• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the internet drama, GAF in-house is starting to be a lot of fun.

Because, well, now we have enough people in the GAF chat channel to make it work. If you're new to the fold you MUST add yourself to the channel!

Boken

Banned
ATTN all furries (2th and Uchip), and LOLGAFFERS,
Volibear:http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1521731

Abilties:

Rolling Thunder: Volibear drops to all fours and runs faster if chasing an enemy champion. The first enemy he attacks is knocked into the air.
Frenzy: Volibear's repeated attacks grant him additional attack speed. Once Volibear has repeatedly attacked four times, he can perform a vicious bite on his target.
Majestic Roar: Volibear lets out a powerful roar that damages and slows enemies. Minions and monsters are feared as well.
Thunder Claws (Ultimate): Volibear channels the power of the storm causing his attacks to blast his targets with lightning that bounces to other nearby enemies.
Chosen of the Storm (passive): Volibear heals rapidly for a few seconds when his health drops to a critical level.

Sample:
vilbear10.png

y2dvd

The stars are aligning and I'm getting decent teammates. Was on a 5 game losing streak but bounced back up.
VMJ96.png

Feels good man!

2th

Banned
ATTN all furries (2th and Uchip), and LOLGAFFERS,
Volibear:http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1521731

Abilties:

Rolling Thunder: Volibear drops to all fours and runs faster if chasing an enemy champion. The first enemy he attacks is knocked into the air.
Frenzy: Volibear's repeated attacks grant him additional attack speed. Once Volibear has repeatedly attacked four times, he can perform a vicious bite on his target.
Majestic Roar: Volibear lets out a powerful roar that damages and slows enemies. Minions and monsters are feared as well.
Thunder Claws (Ultimate): Volibear channels the power of the storm causing his attacks to blast his targets with lightning that bounces to other nearby enemies.
Chosen of the Storm (passive): Volibear heals rapidly for a few seconds when his health drops to a critical level.

Sample:
vilbear10.png

first off only Uchip is the furry. I just happen to like Udyr cause he is the epitome of manliness having killed creatures and wearing their pelts for power. He does not sex up animals like a furry.

As for Volibear. I have been a part of the Armored Bear cause since mid 2009 when the meme spawned from a forum fight between Volibar and Zileas. I for one welcome our new armored bear overlords.

I think I'll try jungling Veigar. His ganks would be great and with the minion and pot changes, he is going to suck even more in lane. But with blue buff and his stun, he could be a good surprise attacker.

Blizzard

Banned
Volibear reminds me of Warwick with those abilities...the slow and running boost should be good for chasing people. No hard stun/suppression though.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Wow, nuts. So all champions might be able to jungle.

Holy shit, nerfing potion, minion damage and the redbuff.

Bah I hate this changes, before if you against a champion that hard counter you, you can just play smart and let the minion fights for you.

Now they just out right rape you.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
New changes sound alright to me. I really need to pick this game back up.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wow, nuts. So all champions might be able to jungle.

Holy shit, nerfing potion, minion damage and the redbuff.

I wonder what the new values are. I hope that they at least make the health pot heal faster, but I doubt it.

Really, it they wanted to increase early game aggression, they could lower the damage output of the tier one towers, so people can't just hide behind them.

2th

Banned
I wonder what the new values are. I hope that they at least make the health pot heal faster, but I doubt it.

Really, it they wanted to increase early game aggression, they could lower the damage output of the tier one towers, so people can't just hide behind them.

meh. Towers are Already too weak. You can tower dive so easily.

Achtius

I would like to point out that that game with Alistar... I was constantly putting up 5 wards every 4 minutes. Half the map was visible for most the game.

Your half. Mine was pitch black except for the ones I put. :)
it actually helps me when your half is visible as I know when to back off. It's totally not a thankless job.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Congrats on the Penta.

Not really interested in Volibear at all. The art does nothing for me, and his kit does even less. Going to wait and play the jungle changes before I pass any judgement, but I'm all for the general idea. Not too sure how a nerfed red will work out because I was under the impression they were trying to promote ganking, but whatever.

Blizzard

Banned
I swear neogaf chat is trying to tell me something. I beg and spam the chat to play, and no one ever types a word, yet like 15 people are playing. But when their games are over and I ask, they're always like oh yeah, I'm done for now.

>_>;

Uchip

Banned
I swear neogaf chat is trying to tell me something. I beg and spam the chat to play, and no one ever types a word, yet like 15 people are playing. But when their games are over and I ask, they're always like oh yeah, I'm done for now.

>_>;

people need to use steam or something

Achtius

>_>;

well they can in pre-made of 5 people so there is no room, or they are actually done. o_O

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

>_>;
If people are running a group of five it's just easiest to not break up the group between multiple games. Also, if people are actually in games spamming the chat isn't going to do a lot. Just have to be on the lookout for people pulling others into a group.

When I get back home we can run stuff. You're not usually on as late it seems like when there are always spots open in groups.

Uchip

Banned
thing is, LoL is annoying sitting in the taskbar
unless theres some way to minimize it im not going to leave it open hoping for a game

Blizzard just keeps catching us at the tail end of games

Or misses invites.

Although, I missed Summons for yesterday's inhouse. And when I did invite, other people jumped in ahead of him.

Boken

Banned
Congrats on the Penta.

Not really interested in Volibear at all. The art does nothing for me, and his kit does even less. Going to wait and play the jungle changes before I pass any judgement, but I'm all for the general idea. Not too sure how a nerfed red will work out because I was under the impression they were trying to promote ganking, but whatever.

OP junglers mean i tower hug all day yo

Inskipp

Interesting changes. Nerfing the HP pots saddens me a bit, but as long as they heal 100+ I don't really care.

As for the red buff- change.... That strikes very odd for me. Weaker on melee? Sound like reverse- dota.

Only effect I see for this are weaker ganks and no reason for any melee to pick up a red buff from mid to late game. It seems Riot enjoys the mechanic of ranged carries having the red buff, and wants to keep it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom