• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenga

Banned
Volibar is the Riot employee that first came up with the idea on the forums. It has been an ongoing "joke" for the past month or so.

Man, I love this new multi-quote system.
so why not just call him volibar

at least it doesn't sound like a pokemon ripoff

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Fucking loathe that Singed toss. Having 3 of us gang up on him and melt him later would prove to be very therapeutic.
Except for when he dodged my abilities and got away. Singed is really disruptive to Xerath when you're just trying to poke at people from super far away.

bjaelke

Renekton is sooooo strong with a full rune AD page. I was in top lane with Tryndamere against Caitlyn and Cho'gath. Two dashes, a slow and a stun shut down Caitlyn pretty fast. Now I just need to figure out a better end game build.
I had almost 0 MS because their Lux was trolling with an AD build

Swig_

Any Tristana players here? Do you all try and play her as AD/Crit or has anyone tried an AP build on her?

I play AP Tris occasionally in Dominion for laughs. If I remember right, the W and Ult do crazy damage once you get some AP. If you get a kill with it, W's cooldown resets, so if you hit a fight at the right time you just hop around killing people. It's like Super Mario with a Blaster Gun.

It's fun, but if you don't kill something, you're screwed because you do no damage otherwise.

I wouldn't ever recommend it as a serious build.. although I haven't played her since her changes/buffs, so I'm not sure if it is different now.

bjaelke

El9Fg.jpg

Speaking of AP Tristana.

Blizzard

Banned
Here, I will invent Volibear's abilities.

Passive: INTIMIDATE, enemies that see volibear have their attack lowered by one stage.

Q is HEADBUTT, has a chance of stunning the target for 0.75 seconds.
W is DEFENSE CURL, increases armor by 40 for 10 seconds.
E is FURY SWIPES, does 2-5 times attack damage to target based on health left
R is HYPER BEAM, Volibear lowers its steely eyeballs and delivers a withering beam of destructive energy.

2th

Banned
OMG i dont check pvp.net for a day and there is actually an announcement about armored bears. I thought you guys were just joking about it in this thread. all i can say is OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

FOR THE GLORY OF THE ARMORED BEARS!

Achtius

Here, I will invent Volibear's abilities.

Passive: INTIMIDATE, enemies that see volibear have their attack lowered by one stage.

Q is HEADBUTT, has a chance of stunning the target for 0.75 seconds.
W is DEFENSE CURL, increases armor by 40 for 10 seconds.
E is FURY SWIPES, does 2-5 times attack damage to target based on health left
R is HYPER BEAM, Volibear lowers its steely eyeballs and delivers a withering beam of destructive energy.

Isn't it suppose to be electric type? I mean it's called: Volibear, the Thunder’s Roar

Q: Thunder Fang (Chance to Stun target)
W: Iron Defense (Increase Defense)
E: Wild Charge(Gap Closer)
R: Zap Cannon (Similar to Lux's Ult but shorter range and chance to stun, p.s. i know it's supposed to be single target in pokemon =/ )

Blizzard

Banned
Isn't it suppose to be electric type? I mean it's called: Volibear, the Thunder’s Roar

Give it Thunder Fang please
Thunder Fang is a good idea, my bad.

wait so does this mean

irelia is gonna be nerfed?

HALLEJUAHAHA
I'm looking forward to patch notes so I can see how long it's been since Fizz came out, and whether he gets nerfed right as the next champion appears. Did Graves take two new champions to get nerfed?

AP Tristana can be effective, but she's really, really hard to play. You have to time it so that your jump kills someone so that the cooldown refreshes. If you don't, you've just put yourself in the middle of a bad situation.

That said, I'd go for a hybrid build, so that you can still Q your way to victory.

Blizzard

Banned
I would volunteer since I'm the pro-est gaf person around, clearly. However, I probably can't be available at a consistent time every day, and I don't like the stress and rage and lost friends that will result. ;( We should make a chillax-ranked team as well as the GafPro team.

Flare

I think we're all interested in doing team ranked. However, the more important decision is, what are the team names going to be...

I figure what Achtius is saying is probably the best way to do it. Split it up into different mentalities rather than skill levels. If you want to take it seriously we can make a team for that, and maybe a few for people who want to just have fun and do ranked shit together.

I can be a team captain (but I nominate Legato haha), if you guys want me. I'd probably take it pretty seriously.

Blizzard

Banned
I figure what Achtius is saying is probably the best way to do it. Split it up into different mentalities rather than skill levels. If you want to take it seriously we can make a team for that, and maybe a few for people who want to just have fun and do ranked shit together.

I can be a team captain (but I nominate Legato haha), if you guys want me. I'd probably take it pretty seriously.
I am not Achtius, even though we are both incredibly handsome.

I promise to behave.

I can't believe what this game has done to me. :( I was nice at some point!
And I used to not be a whiny asshole. I seriously feel bad when I feel like I'm actually losing e-friends because of it.

Achtius

@ Blizzard: <3 (I was like.. I never said something like that!)

But atm, I am the proud owner of NEOGAF (GAF) and naGAF (naGAF).

I can transfer ownership of GAF to whoever is serious in making a team, and we can use naGAF for fun.

north america GAF (naGAF) is best GAF btw.

y2dvd

Got paired with a scrubby Vayne one game who had no dmg items whatsoever and couldn't handle bot with support so he comes mid without saying a word and trades spots. He continues to die a few times, farms for no dmg, farms when we are all pushing or in a team fight near by, and pretty much loses us the game.

After that game, I made the biggest mistake of queuing up right away. This caused me to pair up with the same player. He demands mid with Cait, saying if he doesn't get it he will troll hard. I told him life trolled him hard already. Easy 2nd lost in a row lol. At least this time he got some dmg items. Too bad he was never around for team fights.

Lesson of the day: Never insta-queue right after playing with a horrible teammate.

Achtius

Got paired with a scrubby Vayne one game who had no dmg items whatsoever and couldn't handle bot with support so he comes mid without saying a word and trades spots. He continues to die a few times, farms for no dmg, farms when we are all pushing or in a team fight near by, and pretty much loses us the game.

After that game, I made the biggest mistake of queuing up right away. This caused me to pair up with the same player. He demands mid with Cait, saying if he doesn't get it he will troll hard. I told him life trolled him hard already. Easy 2nd lost in a row lol. At least this time he got some dmg items. Too bad he was never around for team fights.

Lesson of the day: Never insta-queue right after playing with a horrible teammate.

you should of totally dodge.

LCGeek

formerly sane

I'm with the guy above dodge. I have this happen a lot whether I win or lose so let this be a reminder never go right back in to the queue if you wish to avoid shitty teammates. Vayne is ownage if you good with her if not it's about one of the worst character to fail with seeing as she has one of the lowest hp pools in the game. Odd considering her kit isn't what it use to be and has no real killing power mid to late game without certain items.

At least you admitted to the problem now you can move on and hopefully avoid garbage riven or shaco types.

so I super casually played this game earlier this year (around marchish) and picked up the collector's pack but haven't played much since then. Where should I go for general character builds, strategies, and whatnot? The thing that has consistently kept me from getting into this or any other MOBA game has been the item builds...the item shop is just far too intimidating for me...that and the fact that being new means I'll end up feeding the other team, and thus dragging the entire team down.

tips? tricks? some wiki site I should dig into?

Achtius

so I super casually played this game earlier this year (around marchish) and picked up the collector's pack but haven't played much since then. Where should I go for general character builds, strategies, and whatnot? The thing that has consistently kept me from getting into this or any other MOBA game has been the item builds...the item shop is just far too intimidating for me...that and the fact that being new means I'll end up feeding the other team, and thus dragging the entire team down.

http://www.mobafire.com/

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Youtube Channels + Mobafire for me....

Beware though that a lot of the current info out there is based pre big patch from last week. So while the info is still decent. They won't have the updated mastery trees, and some character strats have changed.

Blizzard

Banned
I still feel like jungling with warwick is a little weirder now, possibly even slower which doesn't even make sense. And it feels like the blue buff wears off even faster than it used to, even with the utility mastery to extend it. It may all be imaginary though.

I also have been using an "offense" 21/0/9 set, but I need to fix it so there's an AP offense and AD offense set. It's probably made my AD carries slightly worse than usual until I do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom