• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Even if you needed another offensive spell to clear the jungle you could probably clear faster and have more utility with Ignite. You just can't use two summoners just to clear the jungle. It isn't viable. I'm going to keep laughing at anyone who takes Surge to jungle. They would probably clear faster with Ignite even if they did want to be useless and not take a movement based summoner.
Blizzard said:
I just figured master yi might heal between jungle camps in some situations. I never play him seriously so I am mostly ignorant there.
His heal is very slow, and doesn't really yield very positive results unless you've leveled it up a lot or are going AP heavy. Its biggest use is actually its damage mitigation. When it looks like you're going to die, or you want to block incoming damage you use his W for the super armor and magic resist buff more than the heal. It's a survival tool before being a sustain tool (unless you're AP laning).

If you're jungling in Yi it's actually pretty common to not level the ability at all until you have to late in the game.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Blizzard said:
I just figured master yi might heal between jungle camps in some situations. I never play him seriously so I am mostly ignorant there.

My point was that I thought some champions should not really be jungling and/or they have a hard time doing so. This was just to counter one specific thing you said: "Who has to take Surge to clear the jungle? I laughed." My point is that some champions may have a hard time clearing the jungle, or a hard time jungling, or shouldn't be in the jungle at all. Those would be champions who might "have to take Surge" to clear it, even if they clearly shouldn't if they're a terrible jungler champion.

Exactly. It's not that it's wise or viable, but just rather that surge basically makes 90% of characters able to do a jungle clear. Just that it's possible now. Not that you should do it. :p

How the F are you going to clear faster with ignite though? That makes no earthly sense what so ever.

AcridMeat

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
Not at all. Probably not a champion I would buy, but if I have fun with him during free week there's always a chance. I was just posting the impression I get based on what I've seen of him in games.

Whoa, let's not go comparing Fizz in general based on my games. I just like poking guys and then jumping around and throwing shark food.

Fizz does exactly those things!

dimb

AcridMeat said:
Whoa, let's not go comparing Fizz in general based on my games. I just like poking guys and then jumping around and throwing shark food.

Fizz does exactly those things!
It's painful, but sometimes I play without you.

Also, it's not too uncommon for the enemy team to have Fizz right now.

Just been losing like crazy anymore. Really getting fed up with the amount of shit luck I've been getting with my teammates. Can't wait till my friend gets his computer tomorrow.

dimb

SafeinSound said:
Just been losing like crazy anymore. Really getting fed up with the amount of shit luck I've been getting with my teammates. Can't wait till my friend gets his computer tomorrow.
It's a lot more fun to lose with people you know.

bjaelke

Ferrio said:
Wow kinda sad I haven't found one person I've felt needs a pardon... that's kinda depressing.
I almost found one the other day. Then I noticed that he had been reported in 6 different games...

Ferrio

Banned
Okay found one person I pardoned. He was borderline, so I had a doubt so let him off the hook. Only 3 games reported, he didn't say much so I couldn't judge what was really going on. Most of the times it's pretty clearcut with these cases, though sometimes I have to find out who instigated the name calling first.

Dance In My Blood said:

It is, actually, cause at least I don't get upset at them. We can at least laugh about it. When I play and lose with people I don't know on consistent basis, I start getting upset.

Ferrio

Banned
SafeinSound said:
It is, actually, cause at least I don't get upset at them. We can at least laugh about it. When I play and lose with people I don't know on consistent basis, I start getting upset.

Ya...about gaf games and that...

KJTB

I hate to say it... but I think Wukong might be a little on the OP side. With a 9/21/0 build and building defensive items I still do good damage and I'm ridiculously tanky in team fights. I just carried a 4 vs 5 game to victory lol. Wouldn't be surprised to see a little nerf coming his way

Dipindots said:
I hate to say it... but I think Wukong might be a little on the OP side. With a 9/21/0 build and building defensive items I still do good damage and I'm ridiculously tanky in team fights. I just carried a 4 vs 5 game to victory lol. Wouldn't be surprised to see a little nerf coming his way

When I heard they were "bring him more in line with other fighters" I figured they'd forget how much kiting he can do.

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
Ferrio said:
Ya...about gaf games and that...
Yep. So much anger and despair, I hate you all. :(

Also I want to try Wukong again. And if Lux has been free in the past 3 months or so, I must have not been paying attention that week.

KJTB

Blizzard said:
Also I want to try Wukong again.

Do it, you won't regret it. Stop juking people is one of the most satisfying things EVER :D Take top solo, build wriggles/mercs/ defensively according to the enemy team or rush a trinity force -->defensive items and you'll be a beast. I've tried a 21/9/0 build but definitely prefer a tankier 9/21/0 build. It's kind of a joke how tanky you are in team fights considering the damage/utility you bring.

Vanillalite

shintoki said:
Good news everybody, they raised the rune page cap to 20

In other news, its still 6300 per!

I get they need to make their cash somewhere so I can't complain tooooo much. Still 6300 per especially if you want a different page per champ or something is a frack ton of ip.

Inskipp

I wouldn't even know what to do with 20 pages.

I could certainly use another page for my energy casters though. (I have the runes but all 10 of my pages are reserved)

So glad Mao is free this week. He is so much fun to play. I hope he goes on sale soon. I'm experimenting with 0/21/9 and 0/9/21. I can't tell which one I like better. Depends on the team comp but I really can't go wrong with either.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
legendary-skin_thumb.jpg

Oh man new champion teaser, I have no idea who this is, or what this is....

One thing I know.... IT IS NOT FREAKING NINE TAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Achtius

GafvsGaf_2nd.png

Gaf game.

I keep dying of bad position; Rammus keep ganking me, but one of them usually end up dead too.

Vayne did a better job zoning teemo out than i did. So I am useless except for the fact they target me all day every day.

Fun game tho.

We banned sona (cuz of kiunch), fizz, jax , and someone else.
they ban lee sin, and others.

AEGISX

Banned
tryndamere is such a beast. I win almost every game, especially now cleanse is buffed. in a teamfight my job is go right inside their team first, and obsorb all their ultmates and summoner spells. by the time I die or I fall dangerously low, they already blown their good stuff on one champ, plus the damage i dealt to them, most of them are already half dead, now my team can just use our ultimates and summoner's on them. instant win.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Achtius said:
GafvsGaf_2nd.png

Gaf game.

I keep dying of bad position; Rammus keep ganking me, but one of them usually end up dead too.

Vayne did a better job zoning teemo out than i did. So I am useless except for the fact they target me all day every day.

Fun game tho.

We banned sona (cuz of kiunch), fizz, jax , and someone else.
they ban lee sin, and others.

Here is LoLreplay of the game, don't even look at top lane, it just farm 24/7 till like 30 min mark

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VFOX2TGZ

You need LoLreplay to play it, its 6mb, the file will display as error, but still run. Blame the buggy app.

Flare

Hey, those were unbalanced teams =(

Also it seems gaf is slowly starting to not mind losing to gaf. Which is good, keep it up guys.
I can't actually gauge just how much a person is raging
Jazzy Network said:
I think my highlight of the day was when Achtius spoke on Mumble.
This is mind blowing.

Vanillalite

Had a bad start turned good game tonight. One of our 5 got what I called "comcasted" as soon as we loaded in. He got dc'd from LoL and Vent. We ended up winning 4 on 5 after we stormed there base at the beginning of late game via bottom lane taking out their inhibitor + both towers around the nexus.

Plus I got a couple of really satisfying Master Yi kills in late game. So much so that the other team was like WTF how did Yi triple kill us by our tower. Oh yeah!

Blizzard

Banned
AcridMeat said:
Is Achtius talking a rare thing? I swear the first time I played with gaf Achtius was on mumble with us (Kiunch and someone else).
Achtius being on Mumble is not rare, but he never ever says anything.

solblade00 said:
Hey, those were unbalanced teams =(

Also it seems gaf is slowly starting to not mind losing to gaf. Which is good, keep it up guys.
I can't actually gauge just how much a person is raging

This is mind blowing.
I don't know people either, but one thing to watch out for is when southerndragon or kiunch stop talking and/or start playing more aggressively (and dying). I call it "the silent rage". :p

Then post-game is where everyone can really tear into each other / temporarily defriend one another / quit the game permanently and then rejoin the chat channel / etc.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Blizzard said:
Achtius being on Mumble is not rare, but he never ever says anything.

Yes I often beg him to sing or talk, but he always refuse, in chat.

Blizzard said:
I don't know people either, but one thing to watch out for is when southerndragon or kiunch stop talking and/or start playing more aggressively (and dying). I call it "the silent rage". :p

Then post-game is where everyone can really tear into each other / temporarily defriend one another / quit the game permanently and then rejoin the chat channel / etc.

It's not rage, its tears... I can't press the talk button cause I need one hand to grab tissues.

ElectraStar

AcridMeat said:
Is Achtius talking a rare thing? I swear the first time I played with gaf Achtius was on mumble with us (Kiunch and someone else).
I've played I don't know how many games with him, and he's only spoken twice. He just listens to us like a creep, but that allows us to make fun of his constant KSing :D

So I haven't played in a while (I uninstalled the game due to school shenanigans), but I've been keeping up with news and such. FIzz looks hella fun. What's the verdict?

Also, the legendary Vlad, if it really is that blood lord one, is kinda disappointing =/
Unless they buff him some.

Blizzard

Banned
ElectraStar said:
I've played I don't know how many games with him, and he's only spoken twice. He just listens to us like a creep, but that allows us to make fun of his constant KSing :D

So I haven't played in a while (I uninstalled the game due to school shenanigans), but I've been keeping up with news and such. FIzz looks hella fun. What's the verdict?

Also, the legendary Vlad, if it really is that blood lord one, is kinda disappointing =/
Aww, come back to us some day. =(

I like Fizz, and he's the first champion I've ever bought right after release. I'm still playing endless bot games in the brief time period between work and sleep in an attempt to figure out what to build on him. I feel he really needs either lifesteal or spellvamp though, since otherwise once he takes damage it feels like it never heals back off (which means I'm always carrying potions up through level 10-12).

bjaelke

Finally some tournament games this weekend. MLG and IEM Qualifiers.
ElectraStar said:
He'll get buffed, but Riot didn't want to give the impression that he'd become OP. Could be a +5 movespeed boost (opposite of Caitlyn's nerf).

ElectraStar

PS: Amethyst Ashe, however? She looks like Soul Calibur Ivy with a little more clothes (hubba hubba). Awesome detailing on the skin. Finally!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom