• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Dance In My Blood said:
Alright, first of all, Ryze does not counter Nasus. I don't know where this is even coming from, or what Ryze would do to counter in this situation. Garen is a good counter to Nasus. You just want someone who can trade in 1v1s and outsustain...that isn't Ryze. The six bans on Ryze had nothing to do with Nasus, because no team picked Nasus six times or would even want to. Sypher had Udyr top when they banned Ryze one time, so clearly it isn't a case of them running Nasus. I know Curse banned Ryze twice because they were taking Veigar mid. Some of the Ryze bans were against Scarra, who plays an incredible Ryze. Scarra plays mid.
Ryze is ALSO a counter to Nasus. Just like Garen and Caitlyn(!). Ryze is good against melee champions that can be kited.

Sypher banned Ryze in their game against Curse and then picked Nasus top: http://iemnewyork.leagueoflegends.com/match/group-b-round-32-sypher-vs-curse

Dance In My Blood said:
While Swain can go top that doesn't negate the fact that he still showed up in mid. He doesn't counter Kat either, she counters him with her heal reduction, which is why they threw Morgana mid to lane against her. Kat only comes up in last pick so nobody is going to counter pick her anyways.
I never said Swain was a counter to Katarina. It's the other way around. I said he is counter to melee champions in top lane. Not that it matters, but we're obviously not talking about the same match from IEM, because I saw Swain go against Katarina mid with some success.

Dance In My Blood said:
Really Brand just doesn't show up that much. In competitive play or otherwise he just isn't around, and I don't really expect to see much of him at all in the near future in tournaments with a Kassadin and Morgana heavy meta. He's not bad in any way, but he's just kind of an odd man out. I think there are better choices for mid, and evidently so do most other people.
I don't disagree with you. All I ever claimed was, that Brand is one of the most popular burst mages out there. Never said he was the most popular AP carry/mid champion/caster.

Blizzard

Banned
Minor Riven note for anyone who cares, I think the latest patch made it so that Riven continues on her travel path if you press Q, which is really nice since you only have to right click after E if you are trying to increase your travelspeed. I guess I still don't fully know whether doing Q is worth it if you have level 2 boots. I suspect the E dash still shaves a tiny bit of time off your long-distance travel.

Ferrio

Banned
Blizzard said:
Minor Riven note for anyone who cares, I think the latest patch made it so that Riven continues on her travel path if you press Q, which is really nice since you only have to right click after E if you are trying to increase your travelspeed. I guess I still don't fully know whether doing Q is worth it if you have level 2 boots. I suspect the E dash still shaves a tiny bit of time off your long-distance travel.

It's still worth it if you're carrying merc boots (which you should). I forget the cutoff point when Q is slower, it was like 425 speed or something.

Carries gonna carry.

lolxerathcarry.png

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
Meh, I need galio.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1467497

Sigh.. something tells me riven is going to get a lot more popular in upcoming season.
:( Sigh, I look forward to my 6300 IP champion being nerfed to Karma tier. </overreaction>

Also, I still don't see how she fits in the standard roles well. I feel like her jungling is not very good compared to other options, and she isn't tanky dps enough to replace a tank for top solo, and she works well with a ranged partner, but that means she'd replace the support person bottom.

Ferrio said:
Hate them alllll.
Why do you want a tank then? Describe what playstyle you want. Were you not the person saying you were going to quit playing the game anyway since you lost so many games? D:

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
bjaelke said:
Ryze is ALSO a counter to Nasus. Just like Garen and Caitlyn(!). Ryze is good against melee champions that can be kited.
About half the fucking characters in the game are a good counter to Nasus. He has such a baby start, any character who doesn't rely on a limit pool to damage him, should be able zone him easily.

Ferrio

Banned
Blizzard said:
:( Sigh, I look forward to my 6300 IP champion being nerfed to Karma tier. </overreaction>

Also, I still don't see how she fits in the standard roles well. I feel like her jungling is not very good compared to other options, and she isn't tanky dps enough to replace a tank for top solo, and she works well with a ranged partner, but that means she'd replace the support person bottom.

How is she not tanky dps enough? Most build her tanky.. she has a build in shield......

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
How is she not tanky dps enough? Most build her tanky.. she has a build in shield......
But then your team probably doesn't have a tank, assuming bottom lane is support + ranged AD! One or two ranged people against her should be able to shut her down even with her shield. The shield lasts 2 seconds with a several-second cooldown, correct? I thought it wasn't much of a shield, but I guess if you can farm 300-400 AD then the shield will take 300-500 damage for those 2 seconds?

Also, she has no way to heal herself for sustain, unless you can get enough autoattacks from minions to make wriggles lantern heal you up (and again, a ranged champion should be able to poke her if she's trying to melee minions, I would think).

Ferrio

Banned
Blizzard said:
But then your team probably doesn't have a tank, assuming bottom lane is support + ranged AD! One or two ranged people against her should be able to shut her down even with her shield. The shield lasts 2 seconds with a several-second cooldown, correct? I thought it wasn't much of a shield, but I guess if you can farm 300-400 AD then the shield will take 300-500 damage for those 2 seconds?

Also, she has no way to heal herself for sustain, unless you can get enough autoattacks from minions to make wriggles lantern heal you up (and again, a ranged champion should be able to poke her if she's trying to melee minions, I would think).

Shield dash in to minion wave, do a Q to kill minions then Qs to jump to safety. You only get popped once if they're fast and your shield absorbs it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would think shield dashing in is an exceptionally bad idea, unless you're up against people with instant cast spells. Otherwise they can just wait for the shield to fall off before hitting you,

Ferrio

Banned
Halycon said:
I would think shield dashing in is an exceptionally bad idea, unless you're up against people with instant cast spells. Otherwise they can just wait for the shield to fall off before hitting you,

You shield dash in and dash right out. You never stay in the minion line for more than a second. That's if they're ranged, if they're melee I push them around.

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
Shield dash in to minion wave, do a Q to kill minions then Qs to jump to safety. You only get popped once if they're fast and your shield absorbs it.
Even if that does work, that means you're not autoattacking minions (or maybe one minion, once), in which case lifesteal DEFINITELY won't give you healing/sustain in lane.

Ferrio said:
You shield dash in and dash right out. You never stay in the minion line for more than a second. That's if they're ranged, if they're melee I push them around.
The Q's are hops, not dashes, correct? Even the third one is very short. I'll have to check but I would have thought two Q's are even shorter than the already short dash range.

I still don't know for sure whether the third Q hop can be used to dodge skillshots.

Ferrio

Banned
Blizzard said:
The Q's are hops, not dashes, correct? Even the third one is very short. I'll have to check but I would have thought two Q's are even shorter than the already short dash range.

I still don't know for sure whether the third Q hop can be used to dodge skillshots.

As I said earlier, the Q's are equal to about about 475 movespeed (confirmed), which is pretty substantial early game.

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
As I said earlier, the Q's are equal to about about 475 movespeed (confirmed), which is pretty substantial early game.
475 movespeed over an inch is less distance than 400 movespeed over 4 inches though. The question is whether using QQ rapidly covers as much ground as E (which is already not very much ground compared to other charge champions like lee sin or alistar, right?).

Ferrio

Banned
Blizzard said:
475 movespeed over an inch is less distance than 400 movespeed over 4 inches though. The question is whether using QQ rapidly covers as much ground as E (which is already not very much ground compared to other charge champions like lee sin or alistar, right?).

Does it need to? All I said it was enough to get into the minion line and back out again since you were concerned about farming minions.

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
Does it need to? All I said it was enough to get into the minion line and back out again since you were concerned about farming minions.
It was in regard to Halycon's concern about ranged spells and ranged attackers smacking you when you're in range (with no way to heal yourself besides potions). Anyway, it's all theory. If I try Riven and ever lose another game with her though, I'm going to blame you all for misleading me!

Ferrio

Banned
Blizzard said:
It was in regard to Halycon's concern about ranged spells and ranged attackers smacking you when you're in range (with no way to heal yourself besides potions). Anyway, it's all theory. If I try Riven and ever lose another game with her though, I'm going to blame you all for misleading me!

Stack AD mark/quints, MR marks, armor seals. Get a dorans blade and play aggressive in lane. If you can push them around, ,do so. If not stand back and dash in and out for minion kills or if they get close.

Think I'll start trying to jungle as her too now that I'm 30.

^ I'm sooooo sorry for the disconnect. Sincere apologies... (This is dizzy.)

My computer decided it doesn't like LoL anymore and rewards me with the blue screen of death.

perryfarrell said:
^ I'm sooooo sorry for the disconnect. Sincere apologies... (This is dizzy.)

My computer decided it doesn't like LoL anymore and rewards me with the blue screen of death.

It's fine, just a little disappointing. We managed to kill everyone on their team in a 4v5 fight except for Karth who had like 400hp left and he just pushed our last turret and nexus. We lost the game because we didn't have any range to push turrets and Blitz and I were just fucking around (with surprising success!).

I got my one baron steal of the day in too, people need to learn how to smite better, because this time it wasn't even with smite.

caromelo

bjaelke said:
You won top lane against AS Cho? Well played. Wukong just went on sale today, so I might have to spend a few RP :)

He went that build after being destroyed. I made sure to keep it in laning phase by not taking the tower down to ensure that I could continue to kill him so he would lose out on exp.

Ferrio said:
Stack AD mark/quints, MR marks, armor seals. Get a dorans blade and play aggressive in lane. If you can push them around, ,do so. If not stand back and dash in and out for minion kills or if they get close.

Think I'll start trying to jungle as her too now that I'm 30.

I get Arp mark/quint, health Seals, CDR glyphs on riven. Same play style.

Riven's really flexible as a champ which is why I think she's becoming more popular. You can build her as a straight tank, and if you have the right amount of CDR you can keep spamming your abilities during fight dishing out a surprising amount of dmg, or build into a bruiser with hp/ad, or go straight ad and carry(not recommended unless you're really fed).

Ferga

Ferrio said:
"Kennen you sure you're good solo top"
"Ya kennen is op top, chinese do it"

Guess what kennen does.

kennen is a viable solo top though

get the green gun and your q give you endless heals

and the jungle ganks are awesome since they can't get away

Ferrio

Banned
les papillons sexuels said:
I get Arp mark/quint, health Seals, CDR glyphs on riven. Same play style.

Riven's really flexible as a champ which is why I think she's becoming more popular. You can build her as a straight tank, and if you have the right amount of CDR you can keep spamming your abilities during fight dishing out a surprising amount of dmg, or build into a bruiser with hp/ad, or go straight ad and carry(not recommended unless you're really fed).

Hrm some CRD glyphs would be nice. Not sure if I wanna give up the early game resists though since that's when I really need them. CDR would help long run. (especially since so few cdr items for her)

Also going to have to jungle with riven more. Didn't do too bad both games I did it, new to jungling period so I gotta get faster at it. Only thing I'm concerned about is counter jungling, don't think she'd do good if someone caught me.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
markot said:
Riot seems to pump out a new champion every week >_<

That's perfectly fine. The problem isn't that we get new champions, but rather that they are always OP. Then they get nerfed right around the launch of their next new champ. If they were better balanced this wouldn't even be an issue.

Who am I kidding though. I'm replying to Markot for goodness sakes.

Neki

Brettison said:
That's perfectly fine. The problem isn't that we get new champions, but rather that they are always OP. Then they get nerfed right around the launch of their next new champ. If they were better balanced this wouldn't even be an issue.

skarner was so op

Ferrio

Banned
Brettison said:

Other than graves I can't think of any recent champs that were OP out the gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom