• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenga

Banned
What bugs me about the Graves nerfs is that they kinda should have gone with one over the other.

Mana? Fine, whatever.

But nerfing his range AND his Q (a second time)? That's just fucking painful. Oh well, at least Blizzard is happy and that angry dude with the kat avatar.

Blizzard

Banned
Jenga said:
What bugs me about the Graves nerfs is that they kinda should have gone with one over the other.

Mana? Fine, whatever.

But nerfing his range AND his Q (a second time)? That's just fucking painful. Oh well, at least Blizzard is happy and that angry dude with the kat avatar.
Huh? I thought I never complained about Graves much, most people didn't seem to be very good with her. In fact I thought I gave examples about bad Graves. He has cool voice lines though.

I'm confused, Priscilla's Blessing was dominion only. Does this mean it's removed completely?

Jenga

Banned
Blizzard said:
Huh? I thought I never complained about Graves much, most people didn't seem to be very good with her. In fact I thought I gave examples about bad Graves. He has cool voice lines though.

I'm confused, Priscilla's Blessing was dominion only. Does this mean it's removed completely?
I was referring to Cait skating by with just a 5 ms nerf

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Decided to come back by playing a ranked game. AFK Sion on my team who complains that he can't change the resolution or play at all. Sweeeeeeeeeet.

Blizzard

Banned
Jenga said:
I was referring to Cait skating by with just a 5 ms nerf
Brettison said:
I love the supposed Cat nerf and the MF buff. Neither of them seem like they fix anything. :|
Why do you hate Cait so much? She's pretty! :( You just need to properly use crowd control and ganks and whatnot. She's also pretty squishy.

Surge sounds quite powerful. Does anyone know what the cooldown on it is?

Jenga said:
well having her not lay traps on my ass from across the map is nice, she's still pretty viable

unlike graves
How do you know he isn't viable when you haven't tried him after the patch with the changed champions, masteries, abilities, and so forth?

And why are you still talking with punctuation in the middle but not at the end, and no capital latters? D:

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Blizzard said:
Why do you hate Cait so much? She's pretty! :( You just need to properly use crowd control and ganks and whatnot. Or whatnot. She's also pretty squishy.

Surge COULD be powerful but it's self cast along with being AP + Attack Speed. There aren't near as many characters that usually go for both.

Blizzard

Banned
Legato.Reborn- said:
HAHAHAHAHAH

OH WAIT HE'S SERIOUS

LET ME LAUGH HARDER

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Why don't you explain? I don't understand.

Also, the Orianna buff sounds decent to me. Could she be useful again? The Malphite buffs also sound quite nice, and should make jungling with him even more feasible.

Vanillalite

Okay I'm confused about Surge because as someone else pointed out in the original Inside Design it states...

Surge is a brand new summoner spell that will imbue your champion with a powerful aura, boosting the combat effectiveness of both you and your allies. This new spell will fill the same niche that Rally was intended to occupy without suffering from all the adverse caveats that come with being linked to a stationary object.

Doesn't that imply it's an aura?

Jenga

Banned
Blizzard said:
Why do you hate Cait so much? She's pretty! :( You just need to properly use crowd control and ganks and whatnot. She's also pretty squishy.

How do you know he isn't viable when you haven't tried him after the patch with the changed champions, masteries, abilities, and so forth?

And why are you still talking with punctuation in the middle but not at the end, and no capital latters? D:
525 range vs 650 range

he's done

he gets counter-picked by one of the most popular ad carry bots in the game

I guess I'll play him if the enemy team picks up uh

ezreal maybe?

dimb

525 is just too short I think. I dunno, maybe he'll still be alright, but I never thought his range was the issue.

Both my games tonight were a bust of people AFKing out. Complaining about mice going out and things like that. Really sucks to have your ELO go down when your teammates don't even show up to the game.

Had the worst Singed top too. I would go up top to gank and he would just do nothing in the fight and we would lose 2v1. Dumbest thing I ever saw in my life.

Neki

Warmog's Armor and Priscilla's Blessing are no longer purchasable in the Dominion game mode
No one has mentioned this yet? no more back capping shit with stupid Rammus/Shaco/Eve/Janna now either, yay.

goodbye tanky dps, hello irelia!

Flash

Cooldown increased to 265 seconds from 255 seconds
Range reduced to 400 from 450

this is not the flash nerf I was hoping for :(

Command: Attack cast range increased to 825 from 800

does this mean I can play Orianna again?

Boken

Banned
Ultimoo said:
No one has mentioned this yet? no more back capping shit with stupid Rammus/Shaco/Eve/Janna now either, yay.

Boken said:
Back capping makes Dominion no fun.
LOOK AT ME NEKI.

Maybe I'll play dominion now.

Surge looks strong, IDK about you guys.

Blizzard

Banned
Ultimoo said:

does this mean I can play Orianna again?
I already mentioned both Priscilla's Blessing (removed from the game completely?) and Orianna (viable?). I dunno how it will work out. And I still think surge may depend on how long its cooldown is. It seems like a super backdoor tool.

Just lost 5 games straight in Dominion. Rammus with Priscilla's Blessing is GG. I HATE Dominion so much right now!! Grouped with noobs who go off alone and don't defend. I seen more Shaco than Akali. My Annie gets owned. /sigh

Boken

Banned
Ultimoo said:
Boken said:
Boken said:
Back capping makes Dominion no fun.

am I allowed to play orianna in ranked now boken!
On Live, Q's actual range is approximately 550. I think they accidentally set her Q as her auto attack range. That's why she's so bad right now.

Fizz is... bulky melee caster?? High mobility mage bruiser?? He has two blinks.

edit: those rogue quote tags break everything

Neki

Boken said:
Ultimoo said:
Boken said:
On Live, Q's actual range is approximately 550. I think they accidentally set her Q as her auto attack range. That's why she's so bad right now.

edit: those rogue quote tags break everything

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1435910&page=10
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1435910&page=11

according to one of the designers + phreak, it's working fine.

Blizzard

Banned
Boken said:
I just watched the video and he looks awesome. I wish Riven's dash went through river walls or was slightly longer to go through bushes though. Does even the non-hop dash go through geometry? I didn't catch if that was possible from the video.

I also am amused that they say this build/rune setup will let you dominate pretty much any lane. If they really intend it to work that way...

bjaelke

Blizzard said:
Does even the non-hop dash go through geometry? I didn't catch if that was possible from the video.
People were complaining on the forums that either that ability or Graves' dash did not allow any wall "jumping" while the other did. I think it was Graves' dash that could pass through smaller walls.

Blizzard

Banned
bjaelke said:
People were complaining on the forums that either that ability or Graves' dash did not allow any wall "jumping" while the other did. I think it was Graves' dash that could pass through smaller walls.
I am pretty sure Graves can. Caitlyn, Tryndamere, Gragas, and probably others I forgot can. Riven cannot. But what I meant was, can Fizz go through walls with both of his dash/hops? Or only the hop? I wasn't sure.

Flare

Blizzard said:
I am pretty sure Graves can. Caitlyn, Tryndamere, Gragas, and probably others I forgot can. Riven cannot. But what I meant was, can Fizz go through walls with both of his dash/hops? Or only the hop? I wasn't sure.

Think it's both, the first hop will drop him back down and slow the enemy it hits. I think, not entirely sure.

bjaelke

Ah. The range suggest that he'll be able to go through a lot of the obstacles on the map. The question is if you can target friendly units/wards. He needs to target something along his path in order to use Urchin Strike.

Boken

Banned
Blizzard said:
The first thing ill do is test if his Q can go through terrain once the patch hits.
his E should be able to if the jump has enough range (it seemed a little small, so maybe only small walls)

Blizzard

Banned
Boken said:
The first thing ill do is test if his Q can go through terrain once the patch hits.
his E should be able to if the jump has enough range (it seemed a little small, so maybe only small walls)
I am almost certain the E hop goes through geometry, at least walls the size Caitlyn can jump. I think he used it in the river to get over the wall away from Galio.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Sona

Aria of Perseverance
Mana cost adjusted to 60/65/70/75/80 from 65 at all ranks
Passive aura reduced to 7/9/11/13/15 armor and magic resist from 8/11/14/17/20

Since Sona defense aura double on the target it healed, this is a double nerfed. From 40 def and Resist at level 5 to only 30 def and resist -.-.

-----------

On the other hand Tyrn player will wish they can use 2 cleanses.

Boken

Banned
Depends how low his mana costs are.

If he can E+W behind a champion then Q through them to get out of range, he might have potent enough harass to beat melee champions up top.

Otherwise, if theres enough range on E to punish a poke spell from his opponent in mid then he'd be ok there too.

But yeah, I'm not expecting a stellar lane from a melee sustained caster (unless he has rumble levels of damage - even then, rumble dont need no mana).

dimb

Boken said:
Depends how low his mana costs are.

If he can E+W behind a champion then Q through them to get out of range, he might have potent enough harass to beat melee champions up top.

Otherwise, if theres enough range on E to punish a poke spell from his opponent in mid then he'd be ok there too.

But yeah, I'm not expecting a stellar lane from a melee sustained caster (unless he has rumble levels of damage - even then, rumble dont need no mana).
Rumble also gets good AOE damage on his Q for farming minions.

Ferga

Well my lol has been updating for the past hour

don't think this will be another 2 hour update like last time
can't ask too much since they are implementing alot of changes

Boken

Banned
shintoki said:
I did mention it a bit back. Why would any Tyrand not run cleanse? Even over flash.
Ghost/Cleanse all day baby. With Cleanse, Trynd is like olaf/irelia but does more damage!!

Oh god the patch is up, there are so many changes im scared guys. hold me somebody.

dimb

It seems more sensible to invest everything into one tree now. Or at least it seems that way while I'm trying to redo all my mastery pages.

Vanillalite

Dance In My Blood said:
It seems more sensible to invest everything into one tree now. Or at least it seems that way while I'm trying to redo all my mastery pages.

It appeared that way to me as well, but that was just doing a quick look a the trees on the website. I'll funk with that stuff later after I get home.

I must say I LOVE grouping a lot of the summoner spells into one talent in each tree.

EDIT: Supposedly Surge will let you solo blue without a leash at the start of a match now if you also bring smite of course.

red13th

They buff Orianna's range (wtf), rape Grave's range, nerf Kog's... and keep Caitlyn's range the same.
Riot wtf are you doing. I know she's a crowd favourite like Irelia so she gets added layers of protection but, I mean, REALLY?

I bet Orianna's range was only buffed because she's a Xypherous design.

Boken

Banned
Orianna's range was overnerfed (550 range on a skill shot, ha). They should've just set it back to the range it should've been (800).

Honestly, if you think 550 range on a skill shot is ok, then you just seem really biased.

But I don't know why youre so salty.

Dooraven

They're not going to nerf Cait's range anytime soon, why would people pick her then?

I dunno if the range increase was necessary for Orianna, I think its a good move, but the mana regen was definitley needed,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom