• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't want to blame anyone but I've noticed some stuff that I really want to comment on.

- When I was waiting for GP to get red down, I was going to smite it and then kill him. When mid went to help, it was an obvious tip-off that he was being watched and he abandoned red.

- Singed should not be left alone against Shen and Graves. Ever. I would've tried to gank except they were at full health the entire time whereas Singed was always at 50% or lower. A successful jungle gank requires people to be low, which is nearly impossible in a 1v2 situation.

- Ryze should've been dying every time he entered top lane, once Akali hit six. For some reason Akali was always pushed back to tower. I share part of the blame, but because I was worried because Graves would get too farmed. there was no way I was leaving Singed alone.

- Focus should be on the squishies, in terms of threat level and squshiness. That meant Graves -> Ryze -> GP -> Ori -> Shen. I saw a Shen walk away from many fights with 50% hp while the aforementioned were either dead or at full health. Again I share part of the blame for picking Shaco since having two ninjas meant, that team fights always started lopsided.

- Against teams stacking health items, Madred's Bloodrazor is your friend.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I love Riven but she doesn't love me.

She's given her blessing to someone else.

::cry::

APmzq.jpg

Yea my Shaco too gud.

P.S.

My Shaco sucks

P.P.S.

Seriously, my Shaco sucks.

Blizzard

Banned
We just had a team with shaco, sona, and singed on it...nearly got a backdoor victory but had no damage.

I really don't know what to do against vlad as fizz. His lifeheal attack seemed to universally heal my damage away, and he outsped me when I tried to dash typically.

Blizzard

Banned
Terrifying moment: Running into a bush as Teemo, having Shaco immediately run after you and put a box EXACTLY on top of you. I had to sit there 90 seconds and beg my team not to come near me. I ended up surviving it though since the box died by itself after people had left. And yes, I could have died and respawned in that amount of time. >_>

Shaco boxes don't target stealthed opponents automatically, but I think they MAY target the closest opponent, even stealthed, if they are triggered.

Macattk15

My luck with solo queue is still going strong.

Dominated as Caitlyn ... Taric was awesome in support role. In Season 2 I'm running a 49-11-35 line with Caitlyn.

bI7vP.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Ran into yet another unstoppable tank team. Leona, Alistar, Rammus, Galio, and Leblanc. Veigar and I were somehow tied for 6 kills at the top of the team but there was basically no earthly way to stop them once they threw 5 ults on each turret.

I don't even know how it would be possible to beat that team except possibly with 1-2 AD carries.

I tried builting atmogs on gangplank, but I still seem barely able to do any damage at all with him. Leona took hardly any damage from parley, like her health bars made barely visible movements, lol. And I'm so bad at last hitting that malphite got a bunch of minions and I didn't steal them. :(

Achtius

Ran into yet another unstoppable tank team. Leona, Alistar, Rammus, Galio, and Leblanc. Veigar and I were somehow tied for 6 kills at the top of the team but there was basically no earthly way to stop them once they threw 5 ults on each turret.

I don't even know how it would be possible to beat that team except possibly with 1-2 AD carries.

I tried builting atmogs on gangplank, but I still seem barely able to do any damage at all with him. Leona took hardly any damage from parley, like her health bars made barely visible movements, lol. And I'm so bad at last hitting that malphite got a bunch of minions and I didn't steal them. :(

we were in one with fiddle, galieo, ashe, kassadin and udyr.

fiddle ult in us and use zhyona, galieo flash in and ult and taunt us, ashe ult on us after, and then kass and udyr just stun/silence whoever still alive.

Just had the hardest carry I've ever done to get to 1500. I forced the bans into either choosing a Morg or Kass for me, luckily I got Kass. Team was down every single turret and I picked up a triple kill 3v1 as they were attacking the Nexus. We grab baron and then hold out for another 10 min until we have all inhibs back up, get Baron again, then pushed mid for the win.

I went 20-5-17.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
They eat squishy teams and can bruise forward early.

While a strong AD carry works with normal comp, I prefer the two easier counters.

Noc, Vlad, Gang, Yi, Lee Sin, and others. Ones who can build tanky to increase damage. They won't have the dps to kill them, while you will.

2nd, Tank teams bunch up. Counter with an Anumu or Galio yourself. Anumu is god like against them. Same goes for Nasus. Those AE damage over time with zero ability to kite. Jarv would probably be great too with some smart engagements. I prefer to go head first in a bush with him. Why? His ult is the exact same as an Avi's wall. Except it prevents them from getting to your squishies too.

You need strong map awareness against them too. I still see many gaffers face check, over extend, etc. They can bruise very early and end it quickly.

Blizzard

Banned
5 AD carries mid should be incredibly underleveled. :/

Also solo queue, got over twice as many kills as anyone else, and team was still 18-39. :/ GAF games lost 4 in a row, and solo queue lost my game, it's just one big losing game. I briefly gained hope of getting back over -50 but I think I just give up for good now.

bjaelke

So apparently there are rumors going around that Jax will get a block system similar to that of Pantheon. I hope that's not true.
The fact that the sidelanes didnt fall back to help mid by the time they were attacking the 2nd mid tower shows that it had to be a low elo match.
If it was anything but low ELO they'd know during champion select, that the opponents were all going mid and would've countered it.

Blizzard

Banned
Fizz is so op.
People seem to keep making posts like this with one sentence and no explanation. >:|

What masteries did you use, what build did you use, what lane opponent did you have, what record did you have, and do you feel that Fizz has few weaknesses? He can do well in some situations, but like Riven (and most other champions), he has weaknesses and seems like a poor matchup in other situations.

If you're going to say someone is OP, people, it would help us to know some more details so we can either complain a bunch, or (more importantly) exploit it ourselves! I tried gangplank with atmogs for instance. No good! I'm missing some key element.

soloscout

Neo Member
Hi LoL GAF :D How often do you guys play together and when?! Is it mostly norms?? If you guys are all high ranked ELO then I won't bother you. Otherwise, PM me and let's play some time.

Blizzard

Banned
People play often, they play in the "neogaf" ingame chat room, they play mostly blind normals (and end up with bad matchups), and they (we) lose a lot. So no worries.

However, we tried draft pick yesterday and it somehow turned out even worse than blind pick. xD

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
People seem to keep making posts like this with one sentence and no explanation. >:|

What masteries did you use, what build did you use, what lane opponent did you have, what record did you have, and do you feel that Fizz has few weaknesses? He can do well in some situations, but like Riven (and most other champions), he has weaknesses and seems like a poor matchup in other situations.

If you're going to say someone is OP, people, it would help us to know some more details so we can either complain a bunch, or (more importantly) exploit it ourselves! I tried gangplank with atmogs for instance. No good! I'm missing some key element.
You own personal success doesn't seem like a great metric for how good champions are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CrFHP19-S8

Blizzard

Banned
You own personal success doesn't seem like a great metric for how good champions are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CrFHP19-S8
Sure, but if Bindww's own personal success was not the metric for how "OP" Fizz is, what was his metric? I wanted to know the details. :D

One thing I tried on Fizz was the little magic book as the first item. It seemed like it worked if the other team doesn't have ranged people to constantly damage you.

*edit* I just watched some of that video, and watched Caitlyn sit there for 2-3 seconds autoattacking minions after Fizz was...behind her?

unifin

Fizz has no real weak phases of the game, strong sustained damage, strong burst, a number of viable item paths, a high skillcap, crowd control, high mobility, and can negate/avoid spell particles and jump over terrain.

He's strong. Not OP, but strong.

No reason to start with amplifying tome, IMO. Take advantage of your passive and go boots first for easier harass in the early game.

Blizzard

Banned
Fizz has no real weak phases of the game, strong sustained damage, strong burst, a number of viable item paths, a high skillcap, crowd control, high mobility, and can negate/avoid spell particles and jump over terrain.

He's strong. Not OP, but strong.

No reason to start with amplifying tome, IMO. Take advantage of your passive and go boots first for easier harass in the early game.
Crowd control is limited to E and R, which has a very high mana costs unless you build mana items or only use it in exceptional circumstances. Jumping over terrain is possible but only in certain areas and not reliably. I think Caitlyn's net goes over longer distances than the hop, for instance, especially since getting max hop distance requires a midpoint to land on.

unifin

Really? In my experience if you build correctly you can wreck a lot of people in both mid and top.

Blizzard, just because he doesn't have CC on every spell doesn't make him not a strong champion, lol. His R is a powerful AoE slow that has knockup and a rather gigantic maximum cast range. Sure, the mana cost is high, but the damage and utility are both excellent.

He's no release Vayne/Graves/Nocturne, obviously, but played intelligently he has a lot of good matchups and snowballs hard as all assassins do. *shrug* He's good.

XeroSauce

Do people seriously think Riven is close to OP?

soloscout

Neo Member
People play often, they play in the "neogaf" ingame chat room, they play mostly blind normals (and end up with bad matchups), and they (we) lose a lot. So no worries.

However, we tried draft pick yesterday and it somehow turned out even worse than blind pick. xD

Thanks man, I'll join the chat the next time I'm on

Wrekt

No, he just likes Riven for some reason.

I just got in a queue where a Soraka was arguing with a Vlad because he wanted mid, and our jungler swapped from Yi to Kat after the rest of us locked in. Queue dodge ftw.

Blizzard

Banned
No, he just likes Riven for some reason.

I just got in a queue where a Soraka was arguing with a Vlad because he wanted mid, and our jungler swapped from Yi to Kat after the rest of us locked in. Queue dodge ftw.
I like Riven, but I don't think she's OP. I used to play her more often. I was just giving her as an example of another mostly melee champion, like Fizz, that I feel can struggle against ranged champions or certain matchups.

I think Jenga was complaining about her earlier in the thread, and two or three other people might have claimed she was OP. Someone used her in a competitive game too so I am kind of afraid enough people complaining will get Riot to nerf her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom