• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
It's just getting laughable how the game makes me lose now. My solo queue team is good, caitlyn goes 8/3, the bottom lane is getting crushed...bam, Cait's mom picks him up, 4v5 for another 40 minute loss even though we came close to getting an inhib tower.

3 losses in a row, RAGE

Blizzard

Banned
3 losses in a row, 4th one goes badly, Irelia feeding top lane to Shyvana, going to lose anyway...BAM, disconnect. Reconnecting finally, graphics are glitched anyway with a ghost Heimer icon mid, and a ghost turret top.

Alt-F4, try to restart. Yes, kill old client. Reconnect? Yes. Bam, nothing happens. Manually kill with task manager...

Have you ever had everything just go wrong? This is laughable. *edit* Bam, still a chance of playing, lags out again. 4 in a row.

Sibylus

Banned
Had my best match of LoL yet, wasn't expecting it at all. I'd say the "glass hellcannon"-styled build for Ashe has really won me over (ie virtually everything on AD/crit, to the detriment of survivability).

11r6geb.jpg

It didn't start well for us. We gave up lives here and there early, we lost a tower, and then our decline began to accelerate. They took tower after tower, eventually all we had left was a T1 on the top lane, with our bottom lane being pushed in hard. I held mid very well, but soon something had to give and concentrated pushes knocked down the T1 and T2. We gave up the T3 and Inhibitor on bottom, and it seemed like GG wasn't too far off.

A potentially fateful moment for me occurred when I was back at the fountain base, contemplating purchasing the next item in a Banshee's Veil recipe. And then an idea pinged off my skull: "more damage". I knew the other team's Ashe wasn't going pure AD, she had health and mana items on her. So I sold the health crystal and began saving for more damage items, and made it an objective of mine that their Ashe would be under-farmed comparatively and under-damaging. I saved arrows for opportunities to gank her off when she was attempting free-farm or to neutralize her immediately in teamfights, and continued to compound my gold and damage advantage. I started to figure more and more in these fights, along with our Nasus.

The tide turned sharply. Their Ashe could sting, but I stung quite a fair bit harder. With her out of the picture after the beginning of these fights, we were able to focus down other heroes with frightening speed. The farm started to roll in and we began to knock down towers and reassert map control. Such was our advantage by this point, we trivially knocked a hero or two down and then took two lanes at once. Victory soon followed. By the end of it, I was the most farmed hero on the map and 2nd in kills behind our Nasus (the two of us basically put the team on our back), and my focus to shut down their Ashe seems to have worked, I was ahead of her by 5k+ gold and she had 14 deaths to offset her 14 kills. This was a player that was several levels above me and had dozens more wins, so it's no small thing to me that I was able to get the upper hand.

So yeah, holy shit. I was shaking a little bit after that win. HYPE.

bjaelke

kiunchbb said:
Damn Riot! Where is my 9tail, who the hell is this shit!

http://i.imgur.com/FqmHt.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
They said back when Nine tail was first announced, that she was far out in the horizon. When Xerath was first revealed everyone expected him to be the next champion, but two other unannounced champions came before him.

Ferrio

Banned
Yay... my losing streak continues. Currently 1-15 far as I remember. Last game our team had two leavers... weeeeeee

Might call it quits on this pos game if this keeps up.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Feep said:
Yeah, we give out yearly awards. I guess they take it seriously. = D
I am assuming they made it them selves, or does Evilore actually make these little trophies and never bothered to tell us.

Solune

Ferrio said:
Yay... my losing streak continues. Currently 1-15 far as I remember. Last game our team had two leavers... weeeeeee

Might call it quits on this pos game if this keeps up.
Dominion not your flavor? Whenever I get into an SR slump I just hop onto Dom for a win and I'm all better.

Neki

Solune said:
Dominion not your flavor? Whenever I get into an SR slump I just hop onto Dom for a win and I'm all better.
he'd rather farm for 40 minutes and lose than play a 20 minute dominion game.

Feep

Banned
Drkirby said:
I am assuming they made it them selves, or does Evilore actually make these little trophies and never bothered to tell us.
They made it themselves; it matched all the other crystal trophies

Veritas_

Sometimes I don't understand how this happens. I've been having a series of good games recently, ranging from 'ok' to 'awesome' but always pulling out a win either through superior team play or personal skill and rarely enemy feeding/trolls. Then you get a game like this, when Tryndamere goes 0-3 top against Irelia after 10 minutes, Cass is something like 2-8, and everything just goes to hell. It's like matchmaking will intentionally throw bad players into your party once you hit a certain number of continuous victories.

TY3bi.jpg

Wrekt said:
Did LoL have Bilgewater Port before World of Warcraft? I know that is the name of a zone in WoW.

A model like Disney's Stitch from a city with the same name as a WoW area. Just name him Sephiroth to really drive it home.

They've had Bilgewater for a while, as well, and it's not a term unique to WoW.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Don't be silly, everyone knows that WoW invented fantasy.

It's a clear ripoff.

Haly

And what about this Lich guy, they just took brand and made him a stupid auto-deny ward bitch.

DOTA2 has nothing on LoL.

This is most welcome. I look forward to spectating pro-matches and learning. Is this like DotA 2's spectator mode, where we can watch any match currently going on?

broz0rs

Veritas_ said:
Sometimes I don't understand how this happens. I've been having a series of good games recently, ranging from 'ok' to 'awesome' but always pulling out a win either through superior team play or personal skill and rarely enemy feeding/trolls. Then you get a game like this, when Tryndamere goes 0-3 top against Irelia after 10 minutes, Cass is something like 2-8, and everything just goes to hell. It's like matchmaking will intentionally throw bad players into your party once you hit a certain number of continuous victories.

TY3bi.jpg

what's there to not understand? you didn't exactly carry your games in your winning streak so you had good teammates, and you did end up going 0-6 in your loss.

Haly

MOBA players are collectively incapable of understanding probability.

Haly

Thanks, I spent two hours redrawing the Waddle-doo as a penguin and it turned out pretty well.

Ferrio

Banned
Wonder if my losing streak is due to me doing shyvana... seems to have started at the same time. But my score is never bad, so hrmm.

Still trying to find a good build with her.

Right now my build I'm trying:

1. Wriggles
2. Merc
3. Phage
4. Wits
5 Phage->Mallet
6. Sword of the Divine
7. Situational (tiamat, thornmail, atma etc)

I wanna get a game where I get Wits, Sword of the Divine and Malady. Wanna see how fast s he smacks.

seipherzero

Neo Member
I just read this on the LoL boards. Some lol worthy stuff here and there.

na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1464083 said:
New Skins in the Store
• Human Nocturne
• Stitch Fizz
• Janna Banana

PVP.net v1.48
• Your elo now reflects your skill
• Custom Games will not have afk rooms anymore
• Spectator mode is now capped at 10000 players to avoid server lags when HotshotGG is online.
• Matchmaking now matches you with people that have the same system specs as you do. E.g.: If you have a core i7 you'll fight against users of core i5 or higher. No more long waiting times.
• If your ping is higher than 180 you'll be matched with other brazilian mates to better communicate with your team.
• If someone of your team decides to leave and you lose the battle, all of your elo losses will be cut and given to the leaver instead
• You can no longer duo in solo queue, however we've created another bracket for duoing.

League of Legends v1.0.0.129
Fizz, the Tidal Trickster
• Water Gun
o Fizz blasts a powerful jet of water out of its mouth at the opponent.

• Hydro Pump
o Fizz stomps its two hands on the ground and geysers of water shoot up from the ground all around the opponent.

• Rapid Spin
o Fizz spins very fast in order to knock enemies out of its path.

• Absolute Defense: Water Shield
o Fizz creates a large water shield around him and nearest partners that reduces incoming damage by 10% if he's alone / 20% with 1 teammate / 30% with 2 / 40% with 3 / 50% with 4 or more for 3 seconds.

• The power of water (Passive)
o Fizz damaging spells now deal 30% more damage to targets that uses Fire as main source of Damage

Caitlyn
• Yordle Snap Traps now only traps yordles.

Corki
• Removed from the game because of the similarity with Osama Bin Laden.

Dr. Mundo
• Went where he pleased and is now missing.

Garen
• Spinned too much and is now dizzy.

Graves
• Ratios are doubled if Yorick is on his team.

Jarvan IV
• Got a throat disease because of yelling Demacia too much.

Katarina
• Is now taking lessons from Talon and Irelia.

Kayle
• Found out to be a man and is now named Gayle.

Lux
• Finales Funkeln now shoots a nyan cat first.

Miss Fortune
• Strut now is activated upon receiving damage from champions or turrets.

Mordekaiser
• His laugh is now hue and it's binded to every ability

Nunu
• Consume can now be used on champions.
• The yeti now shoots Willump.

Pantheon
• Found to be from Sparta and his manliness has increased by 50%.

Shaco
• Name changed to Crapo

Shen
• Found to be Sub-Zero and is now OP, his energy bar is now mana bar and his abilities are now ice-based.

Singed
• Now also has Vladimir's passive.

Teemo
• Is no longer captain but Major.

Xin Zhao
• Xin Zhao changes reverted to the state of his release to now match with Graves' power.

Dominion
Removed because Blizzard would sue us. They said we copied it from Arathi Basin battleground.

Twisted Treeline
Now has Dominion's experience and gold ratios.

Items

• Atmogs is now shown on every AD carry recommended item list

• You no longer lose AD when upgrading to Madred's Bloodrazor
• Madred's Bloodrazor is now named Madred's Bloodrazer because of our sponsor Razer

• Different GP/10 items no longer stack, this way we fix 0 CS meta for supports.

• Rod of Ages nerfed because mages were too "tanky" when they got it.

bjaelke

SouthernDragon said:
This is most welcome. I look forward to spectating pro-matches and learning. Is this like DotA 2's spectator mode, where we can watch any match currently going on?
Not even close. You have to join the game in champion selection and there are only two spectator spots available.

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
Wonder if my losing streak is due to me doing shyvana... seems to have started at the same time. But my score is never bad, so hrmm.

Still trying to find a good build with her.

I wanna get a game where I get Wits, Sword of the Divine and Malady. Wanna see how fast s he smacks.
I feel like my terrible playing started right when I started trying to vary my warwick build instead of doing the same thing. It also coincided with me making terrible decisions and being too aggressive. I'm not sure if the terrible decisions are because I lose, or only cause me to lose, or both.

Flare

SouthernDragon said:
Good question. We have, like, a few legit ones, but it'd be hard to convince any of them to sit around watch mediocre play for 30 minutes.

I think you can only use Spec. Mode with custom games right now. So you'll also need to have a mostly gaf vs. gaf game.

solblade00 said:
I think you can only use Spec. Mode with custom games right now. So you'll also need to have a mostly gaf vs. gaf game.

Eww. Well, that could be good, too. We could have a GAF Clinic, could be nice. Would help raise the overall skill level of GAF. Right now we have good players trying to give advice, but they are way too preoccupied with winning their own lane, understandably.

Flare

I've had something curious happen to me recently (putting aside the obvious problems with Syv's ult), I tried to ult as Wukong once but it was cancelled by I'm assuming the Xin on the enemy team.

I dunno what it was, but I activated, saw the initial animation and then it wasn't there. The cooldown timer even started.

I'd be willing to spectate and critique games, if you consider me good that is. You should be pretty easy to correct if you listen Southern, because you know your shit, you just have it all mixed up in your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom