• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Man, trying to learn vayne but man I'm sucking it up. I don't see how you can lane without getting completely destroyed by another ranged character.

So far I've had to fight against (in a lane)

Cait & Shaco: Cait completely auto ranged me, and shaco kept me from hiding in bushes.

Nasus & Teemo: Teemo would stealth, pop me with a blind if I ever tried to bully nasus. Just one hit of his poison and vayne is hurting.

Kogmaw & ???: Wasn't too bad, but still kog puts on the hurt.

All times I never had a support. I'm guessing you need a support or your just screwed with her?

Blizzard

Banned
Man, trying to learn vayne but man I'm sucking it up. I don't see how you can lane without getting completely destroyed by another ranged character.

Cait & Shaco: Cait completely auto ranged me, and shaco kept me from hiding in bushes.

Nasus & Teemo: Teemo would stealth, pop me with a blind if I ever tried to bully nasus. Just one hit of his poison and vayne is hurting.

All times I never had a support. I'm guessing you need a support or your just screwed with her?
You gotta be pro with Bayonetta. Sounds like you're not pro enough. </trollface>

I'm kind of surprised Kog'maw didn't bother you more, considering his long slime range, boostable attack range, super ult range with vision in bushes, and kamikaze passive for Vayne's low HP.

I don't know how to do well with Vayne. Mudkira does well with her in bot games, but other than them I don't even know GAF people who play Vayne regularly. One thing to bear in mind is that when you use your ult and roll, you become invisible for a short amount of time. Another thing to bear in mind is that when you go for your third silver combo shot, try to make sure it's either an arrow or a roll shot for maximum bonus damage. Presumably ultra pro Vaynes also use rolls and arrows to pin people to unexpected geometry in glitchy fashion.

And a side note regarding Teemo, he's pretty good against autoattackers like Tryndamere and probably Vayne precisely becuase of the blind. You can hit him with abilities, but all Vayne has is the crossbow so you'd get off like one shot while being hit with 2-3 shots + poison. Miss Fortune, Caitlyn, and even Kogmaw have other things they can hit Teemo with if they're blinded.

Blizzard

Banned
Actually doesn't add any additional damage, just more bursty.
It adds additional damage over doing a normal autoattack, after which point you might not have the opportunity to do another attack, so it's more damage than you would have done in general.

What shoes did you get? I'm guessing possibly merc treads since you wouldn't have had magic resist otherwise? Or cooldown boots for more parleys?

Welcome to the jungle Gangplank fold. The new masteries helped him out more than a lot of other champions because of how crit heavy they can be.

If you're stomping a team Beserker's are best.

I used Berserker's. I figure they're good since that's my only attack speed item, it goes well with Wriggle's, and tenacity is kind of redundant on GP.

Once stopsign gets on, we'll talk about what we're going to do then send invs to those interested.

Sorry for taking a while to get back to you guys. Had to travel home for Thanksgiving and didn't have internet for a bit.

As far as a Ranked Team goes, lets see if we have enough for the eight slots available for each team, and then if we have more we can hold tryouts of some sort. I'm not really sure how that will work exactly. I think ideally we would just reach eight and then hopefully another team can form if need be. Then of course there's going to the Gaffers gonna GAF team.

I think having options is key here, so no one gets stuck where they don't want to be.

If you guys don't have me added yet, I'm Chronos in game. I can either make a Ranked Team or maybe take over the one that Achtius has (sorry I get Achtius and Blizzard confused all the time for some reason).

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
My guess is that there will be a need for multiple ranked GAF teams given the number of players we have.

Sorry for taking a while to get back to you guys. Had to travel home for Thanksgiving and didn't have internet for a bit.

As far as a Ranked Team goes, lets see if we have enough for the eight slots available for each team, and then if we have more we can hold tryouts of some sort. I'm not really sure how that will work exactly. I think ideally we would just reach eight and then hopefully another team can form if need be. Then of course there's going to the Gaffers gonna GAF team.

I think having options is key here, so no one gets stuck where they don't want to be.

If you guys don't have me added yet, I'm Chronos in game. I can either make a Ranked Team or maybe take over the one that Achtius has (sorry I get Achtius and Blizzard confused all the time for some reason).

Course, you could always add other good players and use good judgement.

Off the top of my head:

UnknownFactors
Uchip
Chronos
Bindww
JRizzle
Achtius
Teknopathetic
Neki

There you go, eight solid players. I'm probably leaving someone else.

Achtius

Off the top of my head:

UnknownFactors
Uchip
Chronos
Bindww
JRizzle
Achtius
Teknopathetic
Neki

good? TROLOLOLOLOL

These are the people that are good:
Davidiscool
Wuxtry
Mothman
Electrastar
+ among others

also I transfer ownership of GAF to Chrono

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Off the top of my head:

UnknownFactors
Uchip
Chronos
Bindww
JRizzle
Achtius
Teknopathetic
Neki

Wow. 1v1 me at dragon.

Blizzard

Banned
good? TROLOLOLOLOL

Davidiscool
Wuxtry
Mothman
Electrastar
+ among others

I'm not on these good lists, I've been robbed!

(let's get drama started before the games even start!)

good? TROLOLOLOLOL

Davidiscool
Wuxtry
Mothman
Electrastar
+ among others

I totally forgot about Wuxtry, and I don't count David or 'star cause I know 'em IRL. Hence, bias!

I haven't played with Mothman in a while, so...

Also, I've played with shintoki and sodacop, like, twice....

Flare

Off the top of my head:

UnknownFactors
Uchip
Chronos
Bindww
JRizzle
Achtius
Teknopathetic
Neki

What is this shit?
You forgot yourself

Ferny

You guys should be more worried about availability when constructing a team.

Yeah exactly, not just a list of guys. It has to be people able and willing to play together. The rankings count when the same group of people play with each other more.

LCGeek

formerly sane

I use vayne all the time and you kill other ranges with condemn and silver bolts. No ranged carry on bottom even with a tank is gonna be dumb enough to face once you learn to assert your potential as vayne.

Condemn damage and stun is no joke. With sion, alistar, taric, or singed basically it's a free setup when they do something to stack it. Level condemn over tumble. Always get silver bolts first as it amplifes tumble and condemn.

You already mentioned the big problem is decent support. My basic policy no soraka or sona backing up in that area don't even get agressive if you have bruiser or caster with you. Always farm up the vayne if she gets IE early enough most team will feed you kills like crazy.

Don't use tumble for offense unless you it poses no risk for taking damage. All it does for new and even experience vayne players is put you in the lane for heavy harassment if a jungler comes out you're basically dead.

I'm probably the best person on gaf using her I maul most of the ones I find arranged or normal queues. She requires a lot of effort to use well if you can use her and got the team go ahead otherwise my policy pick up ashe or caitlyn till a team has the comp to let vayne shine.

Cleanse Ghost for vayne all else is just wasting potential.

Why don't we just have the people who want to join the more serious group post up, and then we can form a list. I think there are a lot of good players that have been listed so far, probably enough for two different solid groups.

So if you want to join, post and I'll start a list.

JesseZao

Im interested in more group games. I've mostly been playing solo queue to unlock runes and champs while shooting for 30, but I do enjoy playing in GAF games. My sub-30 status hurts early game somewhat.

I hope you guys have fun with the groups. I can only play support and AP, but the idea of playing Ranked games is kind of a turn off, so I don't think I'd be joining. However...if you guys would upload the LoLReplays of matches, that'd be awesome. Either to the actual LoLreplay site or just the files.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Why don't we just have the people who want to join the more serious group post up, and then we can form a list. I think there are a lot of good players that have been listed so far, probably enough for two different solid groups.

So if you want to join, post and I'll start a list.

I will be up to for a group too, I can play around 6-10PST weekdays... and sometime in the weekend.

Irelia solo top, swain top or mid, or sona support. Only tank I can play is raging Leona, which doesn't scale so well end game. I can cait too... but I hate the idea of ad carry.

Don't cause rage either. :p

How can someone rage at Eve, they should blame the developer.

IsayFever

All you motherfuckers talking shit about Yorick take note. I'm going to main Yorick 24/7 until he gets the fucking respect he deserves!

< RAGE MACHINE

Blizzard

Banned
All you motherfuckers talking shit about Yorick take note. I'm going to main Yorick 24/7 until he gets the fucking respect he deserves!

< RAGE MACHINE
Silly, I don't know of anyone who disrespects Yorick much these days. It's SouthernDragon Yorick that gets
deserves
lots of disrespect.

also i have dota2 on 2 steam accounts :p
Why would you even say this unless you're going to offer me 4 keys or something? :/

Ferga

You gotta be pro with Bayonetta. Sounds like you're not pro enough. </trollface>

I'm kind of surprised Kog'maw didn't bother you more, considering his long slime range, boostable attack range, super ult range with vision in bushes, and kamikaze passive for Vayne's low HP.

I don't know how to do well with Vayne. Mudkira does well with her in bot games, but other than them I don't even know GAF people who play Vayne regularly. One thing to bear in mind is that when you use your ult and roll, you become invisible for a short amount of time. Another thing to bear in mind is that when you go for your third silver combo shot, try to make sure it's either an arrow or a roll shot for maximum bonus damage. Presumably ultra pro Vaynes also use rolls and arrows to pin people to unexpected geometry in glitchy fashion.

And a side note regarding Teemo, he's pretty good against autoattackers like Tryndamere and probably Vayne precisely becuase of the blind. You can hit him with abilities, but all Vayne has is the crossbow so you'd get off like one shot while being hit with 2-3 shots + poison. Miss Fortune, Caitlyn, and even Kogmaw have other things they can hit Teemo with if they're blinded.

a good vayne player rapes too :(

they come once in a blue moon but they turn games into hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom