• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
ElectraStar said:
Yeah, we showed them!!

And I'm glad we left it on a high note, because you won;t be seeing me for a while :x
Going on a secret mission? :O

Also, we won with a lady team:
ladiesyi8l0.png

Ferga

I've once played a game where it was all male characters vs female characters

It was pure coincidence too. Everyone made a remark about it after the loading screen

The males won :p

IsayFever

Ferga said:

It was pure coincidence too. Everyone made a remark about it after the loading screen

Beating women is one of my favourite past times

Neki

Ferga said:

made an all female team with nome and mspudding and we won.

loool

red13th

Juggernaut - stacks multiplicatively with other disable duration reductions -- for example, Irelia with Merc Treads (35%), Juggernaut (10%), and 3+ enemy champions nearby (40%) will grant her a grand total of (1 - 0.35) * (1 - 0.1) * (1 - 0.4) = 0.351 ---> 1 - 0.351 = 0.649 ~ 65% disable duration reduction. Better nerf Irelia.

I love Statikk!
The obvious better solution is to DELETE Irelia instead IMO.

Blizzard

Banned
bjaelke said:
I count 2-3 females junglers in total. 0-1 for competitive play.
I think I lost 3-5 games games yesterday when I was jungling and the other team had no jungler. Now the explanation could be that I'm a terrible jungler and my ganks are terrible and all losses were my fault, but considering stuff like one game where early on our DUAL lane has two people with 12 deaths and 1 kill, I don't think I can be blamed for all of it. =(

Naturally that's normal instead of "competitive" play, but even GAF games seem to get lost when we have a jungler and the other team doesn't, half the time.

bjaelke

Blizzard said:
I think I lost 3-5 games games yesterday when I was jungling and the other team had no jungler. Now the explanation could be that I'm a terrible jungler and my ganks are terrible and all losses were my fault, but considering stuff like one game where early on our DUAL lane has two people with 12 deaths and 1 kill, I don't think I can be blamed for all of it. =(

Naturally that's normal instead of "competitive" play, but even GAF games seem to get lost when we have a jungler and the other team doesn't, half the time.
I mean "0-1 female champions that are useful in competitive play". I don't believe that a jungler is a necessity to win a game, but it does provide a significant advantage (xp/farm).

LCGeek

formerly sane
bjaelke said:
I mean "0-1 female champions that are useful in competitive play". I don't believe that a jungler is a necessity to win a game, but it does provide a significant advantage (xp/farm).

Very true. Jungling can actually make laning worse if the team composition sucks to begin with.

This elo thing.... they should really use a better system. Elo is for 1v1.\

I have 170 wins and 150 losses and barely any leaves and still my elo is 900 because I lost the first 10 matches from season 2 due to the influx of nublets. I was 1350 before. Taking me ages to fight back up.

Just saw another GAFer in solo ranked queue for the first time ever. Was a good game, but my team pulled ahead at the end and got an uncontested baron.

For those who want a sort of unconventional yet strong pick. I'd suggest Teemo top and go a straight attack speed/proc build with Malady, Wit's End, Starks, and Frozen Mallet. He counters almost every top champion except maybe Irelia, and I stayed even with her for most of the game and crushed her with the help of the rest of my team late. Once you push the top tower down, completely mushroom up their top jungle and force their team to fight the rest of their fights in the top jungle.

Ferga

thestopsign said:
Just saw another GAFer in solo ranked queue for the first time ever. Was a good game, but my team pulled ahead at the end and got an uncontested baron.

For those who want a sort of unconventional yet strong pick. I'd suggest Teemo top and go a straight attack speed/proc build with Malady, Wit's End, Starks, and Frozen Mallet. He counters almost every top champion except maybe Irelia, and I stayed even with her for most of the game and crushed her with the help of the rest of my team late. Once you push the top tower down, completely mushroom up their top jungle and force their team to fight the rest of their fights in the top jungle.

any ap top will also beat teemo. just saying

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
bjaelke said:
Did you see TheRainMan's Teemo against Dignitas? It was actually a positive surprise.
No, I'd be interested to see it. Was this recent with Dignitas running their new top though?

Dooraven

bjaelke said:
Dignitas first picked Tryndamere
KuGsj.gif

I bet fnatic weren't laughing about that when they got murded by him lol.

Anyway the Teemo was a very smart pick by TSM, it seems like that their new house is doing pretty well for them.

Swig_

thestopsign said:

When I solo lane with Teemo, i rush Wriggles and then malady. I never lose a solo lane unless it's 1v2 and I have a bad pre-6 game. Same with mid. Teemo can be a beast as a solo lane if you rune/build him right and choose the right masteries.

I'm mostly assuming that most top laners are going to be melee, and that's why Teemo counters them. If they put a switch and put someone like Malz top then I might have a problem. I'm 2-0 in Ranked with one game against a Cho and one against a Irelia, and I've beaten a Singed and Rumble top as well.

Blizzard

Banned
Speaking of Teemo, strategy question:

(I know the answer to this may be DUH, PLAY DRAFT NORMAL, but bear with me)

My understanding is that normally, top lane has a solo tank or a solo mostly tank person. I guess if they're a mostly tank person, the team either doesn't have a tank or the bottom lane has the tank as a support (Alistar).

Now, if the top lane is solo and the other team doesn't have a jungler, and we still lose (I have lost about 5 such games, I think most of them with GAF people, in the last 2 days or so), we are presumably doing something wrong. Case in point, last night we had what seemed to be a pretty bad Singed top. However, he was facing Teemo and Zilean.

Strategy question: What do you do as a solo person against Teemo and Zilean? If you are a tank, chances are you don't have ranged attacks. If you are a ranged AD person, chances are Teemo blinding you immediately shuts down most of your damage. If you are a ranged AP person, chances are you are squishy.

In any of the above cases, if you hug your turret you are unlikely to get minion kills due to turret hugging and being blinded by Teemo running in with the dart and running away. You are unlikely to be able to survive at the turret, even with pots, because Zilean can run in, bomb you, and run away (instantly repeating it with whatever ability he has that does that, too). That will be say, 100-300 HP for each combo, most likely.

Then past level 6, even if you charged one of them or got a good gank (through all the Teemo mushrooms), Zilean may be able to save it with his ult. What do you do?

Flare

Blizzard said:
Speaking of Teemo, strategy question:

(I know the answer to this may be DUH, PLAY DRAFT NORMAL, but bear with me)

My understanding is that normally, top lane has a solo tank or a solo mostly tank person. I guess if they're a mostly tank person, the team either doesn't have a tank or the bottom lane has the tank as a support (Alistar).

Now, if the top lane is solo and the other team doesn't have a jungler, and we still lose (I have lost about 5 such games, I think most of them with GAF people, in the last 2 days or so), we are presumably doing something wrong. Case in point, last night we had what seemed to be a pretty bad Singed top. However, he was facing Teemo and Zilean.

Strategy question: What do you do as a solo person against Teemo and Zilean? If you are a tank, chances are you don't have ranged attacks. If you are a ranged AD person, chances are Teemo blinding you immediately shuts down most of your damage. If you are a ranged AP person, chances are you are squishy.

In any of the above cases, if you hug your turret you are unlikely to get minion kills due to turret hugging and being blinded by Teemo running in with the dart and running away. You are unlikely to be able to survive at the turret, even with pots, because Zilean can run in, bomb you, and run away (instantly repeating it with whatever ability he has that does that, too). That will be say, 100-300 HP for each combo, most likely.

Then past level 6, even if you charged one of them or got a good gank (through all the Teemo mushrooms), Zilean may be able to save it with his ult. What do you do?

I think a burst AP could work against those two. Maybe someone like Xerath to counter Teemo's quick movement and Zilean bombs. Of course, depending on what's happening - you'd also have to coordinate ganks with your jungler

Boken

Banned
thestopsign said:
I'm mostly assuming that most top laners are going to be melee, and that's why Teemo counters them. If they put a switch and put someone like Malz top then I might have a problem. I'm 2-0 in Ranked with one game against a Cho and one against a Irelia, and I've beaten a Singed and Rumble top as well.
Be careful of renekton.

Ferrio

Banned
You know playing Dota 2 last night, I think I might find LoL's overall take on the genre better. Played Dota for years, and although it is more hardcore than LoL... heros compared to LoL's are really boring. Wouldn't be surprised if stay with LoL permanently.

dimb

If you can't last hit under the tower stay out of top lane. Dunno what else to tell you. 2v1 is easy if you just hole up, play safe, and do your best on last hitting. They're going to be gimped as hell later into the game in terms of gold, so as long as you don't feed you pretty much win. Zilean is good support but only mid. He doesn't work that well in a duo lane.

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
If you can't last hit under the tower stay out of top lane. Dunno what else to tell you. 2v1 is easy if you just hole up, play safe, and do your best on last hitting. They're going to be gimped as hell later into the game in terms of gold, so as long as you don't feed you pretty much win. Zilean is good support but only mid. He doesn't work that well in a duo lane.
How do you handle the situation I described with Teemo dive-blinding and Zilean dive-double-bombing you though? You would have to pick someone in advance with lots of healing, right?

Boken

Banned
If you're low enough that you can be freely dived, you should probably go heal.

A lot of people make the mistake of valuing early CS too much. CS becomes easier and more valuable as the game goes on (only because early cs leads to later cs). Theres no need to put yourself in danger in a 2v1, just play it safe and go back.

I offer no illusions though, 2v1 isn't easy, but it's doable. As long as you don't die and farm averagely, you're on par with them.

dimb

Blizzard said:
How do you handle the situation I described with Teemo dive-blinding and Zilean dive-double-bombing you though? You would have to pick someone in advance with lots of healing, right?
I just really don't understand the hypothetical danger here. There's not enough burst there to kill you, and you can punish dives so hard in the game right now that I really just don't see the issue. They can't dive or push hard early game, and by the time the mid game rolls around any top has enough sustain to easily hold the lane under their turret.

Who are you playing top where this is so hard? Shyvana or something?

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
I just really don't understand the hypothetical danger here. There's not enough burst there to kill you, and you can punish dives so hard in the game right now that I really just don't see the issue. They can't dive or push hard early game, and by the time the mid game rolls around any top has enough sustain to easily hold the lane under their turret.

Who are you playing top where this is so hard? Shyvana or something?
It was a Singed top. They weren't being dived so that Teemo and Zilean would take damage they couldn't heal off. The point is that Teemo can use a dart unless you are literally behind the tower, and Zilean can use the bombs even if you ARE behind the tower as long as minions are near. If you get hit with any of the above, you will take say 100-300 damage at level 3-6, right? You also typically have no way to counterattack since Zilean and Teemo have speedboosts plus mushroom bushes to slow. It is going to be very hard to heal off repeated 100-300 damage hits as far as I am aware, if you only have like 700-1000 HP early on. I guess you can try to get the jungler to hold the tower for you while you go heal (enough Teemo mushrooms should also prevent ganks). Singed used all 5 potions early on and was still low HP.

dimb

Singed has a really weak early game, and has to really insert himself into minion waves to pull some kills down, and he's not going to be able to punish anyone in a 2v1 lane because again, he has to put himself out there. That situation is just hard for him, and it's why I only pick Singed in very specific situations if I'm going to play him.

Blinding dart shouldn't be a huge deal to Singed at least, and the mushrooms (don't step on them) shouldn't be an issue. While Teemo is a good counter to Singed, I don't see the combo of Teemo/Zilean as a problem as much as I do the 2v1 nature of the lane and Singed. Something like a Galio/Teemo lane would murder him way worse. But yeah, this is why you play Draft, or just put someone else top and switch your lane comps up.

The best way to handle the situation if you are dead set on running that lane would just be to lead your poison trail on the enemy minion wave as much as possible as it comes in, because that's the only opportunity you're really going to get to do much damage. When the situation gets to the point where they're approaching your turret you are going to have to land some throws on them here and there.

Repgnar

The jungler should be able to punish them if they're that far pushed up. Singed with his slow and most junglers should be able to get a kill if they playing that far up even with Zil and Teemo's speed. If they keep playing that aggressive then the jungle should keep ganking top.

Blizzard

Banned
Dmorr07 said:
The jungler should be able to punish them if they're that far pushed up. Singed with his slow and most junglers should be able to get a kill if they playing that far up even with Zil and Teemo's speed. If they keep playing that aggressive then the jungle should keep ganking top.
I guess my issue was that with proper Teemo mushrooms you can't really get top, and I either wasn't there enough or was too bad to kill top early on. :( I might have also been trying to help middle lane since leblanc was feeding.

I'm trying to find good lane combinations and understand how to counter them. That one seemed to work well for them, and it seems like Caitlyn + (Taric, Alistar, Riven) works well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom