• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrekt

Nocturne, Shaco, Skarner, Udyr and Lee Sin will get nerfed before they touch Riven. I wouldn't worry about it because she was used in 1 pro game.

2th

Banned
Nocturne, Shaco, Skarner, Udyr and Lee Sin will get nerfed before they touch Riven. I wouldn't worry about it because she was used in 1 pro game.

Udyr wont get touched. He is perfectly fine. He is the only champion without an ult. Unless they want to remake him and give him an ult he is fine as he is.

XeroSauce

I like Riven, but I don't think she's OP. I used to play her more often. I was just giving her as an example of another mostly melee champion, like Fizz, that I feel can struggle against ranged champions or certain matchups.

I think Jenga was complaining about her earlier in the thread, and two or three other people might have claimed she was OP. Someone used her in a competitive game too so I am kind of afraid enough people complaining will get Riot to nerf her.

darthvaderno.mp4

I love Riven, she was my secon 6.3k IP purchase and I've been playing a ton of games with her. I think she was the first champ I played after I came back from my hiatus (she was free that week) and I got hooked.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I don't really feel like Riven is OP. She is annoying and has some nice burst early game. But seems to hit a ledge and falls off quickly, outside still being annoying.

I'd still much rather see nerfs to Aki and Tyrand, before the other ones. Ram is definitely going to need another for the jungle changes, might as well put it in preemptively.

Jenga

Banned
There it goes!

Also someone on NeoGAF was telling me that Udyr is unstoppable and the best jungler. Isn't he getting remade though?

they're just changing his passive cuz of dodge

they'll probably either fully remake it or give it a new bonus of some sort, maybe bonus MS or more damage blocking or something

XeroSauce

I don't really feel like Riven is OP. She is annoying and has some nice burst early game. But seems to hit a ledge and falls off quickly, outside still being annoying.

I'd still much rather see nerfs to Aki and Tyrand, before the other ones. Ram is definitely going to need another for the jungle changes, might as well put it in preemptively.

I hate Akali. Tyndamere, I can understand, because I can make sure he doesn't farm too much and I know not to get too close to allow him to smack me in the face.

But Akali..there is nothing I can do to her. Pre-6, she just slaps me around, ignoring minions, and post-6, there's no way I can kill her unless I catch her off guard AND I have a 125gold Pink Ward.

My friend plays a mean Akali and he outright denies how powerful she can be.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Udyr wont get touched. He is perfectly fine. He is the only champion without an ult. Unless they want to remake him and give him an ult he is fine as he is.
Karma has no ult. And having an ult doesn't make a champion more or less underpowered. Udyr is one of the best junglers in the game (although this could all get turned on its head with the next patch).
There it goes!

Also someone on NeoGAF was telling me that Udyr is unstoppable and the best jungler. Isn't he getting remade though?
He isn't being remade. Dodge is being removed from the game at some point in the future, and all champions that have built in dodge mechanics need some form of compensation that will be worked in. Udyr is one of these champions.
I hate Akali. Tyndamere, I can understand, because I can make sure he doesn't farm too much and I know not to get too close to allow him to smack me in the face.

But Akali..there is nothing I can do to her. Pre-6, she just slaps me around, ignoring minions, and post-6, there's no way I can kill her unless I catch her off guard AND I have a 125gold Pink Ward.

Akali is scrub league after all the nerfs. Well, not really but she only fits into very specific match ups and requires her lane matchup to be at a lower skill level. There are so many more champions that go top who can spiral out of control that don't rely on getting early kills.

LCGeek

formerly sane

She is powerful but most teams refuse the simple strat of owning her which is mr/lifesteal early with at least one or two wards/oracles so she has no advantage. Very few can fight akali 1v1 without a ward with one she is one of the easiest squishes to kill especially once you force her out of her circle. You need survival gear and permanent sight for her without either she can always squeeze by to escape or kill you before it's too late.

You said what you need don't bother to kill or deal with her without it.

2th

Banned
He is certainly more well off than Riven is, which was my point.
Blade of the Exile
(Active): Riven's sword reforms, gaining 20% bonus attack damage, extended range on her damaging abilities and autoattacks for 15 seconds. She is also granted the ability to use Wind Slash once for the duration.

Wind Slash Riven can activate the ability to emit a shockwave in a long cone in front of her that deals physical damage to all units hit based on their missing health.
No cost
Range:
Missile Speed: 2200
Bonus autoattack range: 75
Bonus Ki Burst range: 20 (estimate)
Broken Wings new aoe: 325 (estimate)

Minimum Damage: 80 / 120 / 160 (+0.6 per bonus attack damage)

Maximum Damage (25% health or lower): 240 / 360 / 480 (+1.8 per bonus attack damage)

Cooldown: 75 / 60 / 45 seconds

So she gets a ranged attack, an AD steroid, and her auto attack range is increased. Sounds like she is just fine to me.

Admittedly though she is weaker than Udyr but that doesnt make him OP. But, Riven can snowball a lot harder than Udyr. Get some AD on her and she can melt squishies. Plus she has a better gap closers than Udyr.

Karma has no ult. And having an ult doesn't make a champion more or less underpowered. Udyr is one of the best junglers in the game (although this could all get turned on its head with the next patch).
Really? She doesnt have an ult? So what is this?

Mantra (Active): Karma empowers her next ability to do an additional effect. Karma gains a charge over time and stores up to 2 charges. The refresh rate is reduced by cooldown reduction and does not progress when having max charges.
No cost
Cooldown: 0.25 seconds

Mantra is available from level 1 and does not require skill points. The time needed to load a charge is reduced at level 7 and 13.

Charge Reload Time: 30 / 25 / 20 seconds

2th

Banned
a skill available at level 1 cant be called an ultimate

2th making me facepalm

Y u so furry, Uchip?

Riot calls Mantra an Ultimate therefore it is an Ultimate. Deal with it. Both of you.

And Boken... Udyr is the easiest to kite champ in the game because he is the only champion that has no ranged attacks/spells at all. And Phoenix AOE doesnt count because it is still in like auto attack range to even get hurt by it.

Kozak

Banned
warwick confirmed to be new best jungler. those level 6 ganks are even more deadlier.

warwick > udyr

amirite

Warwick is good.

Too bad everyone in this game is too fucking stupid to realize that a Warwick gank before level 6 is going to be about effective as their contributions to society.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Warwick can gank with red.

OH WAIT ITS GETTING NOIFED.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Warwick is good.

Too bad everyone in this game is too fucking stupid to realize that a Warwick gank before level 6 is going to be about effective as their contributions to society.

Its your fault I was first blood 3 minutes into the game! YOU NEVER GANK!

Kozak

Banned
Its your fault I was first blood 3 minutes into the game! YOU NEVER GANK!

[ALL] GG! Noob WW! Please go kill yourself!
[ALL] Lol this WW is telling me to stop feeding. Idiot doesn't even gank.
[ALL] blablabla I need to let people know all about my problems in all chat! blablabla

etc..

Ferga

There it goes!

that would be me :p

i think they are going to change the dodge thing on his passive. I can only hope this will be the only change.

+ howd the first ranked game go for neogaf and who took my place

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
[ALL] GG! Noob WW! Please go kill yourself!
[ALL] Lol this WW is telling me to stop feeding. Idiot doesn't even gank.
[ALL] blablabla I need to let people know all about my problems in all chat! blablabla

etc..

Nothing says confidence like blaming others in all chat.

I always report the first person to do that shit regardless. Even if we win, going into all chat just to bitch out someone is low class.

bjaelke

In short - the new jungle is easier but it will still have the gap between regular junglers, bad junglers, masters and strong junglers.
Stonewall008 updates his thoughts on the new jungle remake.
Nothing says confidence like blaming others in all chat.

I always report the first person to do that shit regardless. Even if we win, going into all chat just to bitch out someone is low class.

But that's the only reason to use all chat. That and to say "gg noobs, easy" even if it took you 50 minutes to win the game.

Boken

Banned
In short - the new jungle is easier but it will still have the gap between regular junglers, bad junglers, masters and strong junglers.

As I said previously... this just goes without saying. The jungle is still maximisable. People just fear change, love knee jerk reactions etc etc.

Man up you junglers.

I also don't understand why people whine about the fact that the entry level into jungling is lower. The fuck is with that attitude? Why do these people act like elitist snobs that get offended if lesser players enter the jungle? Why does it matter to anybody that its easier for people to enter the jungle, as long as you can still differentiate good junglers from bad junglers.

example said:
Yeah, let's make it easier for weaker players to clear the jungle....WHY?! Why is Riot doing anything for the low level player?
Yeah, insecure elitist prick.

Also 2th, stop pushing your "Udyr is so weak QQ" agenda pls.

Ferrio

Banned
So went 2/3 in my solo rankings. Last match was absoultely pathetic. Had a fizz that was feeding, must of been a kid.. cause he was very stubborn just kept doing his own thing getting ganked over and over. Think his end score was like 1/10/2 or something.

Haly

The entire game was based on the idea that "DOTA is too hard, let's make it easier!"

I don't even know how this is surprising.

AcridMeat

Banned
AQOhD.jpg

What's up bad gaf (Turnip/Summon/Myself). I hope that wasn't disrespectful.

Blizzard

Banned
Blade of the Exile
(Active): Riven's sword reforms, gaining 20% bonus attack damage, extended range on her damaging abilities and autoattacks for 15 seconds. She is also granted the ability to use Wind Slash once for the duration.

Wind Slash Riven can activate the ability to emit a shockwave in a long cone in front of her that deals physical damage to all units hit based on their missing health.
No cost
Range:
Missile Speed: 2200
Bonus autoattack range: 75
Bonus Ki Burst range: 20 (estimate)
Broken Wings new aoe: 325 (estimate)

Minimum Damage: 80 / 120 / 160 (+0.6 per bonus attack damage)

Maximum Damage (25% health or lower): 240 / 360 / 480 (+1.8 per bonus attack damage)

Cooldown: 75 / 60 / 45 seconds

So she gets a ranged attack, an AD steroid, and her auto attack range is increased. Sounds like she is just fine to me.

Admittedly though she is weaker than Udyr but that doesnt make him OP. But, Riven can snowball a lot harder than Udyr. Get some AD on her and she can melt squishies. Plus she has a better gap closers than Udyr.
Are you being sarcastic? Her autoattacks are still relatively short melee range as far as I know, and the ranged attack is a skillshot. Garen's ult is a click attack, other champions have ranged ults with longer range, etc. What is wrong with a melee character being able to do enhanced AD damage in a general area?

Haly

I think 2th would be happy if they nerfed udyr but changed phoenix to a ranged attack.

Blizzard

Banned
Good job Acrid. We won a second game after that using the same team composition. I'm sure there may be problems with it, but if we get better at working together and I learn to farm gold with Ryze better, it seems pretty decent. :)

Blizzard

Banned
What do you guys think about Ryze? Like low elo, normal, blind-pick solo queue. Seems kind of good.
That's what I'm trying to learn at the moment. I'm always behind in gold and levels, but if I can manage not to feed and get past that point he seems good.

And Uchip you're playing dominion instead of summoner's rift. :| I don't even remember what that dominion-only ring item does. Do you think Fizz will be nerfed tomorrow with the new champion, so it's literally a case of "previous champion nerfed so you have to spend 6300 on the new one before they're nerfed"? Or do you think there will be two more weeks?

*edit* I notice you didn't even use lich bane.

2th

Banned
Also 2th, stop pushing your "Udyr is so weak QQ" agenda pls.

never pushed any "Udyr is so weak QQ" agenda. Not sure what you are smoking. Udyr is strong but he isnt OP. As the only champion without an ult he kind of has to be strong in his other facets.

Are you being sarcastic? Her autoattacks are still relatively short melee range as far as I know, and the ranged attack is a skillshot. Garen's ult is a click attack, other champions have ranged ults with longer range, etc. What is wrong with a melee character being able to do enhanced AD damage in a general area?

So we are going 2 for two in this response with people smoking something. The point of showing Riven's ult was to show that she has a game changing ability. That is what ults are. They change the game in some way shape or form. Udyr doesnt have that. Udyr can right click people and hit them over and over again. That is all he does. He has no ranged attacks. Riven has a ranged attack built into her ult. That ult is game changing. Deal with it? And yes, garens Ult is out of melee range (i think) so that would make it technically a ranged attack.

I think 2th would be happy if they nerfed udyr but changed phoenix to a ranged attack.

Actually no. I think phoenix is fine as it is. the fact that you cannot max out all of Udyrs skills means you have to pick if you want to be super offensive and max tiger and phoenix, or just slightly offensive and max out one of them. There is the middle ground of putting 4 in each but who does that really? lol. So basically, Udyr is fine. He is right where he needs to be right now. After the jungle changes come out and i get the chance to see them and play around i might change my tune. But for SR, TT and CS, Udyr is just fine.

Ryze is cool. Tanky caster. Not much burst. Definitely not as bursty as Annie, or Morgana. You need 5-6 spells in succession to do some serious damage, but with his passive which reduces CD after spells are cast, it's lots of fun. Something like R-Q-W-E-Q etc.

bjaelke

Ryze is cool. Tanky caster. Not much burst. Definitely not as bursty as Annie, or Morgana. You need 5-6 spells in succession to do some serious damage, but with his passive which reduces CD after spells are cast, it's lots of fun. Something like R-Q-W-E-Q etc.

Surely you mean Annie and Brand? Morgana doesn't have any real burst (Only one direct damage ability unless you count her ultimate). Ryze's dps is higher than Morgana's.

Blizzard

Banned
So I was like okay, instead of sleeping fine, I'll just try an all out Fizz AP solo queue game, what the heck.

fizz16afpd.png

I was laning with Renekton. He facechecked the bush, gave Akali first blood, died like 2 other times while I was a coward and stayed back, and we lost that tower quickly (double ranged with Sivir and Akali against double melee). I think we lost all 3 towers quickly and had ZERO kills while the other team had either 5 or 7. Talon called us faggots, accused me of kill stealing, etc. I kept talking and trying to coordinate, and people said I talked too much. I kept buying wards, and Talon was like, wards aren't crucial.

Then late in the game Talon apparently bought 4 wards TOO when I bought 4 more wards. I was so proud I didn't even report him for the language, plus he'd cooled off. They finally surrendered once we had their inhibitor down. One of our inhibitors nearly went down after Sivir kept backdooring, but again I was proud of the team since they focused her down as a group twice (wards for map awareness, then chase her), and then pushed while she was dead.

That's probably the best I've done with Fizz though.

Blizzard

Banned
I bought Fizz last night. I also say he is OP. They will nerf his ratios into oblivion.
If this keeps up with champions I actually like, especially new champions, I'm going to quit playing forever. Or I'll just keep complaining about nerfs. :| I guess the only safe thing to do is wait until new champions are free, but didn't Graves get nerfed twice AFTER he was free?

(note Graves also carried that game, so is he still OP? >_>)

Also remember the reason I got even further in the hole, currently about 55 losses more than wins, was that I lost 9 out of 10 games in a row using Fizz. Clearly if he were OP I should win merely for having him on my team.

Wrekt

You want to toss Q in after every cast to maximize damage. The W, R and E are interchangeable depending on the situation, but they should all follow a Q like Q-W-Q-R-Q-E-Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom