• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrekt

I started playing just after Yorick was released and Graves and Talon were the only two I'd consider overpowered since then. Skarner and Wukong being underpowered, even. With Shyvana quickly falling into the UP camp, but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and hoping I've only seen bad players with her.

Wrekt

Ferrio said:
Wasn't he considered UP when released?
There was like 1 day where he was considered UP because people tried building him like an auto-attack champ. Once people stopped being dumb, he turned into an unstoppable killing machine.

Ferrio

Banned
Wrekt said:
I started playing just after Yorick was released and Graves and Talon were the only two I'd consider overpowered since then. Skarner and Wukong being underpowered, even. With Shyvana quickly falling into the UP camp, but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and hoping I've only seen bad players with her.

So far general consensus is that she's slightly UP, especially shackled with her ult quirks. Just a very small tweak and fix up her ult and she'll be fine.

Flare

Ferrio said:
??

She's a beast, how is she overnerfed?

I should have added quotation marks. I don't believe that she actually is over-nerfed.

Though her attack animation does need a bit of tweaking. It can be so misleading.

Ferrio

Banned
SouthernDragon said:
I would like to mention that I tried running LoLReplay and I suffered massive lag. :(

Where do you get it? What are your computer's specs?

Mines pretty beefy so hope I'd be able to run it without any slowdown.

Flare

SouthernDragon said:
I would like to mention that I tried running LoLReplay and I suffered massive lag. :(

I run it without any problems?

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that I have to deal with shitty Internet and a pretty crappy laptop and I can run lolreplay without any lag.

Don't think lolreplay causes lag.

Blizzard

Banned
What does it mean for a champion to be OP? It's too easy for people to use them effectively? They objectively do more damage in more situations than any other champion? Their statistical odds of winning are greater if that champion is on the team?

IsayFever

2nVmQ.jpg

We should've played a bot game.

Blizzard

Banned
Legato.Reborn- said:
That video is such terrible quality I can barely tell what's going on, let alone what items each team has and whether xin is high-level and fed.

And as for that game with IsayFever and company...I think I kept going semi-afk and barely paying attention. My death was probably even something stupid where I dived into a crowd of enemies. I did have some pro kill stealing going on when I was paying attention.

I think Shaco got two-shotted by someone in amusing fashion, and he even had a skin (which is supposed to mean he's pro). :/

Achtius

Blizzard said:
That video is such terrible quality I can barely tell what's going on, let alone what items each team has and whether xin is high-level and fed.

And as for that game with IsayFever and company...I think I kept going semi-afk and barely paying attention. My death was probably even something stupid where I dived into a crowd of enemies. I did have some pro kill stealing going on when I was paying attention.

I think Shaco got two-shotted by someone in amusing fashion, and he even had a skin (which is supposed to mean he's pro). :/

and company?
if we were his company, you were like tag-along.

Blizzard

Banned
This was a kind of odd 64-minute game:

warwick_3mtcbu.png

I think near the end, they had killed two of our inhibitors and both of our nexus towers (super minions finished the last one off), and the other inhib might have remained up, possibly with tower. Once or twice it was very close with most of our team dead and super minions trying to finish our own base off. For a long time we only had one of their inhibitors down too. We managed to win a fight near their base with yi still alive to finish off their last nexus tower and the nexus itself.

The weird thing was, even with our kill advantage, our gold advantage, and our decent warding most of the game, it felt like a super close game especially with the towers. Their team kept avoiding us unless they could get a teamfight in, at which point their whole team would do AOE ults -- galio's taunt plus kat's ult plus wukong spinning around, and/or vlad hitting people with the blood pool. I guess we won some teamfights, but it sure felt painful.

Thankfully vlad kept disconnecting for short periods and I think kat was disconnected at one important point near the end of the game, so we win thanks to technical difficulties. Or our own skill, one of those. =P

bjaelke

Ferga said:
There's gonna be a whole lot of WTF when a god damn shark comes out of nowhere
I wonder if there will be some sort of temporary water pond/pool or the shark will just jump out of any terrain.

Blizzard

Banned
bjaelke said:
Anyone able to read the masteries in the right column (Improved Recall, Scout, etc.)?
From the page source:

Improved Recall
Reduces the cast time of Recall by 1 second and Enhanced Recall by 0.5 seconds.

Scout
Increase vision range of wards by 5%

Runic Affinity
Increases the duration of shrine, relic, quest, and neutral monster buffs by 20%

Sage
Gain 40 bonus experience on champion kills and assists (50% reduced effect on the Crystal Scar)

Boken

Banned
I don't mind masteries, but I think when masteries are so powerful (as the preview implies), more of the game becomes decided before the game even begins (at champ select/mastery select).

The new masteries seemed to have doubled in power... So while it does reward intelligent, strategic mastery choices, it might reward them too much, or punish too much. This is a MOBA game afterall, so at the most extreme, that sort of thing isnt exactly desirable.

-4cents.

Neki

Boken said:
I don't mind masteries, but I think when masteries are so powerful (as the preview implies), more of the game becomes decided before the game even begins (at champ select/mastery select).

The new masteries seemed to have doubled in power... So while it does reward intelligent, strategic mastery choices, it might reward them too much, or punish too much. This is a MOBA game afterall, so at the most extreme, that sort of thing isnt exactly desirable.

-4cents.

just try to have some fun boken, too much thinking.

I do wonder what enhanced recall is.

Blizzard

Banned
Boken said:

-4cents.
I agree at least to some extent. Traditionally in draft mode you can pick and counterpick people, in theory. I have played VERY little draft so I don't remember if you get to see the other team's summoner spells. You presumably can't see (and wouldn't have time) to see their masteries, however.

If there were some sort of hybrid champion who could do well with two different sets of masteries, even counter picking them wouldn't make the difference unless you countered the right mastery build, in theory. Or if you're going up against a champion and you think well, I can beat them if they have X mastery set, but not if they have Y mastery set...it seems to introduce additional randomness into the game. *shrug* I'm still at -45 wins in normal mode and I don't trust my luck.

Blizzard

Banned
Rayven said:
A second Caitlyn (and Graves and Kog'maw) nerf, oh boy. I need to stop having favorite champions at this rate. Presumably Cait wasn't even the best! I mean, the nerfs may not be much, but it's kind of funny when the patch preview talks about how overpowering some of these ranged champions are, and shows a Caitlyn with full health running around (in dominion?) shooting at someone who has low health AND WHO IS PRACTICALLY STANDING STILL. Those sorts of people deserve to be Caitlyn'd!

Katarina is getting her shunpo buffed so she can appear in front of or behind enemies.

Corki, Tristana, and Miss Fortune are getting slight buffs. (Sivir is getting trolled)

Sona is getting nerfed. She was the very best support, says the video.

And since it's the Fizz patch preview, everyone got trolled since Fizz isn't in it.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
IsayFever said:
Phreak said Sivir was getting remade in "the next patch" that was 6 patches ago, when the fuck are her buffs coming?

Sivir remake isn't in the patch, it is in your heart. Just like the Eve remake.

-----------

Bah! Stop nerfing my Sona, nothing but nerf since I brought her at level 10 =/

Wow @ those mastery changes. That seems pretty huge.

With Awareness (+% EXP) so deep in the utility tree now I'm curious to see what this does to jungling. Especially since there are really good new options in both the offensive and defensive trees.

I'm thinking about buying Quintessences of Wisdom (+2% EXP) already. Or maybe just every jungler will go at least x/x/16 from now on. Seems a bit limiting though.

Rayven

aka surume
YianGaruga said:
Wow @ those mastery changes. That seems pretty huge.

With Awareness (+% EXP) so deep in the utility tree now I'm curious to see what this does to jungling. Especially since there are really good new options in both the offensive and defensive trees.

I'm thinking about buying Quintessences of Wisdom (+2% EXP) already. Or maybe just every jungler will go at least x/x/16 from now on. Seems a bit limiting though.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=17118237#post17118237

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
All of these changes sound great. Been on a bit of a League break but this stuff has me pretty excited to get back in.

Inskipp

So apparently, with 14 points in utility you can get 40+ starting gold, while having plenty of leftover for other masteries.

Perhaps we shall we see the comeback of Doran + pots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom