immediately upon hit

Vladimir

* Crimson Pact (passive) tooltip now displays stat bonuses
* Sanguine Pool cooldown increased to 26/23/20/17/14 from 25/22/19/16/13
* Tides of Blood health cost reduced to 30/45/60/75/90 from 40/55/70/85/100
* Tides of Blood is now blocked by spell shield.

Items

* Bilgewater Cutlass
o Stats increased to +35 Attack Damage, +15% Lifesteal from +25 Attack Damage, +12% lifesteal
o The active component's cast range has been increased to 400 from 300
o Fixed a bug where the active effect would go through spell shields
o Fixed a bug where the active effect stacked with Hextech Gunblade's active
* Hextech Gunblade
o Stats increased to +60 Attack Damage, +75 Ability Power, +15% Lifesteal, +13% Spell Vamp from +45 Attack Damage, +55 Ability Power, +15% Lifesteal, +12% Spell Vamp
o Fixed a bug where the active effect stacked with Bilgewater Cutlass' active
* Wriggle's Lantern
o Removed Long Sword from the recipe
o Decreased the combine cost to 75 from 150 gold
o Decreased the attack damage to 23 from 35
* Fixed a bug in which Haunting Guise was displaying the wrong stat bonuses.

Summoner's Rift

* Fixed a bug where Baron Nashor would stop attacking a target immeadiately after the target stopped attacking Baron Nashor
* Fixed a bug where Baron Nashor was not regenerating health at the proper rate

General

* Smart Cast now defaults to Shift and Self Cast now defaults to Alt. These can be changed in the keybinding menu.
* Death Recap now operates under a priority system in order to show which abilities are contributing most to the kill
* Fixed several server crashes
* Fixed a bug where kills or assists were not granting experience if the Champion was too far away from the target
* Fixed a bug with the Tutorial where disabling the sound would break the progression
* Fixed a bug where Champions that killed a target would continue playing channeling animations after the target was dead
* Fixed a bug where the item stack number wouldn't swap properly when items were rearranged in the inventory
* Fixed a bug where entering a game with sounds disabled would cause all sounds to be disabled for the rest of the game, regardless of if sounds were enabled later on

Skins

* Alien Heimerdinger now has Alien turrets

New patch coming today. two of my mains, Malzahar and nunu both got big buffs, and i already had no trouble doing well with them, so i'm pretty pleased with this patch. The new champ looks overpowered though.

caromelo

WOO PATCH DAY!

I like how the new hero, Galio plays. Hopefully the after the initial rush to play him decreases I can check him out and fully explore his potential. Out of all the hero's that were affected, only Taric was the one I play and it isn't that bad IMO.

Further nerfs to Heimerdinger makes him even less bannable and yet I bet he'll still be banned.

Kunan

I started playing Teemo the past 2 days and was failing hardcore. But then it suddenly clicked and I absolutely raped in the last 3 games last night! I tend to get boots + 3 first, then go straight for the frozen mallet (so I can get some damage and the 25%->100% slow, but also as an excuse to buff the hell out of my meagre HP). Then I get the recursive bow and the vampiric sceptre, then the bow's upgrade (does the 40% armor pen) and wriggles lantern. Then I get a high damage item if I can to finish it.

I got good at predicting where people were going to run away to after team fights though lol. I started placing mushrooms at strategic locations around the map while my team was farming->assembling, and then after the team fights the 1 or 2 enemies that would manage to get away would explode on them like 10 seconds later :lol . This guy was raging so hard at me saying Teemo needed a major nerf.

Also, the last game I lost before that streak I died to a mordekaiser ult. The first thing my teemo ghost did was kill 2 of my allies and nearly kill a third. Team raged at me there but it was funny in retrospect (we were about to lose our nexus anyways).

EDIT: I think I'm going to swap my wriggle for a hextech gunblade

EDIT 2: I think I'm gonna try an AP Teemo with a Lichbane + Blind nuke and mushroom baiting

caromelo

Galio is a bannable hero judging from my first game against him. His ulti and ability to chase is awesome. That and the more tanky he gets with magic resists, the more damage he outputs is pretty crazy.

Kunan

caromelo said:
Galio is a bannable hero judging from my first game against him. His ulti and ability to chase is awesome. That and the more tanky he gets with magic resists, the more damage he outputs is pretty crazy.
Holy shit I just looked at his abilities :lol . Sounds terrifying.

Patch Notes said:
Nasus

* Fixed a typo in Siphoning Strike's tooltip that indicated the spell did magic damage when in fact it does physical damage.
Seriously? That sort of stuff should never make it into the client without being caught. That is beyond ridiculous.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Isn't that par for new heroes, though? Make them ridiculously OP for the first few weeks (so that people rush out to buy them *cough*) then nerf them to a sane level.

Leezard

Archie said:
Isn't that par for new heroes, though? Make them ridiculously OP for the first few weeks (so that people rush out to buy them *cough*) then nerf them to a sane level.
Vlad was balanced. Xin Zhao has been the worst offender yet. Gallio was apparently way better before now, they nerfed him before release.

Jokey665

Does anyone like playing characters in weird/unorthodox ways? I'm not super competitive with LoL (yet?) so I decided to fuck around for a game and play attack speed Zilean instead of my normal AP Zilean. I did way better than I had any right to, and it was super fun. Here's the items I had at the end of the game, should I replace them for something else next time?

Berserker's Greaves
Sword of the Divine
Madred's Bloodrazor
The Black Cleaver
Malady
Last Whisper

y2dvd

I saw a dps annie before. She won rather due to her team being better though.

There are 3 heros I always try to ban: Heimer, Taric, and Sorkora. I see Shen being banned the most, followed by Shaco. Xin will still sometimes get banned.

Jokey665 said:
Does anyone like playing characters in weird/unorthodox ways? I'm not super competitive with LoL (yet?) so I decided to fuck around for a game and play attack speed Zilean instead of my normal AP Zilean. I did way better than I had any right to, and it was super fun. Here's the items I had at the end of the game, should I replace them for something else next time?

Berserker's Greaves
Sword of the Divine
Madred's Bloodrazor
The Black Cleaver
Malady
Last Whisper

Any hero with those items is going to do well. Madred's is an amazing item on any hero, so is Black Cleaver. You basically stole my build for Udyr minus Trinity Force.

Steaks

Macattk15 said:
Damn. Still no Gragas changes?

CHANGE HIS AP RATIOS! MAKE HIM SOMEWHAT FUN TO PLAY!
Gragas is a fine hero?
Leezard said:
Vlad was balanced. Xin Zhao has been the worst offender yet. Gallio was apparently way better before now, they nerfed him before release.
Vlad is extremely good, not broken, but he's really high up there, ESPECIALLY on a team with something like Xin/Morgana.

Alone he's like decent but with a select few top tier heroes he borders on brokenness. The brokenness is the fact that he makes broken heroes more broken.

bluemax

Banned
Jokey665 said:

Berserker's Greaves
Sword of the Divine
Madred's Bloodrazor
The Black Cleaver
Malady
Last Whisper

I've played with AP Pantheon on my team in one game and attack speed Cho on my team in another.

Leezard

kensk said:
Gragas is a fine hero?
Vlad is extremely good, not broken, but he's really high up there, ESPECIALLY on a team with something like Xin/Morgana.

Alone he's like decent but with a select few top tier heroes he borders on brokenness. The brokenness is the fact that he makes broken heroes more broken.

To be fair, his ulti is pretty much the only thing he can contribute to a team fight. The pool is nice for escape early in the game but later on any hero with a slow or some kind of move speed will get him. It doesn't deal much damage and uses up much of his health. Vlad's Q is nice for laning and to a certain degree poking but in a team fight it is near useless.

Lots of people who don't know what he does are saying he's OP, lots of people who can't play him say he's UP since all they do is waste hp by using pool. I'd say he is quite balanced, just a sort of nonsquishy caster in the end. When he's played like he is supposed to be, he can be a good resource for the team, just like any other hero that is played well.

IcedTea

Archie said:
I've seen people say this a few times now (here and other places) and I really don't get it.

Looking at the last 8 champs released

Terrible:
Kennen
Kog'Maw

Bad:
Malzahar
Olaf

Good:
Vlad
Akali
Garen

Too Good:
Xin Zhao

In this case, 'Good' being properly balanced. Overall, they've released far more underpowered (Bad/Terrible) than overpowered champions. Especially since you could probably put Akali on the 'Bad' pile on release. She's gotten several small buffs since then. Maybe Galio will get added to the 'Too Good' pile, but even if he is the scales are still tipped to the underpowered side. And we'll have to give it some time anyways. Everyone was talking about how Vlad was super OP when they first saw him and on the first day when they didn't understand him at all, but he really isn't a big deal at all.

Edit: AP Gragas is amazing. Not sure why he's getting hate here. He can farm amazingly well, his body slam gives him great escaping or chasing power, he can dominate the laning phase against most opponents, he has amazing range and harass. He does pretty decent damage too. No he doesn't have as much burst as Annie or Anivia, but if he did he'd be the most OP champ in the game. He can still wreck face though.

Kunan

Just played an epic match as AP Teemo with Ashe and Morg on twisted treeline vs. Vlad, Yi and Morg. Our Morg got disconnected at the start, so ashe and I were workin hard to defend. We did well though and got 5 kills before they got their first. They were takin advantage of the fact that we couldnt defend both lanes, but then bam our morganas back halfway thru! We got her leveled up quick and then we managed to push back handily and win the game (morg quickly was gettin kills herself :D). Was a nice game to end tonight with.

I salute you ruhtard92 and Michida!

JWong

Banned
Just tried Shen... compared to Amumu, I just can't play his type of tanking.

It doesn't seem to be as effective as AoE stuns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom