• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
ElectraStar said:
Also, the legendary Vlad, if it really is that blood lord one, is kinda disappointing =/
Unless they buff him some.
Vlad gets some free scaling from the new masteries (+5% AP and 108 more HP!). Thats a buff!

Ferga

bjaelke said:
Finally some tournament games this weekend. MLG and IEM Qualifiers.

He'll get buffed, but Riot didn't want to give the impression that he'd become OP. Could be a +5 movespeed boost (opposite of Caitlyn's nerf).

+25% move speed in sanguine pool!

Potential new Riven skin?

Ma7bU.jpg

It reminds me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

vesp

Kod1ak said:
I love Fizz so much. He's so perfect and awesome.
Yea, hes super fun and probably a bit too strong. I have an 83% win rate with him now when I was on like a 10 game losing streak.

ElectraStar

Unrelated, but I've been doing a lot of infographic design this semester at school, so the last thing I wanna see on LoL's website right now is THIS!
I must admit, though, it's nicely done.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Alright LoL GAF I need a good choice of an AP character to play. With my current crew I play with depending upon who we all chose to play this is the one area I really don't have anyone I regularly consider my go to. I mean I sometimes play Soraka as AP, but I want someone who's a non support.

What suggestions do you guys have? The 3 main APs my friends play are one plays Xerath one plays Veigar and they both use Annie sometimes. So I'd like my pick to be something other than those 3 characters.

Suggestions for who to play post patch?

Dooraven

Brettison said:
Alright LoL GAF I need a good choice of an AP character to play. With my current crew I play with depending upon who we all chose to play this is the one area I really don't have anyone I regularly consider my go to. I mean I sometimes play Soraka as AP, but I want someone who's a non support.

What suggestions do you guys have? The 3 main APs my friends play are one plays Xerath one plays Veigar and they both use Annie sometimes. So I'd like my pick to be something other than those 3 characters.

Brand/Anivia/Cass

Anivia and Cass take a bit of time learning and mastering, but they'super awesome AP carries.

Oh gragas is fun too.

ElectraStar

Achtius said:
but it benefit vlad more cuz of his passive.

also, come back!
I guess those come in handy early game, but they've tweaked him into oblivion. I'm the only Vlad player I know; not many people play him. I don't really need the buffs to kick some ass with Vladipoo, but the fact that nobody plays him means something, no?

And I'll come back soon :D

kazinova

Brettison said:

Anivia, son, DO IT, best AP character in the game. (I know, I know...it's Karma)

Wrekt

Brettison said:
Malzahar is my favorite AP caster. He can 1v1 pretty much anybody in the game and he can push lanes from across the map with his rolling DoT. He holds his own in mid against pretty much anybody and makes a terrific 1v2 champ at top if your opponents aren't running a jungler.

Blizzard

Banned
vesp said:
Yea, hes super fun and probably a bit too strong. I have an 83% win rate with him now when I was on like a 10 game losing streak.
Are you carrying your team each game, or are you getting good teams too? Also, what build do you recommend? *edit* And what mastery combination?

ALSO EVERYONE I NEED HELP WITH SOMEONE:

Last night in a bot game, someone did some voice line by the nexus as it exploded. I can't remember who else was in the game. :( Maybe skarner, brand, me (Fizz), and two other people I don't remember.

The line was some kind of long one in a gentlemanly accent that was like "Professor! I have *something something something*". Maybe I misheard it but I really thought it said professor. Does anyone know of any joke lines like that, and who says it if so?

ElectraStar

Achtius said:
Check this out. legendary vlad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DWn_Jco5L0g#!
Yeah I saw it last night. It's so lame... The animations aren't that different, and it's not a very creative skin for a legendary (especially compared to the Fiddles one that just came out)!

The skin screams "I take this game too seriously".

Blizzard

Banned
I just tried fizz in my first PVP game, got second most kills but fed a lot and went 5/5/7. He's definitely underpowered since I died and lost a game. :(

AcridMeat

Banned
I played a bot game with Blizzard and then a Dominion game just so I can remember what winning feels like. :(

cAqCo.jpg

Oh and Blizzard, I tried a different build with Fizz that seemed to work alright. Getting health regen + pot first and then getting boots + philosopher's stone or catalyst. Wriggles may be a good option there if they're AD but I haven't used it on him yet.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm getting destroyed with fizz my second game, 2/4/1. Versus alitar and sion, he seems really weak. Versus caitlyn and cass, he seems really weak.

How do you use him to be overpowered against super tanky people, super CC people, or super ranged people? :( He clearly needs a buff until I win a game! Our team has 5 kills and theirs has 17.

I also seem to be the lowest level almost every game, even when I had second most kills.

AcridMeat

Banned
Blizzard said:
I'm getting destroyed with fizz my second game, 2/4/1. Versus alitar and sion, he seems really weak. Versus caitlyn and cass, he seems really weak.

How do you use him to be overpowered against super tanky people, super CC people, or super ranged people? :( He clearly needs a buff until I win a game! Our team has 5 kills and theirs has 17.

I also seem to be the lowest level almost every game, even when I had second most kills.

Try jungling with him. I want to try it, but I don't have the IP for the runes. His skills seem great for jungling.

Blizzard

Banned
AcridMeat said:
Try jungling with him. I want to try it, but I don't have the IP for the runes. His skills seem great for jungling.
I did in bot games, worked out terribly since he didn't have lifesteal or heal. I might have described my experiments a little bit ago in the thread, but I forget how much detail I put into it. Killing minions seems really hard with him.

AcridMeat

Banned
His mana costs aren't bad and I max W first. His on hit damage helps greatly in getting last hits on minions. Did you get a Wriggle's when jungling with him?

Blizzard

Banned
AcridMeat said:
His mana costs aren't bad and I max W first. His on hit damage helps greatly in getting last hits on minions. Did you get a Wriggle's when jungling with him?
Yeah, I think I tried wriggles. His mana costs are huuuuge on the E, more than some champions ults. His ult is 150 also.

Also, we're currently getting destroyed by Sivir. For one of the worst in the game, she sure seems ultrapowerful. She bought 4-5 doran's.

Blizzard

Banned
Rayven said:
? LoL stability is better than ever.

Bugs are one thing, but the service has been solid for months now and patches are down to one hour.
The service may be, but people getting disconnected or lagging a lot seems to still happen from time to time.

I thought it was only a month ago that people were quite often getting the lobby bug where you'd make a premade team and one person would get dropped out by themselves, and replaced by a random person. It seems to be gone now though.

AcridMeat

Banned
Blizzard said:
Yeah, I think I tried wriggles. His mana costs are huuuuge on the E, more than some champions ults. His ult is 150 also.

Also, we're currently getting destroyed by Sivir. For one of the worst in the game, she sure seems ultrapowerful. She bought 4-5 doran's.

What's the mastery tree for junglers? I was under the impression they had some utility in which case you're getting the benefits of the mana. I don't use E that often on minions*, just if I'm close to full already and know I won't get attacked anytime soon. I've never really found myself hurting for mana with him.

*in laning phase.

JesseZao

Blizzard said:
The service may be, but people getting disconnected or lagging a lot seems to still happen from time to time.

I thought it was only a month ago that people were quite often getting the lobby bug where you'd make a premade team and one person would get dropped out by themselves, and replaced by a random person. It seems to be gone now though.

Yeah, I'm referring to the lag in game and the drops. Been having a lot of games where your champion is just frozen and you can't move them or use spells for a few seconds at a time. I got an IP boost from Riot because they decided it was particularly bad one day.

Boken

Banned
Stability is misleading then. Connection issues perhaps. I did have some random lag last week, but it's all gone now.

Being in Australia, the 1 hour patches are great. Patches always cut into game time for us. : (
The minimal server downtime (patching, random maint, random issues) has been good too.

The peak load increased by 260% from 0.5 mill to 1.3 mill. Quite impressive.

Personally, I hope LoL goes further and further, to compete against and surpass DotA2. I have a DotA heritage too, but some people just act so annoyingly elitist about it these days.

Also @Blizzard. Don't waste E on minions unless you have a lot of mana to spare (or will go back soon). Just max W and alternate between hitting each minion so the DoT can do maximum damage.

Blizzard

Banned
Boken said:
Stability is misleading then. Connection issues perhaps. I did have some random lag last week, but it's all gone now.

Being in Australia, the 1 hour patches are great. Patches always cut into game time for us. : (
The minimal server downtime (patching, random maint, random issues) has been good too.

The peak load increased by 260% from 0.5 mill to 1.3 mill. Quite impressive.

Personally, I hope LoL goes further and further, to compete against and surpass DotA2. I have a DotA heritage too, but some people just act so annoyingly elitist about it these days.

Also @Blizzard. Don't waste E on minions unless you have a lot of mana to spare (or will go back soon). Just max W and alternate between hitting each minion so the DoT can do maximum damage.
Right, I always max W first, then Q, and rarely use E on minions unless it's later game when it does damage anyway.

Also, just went 8/2/6 finally with Fizz...bam, 3 simultaneous disconnects on my team, game over. My luck is amazing.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Bigger as of late seems to be that chat goes down all the time at night, and they are always putting up that message saying they are fixing it.

vesp

Blizzard said:
Are you carrying your team each game, or are you getting good teams too? Also, what build do you recommend? *edit* And what mastery combination?

ALSO EVERYONE I NEED HELP WITH SOMEONE:

Last night in a bot game, someone did some voice line by the nexus as it exploded. I can't remember who else was in the game. :( Maybe skarner, brand, me (Fizz), and two other people I don't remember.

The line was some kind of long one in a gentlemanly accent that was like "Professor! I have *something something something*". Maybe I misheard it but I really thought it said professor. Does anyone know of any joke lines like that, and who says it if so?

Been starting with boots and 3 pots. Go back for Sheen. Deathcap next. Defense item next if this are hairy, finishing lichebane if not. Rylais if game goes on forever. I think I might try working in a WOTA as I do think some spellsteal would help a lot, but I'm not sure I want to hold up the deathcap.

As far as playstyle, I just play him like an even more annoying jax. Trident, Jump on them, Hop Back. Over and Over. When I think I can get a kill, I ult, ignite, trident, jump, jump.

Blizzard

Banned
vesp said:
Been starting with boots and 3 pots. Go back for Sheen. Deathcap next. Defense item next if this are hairy, finishing lichebane if not. Rylais if game goes on forever. I think I might try working in a WOTA as I do think some spellsteal would help a lot, but I'm not sure I want to hold up the deathcap.

As far as playstyle, I just play him like an even more annoying jax. Trident, Jump on them, Hop Back. Over and Over. When I think I can get a kill, I ult, ignite, trident, jump, jump.
That's almost exactly what I've been doing to start, boots and sheen starting. Using jump a lot will burn mana though. I know you can do the WQ + E to escape harass, but that's like 200 mana.

*edit* After losing 4/5 games, I try my 6th! It's an Eve! Not only that, she's afk from the START OF THE GAME! Never shows up. Awesome.

I might be about to spend my first bit of money on this game, not sure for what, but I feel like it's time. (By the time I completed this post I bought the rune page bundle).

Don't pick Fizz any more in Ranked. He's hard countered by Pantheon. He literally can't do shit against a Panth. I saw it in two games in a row. One on my team, one on the other, both times teams got facerolled with Fizz.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Played like a billion games last night and won all of them. Except for the one that I played with Blizzard. Sorry buddy.

Last game of the night was masterful trolling. Needed more auras though.
jRF4i.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom