• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

I still feel like jungling with warwick is a little weirder now, possibly even slower which doesn't even make sense. And it feels like the blue buff wears off even faster than it used to, even with the utility mastery to extend it. It may all be imaginary though.

I also have been using an "offense" 21/0/9 set, but I need to fix it so there's an AP offense and AD offense set. It's probably made my AD carries slightly worse than usual until I do that.

yeah it always seems to me that buffs dissipate earlier when using warwick, probably just because he's slow as molasses

WW jungle is definitely slower and the extended buff mastery was dropped from 30% overall to 20%, so it is a little bit shorter. I used to go 1-8-21 as WW and that would allow me to use Smite on Blue, Wraiths, and Lizard in my first jungle path which made my jungle really quite fast. I can't do that now, I only get to use Smite twice. It's why I've shied away from using him. I think I won the one game I used him in since the patch, but that was definitely post 6 that I picked up and started carrying.

Blizzard

Banned
WW jungle is definitely slower and the extended buff mastery was dropped from 30% overall to 20%, so it is a little bit shorter. I used to go 1-8-21 as WW and that would allow me to use Smite on Blue, Wraiths, and Lizard in my first jungle path which made my jungle really quite fast. I can't do that now, I only get to use Smite twice. It's why I've shied away from using him. I think I won the one game I used him in since the patch, but that was definitely post 6 that I picked up and started carrying.
So I'm not totally crazy. :/ I was like, this sucks, people are saying everyone is jungling FASTER since the mastery patch. I guess it's just certain champions who are super fast now at clearing the jungle now?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
You can do sooo much dmg with the new trees now that a slower champ like WW just seems to get beat out by other junglers now. It's so easy to roll through now it's all about go go go with no need to move slower to regen hp/mp.

He needs a movement speed buff, but Riot probably figure he has he's E when chasing down champs. Doesn't really help you at all trying to roll through the jungle though.

Blizzard

Banned
You can do sooo much dmg with the new trees now that a slower champ like WW just seems to get beat out by other junglers now. It's so easy to roll through now it's all about go go go with no need to move slower to regen hp/mp.

He needs a movement speed buff, but Riot probably figure he has he's E when chasing down champs. Doesn't really help you at all trying to roll through the jungle though.
I also end up with less health with WW jungle than I used to, so I burn more potions. It could be that I used to have more attack speed runes, and/or that I need to add the lifesteal and attack speed mastery options for him.

I haven't made multiple rune pages yet though, so I'm running general stuff for everyone.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
CLG's site has some good guides too

I've been learning jungle Ram with Saint's guide

Ferny

@ Blizzard: <3 (I was like.. I never said something like that!)

But atm, I am the proud owner of NEOGAF (GAF) and naGAF (naGAF).

I can transfer ownership of GAF to whoever is serious in making a team, and we can use naGAF for fun.

north america GAF (naGAF) is best GAF btw.

I'd really be interested in being captain and getting a team of people going and playing ranked games seriously with practicing and stuff. If we can get 5-7 people interested, lets get this going.

Achtius

But you can switch members i think, invite and kick and stuff

I'd really be interested in being captain and getting a team of people going and playing ranked games seriously with practicing and stuff. If we can get 5-7 people interested, lets get this going.

Both you and thestopsign showed interested in the GAF team, maybe you two can talked over and i'll give it to either one of you (or whoever is interested) the ownership if you are forming the team together.

EDIT: We were randomly talking in the GAF channel and we came up the idea that we should have a in-house tourney and the winner get the GAF team. (If there is more than 1 team, ofc)

Flare

I say whoever is going to playing team ranked not very seriously should name the team "Gaffers gonna Gaf." That will be awesome.

evangd007

I also end up with less health with WW jungle than I used to, so I burn more potions. It could be that I used to have more attack speed runes, and/or that I need to add the lifesteal and attack speed mastery options for him.

I haven't made multiple rune pages yet though, so I'm running general stuff for everyone.

My jungle WW needs no potions or even a leash on blue now, so I don't know what's going wrong with your jungle. What masteries are you going? I've been going 9/21/0. 6% AS is godly on him, as well as the +4 damage to minions/monsters. I feel that the first 8 points in Utility are essentially wasted, and Utility Mastery is not terribly necessary because after the first round, blue and red buffs should be going to laners.

Ferny

But you can switch members i think, invite and kick and stuff

Both you and thestopsign showed interested in the GAF team, maybe you two can talked over and i'll give it to either one of you (or whoever is interested) the ownership if you are forming the team together.

EDIT: We were randomly talking in the GAF channel and we came up the idea that we should have a in-house tourney and the winner get the GAF team. (If there is more than 1 team, ofc)

I'd be more inclined to say it should be more based on interest than just a tourney. If we can get a solid group together who can always play together then I'd say that would be a better option. Stop if you wanna get together we can talk about you want to do for the team.

Achtius

I'd be more inclined to say it should be more based on interest than just a tourney. If we can get a solid group together who can always play together then I'd say that would be a better option. Stop if you wanna get together we can talk about you want to do for the team.

I am not interested in a serious team, just not sure who to give it to if there are more than 2 people who wants it.

Blizzard

Banned
My jungle WW needs no potions or even a leash on blue now, so I don't know what's going wrong with your jungle. What masteries are you going? I've been going 9/21/0. 6% AS is godly on him, as well as the +4 damage to minions/monsters. I feel that the first 8 points in Utility are essentially wasted, and Utility Mastery is not terribly necessary because after the first round, blue and red buffs should be going to laners.
I had been going 21/0/9 I think.

What runes and warwick items do you typically use? I usually feel like I'm constantly running out of mana and not very useful if I don't have red and blue buffs.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm interested and on quite often. Just need to find me a good ranged ad carry and I'm full on all the roles.

Been thinking of getting Ezreal next. I seem to do very well with Lux, Morgana, and other Skill shot characters. Maybe an AD carry one would be better than my awkward Cait or Ashe. I'll miss those arrows though.

Ferrio

Banned
Been thinking of getting Ezreal next. I seem to do very well with Lux, Morgana, and other Skill shot characters. Maybe an AD carry one would be better than my awkward Cait or Ashe. I'll miss those arrows though.

Going to be playing with vayne this week. I like her on paper, but the one time I used her I wasn't so hot. That was awhile ago... I've improved a lot since then.

Wonder with the new masteries if you could jungle with vayne...

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
if you guys have room I'd be interested in doing ranked GAF team games

IsayFever

Hey EU lolgaffers. We have an naGAF team, I expect an euGaf team ;p
6PBAM.jpg

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I say whoever is going to playing team ranked not very seriously should name the team "Gaffers gonna Gaf." That will be awesome.

Everyone in that team will just have 1 game, and then afk all day in chat for the rest of the season. That's casual Lolgaf for you.

I am up for a team too, if anyone have space, promise I won't rage....
too much

Probably had my best game ever tonight. It was my third time jungling Gangplank and I got three quick kills through ganking. Then I stole dragon from their jungle Udyr with my ult. I took Soda Cop's advice and built Wriggle's, Warmog's, and Atma's. Ended up going 14-1-16 before they surrendered. The tank build worked really well and I wasn't taking any damage while I ran through their entire team even while turret diving. It still does a good amount of damage, too.

Blizzard

Banned
Probably had my best game ever tonight. It was my third time jungling Gangplank and I got three quick kills through ganking. Then I stole dragon from their jungle Udyr with my ult. I took Soda Cop's advice and built Wriggle's, Warmog's, and Atma's. Ended up going 14-1-16 before they surrendered. The tank build worked really well and I wasn't taking any damage while I ran through their entire team even while turret diving. It still does a good amount of damage, too.
What shoes did you get? I'm guessing possibly merc treads since you wouldn't have had magic resist otherwise? Or cooldown boots for more parleys?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Welcome to the jungle Gangplank fold. The new masteries helped him out more than a lot of other champions because of how crit heavy they can be.
What shoes did you get? I'm guessing possibly merc treads since you wouldn't have had magic resist otherwise? Or cooldown boots for more parleys?
If you're stomping a team Beserker's are best.

Blizzard

Banned
Hey EU lolgaffers. We have an naGAF team, I expect an euGaf team ;p
I come back in the morning and don't see a response. D: Is the naGAF team full or can I join? I suggested the idea of the casual team, and I'm clearly the best and nicest player in the world, so I want to play! ;(

Wrekt

So for any of you interest in DotA2, I have some impressions as someone who has only really played LoL in the MOBA genre.

A little bit of back story: I tried DotA when it started getting really popular. I joined a game called "noobs only, learn here." So I joined and picked a random hero that looked cool. The rest of my team flipped out because apparently he was weak or didn't fit the team comp. The match started and I bought a AGI item for my AGI hero, which infuriated the team further. I think I quit mid game and uninstalled the mod. A year or two later I got into the HoN beta. I was checking out hero abilities before my first match and when time was running out, I selected a hero I had already read about. However switching your pick and then switching back apparently costs you started gold. My team flipped out again and seeing that nothing had changed, I quit out before the match even started.

I got into LoL at the request of some friends and I think I was summoner level 20 before I was called a racial and/or gay slur. It made it much easier to deal with. Playing with friends also made it much easier to stick around. I don't have a ton of time to play so I'm still just shy of summoner level 30, but one of my LoL friends got into the DotA2 beta and sent me one of his friend invites. I played a few games yesterday and had an overwhelmingly negative experience.

First off, I read the terrific beginner guide in the DotA2 OT. I read a few more in depth guides about various champs that appealed to me. I know that guides can't teach you everything, but I went into my first game fairly well prepared. That first game I came to the following conclusions:

It feels unresponsive. There is a noticeable delay between when you click to move and when your champ actually starts walking.

The community is as volatile as I remember it. I largely flew under the radar, as I played fairly passive. I didn't give up any early deaths and followed an item guide word for word. However they didn't take it so easy on a guy that was new to the genre. He got ripped a new one by all 3 of the other people on my team.

The item store is ok. It seems easier to build higher tier items than I remember it being. However in the first game I played, the store bugged out and I couldn't move after visiting it. I had to leave the game to fix it.

The abilities are boring. Most champs have an aura or two and then activated abilities that take about 60% of your starting mana. I know that in LoL there are certain champs that only get a few casts with their starting mana bar, but it felt like everybody was just trading auto-attacks for most of the game.

The items are a double edged sword. I like the idea of activated abilities that can make up for a missing component of your team. However, the emphasis on consumables make me feel like I'm throwing away a ton of gold. That is more of a reflections on my shortcomings as a player. A ton of times I find myself hugging a tower at 30% hp with a potion just collecting dust in my inventory.

The champions are painfully generic. I mean they have a character named Drow Ranger. There is something to be said with staying true to the source material. There is another to not give an actual name to something that was seemingly a placeholder that never got changed.

So TL;DR version: I was rather unimpressed with a few games of DotA2. With the holiday rush of games out now, I can still see myself playing more LoL but I don't see me logging back into DotA.

Achtius

I come back in the morning and don't see a response. D: Is the naGAF team full or can I join? I suggested the idea of the casual team, and I'm clearly the best and nicest player in the world, so I want to play! ;(

I think we just kick and invite ppl as needed? since there is only room for 8.

bjaelke

You can just make several teams. I saw TSM had 3 different teams where some of the players were members of 2-3 of the teams at the same time.

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks for the impressions. I will still probably try it if I ever get a beta key or if the game is released as free to play, but I suspect it will be even harder than LoL.

I agree that the champion names are rather generic. I am guessing that part (most?) of the reason they left them that way was because otherwise, people who played lots of DotA would get really mad.

*edit* Ah cool, so you can just adjust the members of a team before you play a game, and that doesn't affect the ranking or whatnot, it sounds like.

Boken

Banned
So TL;DR version: I was rather unimpressed with a few games of DotA2. With the holiday rush of games out now, I can still see myself playing more LoL but I don't see me logging back into DotA.
Oh man, gotta hide you from the DotA people.

oh shit too late.

Achtius

Thanks for the impressions. I will still probably try it if I ever get a beta key or if the game is released as free to play, but I suspect it will be even harder than LoL.

I agree that the champion names are rather generic. I am guessing that part (most?) of the reason they left them that way was because otherwise, people who played lots of DotA would get really mad.

*edit* Ah cool, so you can just adjust the members of a team before you play a game, and that doesn't affect the ranking or whatnot, it sounds like.

Under 'manage' tab for your team, there is a field that call "Next Available Invite", so I assume there is a limit on how often you can change your team. I guess we gotta wait for Rayven to clarify on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom