• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Pentastar is best star.

Playing AD TF makes me hope for a range buff soon. He needs it so badly.
Like with Sivir?

Anyway play a real ranged AD, like Caitlyn.

Caitlyn + Xerath on the same team = GGGGGGGGGG

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks to DrBo42 if you're on GAF for helping us all with Taric.

I got a quadrakill with Teemo, but sadly printscreen doesn't work and I wasn't running Fraps. I pressed F12 and the game froze for a couple of seconds...does that save a screenshot somewhere? *edit* Apparently it's supposed to, but didn't work for me. Oh well!

God this is depressing.

I got a job in South Korea, and because of it, I can't play anymore. The lag is unbearable. Like, a 2 second delay on every ability.

Guess I'm done with the game.

Boken

Banned
Rofl
South Koreans have as much lag as Australians do. Cry some more.

ps. theres a south korea beta server for lol.

edit: as much lag = same ping

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How does I Xerath.

Theoretically he should be good on Dominion but I'm getting my shit stomped in.

Wrekt

Interesting changes. Nerfing the HP pots saddens me a bit, but as long as they heal 100+ I don't really care.

As for the red buff- change.... That strikes very odd for me. Weaker on melee? Sound like reverse- dota.

Only effect I see for this are weaker ganks and no reason for any melee to pick up a red buff from mid to late game. It seems Riot enjoys the mechanic of ranged carries having the red buff, and wants to keep it that way.

It moves down Skarner a peg or two, imo. With the red buff nerf, there really isn't a reason to gank pre-6. If the respawns can keep up with his jungle speed, I don't see myself leaving the jungle unless bot gets immediately pushed back to their tower.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
How does I Xerath.

Theoretically he should be good on Dominion but I'm getting my shit stomped in.

Learn how to hit the Q and you can stomp pretty much anyone. I don't play Dominion with him though, so I dunno.

Boken

Banned
Interesting changes. Nerfing the HP pots saddens me a bit, but as long as they heal 100+ I don't really care.

As for the red buff- change.... That strikes very odd for me. Weaker on melee? Sound like reverse- dota.

Only effect I see for this are weaker ganks and no reason for any melee to pick up a red buff from mid to late game. It seems Riot enjoys the mechanic of ranged carries having the red buff, and wants to keep it that way.

Um I think they mean weaker on melee. Not weaker on melee compared to ranged.
Red will still be stronger on melee.

bjaelke

I wonder how all the changes will be affecting the upcoming tournaments. Surely this jungle revamp will influence the current meta and maybe even allow some new champions to enter the competitive scene. I already see jungle Kayle being debuted soon. Well, maybe not at WCG but one of the smaller tournaments perhaps.

Stonewall's new jungle impressions:
http://www.rog.clgaming.net/blogs/stonewalls-jungle/4444-the-jungle-remake

TL;DR - malphite is a god
- blue regens a small amount of hp
- farmer junglers massive buff
Told ya. He was already fantastic with the new masteries and the jungle revamp is not going to halt his progression in the jungle. All he needs now is a pre-6 ganking ability.

I'm slightly saddened that jungling is going to be so "easy". I know they want to make it more accessible, but there should be other ways to go about it.

Boken

Banned
So it is a global nerf that effects both archetypes? I was under the impression due to this bit that melee- champs get a reduced effect.

Yeah but right now, ranged champions get (5/10/15%) slow compared to what melee get (10/20/30%). So after the patch melee may get (8/16/24%) or something like that, with ranged red still not as effective.

2th

Banned
Stonewall's new jungle impressions:
http://www.rog.clgaming.net/blogs/stonewalls-jungle/4444-the-jungle-remake

TL;DR - malphite is a god
- blue regens a small amount of hp
- farmer junglers massive buff

very disappointing information. in the patch preview when they said they wanted to make the jungle accessible for lower level summoners i died a little inside. Jungling effectively should be difficult. Let the low level people learn how to lane first. then they can try to jungle after they hit level 30. Fuck i know level 30s that cant lane so i sure as hell dont want them jungling.

Rayven

aka surume
very disappointing information. in the patch preview when they said they wanted to make the jungle accessible for lower level summoners i died a little inside. Jungling effectively should be difficult. Let the low level people learn how to lane first. then they can try to jungle after they hit level 30. Fuck i know level 30s that cant lane so i sure as hell dont want them jungling.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=17676082#post17676082

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=17680670#post17680670

TLDR:
More choice from moment to moment for junglers.
Less Rune page limited.

2th

Banned

ive read those. but i still feel like making it less rune dependent is not the best way to go about it. Jungling should be difficult. It should be something you have to have worked hard to do. I mean it doesnt have to be completely rune dependent, but making to where anyone can jungle without the proper runes is a bad choice i think. as i said before, i would much rather people learn how to lane before they even try to jungle.

also, knowing when to gank heavily influenced by knowing how to lane. If you dont know how to read what exactly is happening in the lane then you wont know how to gank properly. Sure you might get lucky every now and then but that doesnt mean you have learned anything.

Boken

Banned
I don't care for knee jerk reactions and not really even about design intent. The patch comes out soon and it'll take people a while to get used to it... Then we can see if it has a positive effect or not. I'm afraid that if it has a negative effect, RioT wouldn't revert changes anyway. I'm just glad I'm not a jungle player.

However, for entertainment:
Change - faster, weaker spawns

for: junglers to bounce around their jungle and gank from more unpredictable directions
-against: failed ganks become more wasteful (compared to not ganking). (This might make it seem like ganking is more of a choice, but any reason not to gank makes the game more boring...)
-against: junglers that can power clear become even better. (?speculation)

for: big spawns become more valuable - good counter jungle targets
-against: these are very risky to take early game
-against: stealing small camps is pointless because the countered jungler can just go to another camp and wait for it respawn

Change - blue giving slight HP/regen (?truth)

for: uhh, makes it easier for lowbies/crap champions to jungle?
-against: makes blue even more powerful in mid
for: control of blue becomes more important

Anyway, the fact that jungle is still maximisable is ALWAYS true. And as long as jungling can be maximisable, there will be people who are better at it than others. I think it's such a massive paradigm shift and people will need to adjust.

ive read those. but i still feel like making it less rune dependent is not the best way to go about it. Jungling should be difficult. It should be something you have to have worked hard to do. I mean it doesnt have to be completely rune dependent, but making to where anyone can jungle without the proper runes is a bad choice i think. as i said before, i would much rather people learn how to lane before they even try to jungle.

also, knowing when to gank heavily influenced by knowing how to lane. If you dont know how to read what exactly is happening in the lane then you wont know how to gank properly. Sure you might get lucky every now and then but that doesnt mean you have learned anything.

Wait, so your reason to not make jungling more accessible is to protect the noob player? (lol) It doesn't matter what you do, be in lane, or in jungle, if you do it enough - you will learn why X action is successful.

sacrifice our fun to make it more exciting.
DOES NOT ACTUALLY FOLLOW.
Our fun and spectator excitement not mutually exclusive.
Spectators like more action. I also like more action.

You're all crybabies, learn to adapt or die (or cry)

broz0rs

I just think that most of Riot's decisions regarding their game changes have to do with the idea that they want to make it an exciting spectator game. The revamped masteries were a huge buff to junglers. Stonewall mentioned briefly that even a bottom tier jungler like Irelia is quite powerful now (he's right). Now they want to buff the jungle even more after just a patch. If they are rushing into these changes, it's probably not because of the player base but for some other reason. I think that other reason is for LoL being an e-sport. The first twenty minutes is considered boring as hell to watch, so l guess Riot wants to sacrifice our fun to make it more exciting.

2th

Banned
Wait, so your reason to not make jungling more accessible is to protect the noob player? (lol) It doesn't matter what you do, be in lane, or in jungle, if you do it enough - you will learn why X action is successful.

no. i want people to learn the fundamentals (IE. laning, last hitting, harassing, pushing, etc.) before they learn to tackle the jungle.

2th

Banned
Why? Those things have nothing to do with the jungle.

What part of me saying that people need to learn the fundamentals of the game didnt you get?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fundamental
fun·da·men·tal
   [fuhn-duh-men-tl] Show IPA
adjective
1.serving as, or being an essential part of, a foundation or basis; basic; underlying: fundamental principles; the fundamental structure.
2.of, pertaining to, or affecting the foundation or basis: a fundamental revision.
3.being an original or primary source: a fundamental idea.
4.Music . (of a chord) having its root as its lowest note.
noun
5.a basic principle, rule, law, or the like, that serves as the groundwork of a system; essential part: to master the fundamentals of a trade.
6.Also called fundamental note, fundamental tone . Music .
a.the root of a chord.
b.the generator of a series of harmonics.
7.Physics . the component of lowest frequency in a composite wave.
also laning has everything to do with jungling. If you dont know what is going on in a lane or what your team or enemy can do in that lane then you will fail at ganking. And thus be worthless to your team.

Blizzard

Banned
What part of me saying that people need to learn the fundamentals of the game didnt you get?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fundamental

also laning has everything to do with jungling. If you dont know what is going on in a lane or what your team or enemy can do in that lane then you will fail at ganking. And thus be worthless to your team.

I think "everything" is an exaggeration. Specifically, you do not need to lane, worry about last hits (in most cases) like you would in the lane, harass like you would in the lane, or push like you would in the lane. Those are the things you mentioned.

Understanding people pushing the lane and when to gank is important, yes, but those four things you mentioned are pretty low on the list of important jungle things, seems to me.

Inskipp

I like the sound of jungle changes for the most part but I do wonder if adding a heal- buff to every camp was necessary.

If it's as bad as stonewall puts it out, it will most likely get toned down.

Macattk15

Slowly climbing out of ELO Hell Solo queue.

ypMj1.jpg

Graves was sooooooo mad the rest of the game after lee sin rage quit. I utterly dominated Nasus top.

2th

Banned
I think "everything" is an exaggeration. Specifically, you do not need to lane, worry about last hits (in most cases) like you would in the lane, harass like you would in the lane, or push like you would in the lane. Those are the things you mentioned.

Understanding people pushing the lane and when to gank is important, yes, but those four things you mentioned are pretty low on the list of important jungle things, seems to me.

knowing when to gank and such is the single most important thing for the jungle. your job isnt just to control neutral creeps, it is to put pressure on the other lanes. if you cannot do that you are just farming. sure there are times you cant pressure the other lanes cause your team is absolutely raping or getting completely shit on, but ganking is a junglers job. If you dont know what is going on in a lane you are failing already.

Ferrio

Banned
I can see champion with better walk speed (Shy and GP) will jungle a lot faster since they spend less time running around.

Ya might be a very nice buff for shy, she clears jungle so fast that she's left with nothing to do sometimes (all lanes pushed in, counter jungle might be too risky). She has trouble ganking especially pre 6, so something to keep her busy is nice.

IsayFever

So I played Orianna today for the first time in who knows how long, did somewhat well, but I can't help but feel that she's a bit on the nerfed side with the lowered range.

Blizzard

Banned
So I played Orianna today for the first time in who knows how long, did somewhat well, but I can't help but feel that she's a bit on the nerfed side with the lowered range.
Did you play her before the recent buff? From what I understand, she was almost completely useless for a few months, but the recent buff (Q range and something else?) put her back into subpar/average/good territory. I don't actually know where she falls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom